Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

uXs posted:

I don't think I can do much with Debrii until I get Patriot at least, or with Electro until I get Zero (but I'm open to suggestions for pool 2 decks + those cards), and Black Cat seems unplayable (but same), but Daredevil seems like a top tier pull.

I just got Rockslide and was thinking along with Korg and Debris it would be cool to make a deck focused on filling up their deck with garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
If you can Psylocke out Rockslide on turn 3, it should be even rougher on their decks too.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

What are some ways to make black panther more than just an 8 power 6 drop. The other black panther characters are ok but not that reliable

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is there a way to play matches against people?

Like invites to specific people? Also, I just want to make sure I understand - theres a bronze/silver/gold etc ladder but there's also bot matches woven into these matches?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Ben Brode shares three of his own decks.
https://youtu.be/8BuB7mgpWNs

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Bread Set Jettison posted:

What are some ways to make black panther more than just an 8 power 6 drop. The other black panther characters are ok but not that reliable

Odin and Wong can boost him to 5/16, or the other wakanda cards will buff him in hand

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

uXs posted:

I don't think I can do much with Debrii until I get Patriot at least, or with Electro until I get Zero (but I'm open to suggestions for pool 2 decks + those cards), and Black Cat seems unplayable (but same), but Daredevil seems like a top tier pull.

Debrii is definitely a solid add to standard Kazoo decks if you enjoy playing them/can avoid Killmonger saying goodbye to your little friends, since she's a more solid body than Squirrel Girl and throws in some clog-your-opponent lanes fun too.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

HebrewMagic posted:

This deck loving rules dude

Thanks! Played it a ton more yesterday and did some tweaking:

code:

# (1) Nova
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Storm
# (3) Groot
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Vision
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3Jvb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJGb3JnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Replaced Hobgoblin with Vision after getting him: the flexibility is nice, especially because you can move him into Storm's flooded lane. And I wasn't getting much mileage out of Mr Fantastic so I'm trying other 2/3 drops. Forge has been good so far, Forge into Storm or Professor are nice for setting up a closed lane.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Bread Set Jettison posted:

On an empty lane when both your other lanes have 2 spaces or more free use Wong, Black Panther then Arnim Zola. BP should double to 8 then 16 from Wong, then Arnim Zola should destroy him and Wong and dupe them in both lanes which depending on the order it happens should double him again to either 32 or 64 depending on if swing triggers first and do so in both the other lanes. If you get the cards for it dropping 32/64 in two lanes simultaneously we on t6 is very likely a win.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Is there a way to play matches against people?

Like invites to specific people? Also, I just want to make sure I understand - theres a bronze/silver/gold etc ladder but there's also bot matches woven into these matches?

There isn't yet, no. That's coming in an update later.

There are bot matches throughout, yeah. It's only sort of a ladder, in that once you hit 100 and make Infinite you don't go back down.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha oh you play julibee into infinaut and then hulk in the same lane? Ill just over power you.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

parasyte posted:

There are bot matches throughout, yeah. It's only sort of a ladder, in that once you hit 100 and make Infinite you don't go back down.

people at infinite drop to 70 with the newest season pass

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I'm missing Death so I can't put the big meta deck together yet, but I pulled Deadpool and I'm having a lot of fun with him and Sabretooth along with the ok' reliable Devil Dino/Moon Girl package

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Don't mind me just a dabbler who just started the other day, popping in to complain there's a typo and that the land that destroys cards 25% of the time should read 95% for your cards. I don't think I've had a card survive there yet.

Game is fun and makes me feel like a strategical genius when I win by using the land that lets you move people there on turn 6 to move people there on turn 6 while my opponent windmill slams hulk into the spot I'm vacating that we'd fought over all game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

bagrada posted:

Don't mind me just a dabbler who just started the other day, popping in to complain there's a typo and that the land that destroys cards 25% of the time should read 95% for your cards. I don't think I've had a card survive there yet.

Game is fun and makes me feel like a strategical genius when I win by using the land that lets you move people there on turn 6 to move people there on turn 6 while my opponent windmill slams hulk into the spot I'm vacating that we'd fought over all game.

Try playing Bucky or Nova there, they never get destroyed

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

goferchan posted:

I'm missing Death so I can't put the big meta deck together yet, but I pulled Deadpool and I'm having a lot of fun with him and Sabretooth along with the ok' reliable Devil Dino/Moon Girl package

Venom is Pool 3 so you got a lucky pull there, too.

I eventually dropped Sabretooth. He wasn't bad (using the same general type of deck as you) but I felt that other things did better lifting. I guess I felt that I could not buff him enough in time to really make the "replay for 0 cost" count by turn 6.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Basic strategy question from an iron rank dumb dumb: do y'all sort of let the opponent commit to a lane you haven't committed to yet and just never play any cards on it, planning to win the other two? I do, and I almost always get the satisfaction of seeing the opponent "waste" two or even three cards while I develop leads on the other two regions.

But I'm seeing screenshots ITT of three contested regions, so I'm doubting myself.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

Basic strategy question from an iron rank dumb dumb: do y'all sort of let the opponent commit to a lane you haven't committed to yet and just never play any cards on it, planning to win the other two? I do, and I almost always get the satisfaction of seeing the opponent "waste" two or even three cards while I develop leads on the other two regions.

But I'm seeing screenshots ITT of three contested regions, so I'm doubting myself.

Depends entirely on what kind of deck you're running; some are built to go wide and some are built to go tall. The most important thing is to have a plan, and to try to keep your opponent from knowing your plan for as long as possible. How you do that varies a lot depending on what deck you're running, what you draw, what the zones are, and what your opponent's playing.

Like for example, sometimes I play Storm on a lane I'm trying to lock down for the win. I throw her down and follow up with Jessica Jones or a Guardian. But sometimes the way the game is going, I'm abandoning that zone, so the Storm is a feint to try to bait my opponent into over commiting to a lane I'm already giving up. I play her there and then next turn build up another zone.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

best self inflicted instant retreat play ive had in a bit

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is there any interesting, off meta decks I can make with pool 1+ shang chi and morbius (my only pool 2 unlocks)?

I been mostly playing a random zoo deck with kazar and blue marvel I found online.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

# (1) Yondu
# (2) Cable
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Sandman
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FibGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY2FybGV0V2l0Y2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhbmRtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25NYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktsYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9uc2xhdWdodCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWW9uZHUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Started running this deck yesterday. It seems to be exceptionally annoying to other players. Just absolutely rear end in a top hat plays for almost every move.

I didn't get a screenshot but I used it for probably my most annoying win. Board had Onslaught's Throne and Mojo World (I forget the third lane). Turn three they snap. T4 I drop sandman on mojo to go up three cards to none there. I think they wrote it off at that point and started pushing throne. I wish I could've seen their face when I went iron man to onslaught there.

If anyone has suggestions for more rear end in a top hat plays on that deck, I'm definitely open. I want to swap Yondu out for Iceman when I get him but otherwise, very open.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Agent 13ed up a Juggernaut and got to play Storm into Juggernaut. That was fun!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Absolutely you do.

However, it's going to fall off in effectiveness as you pool up and face cards with bigger swings and opponents with more skill, to say nothing of the Move archetype, where your opponent will suddenly pick up those "wasted" cards and move them to take over someplace you thought was safe. Feel free to keep rolling with it until it stops working, and even in pool 3, there are absolutely games where I'll just write off a location early on and fight for the other two. Learning when you should do that and when you should be putting pressure everywhere, as well as the mind games to make sure your opponent can't tell that you've abandoned a location, is all stuff you'll pick up over time.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
From other experience: completely abandoning one "surface area" early is usually a bad idea. In that it restricts your future options and telegraphs to your opponent what you're planning to do. I assume that applies in snap too.

It's not a rule to never break or literally "play a card in all 3 lanes"

Also I'll be damned that snapping or retreating make lattering feel so much less painful. I feel just as good noping out of a bad endgame as I do when I win.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I've been getting majorly dunked on today, can't seem to string together a solid line at all, with the same deck I was kicking a bit of rear end a day or two ago, at similar ranks.

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Sabretooth
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbHZlcmluZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FicmV0b290aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGhsb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifV19
#

My idea is to disrupt and get some points going via the Destroy cards, but it always seems to lack that little bit of punch. I'm at CL466, so right on the tail end of Pool 2, start of Pool 3, which is a little awkward I suppose. Any deck ideas that would work around these levels?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Xguard86 posted:

From other experience: completely abandoning one "surface area" early is usually a bad idea. In that it restricts your future options and telegraphs to your opponent what you're planning to do. I assume that applies in snap too.

It's not a rule to never break or literally "play a card in all 3 lanes"

Also I'll be damned that snapping or retreating make lattering feel so much less painful. I feel just as good noping out of a bad endgame as I do when I win.

Unless you're Heimdall and you bait the opponent into the right lane just to move away

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Xguard86 posted:

They should play the victory music when you escape.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

cirus posted:

Unless you're Heimdall and you bait the opponent into the right lane just to move away

That's not bait, that's how the deck works. Bait is convincing him to overcommit to left or mid and then not playing Heimdall.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Serperoth posted:

I've been getting majorly dunked on today, can't seem to string together a solid line at all, with the same deck I was kicking a bit of rear end a day or two ago, at similar ranks.

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Sabretooth
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbHZlcmluZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FicmV0b290aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGhsb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifV19
#

My idea is to disrupt and get some points going via the Destroy cards, but it always seems to lack that little bit of punch. I'm at CL466, so right on the tail end of Pool 2, start of Pool 3, which is a little awkward I suppose. Any deck ideas that would work around these levels?

Hobgoblin is fun but I ditched him in my Storm/Professor X deck, closing off zones and funneling our cards into fewer locations made it less safe to play him without risking the opponent filling their side and leaving me stuck with him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What about... Hobgoblin namor. (CL450 and still havent gotten hob otherwise I would try it)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Thanks! Played it a ton more yesterday and did some tweaking:

code:
# (1) Nova
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Storm
# (3) Groot
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Vision
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3Jvb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJGb3JnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9XX0=
#
Replaced Hobgoblin with Vision after getting him: the flexibility is nice, especially because you can move him into Storm's flooded lane. And I wasn't getting much mileage out of Mr Fantastic so I'm trying other 2/3 drops. Forge has been good so far, Forge into Storm or Professor are nice for setting up a closed lane.

I stole this deck, but I replaced Vision with Klaw. It's been amazing for bailing me out when I Professor X at a location and my opponent plays there at the same time to go up by 5 or less. I've gotten so many eight cube games from overconfident snaps.

Edit:. I also replaced Forge with Mister Fantastic for additional "I got locked out by my own Storm/Xavier" safety.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 11, 2022

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
My only gripe for credits is I wish you can grind for some, but be small. 5 credits per game, 10 if you win the game. Allows me to still work to increasem y rank but also not be stalled on increasing my CL.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Waffleopolis posted:

My only gripe for credits is I wish you can grind for some, but be small. 5 credits per game, 10 if you win the game. Allows me to still work to increasem y rank but also not be stalled on increasing my CL.
That's not small....

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I just wish the game would remember my "don't show all variants" setting and not give notifications for updating stuff that isn't set to favorite.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Waffleopolis posted:

You sort of can - you still get season pass progress per match, even without dailies/season quests. The 50+ boxes then can reward credits.

It's deep in randomisation though.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Theswarms posted:

You sort of can - you still get season pass progress per match, even without dailies/season quests. The 50+ boxes then can reward credits.

It's deep in randomisation though.

Back-of-envelope math says you have an expected value of about 32 credits per Season Cache (25% chance of 50, 10% chance of 100, 5% chance of 200) . You get 10 XP for a location you've won, and 1 XP per turn played, intuition suggests maybe 25 per game with enough variance I couldn't really guess more accurately than that. Anyway that'd average 40 games for 32 credits. It's a hell of a grind once you're out of gold and missions, and the variance involved in the caches means you might go a long time without any credits.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I learned today that if you don't have any 1 drops left in your deck, the location that draws a 1 drop draws whatever card it wants.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Tender Bender posted:

Been trying out a Control-y deck and having fun

# (1) Nova
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Storm
# (3) Groot
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkdhbW9yYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3Jvb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9XX0=
#

The idea is to shut down a zone or two and dictate the pace of the game. Storm is versatile and pressures them to commit to a zone. Lizard works well with Shuri's lab or as a T2 setup to Storm. The Guardians are there because you're making situations where you likely know where the opponent will be playing; Storm into a Guardian or Jessica can be strong. The dream is Storm t4 into Professor X t5 while they're responding to Storm, into Gamora t6 in the last open lane.

Nova/Carnage/Killmonger are there because the Deck was coming together low on one drops so I decided to go all-in so Killmonger could clear out Zoo decks. Popping nova can boost your closed off lanes. Hobgoblin is just fun, but Klaw probably fits the deck better tbh.

This deck is pretty amazing, it's getting me unstuck. Thanks!

Had a funny situation too when we both X'd unto the 3rd lane which was still hidden and it turned out to be the Sanctum Sanctorum.

Nikumatic posted:

Debrii is definitely a solid add to standard Kazoo decks if you enjoy playing them/can avoid Killmonger saying goodbye to your little friends, since she's a more solid body than Squirrel Girl and throws in some clog-your-opponent lanes fun too.

I don't usually like Kazoo but I should probably try playing them anyway, so I'm going to have a go, thnx!

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

parasyte posted:

Back-of-envelope math says you have an expected value of about 32 credits per Season Cache (25% chance of 50, 10% chance of 100, 5% chance of 200) . You get 10 XP for a location you've won, and 1 XP per turn played, intuition suggests maybe 25 per game with enough variance I couldn't really guess more accurately than that. Anyway that'd average 40 games for 32 credits. It's a hell of a grind once you're out of gold and missions, and the variance involved in the caches means you might go a long time without any credits.

I expected it would be a bad return, thanks for doing the math on it! Technically you are also getting other rewards, but even then thats so slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
So dark dimension just treats the cards like they’re in stasis, I had thought dropping a jessica jones there and not playing a card next turn she would double but no.. now I know!