Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

When Musk buys SA, Seraph will be unbannable.

Are you kidding, he'll be admin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Booty Pageant posted:

goon project gofundme to buy twitter

1. Buy Twitter
2. Fire everyone, liquidate the hardware.
3. Redirect Twitter.com to forums.something awful.com
4. Any user that signs up via that redirect is added to a clone of the forums that functions the same but is only populated by Twitter redirected users.
5. Normal SA users (us) can see and post in the zoo forums for a one-time :10bux:
6. Twitter users can’t see and aren’t told of the regular forums.

Boom. Everyone wins

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Fyi Elon is a major public figure so you can just Google "Elon musk deleted tweets" to find an archive of what he deletes.

https://polititweet.org/figure?account=44196397

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
might not want to call the offshoot the "zoo forums" boss

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Elon Musk's takeover was so poorly planned the company got locked out of its own Twitter account, report says

https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-staff-locked-out-of-twitter-during-musk-takeover-report-2022-11?international=true&r=US&IR=T

During Elon Musk's chaotic Twitter takeover, login details for the company's official account weren't shared with new leadership, according to reporting by Platformer.

The $44 billion acquisition of the social media company has been disorganized, according to employees and experts alike, with reports of mass layoffs that were in some cases reversed and employees left "in limbo" about their working status.

Sources told Platformer, a newsletter run Casey Newton, former editor of The Verge, the login details for the official @Twitter social account were among the details lost in the fray.

The Twitter team finally accessed its account on Wednesday, after about 12 days, Platformer reported, though the account has not posted since October 13.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
This really is a special moment in history. We'll look back and laugh and remember the good times!

https://twitter.com/Philip_Germain/status/1591227680241893378

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Prediction time: Elon's last post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_U59u69tys

except replace "capitalism" with "woke liberalism"

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Yeah every software engineer who’s worked corporate for more than a year can tell you that getting a new manager is like a 70% chance you get a blustering idiot who doesn’t know how to code and you’re not sure how they ever got hired, they don’t understand the job or the product but they have some Extremely Important Ideas they need you to get right on top of, stat. And their deadlines are about 80% too short but if you tell them this they’ll write you up for underperforming.

This when you realize there’s a great deal of people in the world who are unswayed by rational conversation about mundane but provable topics like “does the product have this feature” and also have a complete surefire belief at their own business acumen. Even actual failures in front of their faces do not make them pull back. This is stupidity in a nutshell.

You don’t need any other motive to explain Elon. Or nearly any other remarkable failure in the industry where something obvious just crashes and burns into a garbage pile.

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 12, 2022

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If anyone comes into something awful with that Twitter brain of "you say you like waffles? You abelist poo poo why don't you think of people who only can eat pancakes" I will permaban them

get it boy

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

kazil posted:

Elon didn't go through with buying Twitter because of Putin, he did it because he was losing in court and they were airing all his text messages.

And he's not tanking Twitter on purpose. He's just really dumb.

If anyone doubts this the messages from his phone that are public confirm he is exactly as he appears. Theyre real dumb.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591121142961799168?s=20&t=kstB4_VQZFm82eHR-igPCw

u either die a hero or live long enough 2 turn into the very corncob u decry

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How do you do, fellow posters?

Shoulda been a sink

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If anyone comes into something awful with that Twitter brain of "you say you like waffles? You abelist poo poo why don't you think of people who only can eat pancakes" I will permaban them

thank u or ur disservice :patriot:

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
The one thing you don't want to do is piss off defense contractors. --

https://twitter.com/litcapital/status/1591172069965713409

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Plan R posted:

This really is a special moment in history. We'll look back and laugh and remember the good times!

https://twitter.com/Philip_Germain/status/1591227680241893378

If some rich weirdo would actually pay me for it, I'd be archiving Tweets for posterity 24/7.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Plan R posted:

The one thing you don't want to do is piss off defense contractors. --

https://twitter.com/litcapital/status/1591172069965713409

I really had my money on Elon getting hacked apart in a hotel bathtub, but "accidental" drone strike would be an interesting twist.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Elon didn’t buy Twitter because he wanted to in the end. He hosed around and found out.

They loving got him.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Musk has all the negative aspects of engineers (the arrogance, the self confidence that they are an expert outside their field) without any of the positives (that they actually build useful poo poo occasionally, that they are sometimes highly qualified/actual experts in whatever they are designing).

Great combo

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Zesty posted:

Elon didn’t buy Twitter because he wanted to in the end. He hosed around and found out.

They loving got him.

he was hosed the moment he signed that contract that the Twitter board wrote like the subjects in Repin's "Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks," without reading it and it's been hilarious ever since exactly what he signed got out.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 12, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zesty posted:

They loving got him.

its wild because all he had to do was not sign anything. he cant be punished for just tweeting about the possibility of buying twitter. that cant be considered a serious offer.

he very obviously got goaded into it and then got left holding the bag, and now hes trying to pretend like hes the genius here

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

If some rich weirdo would actually pay me for it, I'd be archiving Tweets for posterity 24/7.
I think they might be getting saved by archive.org, at least some of them. So there's already competition.

Endorph posted:

its wild because all he had to do was not sign anything. he cant be punished for just tweeting about the possibility of buying twitter. that cant be considered a serious offer.

he very obviously got goaded into it and then got left holding the bag, and now hes trying to pretend like hes the genius here
Wasn't he in trouble for buying shares without disclosing it? I remember him being in a mess even before he signed anything.

It's all really incredible.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I cannot believe Elon is this stupid. He must be doing this on purpose. Which is monumentally stupid. Even more stupid? What is there possibly for him to gain in this?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

I cannot believe Elon is this stupid. He must be doing this on purpose. Which is monumentally stupid. Even more stupid? What is there possibly for him to gain in this?
attention

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Jesus Christ

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1591262905101479936

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's kind of questionable why Elon does a lot of things because he's a walking chaos elemental who is driven by whim and various controlled substances. At the point where he was being sued for specific enforcement of the contract he signed to buy Twitter, his realistic options were to close the deal or walk away with a settlement that absolves him of purchasing the company but be otherwise down maybe $10 billion. He waived diligence, his defenses were being undercut by revelations during discovery, the court was not buying his nonsense and had made clear it had the power to compel enforcement of the contract to the T. Did he cave in because he figured he wasn't gonna win and at least he'd get Twitter? Did he do an extra rail of coke that day and decide no gently caress it I really do want Twitter after all? We don't know!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

which tweet do you end your opening argument with?

"comedy is now legal again" or "I did it for the lulz"?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kw0134 posted:

It's kind of questionable why Elon does a lot of things because he's a walking chaos elemental who is driven by whim and various controlled substances. At the point where he was being sued for specific enforcement of the contract he signed to buy Twitter, his realistic options were to close the deal or walk away with a settlement that absolves him of purchasing the company but be otherwise down maybe $10 billion. He waived diligence, his defenses were being undercut by revelations during discovery, the court was not buying his nonsense and had made clear it had the power to compel enforcement of the contract to the T. Did he cave in because he figured he wasn't gonna win and at least he'd get Twitter? Did he do an extra rail of coke that day and decide no gently caress it I really do want Twitter after all? We don't know!

what we do know is that the aftermath of that fat rail of blow has been loving hilarious

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 12, 2022

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I really had my money on Elon getting hacked apart in a hotel bathtub, but "accidental" drone strike would be an interesting twist.

Musk being killed by a rocket would be a perfect ending. A modern-day Icarus who flew too close to the true wealthy elite of the world and undone by his hubris

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

kw0134 posted:

he's a walking chaos elemental

He's a fraud elemental.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Plan R posted:

He's a fraud elemental.

He's a loser elemental.

:sad:

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Guys he's obviously a fire elemental

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Outrail posted:

He's a loser elemental

At least with fraud there's a paper trail.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Waffle House posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591121142961799168?s=20&t=kstB4_VQZFm82eHR-igPCw

u either die a hero or live long enough 2 turn into the very corncob u decry

it's about ethics in citizen journalism

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How do you do, fellow posters?

man cant even get a hug from advertisers

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

A cringe monger

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
e: wrong thread

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

kw0134 posted:

My understanding was that Twitter was pushing the courts to force Elon to buy and a settlement wasn't really an option

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Yeah every software engineer who’s worked corporate for more than a year can tell you that getting a new manager is like a 70% chance you get a blustering idiot who doesn’t know how to code and you’re not sure how they ever got hired, they don’t understand the job or the product but they have some Extremely Important Ideas they need you to get right on top of, stat. And their deadlines are about 80% too short but if you tell them this they’ll write you up for underperforming.

This when you realize there’s a great deal of people in the world who are unswayed by rational conversation about mundane but provable topics like “does the product have this feature” and also have a complete surefire belief at their own business acumen. Even actual failures in front of their faces do not make them pull back. This is stupidity in a nutshell.

You don’t need any other motive to explain Elon. Or nearly any other remarkable failure in the industry where something obvious just crashes and burns into a garbage pile.

The accuracy of this statement is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

My understanding was that Twitter was pushing the courts to force Elon to buy and a settlement wasn't really an option

Twitter wasn't pushing anything, Elon Musk was going to be forced to purchase Twitter no matter what or eat the pullout fee and look like an idiot at some point because he signed a bulletproof, airtight contract specifically written to gently caress him sight-unseen.

He decided buying Twitter would make him look like less of an idiot.