Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

There's a holier day???

rember perl horber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mods please rename me "hostile internet agitator"

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
The sun rises over Kharkiv, and Coach Red Pill still remains as a CHUD shittalker.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

General Milley says the Ukrainians and Russians have lost around 100,000 Soldiers each (dead and wounded) and that it's time to negotiate.

I wonder how that's going to go over with the folks who are super invested in Ukraine taking everything back and running Putin out of office?

Are they going to turn on Zelensky and Biden if they agree to some kind of deal with Putin? Or will they just do the liberal thing and instantly go with whatever the TV man tells them?

ill be shocked if the masses manage to get talked down from the total annihilation they crave but yeah that is probably what will happen, lots of "gently caress putin" and "never trust putin" but ultimately everyone moves on to the next thing

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i have no evidence for it, but I believe the theory that Coach Red Pill is controlled opposition by Zelensky/NATO

it would be very funny.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

General Milley says the Ukrainians and Russians have lost around 100,000 Soldiers each (dead and wounded) and that it's time to negotiate.

I wonder how that's going to go over with the folks who are super invested in Ukraine taking everything back and running Putin out of office?

Are they going to turn on Zelensky and Biden if they agree to some kind of deal with Putin? Or will they just do the liberal thing and instantly go with whatever the TV man tells them?

Milley might just be advancing the establish military position.

The Pentagon thinks China is the biggest enemy
https://twitter.com/IBTimes/status/1587745861588729857?s=20&t=C8Y6-IvIDujCIsmaK82spw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

OctaMurk posted:

Shallow Battle doctrine

Lmfao brutal

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
it rules that all China has to do is sit back be rich and successful and outplay the west in terms of trade and diplomacy and not invade anyone but america is like ‘this is our biggest enemy now’

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
FBI uncovers nefarious plot for China to sit back and watch America's collapse

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
When is russia gonna win this dumb war

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Those FUCKERS!!!!!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

MLSM posted:

There are infinite timelines in which they already have. (this is not one of them)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

MLSM posted:

they've already won

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the c in c-spam stands for china

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that's it I’m tired of this nonsense. I’m going to launch a unilateral invasion of both countries then make Russia and ukraine shake hands and promise to be friends again

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

donate to my invasion gofundme

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

indigi posted:

that's it I’m tired of this nonsense. I’m going to launch a unilateral invasion of both countries then make Russia and ukraine shake hands and promise to be friends again

Thank you for your service.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

it rules that all China has to do is sit back be rich and successful and outplay the west in terms of trade and diplomacy and not invade anyone but america is like ‘this is our biggest enemy now’

america spent more than half a century sponsoring right wing terror and false flag operations across europe because we were terrified the soviet union's pivot to diplomacy after stalin died would make european countries decide to just be neutral and reap the rewards of peace

america has subjected cuba to a fanatical and insane sanctions scheme, one if the dumbest attempted invasions of all time and tried to kill its most successful leader possibly more than anyone ever tried to kill any specific person in human history because it just, existed being reasonably prosperous and nonthreatening

e: that is to say, thats just how we do

atelier morgan has issued a correction as of 06:38 on Nov 12, 2022

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://readovka.news/news/120043

quote:

Mishustin: Private Entrepreneurship - the Solution to the Problem of Equipping the Russian Armed Forces

The authorities admit that without the private sector the army cannot be provided for.

At a meeting of the Special Coordinating Council under the government for ensuring the needs of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, the regulations for the targeted task of supplying the army were approved. The problems in equipping the troops with necessary equipment beyond the doctrinal norms are so transparent that the SCS decided to deal with this issue on a priority basis, reports Sovereign Economics.

The authorities admit that without the private sector, using only current government resources, the army cannot be provided for. The SCS will independently draw up a specific list of what, where, and how to buy for the military.

One of the key tasks today is to build communication between the army and manufacturers. With the help of the new regulations, the authorities plan to improve the efficiency of all departments and, most importantly, reduce the time needed to make decisions concerning the supply of the Russian Armed Forces.

At the same time, Mikhail Mishustin, Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation, made it clear that the government itself wants to hear the opinions of servicemen, and not just those of the supply side.

However, the most interesting thing is the obvious readiness of the authorities to work directly with private companies in the interests of improving the combat effectiveness of the army. Working with the state defense order has previously frightened many businessmen with unclear customer requirements and the close attention of supervisory authorities to compliance with all formalities. Within the framework of unified regulations, many requirements will be simplified and debureaucratized, which will probably be of interest to businessmen.

Perhaps it is the process of supplying and rearming the army that will give an impetus to the development of our industry and speed up import substitution. Some tasks, such as supplying troops with tactical medicine, can already be undertaken by the private sector today. All that is needed are clear and "transparent" terms of cooperation between the state and business.

I am not going to comment, but this sounds really bad.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

Those monsters.

At the very least piss on the burning corpse.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

lmfao, during the Russo-Japanese War and WW1 wealthy nobles like Prince Lvov had to organize major private fundraising drives to ensure that Russian soldiers got the most basic of necessities since the Tsar's government kept royally screwing the pooch. (the so-called Zemstvo Union)

So this is gonna go greeeeeeeeeeat.:waycool:

Majorian has issued a correction as of 06:42 on Nov 12, 2022

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

lmfao, during the Russo-Japanese War and WW1 wealthy nobles like Prince Lvov had to organize major private fundraising drives to ensure that Russian soldiers got the most basic of necessities since the Tsar's government kept royally screwing the pooch.

So this is gonna go greeeeeeeeeeat.:waycool:

That's already happening anyway :shrug:

Ukraine too obviously.

I mean this is bad because Russia is just doing more of the same dumbshit US is.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

That's already happening anyway :shrug:

Ukraine too obviously.

Yeah it's just funny to see folks like Mishustin saying, "I know what'll work to turn our fortunes around - PRIVATE FUNDRAISING!"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hopefully it's just another scam to pocket more money.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Lostconfused posted:

that's a comment. you commented. you're a fibber

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Also anyway the nobles should have been funding the army.

That's like the entire point, they extracted the most wealth in a feudal system and they should be paying for it then. It's worse if they don't do it and just keep it for themselves, well worse for the Empire. Like Rome.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

Also anyway the nobles should have been funding the army.

That's like the entire point, they extracted the most wealth in a feudal system and they should be paying for it then. It's worse if they don't do it and just keep it for themselves, well worse for the Empire. Like Rome.

Probably better to do it through a centralized system funded by taxes and not just, you know, out of the goodness of their hearts, though.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well then it wouldn't be a feudal system now would it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think overall the biggest and most important lesson we all learned from this is not to expect Americas enemies to be any smarter, any more competent or less insane than america is.

except for China, Xi Jinping is the smartest.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
putin isnt very good at hearts of iron and should try lowering the difficulty from normal to very easy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

putin isnt very good at

Heresy!

He is best at shirtless siberian tiger wrestling.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol trump with the hammer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

speng31b posted:

slava talibani

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Second cartoon is truly unrealistic. The spray on tan should be melting into the drain

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Frosted Flake posted:

Two of those were focussed on Turkey, which was peripheral. The Russo-Turkish Wars, siege of Plevna etc. weren’t really relevant to the continental state of affairs. Similarly, the Greek War of Independence was a largely irregular war, the force sent to Crimea was a small expeditionary force, Carlist Wars were civil wars.

Those were big wars outside of Europe, to be sure, but mobilized European conscript armies weren’t involved and to Lord Cardigan’s chagrin, had there not been the emergence of a popular press, the people of Britain and France would hardly know they were at war. Those were, for all intents and purposes, Special Military Operations.

The British army has only ever practiced conscription during the world wars and sent over 100,000 soldiers to Crimea. What's the most they ever had on the continent for the Napoleonic wars, it can't be much higher? Those wars happened in Europe and I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Russia's rise to prominence at the expense of the Ottomans was incredibly relevant to the continental state of affairs and was one of the major causes of WW1.

Frosted Flake posted:

When I saw Russian commentators abandon Deep Battle this week, my heart broke.

I’m going to see if there’s English writing on Hellenic Armed Forces doctrine because the Second/Fourth Rome is clearly the way forward from here.

I appreciate you taking on board my prior criticisms.

Majorian posted:

Yeah it's just funny to see folks like Mishustin saying, "I know what'll work to turn our fortunes around - PRIVATE FUNDRAISING!"

That's not what this is about. They are going to buy things from the private sector.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Second cartoon is truly unrealistic. The spray on tan should be melting into the drain

I think you mean DANG CHEETO DUST!

Weka posted:

That's not what this is about. They are going to buy things from the private sector.

I don't really care. I'm laughing at it.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 09:39 on Nov 12, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I mean yeah, obviously. It wasn't like a criticism. Also if you want to chat with me privately I'm happy to give you an email address.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Weren't you the dweeb trying to convince people that Nazi symbols aren't Nazi in the previous thread?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Specifically the kolovrat. I said I wouldn't presume somebody is a Nazi for wearing one. The Nazis themselves never used it afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Yeah I don't want to chat with you, you're annoying.