Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Reading right now that apparently he's verifying Neo Nazis and transphobic homophobic organizations as well.

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-twitter-verify-richard-spencer-jason-kessler-1849773076

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kw0134 posted:

Alrighty then.

i want to say that i read this, thanks for writing this up. i hope this ends up with elon eating a lot of poo poo over this. i am betting someone on his product team tried to explain how giving a verification badge to anyone is a bad idea and he overrode their concerns.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

goatface posted:

He doesn't seem to understand the difference between inventing a thing and selling the patent.

If he acknowledged that ownership isn't inventing then he wouldn't be the inventor of paypal, spacex, electric cars and now twitter

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Private Cumshoe posted:

yeah terribly good

i know. it's wonderfully terribly good. amazingly so.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/SStapczynski/status/1591211220799217664

Nice job

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

If he acknowledged that ownership isn't inventing then he wouldn't be the inventor of paypal, spacex, electric cars and now twitter

An excellent point.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

44 billion sure buys a shitload of content.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Hollismason posted:

Reading right now that apparently he's verifying Neo Nazis and transphobic homophobic organizations as well.

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-twitter-verify-richard-spencer-jason-kessler-1849773076

He isn't verifying anyone. There is no verification process anymore. The only check is if your credit card goes through. Musk is indirectly to blame for transphobes and homophobes being able to get the now useless checkmark, but he's not personally verifying them.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

He should be banished to the netherrealms for a basic failure of intellectual property comprehension.

actually,,he should be kept around as long as possible so his gently caress ups keep ruining billion dollar companies

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

What a piece of poo poo lol

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Hollismason posted:

Any estimates on exactly how much money was lost by the tweet that crashed the insulin company?

No actual money was really lost by the company, their stock price just dipped a bit and will inevitably rebound.
Also, always remember the chart when people post graphs that show a stock 'crashing':

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

sure okay posted:

What a piece of poo poo lol

His reading comprehension is embarrassingly poor

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Why is he an "Umm, ACKSHULLY" guy? He owns the site why is he doing this?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Lol I wondered what was going on o have lng stock rear end in a top hat cost me a few hundred bucks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Someone needs to tweet the rock saying “shut up, bitch!” At him

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Guze posted:

Why is he an "Umm, ACKSHULLY" guy? He owns the site why is he doing this?

He can’t log off.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Pussy Quipped posted:

He can’t log off.

He can, its logging back in thats the problem.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Pussy Quipped posted:

He can’t log off.

There's a bomb on the Twitter. If he drops below 50 tweets a day it explodes.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Please don't write that I was mad

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/MarkJacob16/status/1591085432439451648

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol he's riding the same phenomenon that made Trump so "interesting" and "memeable"; being a complete loving Rodeo Clown sized failure to a point where it's unavoidble and people can't shut the gently caress up about him. A "Bad press is still press" golem.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Egon musk smells like poo poo

lol

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I like corporations feeling the bite of the post-truth era. It's a big spoonful of medicine that should lead to a societal desire to demand more transparency of products and how they can be legally advertised.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591208055257337856

Hope everyone's got your official comedian papers lined up and ready

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
How does someone even have the energy to post 50+ times per day on Twitter? I understand the urge to talk mad poo poo over the most unimportant things possible, but I can't imagine devoting an entire day's worth of mental effort to ruminate on this one topic and livepost about it for 12 hours. The last time I tried to tweet passionately about a subject I got maybe four tweets out before I got distracted because an old friend saw me shitposting and wanted to catch up with me. Is that the difference? Friendship?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
musk’s “fact check” on bernie isn’t even right, bernie never said it was invented in 1921, he just said when the patent was sold

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hardawn posted:

I like corporations feeling the bite of the post-truth era. It's a big spoonful of medicine that should lead to a societal desire to demand more transparency of products and how they can be legally advertised.

I'm sure they will all get right on that, and not just, say, sue the people loving with them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MiracleFlare posted:

How does someone even have the energy to post 50+ times per day on Twitter? I understand the urge to talk mad poo poo over the most unimportant things possible, but I can't imagine devoting an entire day's worth of mental effort to ruminate on this one topic and livepost about it for 12 hours. The last time I tried to tweet passionately about a subject I got maybe four tweets out before I got distracted because an old friend saw me shitposting and wanted to catch up with me. Is that the difference? Friendship?

Cocaine and adderall

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

Cocaine and adderall

just clicked "last post" and was not disappointed

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Did Musk think that Twitter would welcome him as a liberator, a la the Russians going into Ukraine? And now is hurt and angry that he wasn't received with open arms and everyone just nodding along and doing what he imagined they would do?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591208055257337856

Hope everyone's got your official comedian papers lined up and ready

If only there was a way to verify which accounts really were who they say they are.

Something easily visible perhaps.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Did Musk think that Twitter would welcome him as a liberator, a la the Russians going into Ukraine?

With this analogy? Yes, yes I think he did

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Elon you're looking at this the wrong way. A guy tweeted something that cost Eli Lilly $16 billion, what if they paid you $15 billion to not let him tweet it? You've just tripled twitter's yearly revenue!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Did Musk think that Twitter would welcome him as a liberator, a la the Russians going into Ukraine? And now is hurt and angry that he wasn't received with open arms and everyone just nodding along and doing what he imagined they would do?

Elon's experience with Twitter prior to buying it was probably pretty limited to techbros and cryptobros sucking his rear end in a top hat. He wasn't prepared to deal with everyone just clowning on him

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
It is so goddam funny to me that someone was so butthurt that a website made fun of them they spent $44 billion dollars to buy it then run it into the ground.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

kazil posted:

Elon's experience with Twitter prior to buying it was probably pretty limited to techbros and cryptobros sucking his rear end in a top hat. He wasn't prepared to deal with everyone just clowning on him

That's pretty much the impression I have. Which suggests he is an even more vapid, self-absorbed nincompoop than I already made him out to be.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
don't take a week or two to change thing from the inside. Just burn it to the ground!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's pretty much the impression I have. Which suggests he is an even more vapid, self-absorbed nincompoop than I already made him out to be.

But He is the genius who is going to take us to mars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Didn’t he make the announcement that he was going to try and buy Twitter on 4/20 while baked out of his gourd or am I misremembering?