Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The "show yourself, coward!" tweet should be the last thing posted to Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The "show yourself, coward!" tweet should be the last thing posted to Twitter.

u mis spelled the goatman's ring cleaning method

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I appreciate you all, this thread is a shining light in an otherwise eh week :synthy:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Is there a graph or something to show how often this guy tweets at what times of day. I wanna know how little sleep he’s getting

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

kw0134 posted:

Alrighty then.

[Twitter is legally hosed in new & exciting ways]

this was really interesting! thank you!

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
buddy, they wont even let me gently caress the check mark

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
between the attempted us foreign policy interference he was doing with taiwan & ukraine earlier this year and the starlink fit he threw, combined with his new negligence with costing lockmart investors a shitton of money, i feel like the DoD/MIC is simply waiting until they don't need starlink to turbofuck musk. i mean I'm not the pentagon, but if i were, I'd be pissed as hell at him right now and wanting to make an example out of that kind of behavior

especially if he's already given up operational control of spacex entirely to shotwell and probably gonna get hit in the money by the FTC doing all this dumb poo poo, it's like, why not?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

FirstnameLastname posted:

between the attempted us foreign policy interference he was doing with taiwan & ukraine earlier this year and the starlink fit he threw, combined with his new negligence with costing lockmart investors a shitton of money, i feel like the DoD/MIC is simply waiting until they don't need starlink to turbofuck musk. i mean I'm not the pentagon, but if i were, I'd be pissed as hell at him right now and wanting to make an example out of that kind of behavior

especially if he's already given up operational control of spacex entirely to shotwell and probably gonna get hit in the money by the FTC doing all this dumb poo poo, it's like, why not?

I always had a feeling SpaceX was going to be a big part of his undoing because of the nature of the work they do vs. the nature of Elon Musk, and the MIC does not like him.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

I always had a feeling SpaceX was going to be a big part of his undoing because of the nature of the work they do vs. the nature of Elon Musk, and the MIC does not like him.

Elon is a charlatan. There is no mission to mars

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

people would have let elon murder countless people in space and never looked twice. this was pretty much the only way he could eat poo poo

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

I appreciate you all, this thread is a shining light in an otherwise eh week :synthy:

Weird, this is one of the best weeks I've had in a really long time. The GOP are going knives out on each other, crypto markets are imploding, and Elon is tanking Twitter and Tesla all at the same time.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

every one of musk's exploded rockets had a person in it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Unperson_47 posted:

every one of musk's exploded rockets had a person in it

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

MrQwerty posted:

Remember how mad they got about him smoking weed with the security clearances he's got?

dicking the DoD around on contracts for an essential strategic asset and tryna to use it as leverage to undermine foreign policy positions, and implicitly publicly threatening to hamstring a strategic ally engaged in the middle of the most geopolitically important conflict since the Korean War yeah that's prolly gonna piss some people off

loving over your direct competition for the manned & unmanned space industry when they've got way deeper connections than you probably gonna have some important people pretty upset too

he is hosed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ziv Zulander posted:

Is there a graph or something to show how often this guy tweets at what times of day. I wanna know how little sleep he’s getting

It was posted while ago

He basically tweets all the time since 2019 or so

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

FirstnameLastname posted:

Remember how mad they got about him smoking weed with the security clearances he's got?

dicking the DoD around on contracts for an essential strategic asset and tryna to use it as leverage to undermine foreign policy positions, and implicitly publicly threatening to hamstring a strategic ally engaged in the middle of the most geopolitically important conflict since the Korean War yeah that's prolly gonna piss some people off

loving over your direct competition for the manned & unmanned space industry when they've got way deeper connections than you probably gonna have some important people pretty upset too

he is hosed

lmao I remember when my dad told me I was gonna get his security clearance revoked when he caught me smoking weed when I was 19, oh I know all about the rocket industry in general and, specifically, their abject hatred for him.

Once he started loving with Starlink after talking to Putin on the phone I had a feeling that things were going to start happening on the DoD/MIC front.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

euphronius posted:

It was posted while ago

He basically tweets all the time since 2019 or so

So just like Trump?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

That DICK! posted:

people would have let elon murder countless people in space and never looked twice. this was pretty much the only way he could eat poo poo

Nah, they wouldn't, killing civilians would endanger the private commercial space industry, the govt. wouldn't let that fly

and astronauts are expensive-rear end investments and they have Great job security - you ever hear about astronauts learning how to code? they ain't gonna work for a spaceflight program that's sending them up on deathtraps in the modern era of most people going up coming back down alive

starship having no true launch escape system or way to recover from a catastrophic propulsion -or- control surface -or- staging failure, at any point in a flight, without losing everyone on board, is still a disaster waiting to happen though

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Starship is a keep Elon busy so he stops loving around with real poo poo that's actually serious program imo

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/1591257628281569280

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MrQwerty posted:

Starship is a keep Elon busy so he stops loving around with real poo poo that's actually serious program imo

Much like Twitter

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nothing would make me happier than seeing Elmo truly eat poo poo in a public way and then get ratholed into poverty/misery for the remainder of his fuckass life, but I also don't think I've ever actually seen such a thing happen

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

MrQwerty posted:

lmao I remember when my dad told me I was gonna get his security clearance revoked when he caught me smoking weed when I was 19, oh I know all about the rocket industry in general and, specifically, their abject hatred for him.

Once he started loving with Starlink after talking to Putin on the phone I had a feeling that things were going to start happening on the DoD/MIC front.

Dod explicitly told us not to gently caress with weed even if it was legal in our state because it was still illegal federally and it would gently caress up our clearances. Just like everything else rules for the normal folks but not the elites.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I think literally everything Elon has done this year has been the wrong thing. That's pretty impressive at least

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Two wrongs don't make a right, but Elon Musk doing everything wrong does self destruct Twitter and that's gotta count for something

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Regrettable posted:

Weird, this is one of the best weeks I've had in a really long time. The GOP are going knives out on each other, crypto markets are imploding, and Elon is tanking Twitter and Tesla all at the same time.

Ah, true, I kind of mentally group all of those threads together since they kind of have the same flavor and I assume we all have them bookmarked. For clarity's sake, the eh week was referring purely to personal life stuff that doesn't matter in this thread, it wasn't a stealth chud remark

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
If these twitter account impersonations of business are having real time effects on company stocks along with any other economic damage at what point would the Feds step in and shut this poo poo show down? Can they take away the matches from this idiot man child that is Elon Musk?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

kazil posted:

Elon's experience with Twitter prior to buying it was probably pretty limited to techbros and cryptobros sucking his rear end in a top hat. He wasn't prepared to deal with everyone just clowning on him

This is also the first company he bought where he believed he doesn't need to hire specialized experts (who cover for his incompetence). He believes himself a master programmer when he has skills that are almost certainly below that of an average entry level programmer. Nobody is in a position to say no to him.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 12, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Liquid Chicken posted:

If these twitter account impersonations of business are having real time effects on company stocks along with any other economic damage at what point would the Feds step in and shut this poo poo show down? Can they take away the matches from this idiot man child that is Elon Musk?

Just wait until som one gets assassinated based on one of these bullshit Twitter fakes doing the do.

Elon has turned the platform into something awful but with 10 people modding the entire thing.

How many loving mode IKs and admins are there anyyway? I feel like it must be in the 100 at least or mid 60s?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maybe Elon was already taken out by the men in black but someone is impersonating him on Twitter so well that the 10 moderators left just haven't noticed

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Just wait until som one gets assassinated based on one of these bullshit Twitter fakes doing the do.

Elon has turned the platform into something awful but with 10 people modding the entire thing.

How many loving mode IKs and admins are there anyyway? I feel like it must be in the 100 at least or mid 60s?

People have probably already been killed because of Twitter. That's not new.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Probably close to 60 yeah - I don't have a precise number but there's a decent amount, about roughly equal IKs and mods and seven (I think) admins, and astral but he doesn't admin at all and if you get something on your rapsheet from him it's a Paul Hollywood Handshake/Val Garland "Ding Ding Dong" kind of rarity

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Maybe Elon was already taken out by the men in black but someone is impersonating him on Twitter so well that the 10 moderators left just haven't noticed

if they have ten bux they can impersonate him

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

if they have ten bux they can impersonate him

what a round about world we have been in

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Probably close to 60 yeah - I don't have a precise number but there's a decent amount, about roughly equal IKs and mods and seven (I think) admins, and astral but he doesn't admin at all and if you get something on your rapsheet from him it's a Paul Hollywood Handshake/Val Garland "Ding Ding Dong" kind of rarity

So that means,
The amount of people policing this forum is roughly 4 times the amount currently moderating loving Twitter.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Elon is a charlatan. There is no mission to mars

thats fine. the MIC loves con men

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

So that means,
The amount of people policing this forum is roughly 4 times the amount currently moderating loving Twitter.

At a fraction of the userbase! :peanut:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

thats fine. the MIC loves con men

then what is the point?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/Gawker/status/1591133463935348736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

followup on musk firing literally the entire japanese staff: tatsuki fujimoto, the author of chainsaw man, one of the most popular manga in the world with a currently airing anime, got his account banned because he made a joke about being seven years old, and twitter just went 'oh okay' and banned him for being underage, even though he had an actual checkmark and was the author of chainsaw man. he is currently trying to get his actual account restored but cannot because twitter's jp customer support doesn't exist and he can only get in touch with people who speak english.

https://twitter.com/ashitaka_eva/status/1591202977607749638

ergo he is tweeting things like 'im really tatsuki fujimoto! please believe me!'