Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Oh! 1,800 new plots per world (all lottery) coming in 6.3 too. Details on fc vs private numbers to come later on a lodestone post

I believe this should be more than enough to handle everyone that currently wants a house, as well as have some overflow for future players who'd like to buy in, especially with the addition of the new NA DC. When I did my Ishgard housing survey on Gilgamesh during the last chance saloon (when they opened up the FC-only districts to players), there were about 624 bidders for 247 plots, which is around 377 people who wanted a house but couldn't get one. Even tripling that number still leaves you with a good amount of wiggle room with 1,800 new plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I too want to believe.

Sorry, this endless line of lottery losses has really ground me down. It is fantastic news.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It'll depend on the fc/personal division, but yeah, it seemed like a pretty big number.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Doomykins posted:

I too want to believe.

Sorry, this endless line of lottery losses has really ground me down. It is fantastic news.

Same! But yeah I have hope

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I missed the liveletter, am I hearing right that after planning to overhaul AST and DRG and then backing off doing it mid-expansion they've decided to overhaul PLD instead?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Bruceski posted:

I missed the liveletter, am I hearing right that after planning to overhaul AST and DRG and then backing off doing it mid-expansion they've decided to overhaul PLD instead?
That's right, no large scale changes are planned for any jobs in PvE/PvP except that they're going to revamp Paladin's rotation and change some actions.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Vermain posted:

I believe this should be more than enough to handle everyone that currently wants a house, as well as have some overflow for future players who'd like to buy in, especially with the addition of the new NA DC. When I did my Ishgard housing survey on Gilgamesh during the last chance saloon (when they opened up the FC-only districts to players), there were about 624 bidders for 247 plots, which is around 377 people who wanted a house but couldn't get one. Even tripling that number still leaves you with a good amount of wiggle room with 1,800 new plots.

Yeah, I might go all in on a large or even just a medium on the first round. While I like my small, having decorated it a bunch I have new ideas on how to ruin my personal living space that nobody will ever see. :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DelphiAegis posted:

Yeah, I might go all in on a large or even just a medium on the first round. While I like my small, having decorated it a bunch I have new ideas on how to ruin my personal living space that nobody will ever see. :v:

I'd love to upgrade but I'm kinda committed to the corner I'm in because we've got a community there. Instead I'm psychically willing the FC that has a medium next door to move out.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
hope we get a new Moogle... event thing, at some point

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hogama posted:

Interestingly, the samurai armor that was datamined way back in 6.0 will be something that can finally match the helmets we get every year for Heavensturn!

Between this and the trenchcoat outfit from the variant dungeon samurai have all their bases covered.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

is it actually samurai plate, though, and not just another robe?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vermain posted:

It should, with theboutliers of the RP worlds and all their neighbors. Crystal is kinda the extreme edge case for housing, because it has a lot of a largely undiscussed field of 'people who want a roleplaying venue'.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Um, housing, is good actually.

And all it took was moving to a new DC!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Zeruel posted:

hope we get a new Moogle... event thing, at some point

They do a moogle tomestone event (if that's what you're talking about) to cover the downtime just before a new patch. They usually last about a month, give or take a week or two (barring delays), so I'd expect one to pop up towards the end of this month or start of December.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

hexwren posted:

is it actually samurai plate, though, and not just another robe?
Here's it modeled on a lady roegadyn.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

Hogama posted:

That is a sweet haori with that armor and more SAM armor needs to include them.

Also include some of the ridiculous helmets that Nioh told me some samurai wore during the era.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

But when will bunnies and catdads be able to wear hats?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

But when will bunnies and catdads be able to wear hats?

My understanding is that, at this point, it'd require re-architecturing how they actually store and display Viera/Hrothgar models, and that's not even getting into the dev time needed to go back and model the entire backlog of hats and helmets for them. My guess is that 7.0 will involve a lot of under-the-hood tweaking to ensure that the client can last another decade of expansion without buckling under its own weight, so you might start seeing something then, but I wouldn't hold out any hope of extensive bunny hats until maybe the middle of 7.X at the earliest.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

In the meantime there's a mod over at nexus that apparently already covers a ton of hats

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Vermain posted:

My understanding is that, at this point, it'd require re-architecturing how they actually store and display Viera/Hrothgar models, and that's not even getting into the dev time needed to go back and model the entire backlog of hats and helmets for them. My guess is that 7.0 will involve a lot of under-the-hood tweaking to ensure that the client can last another decade of expansion without buckling under its own weight, so you might start seeing something then, but I wouldn't hold out any hope of extensive bunny hats until maybe the middle of 7.X at the earliest.

Honestly I suspect given they're already going over all the old art assets for the texture update thing that they'll also look into Hrothgar and Viera hats. Since they're updating the hats for every other race at that rime anyway.

Which yes, 7.0/7.x.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

gonna lol pretty hard when 7.0 comes out and there's still a decent selection of hats (including some of whatever new job AF there is) that the new races can't wear

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

To make Viera and Hroths wear hats you literally just need to hit the “yes Viera/yes Hroths” button in the metadata.

What the very good Viera hat mod does is create hat chops for Viera and Horth hair so their hair doesn’t clip. The modder also goes above what current SE does for Miqo’te and adds modeled ear holes for Viera.

SE could literally just add hair chops and hit the switches, it’s just that the ears would clip. Honestly, I’d take clipping ears.

The point is, there’s nothing actually under the hood in the way, at least for Viera, it’s just that SE thinks people would think the clipping is obvious and ugly.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

hopeandjoy posted:

To make Viera and Hroths wear hats you literally just need to hit the “yes Viera/yes Hroths” button in the metadata.

What the very good Viera hat mod does is create hat chops for Viera and Horth hair so their hair doesn’t clip. The modder also goes above what current SE does for Miqo’te and adds modeled ear holes for Viera.

SE could literally just add hair chops and hit the switches, it’s just that the ears would clip. Honestly, I’d take clipping ears.

The point is, there’s nothing actually under the hood in the way, at least for Viera, it’s just that SE thinks people would think the clipping is obvious and ugly.

so what you're saying is that there's nothing stopping them except the clipping would be ugly and it'd require them to go through all the models to make them look better

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Isn't this also why Male Viera lost the hunched-over stance they had when first announced, because it clipped with everything?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there a summary of the live letter stuff?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Question.

What the hell am I mining off the seafloor that goes in tea?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

High Tea Ingredients, clearly.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there a summary of the live letter stuff?
Nova Crystallis has one, though I'm sure there are others as well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

The Gold Saucer will get a new course added for the ‘Leap of Faith’ mini-game.

Woah

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:hmmyes:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hogama posted:

yes, perfect

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dareon posted:

Question.

What the hell am I mining off the seafloor that goes in tea?

as the quest explains "high tea" is not just the drink, but the whole meal. so it could be like.............. sea salt or fish or coral or something......... coral syrup

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
A major problem with the dramatic tension in Stormblood is that Zenos is clearly the absolute final boss of the expansion, we've had no indication of a power behind the throne or an ambitious second-in-command who could take over and be the final boss, and we're only at level 63 in the story so there's no way we're killing him here.

Grynewaht, now, that's how you do an "oh hey, it's this guy again" fight. Beat his rear end and he comes back stronger.

I've just reached the Azim Steppe, and I'm betting there's going to be two more Grynewaht fights and another Zenos before we actually beat Stormblood. Mostly because Grynewaht doesn't yet look like the wind-up version I bought off the MB yet, so he's obviously gotta lose at least once more and then get augmented for his failure.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The new deep dungeon still requiring PotD level 50 might be an issue. That content is completely dead right now. Are more people expected to run palace now that the new deep dungeon is coming out?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The new deep dungeon still requiring PotD level 50 might be an issue. That content is completely dead right now. Are more people expected to run palace now that the new deep dungeon is coming out?

A friend and I ran someone through PotD 1 to 50 the other day and it was no issue. Even with only a single person to hold your hand and explain the basics of things (how to move, what to look out for, what pomanders actually do and if you should care) it should be a breeze. And solo'ing's not that difficult either if you just get the advice before hand. I didn't even have my job stone yet as MRD.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

With it being a requirement for a new thing, it'll be easy enough to get a PF together to do it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Every time new content comes out that requires old content that's not in the MSQ, it usually gets more popular, like the Ivalice alliance raids after Bozja came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Ibblebibble posted:

Every time new content comes out that requires old content that's not in the MSQ, it usually gets more popular, like the Ivalice alliance raids after Bozja came out.

In fact a lot of the times that's kind of the point. Bozja allowing progress via a lot of generally kinda stagnant old content allowed those raids to get a lot more play.