Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kerrzhe posted:

i have no idea who nick carter is

Back Streets back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shameful that you people don't know about Howard Carter's descendants, who are all still suffering under the Curse of the Pharoah :hmmno:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok but where does Linda Carter fit into this?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

#1 Grandma, which gives her Curse-Resistant powers.

This is all very standard stuff what are they teaching you all in history class nowadays!?!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
What about Dixie Carter?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

i have no idea who aaron carter is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfhhWA9GF0M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok5M3oDAsK0

Kerrzhe posted:

i have no idea who nick carter is

Member of the Backstreet Boys

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Jay Rust posted:

If they had to add one of the player characters from resident evil into super smash, who should it be?

Steve from Code Veronica

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

If they had to add one of the player characters from resident evil into super smash, who should it be?

I feel like they'd have to go with Chris, Jill, Leon, or Claire, but if I could pick absolutely anyone then I'd go with Barry. I imagine they'd be able to do the koopalings/dragon quest hero thing easily enough though by having multiple character models with the same general moveset. Even means Tofu and Hunk could be playable.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
But seriously Jill or Leon would be the best options I feel. I would have said Claire too but I have no idea what her moveset would be like. If we're talking villains then definitely Lady D, but Wesker in Smash would be hilarious now that I think about it

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

God MvC2 was so good

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Curious about RPGs that keep their dungeons short.

Always hated dungeon crawls, so getting into JRPGs when FFVI, VII and VIII came out was pretty great. (Some of the later dungeons could get pretty long, but usually at least had good gimmicks.) Think the short dungeons are probably why I have so much warmth for Pokemon 1 too. Nowadays it feels like every JRPG is gonna put you in a series of tunnels with one texture set just to pad out the game because the art assets are so costly now.

Can't think of a good example with western RPGs. All the old Bioware classics were at their worst when it was boring dungeon time. No quests, no dialogue choices, few encounters with options or story. Just tunnels of monsters to hit and items to pick up. The slog of Kashyyk in KOTOR was particularly bad.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel like they'd have to go with Chris, Jill, Leon, or Claire, but if I could pick absolutely anyone then I'd go with Barry. I imagine they'd be able to do the koopalings/dragon quest hero thing easily enough though by having multiple character models with the same general moveset. Even means Tofu and Hunk could be playable.

His final smash could involve trapping his opponent in a room with a crushing ceiling and inflicting grievous damage via awful dad jokes (the ceiling never actually comes down).

or he could do that ridiculous hurricane lariat from RE5

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Claire for her sick-nasty gun drop move from CV.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Where the gently caress is the umineko thread I need to complain to someone

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Preach!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

Where the gently caress is the umineko thread I need to complain to someone

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000800&pagenumber=6&perpage=40

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
FYI Age of Empires 3 is a pretty good game, too

https://i.imgur.com/ZEYdpsK.mp4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/hGlqjbp.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/grtKAPe.mp4

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Poor Mokujin

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

the rocket launcher has 4 barrels, yet we clearly see it fire at least 6 times, furthermore the text indicates 13 hits. Are we to believe this is some sort of magical rocket launcher?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

VagueRant posted:

Think the short dungeons are probably why I have so much warmth for Pokemon 1 too. Nowadays it feels like every JRPG is gonna put you in a series of tunnels with one texture set just to pad out the game because the art assets are so costly now.

Idk sounds like you would hate Pokémon 1, it has long dungeons with one texture set

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A series of tunnels with one texture set and a million bats

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
:psyduck: Well, it would at least rotate between the cave tileset and the building tileset.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Whizzing Wizard posted:

the rocket launcher has 4 barrels, yet we clearly see it fire at least 6 times, furthermore the text indicates 13 hits. Are we to believe this is some sort of magical rocket launcher?

The rocket impact and the explosion are both separate hits obviously, you’d know this if you paid attention in physics class

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

VagueRant posted:

Curious about RPGs that keep their dungeons short.

Always hated dungeon crawls, so getting into JRPGs when FFVI, VII and VIII came out was pretty great. (Some of the later dungeons could get pretty long, but usually at least had good gimmicks.) Think the short dungeons are probably why I have so much warmth for Pokemon 1 too. Nowadays it feels like every JRPG is gonna put you in a series of tunnels with one texture set just to pad out the game because the art assets are so costly now.

Can't think of a good example with western RPGs. All the old Bioware classics were at their worst when it was boring dungeon time. No quests, no dialogue choices, few encounters with options or story. Just tunnels of monsters to hit and items to pick up. The slog of Kashyyk in KOTOR was particularly bad.

For a lot of Atelier games the "dungeons" tend to be pretty short and usually few in number depending on the title.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ubisoft has refunded all pre-orders for the Sands of Time remake so er, good luck with that

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rarity posted:

Ubisoft has refunded all pre-orders for the Sands of Time remake so er, good luck with that

You forgot the best part, they insist the game isn't cancelled

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

but my Beyond Good and Evil 2 preorder is still solid right?? :v:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man the whole Sands of Time remake fiasco hurt me, it's such a great game. Hopefully the Splinter Cell remake doesn't go the same route...

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I should replay sands of time here shortly

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

TheWorldsaStage posted:

You forgot the best part, they insist the game isn't cancelled

It's viral marketing, they want to give gamers the experience of making a bad choice and then having it get erased, leaving only a memory.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No no, I don't think that's how it happened.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

Poor Mokujin

Picking on someone else then

https://i.imgur.com/Z2IRLLS.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/3LAOcAg.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Love Stole the Day posted:

FYI Age of Empires 3 is a pretty good game, too

https://i.imgur.com/ZEYdpsK.mp4

Oooh, big stretch!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Shadiw Tactics Blades of the Shogun free on Epic, hell yes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Little Inferno is getting holiday dlc soon

It's not the longest time between a game releasing and a game getting dlc but it made me wonder, what is the longest wait between game release and dlc release? I'm guessing Age of Empires 2 but even then there are probably others I'm not aware of. I'm not counting when a game gets rereleased and has new content for the rerelease.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Buschmaki posted:

Shadiw Tactics Blades of the Shogun free on Epic, hell yes

"bird's voice"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

It's not the longest time between a game releasing and a game getting dlc but it made me wonder, what is the longest wait between game release and dlc release? I'm guessing Age of Empires 2 but even then there are probably others I'm not aware of. I'm not counting when a game gets rereleased and has new content for the rerelease.

romero's doom wad, that's 29 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

FirstAidKite posted:

Titan Quest probably