Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

while I appreciate the balls on insulin guy, impersonating the United States government is very, VERY illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doctor Butts posted:

This was deleted, anyone get a screenshot?

no screenshot but the gist was

"the media keeps writing about the downfall of twitter but it's just driving more people to twitter to check out what's going on so actually it's a good thing!"

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/justinboldaji/status/1591156626605887488?t=M4zJrvjHLrEZJgZayDkXyA&s=19

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Doctor Butts posted:

This was deleted, anyone get a screenshot?

What a coward

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Enigma89 posted:

With IPG out and now OMD then Twitter is in a bad spot. Desntu as far as i know has more performance clients which don't care as much for twitter. That leaves WPP or Publicis.

Is the Publicis in the room with us now?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

I'm seeing this get shared around. If you're not doing even a cursory Google of any information coming out of Twitter during this fiasco then what are you even doing.

Accubitus
Nov 7, 2020

I don't know if I would agree that Twitter is prioritizing "profits" right now...

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/rj_gallagher/status/1591147571996921856?s=46&t=iGnsq6xwbSNjgMNwFls_-w

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

should be able to pay $8 to prevent someone from deleting their tweets

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can tell how pathetic musk is because the JO crystal around his neck is completely uncharged in that photo. not even glowing a little bit.

the richest man on the planet and he doesn't even have a JO buddy. absolutely pathetic.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The only advice I can offer the current incarnation of twitter is to redirect the main page to a picture of FiestaCat.jpg in a broadcast Test Pattern with the words "PLEASE STAND BY" with a cartoon Elon Musk being chased by lawyers

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I love the "let that sink in" angle because it's like... Elon, they forced you to buy their company after you bluffed. The only one that needs to let anything sink in.. Is you. You're the butt of the joke.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

This is the kind of thing that seems perfect for a fake scam account. WTF is "House Judiciary GOP?" I'm guessing a front for the Republican members of the House Judiciary Committee, but it's vague enough while still seeming official that you could probably go a long time before anybody bothered to get it suspended.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Isn't this a FTC violation because they just violated the privacy of 7500+ ex-employees. A lot of whom are in California that has it;s own laws about that.

And there's no one at Twitter right now who can respond to the FTC.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

You've got to have poo poo for brains to work for this guy

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Isn't their communication team down to 1 person.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Anora posted:

The really disturbing thing about that insulin company is that those lost dollars are from investor confidence that the company could make money... from price gouging insulin.

Some laughs:

https://twitter.com/PoorlyAgedStuff/status/1591173926704455680

Not even a month.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-meme-kanye-donald-trump-three-musketeers-parler-2022-10

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

kw0134 posted:

We are legitimately in uncharted legal territory. Defamation might be in the cards for whoever created the account and tweeted out "we're assholes who shouldn't be charging for insulin," particularly since they used a handle that made it look official. Damages would be limited to the PR cleanup though, since stock prices recovered. But it's still a real harm.

But what about Twitter? We can get real deep in the weeds and can go into a bunch of statutory and common law implications, but I'm not sure this thread is ready for a legalese filled effort post. Suffice it to say there are problems for Twitter that could create precedent for years no matter who wins.

I'm always ready for a legalese filled post

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
elon musk is basically ted faro and gently caress ted faro

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Elon is going to learn about the joys of international employment law.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

He's (d)evolving into Trump. Needs to be just a bit longer and involve a weird derogatory nickname and it'll be indistinguishable from a Trump Truth.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Docjowles posted:

He's (d)evolving into Trump. Needs to be just a bit longer and involve a weird derogatory nickname and it'll be indistinguishable from a Trump Truth.

Trump would never delete a tweet unless he had an even more powerful tweet at the ready

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
https://twitter.com/barry/status/1591192207331139590

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The metamorphosis is not yet complete, but I agree he's heading that way.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Elon wishes he could post like Trump.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/eccobrutalism/status/1591127088970731520?s=46&t=iACmLTM9eVlm7Q7KGYF_rQ

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

“Dance, puppets muahaha”

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they fired half their staff, let's naively assume they only burn $2m/day instead of $4m now and earn $1m per month from blue. to reach the target of half their money coming from subscriptions instead of ads, they only need to increase the price of blue by 30x, so $240/mo, and keep all current subscribers and get all their advertisers back.

everyone doubted elon but you have to admit the plan is taking shape.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Up for 7 hours so far

https://twitter.com/bimimekheet/status/1591095812246732800?t=2MJ9p7qZP7yh5NWc42xM2g&s=19

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I suck at math but 1.1 million dollars, assuming they only get 70% of those 8 bucks because 30% goes to Apple (you can only buy it through the iOS app, right?)... that's 200 thousand subscriptions? I may be very wrong here.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Bad Purchase posted:

they fired half their staff, let's naively assume they only burn $2m/day instead of $4m now and earn $1m per month from blue. to reach the target of half their money coming from subscriptions instead of ads, they only need to increase the price of blue by 30x, so $240/mo, and keep all current subscribers and get all their advertisers back.

everyone doubted elon but you have to admit the plan is taking shape.

I don't know what you are talking about. With the widespread press coverage and discussions about the new service all over Twitter, they've been able to convert 0.03% of their user base! Everything is going great! Now they just need to increase that conversion rate by 1000x within the next month. No problem at all!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

ErrEff posted:

I suck at math but 1.1 million dollars, assuming they only get 70% of those 8 bucks because 30% goes to Apple (you can only buy it through the iOS app, right?)... that's 200 thousand subscriptions? I may be very wrong here.

The article says it's around 140,000 subscriptions, they're assuming the full $1.1 mil goes to Twitter.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

gay picnic defence posted:

The article says it's around 140,000 subscriptions, they're assuming the full $1.1 mil goes to Twitter.

there's also taxes and charge backs

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

ErrEff posted:

I... that's 200 thousand subscriptions? I may be very wrong here.

people just haven't realized what a great deal they're missing out on.

Half. The. Ads.

And you get the blue tick. You always wanted one of those right? Everybody wants them!
Under the old management those were reserved for so-called officials and important people representing brands and governments. Some stinky elitist club! But not anymore! Look at mr. VIP there. Blue tick! verified! BONA FIDE member of the blue tick society! Much better.

No?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

istewart posted:

This is the kind of thing that seems perfect for a fake scam account. WTF is "House Judiciary GOP?" I'm guessing a front for the Republican members of the House Judiciary Committee, but it's vague enough while still seeming official that you could probably go a long time before anybody bothered to get it suspended.

it's Jim Jordan's other Twitter account

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Absolutely none of those features like seeing less ads are even in effect right now they probably won't be until the new year if ever

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

HonorableTB posted:

elon musk is basically ted faro and gently caress ted faro

Ted Faro at least had the arc of ostensibly doing something good for the world once.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

gay picnic defence posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if in an act of desperation in the next week or two he just says "gently caress it!" and only allows people who have paid for the blue check mark to post at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Unperson_47 posted:

Absolutely none of those features like seeing less ads are even in effect right now they probably won't be until the new year if ever

The good news is that since all of the advertisers are bailing, everyone gets the feature for free!