Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
so I was playing a really solid game on Junkertown and we'd pushed it on offense with 4:10 remaining. on defense, they made the second point in overtime and ... our tank and one DPS disconnect. All that's left is me on Lucio, Kiriko, and a Bastion

We pull back for a second and are like, well, what do we do? so finally Bastion just burns his ult.

Incredibly, it kills their Ana on the cart. Then the Bastion turns and murks a flanking Soldier in tank mode. so now it's just their Cassidy, Rein and Moira against the three of us. Kiriko ults and Bastion melts the Cassidy, the Rein dies ... somehow, and I get my ult just in time to prevent the Moira from killing us, now all at critical health, with her Coalescence.

Then our other two dudes reconnected but only a soldier could touch the point and he got melted again. And that's how we won a 3v5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I feel like plat/diamond lobbies are a lot harder than I remember them to be from OW1, lmao. Or I probably just am a worse player now, more likely. Or the playerbase has gotten better? Or both. Lmao. Either way, I think I will tap out at plat 4 for my support queue; I went like 5-10 tonight and felt hopeless a lot of the time. Winrates for Bap and Kiriko are around 55% which is pretty loving meh lol. Gonna try and get my tank queue into plat now.

coronary quips
Sep 14, 2009
nothing like having two teams full of mentally ill smartphone-era internet users call me a "white man," "gay," "redditor," "grandpa," and all sorts of other gibberish simply because i explained to them that people used to use the english language to communicate on the internet instead of mindlessly regurgitating memetic neologistic rhetoric. stomp on the enemy team several games in a row as pharah, then i end up with these toddlers and somehow i DIED 15 TIMES!!!! LOL 15 DEATH PHARAH!!!!! (ignore the fact they were never healing me and it's their fault, clearly it's my fault because that explanation releases a surge of dopamine into their brain as they type iamverysmart into the chat for the 497th time this week). LOL THE REDDITING PHARAH!!!!!!! nah, these are just things they said, because these are the brilliant internet geniuses of 2022, and what do i know, i'm just "grandpa" because i acknowledge the superiority of utilizing an extant, well-established lexicon to articulate and convey semantic structures.

maybe letting every retard on earth have unfettered access to a global communications network wasn't a good idea.

p.s. these are the same people who report me and have me banned by an automated system that never has a human being review the fact that i'm being abused by actual children.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

coronary quips fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Nov 11, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

coronary quips posted:

what do i know, i'm just "grandpa" because i acknowledge the superiority of utilizing an extant, well-established lexicon to articulate and convey semantic structures.

if you chat like you post, they were right

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

if you chat like you post, they were right

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

coronary quips posted:

nothing like having two teams full of mentally ill smartphone-era internet users call me a "white man," "gay," "redditor," "grandpa," and all sorts of other gibberish simply because i explained to them that people used to use the english language to communicate on the internet instead of mindlessly regurgitating memetic neologistic rhetoric. stomp on the enemy team several games in a row as pharah, then i end up with these toddlers and somehow i DIED 15 TIMES!!!! LOL 15 DEATH PHARAH!!!!! (ignore the fact they were never healing me and it's their fault, clearly it's my fault because that explanation releases a surge of dopamine into their brain as they type iamverysmart into the chat for the 497th time this week). LOL THE REDDITING PHARAH!!!!!!! nah, these are just things they said, because these are the brilliant internet geniuses of 2022, and what do i know, i'm just "grandpa" because i acknowledge the superiority of utilizing an extant, well-established lexicon to articulate and convey semantic structures.

maybe letting every retard on earth have unfettered access to a global communications network wasn't a good idea.

p.s. these are the same people who report me and have me banned by an automated system that never has a human being review the fact that i'm being abused by actual children.

Is this a new copypasta?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
my name is pharahstomper59

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

coronary quips posted:

Are you intentionally self owning here or?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
autoreporting everyone who types diff in chat if it can get these kind of results

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

coronary quips posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jy__tBe8eg

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just had the most bizarre match where one of the DPS on my team was constantly screaming into voice chat that everyone should pocket him because he's smurfing...all while having half of the damage dealt of every other DPS player in the match.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
asking for a pocket is one of the best ways to have healers specifically avoid pocketing you

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's actually a shame too, because if pharmercy is owning the team and i ask for a pocket to deal with them, usually i get a very offended healer (which happens at all ranks).

Annoying, because all you're asking for at that point is the same amount of co-ordination as the enemy team.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

the best way to stop me healing you is to complain about no heals. see how you like actually having no heals.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
it's a cardinal ladder sin to backseat drive other players characters

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

coronary quips posted:

Please let this be real

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I constantly get yelled at for being a "dps moira" by the DPS players that are unhappy that I didn't prevent them from being one-shot by enemy widow, or suicidal Tanks that are unhappy about me not being able to mitigate a full team worth of damage, and literally every single time that happens I always have the most healing out of all 4 supports.

I'm convinced that nobody actually knows how Moira works.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

There's a "come to me for healing" voiceline but Ana needs a voiceline that plays at 300% volume that's just her screaming PEEK ME FOR HEALS AND STOP FUCKNG JUMPING AROUND

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

There's a "come to me for healing" voiceline but Ana needs a voiceline that plays at 300% volume that's just her screaming PEEK ME FOR HEALS AND STOP FUCKNG JUMPING AROUND

Quoted for truth.

Nothing is harder to hit than a friendly Genji.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Issaries posted:

Quoted for truth.

Nothing is harder to hit than a friendly Genji.

Not unless you're his older brother.

Of course he stops being friendly after for a while.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

there's something about playing Ana that turns everyone in my OW playgroup, including me, into a 10/10 toxic rager.

WHY ARE YOU NOT WHERE I CAN SEE YOU! STOP MOVING! STAND WHERE I TELL YOU TO! I AM WAY OVER IN THE BACK ALONE AND NOW I AM GETTING MURDERED BY THEIR FLANKERS WHY ARE YOU NOT HERE PROTECTING ME!? WINSTON I AM GETTING KILLED IN THE BACK HERE BY THEIR WINSTON, WHY ARE YOU OVER THERE KILLING THEIR HEALERS AND NOT HERE?!

i think there's a pharaoh curse on her

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Megazver posted:

i think there's a pharaoh curse on her

It sucks being a high priority target with no escape options. If your abilities are on cooldown you're easy pickings for anyone that wanders by, and even if they're not you still have to hit a 360 no scope sleep dart on a hyperactive Genji and hope someone peels or you can get away.

Oh and meanwhile your team needs healing.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
this is why i play close combat ana and just stay in the middle of the team clump

that and the fact that my aim is dogshit so i need to be point blank to heal them

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
thats why I like playing baptiste he's so loving tanky and has amazing self peel

unfortunately I'm terrible at getting value out of his ult and haven't figured it out in ow2 yet lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Jack Trades posted:

I constantly get yelled at for being a "dps moira" by the DPS players that are unhappy that I didn't prevent them from being one-shot by enemy widow

It makes me feel better being stuck in silver that this is apparently universal

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

thats why I like playing baptiste he's so loving tanky and has amazing self peel

unfortunately I'm terrible at getting value out of his ult and haven't figured it out in ow2 yet lol

90% of the time I just drop it on myself and burn through a tank or something. I've given up on getting the spray for amplifying 2000 damage/healing or whatever with it.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Jack Trades posted:

I constantly get yelled at for being a "dps moira" by the DPS players that are unhappy that I didn't prevent them from being one-shot by enemy widow, or suicidal Tanks that are unhappy about me not being able to mitigate a full team worth of damage, and literally every single time that happens I always have the most healing out of all 4 supports.

I'm convinced that nobody actually knows how Moira works.

God forbid you ever take out your gun as Mercy.

I remember back in OW1 I had a teammate yell at me for stopping a Reaper Ult. Like, c'mon, man.

I finally did my prelims and they were especially mean to me. Got high bronze in both DPS and Support, haven't tried tank. I've been everything from Bronze to Platinum in OW1.

Apparently Zenyatta is bad now? People actually lose their poo poo if I so much as pick him. This is... Not a thing in quick play, so I was a little taken off guard, given how much I usually roll over the other team with him there. He seems pretty good for getting extra value while healing your team, and his ult is still fantastic.

Is he bad just because Zarya is so good, and sort of a hard counter to him? (Bubble cleanses orb for reasons I am certain someone thought were reasonable)

Also, ye gods do people down here not know how to ignore Zarya bubbles to save their lives. Just.... Just stop shooting for a hot second. That's it. That's the bloody secret.

Edit
Also, play of the game makes no sense. I had a quintuple kill in a match with Ashe, and it gave me PotG for an earlier triple kill I had on another round with Hanzo.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
play any hero you want. play with a controller. it doesn't matter the matchmaking will converge you to 50% win rate.

zenyatta is only weak if the enemy has multiple flank/dive characters (e.g. winston, sombra, tracer), the section of the map heavily rewards hero mobility, or your other support does low healing too b/c most ladder tanks are incapable of playing with low healing

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Mercy should be pulling out her pistol more often than ever now that Supports have to rely purely on DPS player for protection (:lol:).

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

verbal enema posted:

i keep ranking up from b5 to b5 as supp :c

Same. I have around 100 wins at this point and about 60% win rate in ranked with decent stats I think. Was mid gold when I stopped playing OW1 in 2018. Once went 7-1 and didn’t rank up. Pretty sure it’s broken, but I’ve learned to appreciate it’s basically free smurfing. I’m not good enough to steamroll teams by myself but do have some pretty good games.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
At least no one yells at me for picking Hanzo anymore. Which is good, because after my plan of sticking to Reaper for competitive went up in flames, I started rolling. It's weird how different it is than quick play.

I crushed every match I took Ashe into, and my win rate with her is usually below 50%. Reaper, who I have around 60, was getting destroyed. :psyduck:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

the best way to stop me healing you is to complain about no heals. see how you like actually having no heals.

If you actually have the ability to effectively hyper focus on NOT healing someone on your team out of spite, imagine how you could channel that ability into something that actually helps you win games.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I feel like the Mercy buff we need is that she always has her gun out and usable with a different key. Just have it turn whatever beam is active white while firing which reduces the effectiveness (or completely nullifies) of it until shots stop being fired.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 11, 2022

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The other night I (Orisa) got caught by a repositioning Widow who conveniently happened to receive a Mercy damage boost and got absolutely melted by her SMG. That hurt.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Veryslightlymad posted:

Apparently Zenyatta is bad now? People actually lose their poo poo if I so much as pick him. This is... Not a thing in quick play, so I was a little taken off guard, given how much I usually roll over the other team with him there. He seems pretty good for getting extra value while healing your team, and his ult is still fantastic.

As Zenyatta, i can be getting a pick per fight, stopping every blade with trans by beating their genji's ult charge rate, have my healing orb constantly on teammates and i'll still get accused of not healing, usually by the player who literally has had the orb on them as they took a dps duel against an unsupported soldier and still lost.

Whenever it happens I just mute chat and start vibin. Peace be upon you and eat deez balls, etc etc.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Another banger from Spilo

"The MOST MISUNDERSTOOD Heroes in OW2"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jSg9TxDCGo

I had no idea that it took 5 shots point blank to reinhardt's head to kill reinhardt as a reaper, wtf.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Reinhardt is, and always was kinda busted. I don't even try for the close headshots unless he's already almost dead. Better to get him to drop shields to swing at me or to present his back to my team. But realistically, I am shooting his supports, working with the assumption that one or two are immediately behind him. Then it's all hit and run and dart back in again until he's dead. Hopefully the team swarms him when he's isolated and he does the bashful thing and hides behind his shield instead of flailing us all to death. I hate the one tank, but it's a crazy super tank design philosophy. He was obnoxious enough before.

I've had better luck breaking him down with the likes of Cassidy, Hanzo, or even Tracer of all people. Echo is good if he's below half health. In the old days, if he charged my Mercy and missed, her gun could cut him down before he could recover from hitting a wall.

I will say, it is very satisfying seeing Reinhardt melt in 2-3 seconds of sustained fire from Baptiste through his own ult. If there was one thing I wish I were better at.....

I don't think the game should make another DPS for a while, but if they do, I would be thrilled if they had a justification to somehow gently caress with armored foes. Armor is stupidly good in this game. Reinhardt and Orisa may as well be invincible with continuous healing.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 11, 2022

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
He shot Rhine from too far, and he shot rhine in the head, but he didn't shoot rhine up close in the body, which is the right way to do it?

His Diva point, I dunno, I'm in bronze and I see Divas dive constantly. I don't think this poo poo is as true as he's saying.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Yeah, go for the meat. Land all the shots. You'll kill him, but you're vulnerable to flailing. Now, if you can get in without ghosting, you can work him.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I think the point was you don’t wanna 1v1 Rein with Reaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Jack B Nimble posted:

He shot Rhine from too far, and he shot rhine in the head, but he didn't shoot rhine up close in the body, which is the right way to do it?

His Diva point, I dunno, I'm in bronze and I see Divas dive constantly. I don't think this poo poo is as true as he's saying.

I’m in gold and whenever I quick play I always see D.Va players frontline like that.

What’s Reaper’s fall off range?