Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Con2rol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Awesome news! Control 2, Alan Wake 2, Max Payne remake, it's a Remedy renaissance.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Let us fly from the start you cowards

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Heavy Metal posted:

Awesome news! Control 2, Alan Wake 2, Max Payne remake, it's a Remedy renaissance.

They’re one of my favorite devs and I’m sooo excited for everything they’ve got coming.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Remedy games start great and end with me very sick of fighting mook enemies so much

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Remedy games start great and end with me very sick of fighting mook enemies so much

That’s why I loved all the combat modifiers and stuff that Control had. Combat was fun for a min but I was more interested in the story really.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Electromax posted:

Let us fly from the start in a sexy form fitting suit you cowards

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Ahh man playing as Atreus is so loving lit. Holy poo poo!

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Yakuza 7: this fight against Majima & Saejima in the Omi HQ is a massive spike in difficulty, it's the first time I've lost a battle in 50 hours of playtime, i got one shot killed and just felt like stopping for the day, I guess I'll have to re-do the dungeon now....

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Parkingtigers posted:

Ok, good to know. I'll just treat it like Netflix in my head.

In other news, the only downside to the PS5 is the trophy notification chime is loving bullshit. Just a whole can of dog dicks. Sounds like any other pop-up now. How the gently caress am I supposed to get my endorphin rush from meaningless digital panini stickers without that distinctive sound that made me briefly, oh so briefly, feel like I had done something meaningful with my life. Any more of this and I might actually go outside.

do you know who salvo pancakes is

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/ShareHoot/status/1591246380773036032?t=ubc_4XxcP0c9BCJA8kC7hQ&s=19

Best game ever

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

PacoPepe posted:

Yakuza 7: this fight against Majima & Saejima in the Omi HQ is a massive spike in difficulty, it's the first time I've lost a battle in 50 hours of playtime, i got one shot killed and just felt like stopping for the day, I guess I'll have to re-do the dungeon now....

Clear the battle arena first if you haven’t already. That made the difference for me

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Honestly I hate that heals in GOW are ground pickups it’s so lame

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PacoPepe posted:

Theres a move ichi learns that makes him not die in one hit and its pretty mandatory to have for a few late game bosses

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any way for the touchpad to default to the map in GOW so I don’t have to scroll to it every time m?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

veni veni veni posted:

Is there any way for the touchpad to default to the map in GOW so I don’t have to scroll to it every time m?

Lol I was just coming to ask this

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

veni veni veni posted:

it's supposed to be pressing the left side goes to map, but it's buggy right now. seems to hit about 50% of the time for me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Click the left side, it’s virtual buttons

e: once I figured it out it worked consistently *shrug*

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just got to a point in GoW where Freya is going back to Vanaheim to help her brother prepare to fight Odin. They make a point of saying "hey if you want to go do some unfinished business in the other realms first, how about doing that" but I can't tell if this is meant to be a point of no return warning, or if this is a story thing since Atreus and Kratos are reunited again and the game wants to convince you to take a break from the story and have some dad + son adventures. When you look up the goal for the next part of the story it even says something like "maybe me and Atreus should go do some adventures first now that I have him back"

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres a move ichi learns that makes him not die in one hit and its pretty mandatory to have for a few late game bosses

Thanks! I'll take a look at the skill lists, and yeah, I'll come back to the arena to grind a bit, which is something I didn't though I would need to do considering I've been doing endless side stuff.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
ohh my god (mild character spoilers i suppose, but basically the point of the video is how i die when they have a sliver of health left and this is like my 6th try)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGDSczwy-UE

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I loved the part in GOWR where Atreus enters the portal and runs into Kratos, I lost my poo poo lol.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Wiltsghost posted:

I loved the part in GOWR where Atreus enters the portal and runs into Kratos, I lost my poo poo lol.

haha yeah there's some funny little moments in this. the codex entry about "daudi vordr" that says "We encountered this troll in Svartalfheim on our mission to find Tyr. Atreus and I were fortunate that this creature had positioned itself perfectly to break our fall. In gratitude, I put it out of it's misery", compared to what it looked like, kratos breaking out of the crashed train car and maybe a tenth of second after seeing the troll he screams and hits it in the head with axe repeatedly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm really annoyed at the shield system. They've just stapled shield skills you always had to particular gear now. Fists feel really limited. My old charged sweep into shield punch gong that launches everyone is gone and I am now your Freya, Cory. I'll get you for this.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Just fought a large creature. This fuckin game lol

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

imhotep posted:

haha yeah there's some funny little moments in this. the codex entry about "daudi vordr" that says "We encountered this troll in Svartalfheim on our mission to find Tyr. Atreus and I were fortunate that this creature had positioned itself perfectly to break our fall. In gratitude, I put it out of it's misery", compared to what it looked like, kratos breaking out of the crashed train car and maybe a tenth of second after seeing the troll he screams and hits it in the head with axe repeatedly.

Kratos, Mimir, and Atreus will each write codex entries, and it's funny how easily you can tell who wrote what.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just in case I’m not the only one that didn’t know, Ragnarok has gyro aiming you just need to enable it. Seems to work just like Horizon

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I started playing days gone a few days ago and I'm trying really hard to like it but "bike required for job" MIGHT be my threshold Jesus gently caress. Forcing me to buy better bike parts to do story missions by grinding missions to level up camps to unlock the bike parts is a bit much 4 hours in.

I read online it's because my gas tank isn't good enough. I did a couple a missions, leveled up the camp, bought the next best gas tank. STILL NOT ENOUGH. Now I need to get that camp up another level.

E: and grenades don't take out nests, only moltovs, and you can only carry 3 at a time but every area has 5 nests and to make one moltov you need 3 items painstakingly collected from the world. and after watching the slow rear end animation to look at something 90% of the time the item you get is red 'max' because it's just ammo. lol gently caress this game how unbelievably tedious. It's like a AAA idle clicker except you have to press too many buttons.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 12, 2022

acksplode
May 17, 2004

emdash posted:

it's supposed to be pressing the left side goes to map, but it's buggy right now. seems to hit about 50% of the time for me

Works for me consistently if I press the bottom left corner

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

cubicle gangster posted:

I started playing days gone a few days ago and I'm trying really hard to like it but "bike required for job" MIGHT be my threshold Jesus gently caress. Forcing me to buy better bike parts to do story missions by grinding missions to level up camps to unlock the bike parts is a bit much 4 hours in.

I read online it's because my gas tank isn't good enough. I did a couple a missions, leveled up the camp, bought the next best gas tank. STILL NOT ENOUGH. Now I need to get that camp up another level.

E: and grenades don't take out nests, only moltovs, and you can only carry 3 at a time but every area has 5 nests and to make one moltov you need 3 items painstakingly collected from the world. and after watching the slow rear end animation to look at something 90% of the time the item you get is red 'max' because it's just ammo. lol gently caress this game how unbelievably tedious. It's like a AAA idle clicker except you have to press too many buttons.

I'm not saying you are wrong because it's been a while, but I'm normally so annoyed by arbitrarily gated stuff in open world games and don't remember ever finding anything like that annoying in Days Gone.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Tactics Ogre is everything I want in a game right now. What a time to be alive

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

Tactics Ogre is everything I want in a game right now. What a time to be alive

:peanut:

VVVVVV dude I'm there with you, gaming is fire rn

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Nov 12, 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've distanced myself from jrpgs for so long ever since the gen7 transition to "3d anime" style graphics and they all became horny simulators but this recent resurgence of rereleases and remakes and remasters of all the old school classics is a perfect reminder why I fell in love with the genre and fell in love with gaming all those years ago. Long live the jrpg

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Ineffiable posted:

Welcome to the ps5! I miss playing games with you though. I know our time zone differences still doesn't help

Mate, same. Still remember us spending that one Xmas getting the Minecraft platinum.

Been without even PS4 access for 18 months (got stealth deported for being a political dissident, lol) so me landing a PS5 is a sign of me finally rebuilding after a very turbulent time.

I’ll message you on PSN, you might not have noticed I changed my handle there, no longer matches my SA name.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Man I love the writing for Odin so much. The part where you (mid-game spoiler) walk into his office and he’s having a “phone conversation” with his raven gave me a good laugh. Odin as a Gordon Gekko style corrupt and manipulative businessman shouldn’t work but it totally does.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Just in case I’m not the only one that didn’t know, Ragnarok has gyro aiming you just need to enable it. Seems to work just like Horizon

After the major stuff that has been unceremoniously spoiled for me, this is the funniest spoiler tag.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 12, 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont like the enemy that makes little enemies and now ive fought it 3 times in the first 6 hours.
Sad

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

veni veni veni posted:

I'm not saying you are wrong because it's been a while, but I'm normally so annoyed by arbitrarily gated stuff in open world games and don't remember ever finding anything like that annoying in Days Gone.

Probably just because I've done nothing but the critical path. I suspect if you're scavenging as much as possible and taking out nests as you go - playing as intended, you wouldn't see this. But now I have to do side stuff instead of carrying on with the story. And it's probably not much but I've already been slogging through it hoping that at some point I'd care about what's happening to everyone. Maybe wouldn't take me long but I wasn't in the mood for it.

I remember with assassin's Creed Odyssey everyone was complaining about having to grind before doing missions but that never happened to me, I was super thorough on each island and didn't see any gating.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Bugblatter posted:

After the major stuff that has been unceremoniously spoiled for me, this is the funniest spoiler tag.

Did you look up a solution to a puzzle on YouTube and then glance at the related videos too?

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Is there a point for most people where Elden Ring starts to click and you feel confident in what you’re doing? The only From game I’ve played before is Dark Souls, but I didn’t get very far in that game because one of my buddies told me it’s not worth playing without a Wiki open to tell you what to do.

I’m about 17 hours into Elden Ring and I’m really digging the freedom of exploration and gameplay, but I have no idea what I’m doing in terms of equipment, weapons, or leveling up abilities. I started with a Warrior class because it looked beginner friendly, and so far I’ve been focusing on Vigor, Endurance, Strength, and Dexterity. I think I want to start experimenting with magic, and it seems that Intelligence is the way to go based on the spells that look interesting to me at the shops. Is the game ever going to explain any of this or do I need to start digging into Wikis and build guides?

I do know that it’s possible to respec but I haven’t gotten that far yet, so I’m not too worried about screwing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

“My dad likes loot..” my god lol.

Gyro aiming is very helpful but I recommend increasing the small movement threshold (whatever it’s called) to 10-12 or more. It really helps cut down on spurious movements of the reticle when aiming. It’s honestly hard to play without it the way it allows you to quickly tighten up aim.