Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
mods how much do I have to pay to get :eightbux: next to my name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Solus posted:

44 billiom

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Solus posted:

I'm not sure whether to answer $44 billion dollars or eight bucks. :confuoot:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

lol die twitter die!

leon: pay you child support I know you don't you scum bag.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

We're already at puppetmaster defense huh?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

there's a fancy market at the bottom floor of twitter's building that's pretty nice. a little pricey but they also have places to buy lunch/dinner and sit down and eat. would be a shame if twitter dying also kills this place.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Strong Sauce posted:

there's a fancy market at the bottom floor of twitter's building that's pretty nice. a little pricey but they also have places to buy lunch/dinner and sit down and eat. would be a shame if twitter dying also kills this place.

Some other company would move in with a stack of staff that like to buy stuff

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Strong Sauce posted:

Is this just for the twitter employees only to shop at?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Solus:eightbux: posted:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

FirstnameLastname posted:

between the attempted us foreign policy interference he was doing with taiwan & ukraine earlier this year and the starlink fit he threw, combined with his new negligence with costing lockmart investors a shitton of money, i feel like the DoD/MIC is simply waiting until they don't need starlink to turbofuck musk. i mean I'm not the pentagon, but if i were, I'd be pissed as hell at him right now and wanting to make an example out of that kind of behavior

especially if he's already given up operational control of spacex entirely to shotwell and probably gonna get hit in the money by the FTC doing all this dumb poo poo, it's like, why not?

The DOD could literally just push to nationalize Starlink if they wanted, musk is clearly a danger to himself and others and is not sane

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

he couldn't stay away from that demon reefer,

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this mother fuckin coward keeps deleting his own tweets so make sure to screenshot 'em tia

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
Don’t really need to screen cap those type of tweets from him because he keeps telling us how not mad he is.

I bet you right this second he has a new tweet asking the public whether or not he increased the number of lmaos per hour.

Edit: He not only deleted that tweet but has a new poll asking if Twitter is more fun, less fun or lmao 🔥🔥.

I can’t believe a man this lame exists.

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 12, 2022

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Wait he's already removed that "for the lulz" tweet?! Haha what a little bitch.

I can't imagine his mental state is that great at the moment.

Edit: sorry forgot to add 🤣🤣🤣

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

screen shot plz

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

gay picnic defence posted:

Some other company would move in with a stack of staff that like to buy stuff

god please help me posted:

Is this just for the twitter employees only to shop at?

its open to everyone but twitter is most likely the biggest feeder for that store.

tbh i'm not sure if twitter ends up shutting down or even leaving. but if they do that place is probably dead.

when twitter moved in there, they got a sweetheart deal from the city and they basically got a huge tax break for moving into that building.
before the pandemic, their tax break had just expired and jack was actually thinking about leaving sf and eventually making twitter purely remote. thanks to the pandemic they basically accelerated that time frame.

basically no one is really building offices and there's not much around 8th street when most of downtown/tech salesforc is focused between 1-4th st. so even if you're a new company wanting new office space you'll probably rent some around 1st-4th rather than into twitter's old space. if twitter leaves it is likely that market may not survive. i could be wrong and i think there were some huge apartment complexes that were built out that might be able to support it but i'm sure that market (it's called "the market") thought it survived the pandemic until elon walked in with his kitchen sink.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
https://twitter.com/themaxburns/status/1590857135285768192

Sweet jesus

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/GeorgeDor86/status/1591348755315691523

Enigma89 posted:

Sweet jesus

no, no. elon big brain jenius

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Has all the money in the world but has no friends, no wife, no girlfriend, no family, and the thinnest skin imaginable and proving himself to be a gigantic dipshit who ruins everything he touches

can't even pay people to want to be around him as evidenced by all the employees he didn't fire quitting and going elsewhere

just a pitiful creature, trying to post through it all and flailing

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 12, 2022

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Who still uses lulz

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He's going to be sued into the ground. The FTC should no poo poo put this poo poo on lockdown. It's very clear his version of twitter is a threat to public safety.

...Does any one else have a wierd feeling about this week? Like the Red Wave being such a wet fart stopped a lot of plans from materializing, and regressives all over the world are in full panic mode?

Musky had that wierd sit down with Putin a few months ago and suddenly becomes Ace Negotiator and wants to finish buying Twitter. The Russians panic retreat from Kherson once the GOP falls apart...idk something is bugging me about all this.

Musk was not in full burn it down mode till later into this week, which makes me think he was supposed to be the paid for Regressive disinformation bureau if the GOP won big, but now all those plans are up in flames.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Couldn't he have solved world hunger for the lulz?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The only good thing Elon did was set Ukraine up with Starlink but then he tried to hold them hostage and take it away. Just a horrible person.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Who still uses lulz

51yr old South African men

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TulliusCicero posted:

He's going to be sued into the ground. The FTC should no poo poo put this poo poo on lockdown. It's very clear his version of twitter is a threat to public safety.

...Does any one else have a wierd feeling about this week? Like the Red Wave being such a wet fart stopped a lot of plans from materializing, and regressives all over the world are in full panic mode?

Musky had that wierd sit down with Putin a few months ago and suddenly becomes Ace Negotiator and wants to finish buying Twitter. The Russians panic retreat from Kherson once the GOP falls apart...idk something is bugging me about all this.

Musk was not in full burn it down mode till later into this week, which makes me think he was supposed to be the paid for Regressive disinformation bureau if the GOP won big, but now all those plans are up in flames.

The timeline is healing

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

TulliusCicero posted:

I had similar thoughts. The Eye of Sauron (Russia) is too preoccupied with Ukraine to manage all their grifts properly.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

busalover posted:

I had similar thoughts. The Eye of Sauron (Russia) is too preoccupied with Ukraine to manage all their grifts properly.

Imagine being the "richest" person in the world and still working overtime for the actual richest person in the world

capitalism, working as intended

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Also why haven't you gotten rid of all those bots you kept saying made up a significant % of Twitter accounts, Elon? If you had done it, you'd be crowing about it as a success. I know you read this thread

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 12, 2022

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Who still uses lulz

you know precis-

SuddenCactus posted:

51yr old South African men

lol

e. has he ever publically said "Rhodesia"

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

Couldn't he have solved world hunger for the lulz?

Given his track record at Twitter, do you want him to try his hand at solving world hunger?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

There's a very real risk the companies he has shares in and manage tank because their valuation is based on Elon being "the world's biggest genius buisnessman" and this entire twitter debacle shows that's entirely untrue.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Drone_Fragger posted:

There's a very real risk the companies he has shares in and manage tank because their valuation is based on Elon being "the world's biggest genius buisnessman" and this entire twitter debacle shows that's entirely untrue.

OK; amendment to my previous post. This is the second good thing Musk has ever done

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hans Christian Andersen predicted this in 1847

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Zzulu posted:

The timeline is healing

You know, I’d been pretty down in the dumps with the world being on fire and how stupid everything is with that, and then Trump and how stupid everything was with that, and then COVID and how stupid everything was with that, and then the Z invasion and how stupid everything is with that…

But between Russia retreating, the midterms going okay, Bitcoin taking another poo poo and elong yeeting twitter into the sun and the nonstop laughs there, things kinda seem like they might not be that bad after all.

:unsmith:

Probably just a blip tho. I’m sure we’ll be back to the usual horrorshow in no time.

:smith:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If musk was doing some sort of long term strategy for russia/gop then he wouldn't of burnt the company to the ground in 2 weeks. The guy is just a sad idiot who wants attention.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

If musk was doing some sort of long term strategy for russia/gop then he wouldn't of burnt the company to the ground in 2 weeks. The guy is just a sad idiot who wants attention.

Yep. I remember how worried people were about him being able to control and steer the narrative on just about everything happening in the world due to the role Twitter has played the past decade but he's spent his time at Twitter flushing that down the turlet and exposing himself as no mastermind who can only get mad on the internet.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 12, 2022

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Why did none of you goons spend :8bux: and post as Elon saying you were going to by SomethingAwful when you had the chance!

We could of all gotten checkmarks!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm a tad uncomfortable with people calling twitter a vital communication network tbh, it's a dangerously unsafe platform which, in the English speaking world at least, is easily replaced by press releases or a routers feed on Instagram and this was the case long before Musk took over.

I had had a 10k+ follower account banned for the crime of *checks notes* being repeatedly being mass reported for being a British lesbian supporting trans rights and I have very little sympathy for employees of twitter or their bleats about their human rights team, when humans said 3 times that I was still permabanned, because it turns out it's against twitter rules and "sexist" to point out that it was wrong, that on the day in parliament where they read out the names of women murdered by domestic violence, that trans names were deliberately left out.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this mother fuckin coward keeps deleting his own tweets so make sure to screenshot 'em tia

Just use polititweet. Here's his whole account. It's quite a ride reading through the whole thing.

https://polititweet.org/tweets?account=44196397&deleted=True

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Twitter is not really all that popular, in the grand scheme of things. Despite being formed just a couple years after Facebook it only has about as many accounts as Pinterest and active users who do anything but follow and like are in the low single digits. This is the problem that Elon Musk thinks he can solve by integrating Paypal or w/e into the platform. Sucks for the content creators and artists who have made Twitter their main social media site of choice but it hardly has a strangehold there.