Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

stab posted:

This argentina story is hilarious cause my man, they have an extradition treaty with the states so uhhh why pick that country

https://twitter.com/SBF_FTX/status/1590709166515310593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

JohnCompany posted:

Sam Bankman-Fled

Sam: Bankmanager is Fried

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/v3spucc1/status/1590710228425011200?s=20&t=3g_68nb4aQMjX2ttU-pzvg

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

stab posted:

This argentina story is hilarious cause my man, they have an extradition treaty with the states so uhhh why pick that country

It's not even close to another country with no treaty either, so it's not like he planned to fly there to then pay cash for a bus trip to Paraguay or whatever to make it slightly harder to find/arrest him.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/lilmoonlambo/status/1591208055147929600?s=46&t=brCd9r93jeVbXE5UomxYng

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Beached Whale posted:

Kraken is hosting a metaverse music festival and Bjork is headlining. It's gonna be super epic amazing, see everyone there!

https://twitter.com/krakenfx/status/1590666327454232576

Bjork explains the Metaverse:

https://youtu.be/75WFTHpOw8Y

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
I have the inside track on the latest and hottest new currency:

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

stab posted:

I went and googled it and yeah, he is not safe on this continent. God I love this so much!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I don't think he's really flying to argentina.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

It would be funny if their stuff was in FTX

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021

Dmitri-9 posted:

I have the inside track on the latest and hottest new currency:

This play money doesn't have poo poo on Bison Dollars.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Scratch Monkey posted:

why do they look like the same ps3 character model with different hair

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

Scratch Monkey posted:

What a dumb way to end your life. They would have had a much easier time by coming up with their own crypto pump and dump schemes. There have been countless of those and rarely do the people behind them ever face any charges at all.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

they tried to sell secrets to brazil and brazil ratted them out which is like lmao

if you're gonna betray america you go to Russia or China

drk
Jan 16, 2005

reuters posted:

In a subsequent examination, FTX legal and finance teams also learned that Bankman-Fried implemented what the two people described as a "backdoor" in FTX's book-keeping system, which was built using bespoke software.

They said the "backdoor" allowed Bankman-Fried to execute commands that could alter the company's financial records without alerting other people, including external auditors. This set-up meant that the movement of the $10 billion in funds to Alameda did not trigger internal compliance or accounting red flags at FTX, they said.

literally posted like half an hour before

reuters posted:

Crypto exchange FTX was engulfed in further chaos on Saturday when the company said it had detected unauthorized transactions and analysts flagged that millions of dollars of assets had been moved from the platform in "suspicious circumstances".

https://www.reuters.com/markets/currencies/exclusive-least-1-billion-client-funds-missing-failed-crypto-firm-ftx-sources-2022-11-12/
https://www.reuters.com/technology/collapsed-crypto-exchange-ftx-hit-by-rogue-transactions-2022-11-12/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Has anybody said "pirateat40s of the Caribbean" yet?

drk
Jan 16, 2005
reuters is also reporting SBF texted them to tell them he's still in the Bahamas, because of course hes texting reporters

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Powershift posted:

Has anybody said "pirateat40s of the Caribbean" yet?

mods

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
SBF has called interpol and said he's just getting something from his car and will be right back, just hold the phone, don't hang up

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

musk really is a modern day ape (idiot).

drk
Jan 16, 2005
A take on EA, a strain of rationalist philosophy that led SBF to think actually making huge risky bets is so cool and good that even stealing money to do so is justified

Stephen Diehl posted:

Sam is unique in that his grandiosity stems not purely from unrestrained greed and narcissism—although there is plenty of that—but his philosophical north star of Effective Altruism, an extreme form of Benthamite utilitarianism which espouses the belief that we should extend our ethical locus of concern to all possible sentient beings that may exist in the future. The philosophy attempts to derive, from first principles, an ethical calculus by which we should optimize our actions according to some suppositional fitness function that maximizes the scope and happiness of all future minds. Its adherents believe themselves as ordained prophets sent by the future to guide the progress of humanity according to their oracular pronouncements.

The Effective Altruism philosophy is, in one word: insane. It is a philosophy of unbounded narcissism wrapped in a bizarre, autistically hyperrational framework concerning human existence that gives rise to hubris of cosmic proportions. And, of course, this plays out exactly like in Greek tragedy, as acolytes like SBF fancy themselves as agents of the future supposedly single-handedly able to steer humanity’s path through the future Great Filters of existential risk, all while his Bahamanian bucket shop couldn’t do effective risk management of their dog-themed money.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

they tried to sell secrets to brazil and brazil ratted them out which is like lmao

if you're gonna betray america you go to Russia or China

Ah yes, Brazil, the United States' most hated enemy.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Extra Large Marge posted:

Ah yes, Brazil, the United States' most hated enemy.

Yes but their nuts are delicious!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Allegedly he fled to Argentina so he could go to Thailand. but the proof is on the flight is someone tweeting that he’s trying to escape.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Golden Bee posted:

Allegedly he fled to Argentina so he could go to Thailand. but the proof is on the flight is someone tweeting that he’s trying to escape.

Elon's child-sized submarine will surely shepherd him to safety!

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Jesus Christ, all this crypto poo poo happening so fast so much, I'd say pump it directly into my veins but I'd probably burst into flames so furiously bright I would be a second sun

gently caress it it'd be worth it

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Jesus Christ, all this crypto poo poo happening so fast so much, I'd say pump it directly into my veins but I'd probably burst into flames so furiously bright I would be a second sun

I arrive at my place of employment and the nice lady asks me how my week has been. "Well..."

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

stab posted:

Ahi viene che, asiento 3F!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

what's that country that is going bankrupt from crypto bags? send him there

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

the ideal ending is that elon goes forward with his plan to turn twitter into a crypto exchange and it destroys both of them for good

halokiller fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 12, 2022

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

You'll burn hotter than a Tesla.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Why argentina? Ecuador's the non-cuba/venezuela western hemisphere country that hates extraditing. Is there something I'm missing or did he just pick a latin-american country at random.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LifeSunDeath posted:

musk really is a modern day ape (idiot).

Musk is the result of slurping an ape four times.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

That DICK! posted:

what's that country that is going bankrupt from crypto bags? send him there

el salvador

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Why argentina? Ecuador's the non-cuba/venezuela western hemisphere country that hates extraditing. Is there something I'm missing or did he just pick a latin-american country at random.

well he heard that a lot of famous people fled there

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1591426376393183232

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Golden Bee posted:

Thailand also has an extradition treaty with the US, is a close US ally, and given the current government there and their respect for human rights there's a non-0 chance he gets taken as a bargaining chip. It's a much worse place to flee to than Argentina which at least has a chilly relationship with the US rn.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FTX pass-thrus.

Amazing

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I mean the only source is some rando twitter loser who paid 8 dollars.

Look at this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/Helloimmorgan/status/1591334056427663361
https://twitter.com/Helloimmorgan/status/1591333334373777408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1591492308444352512?s=20&t=68eAbYbyuXH83MS_euviLg