Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

If Ukraine waits until spring to negotiate, then they need to have General Mud involved in the talks as well. Milley knows this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i habe an impossible time searching for “massive attack Ukraine” now :smith:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/status/1591499393219563520

This feels like it would be...ambitious...:stare:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Everyone's been speculating this for months though? Starting with Strelkov before he went off to war, and now everyone else catching up to him.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Even this dog brained idiot is joking about it https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1590414301135015938

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it’s almost election year and Erdogan’s appetite is growing larger. if sweden and finland are to join nato, USA better pony up

https://twitter.com/hbarkey/status/1591485952970686466

quote:

President and AKP Chairman Recep Tayyip Erdoğan accused the United States of supporting the Gülen organization and said, "Biden is hiding this man" about Fethullah Gülen.

President Erdoğan answered the questions of journalists in Uzbekistan, where he went for the Organization of Turkic States Summit.

Evaluating Northern Cyprus' joining the organization as an observer member, Erdoğan said, "We should create a spiral to introduce TRNC to the world. We should start working for its recognition as a state.

Referring to the fight against the Gülen organization, Erdoğan said, "Who is protecting them right now? Mainly Greece. They escape and go to Greece, they escape and go to Europe. They have always fled here; they live in Germany, France, Holland, Denmark, Denmark, England, America. And America is hiding this man. Who is hiding him? Biden is hiding him. They gave them a huge mansion in Pennsylvania, where this man lives. If you ask me where the center of terrorism is, I will tell you this right now."

Erdoğan also said about the grain corridor from Ukraine: "I think it would be wrong to set a time limit there. We have told them that the longer they keep this work, the more accurate it will be. On the other hand, in my opinion, we need to draw the boundaries of this work well and work on it well. In other words, as Putin said, this step can be taken under the name of African countries. Because right now, the poor, the strangers are always in African countries. It would not be a fair approach to put Africa aside and send it to Europe."

“There are positive developments in F-16s"

President Erdoğan also said about relations with the US: "The F35 point actually bothers America more than it bothers us. Why? Because we have done our part. We made our payments in the payment plan, but unfortunately, these payments we made were not reciprocated. On top of that, technical work on our F-16 request continues as planned. We said, "Let's conduct this business in this way, solve it and close the file." From time to time, the American side says positive and good things to my Defense Minister Hulusi Pasha. Of course, they have had an election now. With this election, some positive news is coming again and we continue to follow these positive news closely. I hope that next month will be full of good news and we will develop the F16 issue in a much more positive direction."

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Has this been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/AZgeopolitics/status/1591496632058740737

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Weka posted:

Who would buy?

the actual economic centers in the EU would love for the status quo to return and the way the russian government is flopping around the EU can just ask them to destroy their contracts they have been signing. Sure, china will get off scot free, but the rest of the third world gets shafted.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ukriane is going to send 13 Aes Sedai to Moscow

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

bakhmut's clearly been on the back-burner for a while from the ukrainian side and has been slowly falling for a good while - the impression i get is that the wagner elements there are actually pretty good and have been patiently leveraging their advantages while the ukrainian army has been busy committing its forces elsewhere. the ukrainians presumably have well-prepared defensive lines in place for when it falls, and the weather is getting inclement for campaigning anyway. i wouldn't expect a major russian advance after bakhmut, especially not without pressure from the izyum direction.

the question is if it has any implications for the expected ukrainian zaporizhzhia offensive. when the ukrainians' offensives have been this clearly telegraphed in the past, they've generally not gone very well, and if bakhmut really does fall, even if they have a good plan for stemming it, there's going to be a moment of chaos where poo poo happens - it may be useful to keep those forces in reserve a little longer to quash any risk of a serious breakthrough, but that in turn might make the entire offensive impossible.

Lostconfused posted:

Anyway, Girkin has a wall of text about Lyman but it's pure speculation. I'm too lazy to translate it in the middle of work.

He thinks Lyman isn't important and is just annoyed that Russian troops didn't fallback before being encircled. He still expects Zaporozhye to be the main target because that would put the whole Kherson battle group in danger.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

jfc

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

kolovrat postin

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Has this been posted yet?

maybe spoiler tag that, if you have to link to it? even if it isn’t literal gore I guess there are some people who don’t want to see terrified senior citizens being abused for having the wrong ethnicity listed in their soviet-era ID.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

kolovrat postin

Yeah that's their emblem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusich_Group

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

kolovrat postin

Ahahaha I didn't even notice!

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Comrade Koba posted:

purge videos from ”liberated” kherson already showing up on tiktok :smith:

Yeah if anyone posts that content it might lead to someone saying that Ukrainian soldiers are bad, and we’ve already had far too many dumb bans and permas recently.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Loucks posted:

Yeah if anyone posts that content it might lead to someone saying that Ukrainian soldiers are bad, and we’ve already had far too many dumb bans and permas recently.

the Ukrainian military, and especially the SBU, is bad. drat that was a hot take

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/AZgeopolitics/status/1591506539931734019

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
In other Organization of Turkic States news, Orbán took a big delegation of over 50 people including the foreign minister and has reportedly significantly strengthened economic bonds with Uzbekistan, looking at setting up manufacturing there and Hungary's biggest commercial bank is buying an Uzbek bank. Some mention of Azeri gas was made too.

Tankbuster posted:

the actual economic centers in the EU would love for the status quo to return and the way the russian government is flopping around the EU can just ask them to destroy their contracts they have been signing. Sure, china will get off scot free, but the rest of the third world gets shafted.

Just a Russian liver joke.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

speng31b posted:

the Ukrainian military, and especially the SBU, is bad. drat that was a hot take

I genuinely can’t figure out the boundaries of what’s acceptable. One post seems problematic and no one reacts; another seems fine and it’s a ban + 30. 🤷‍♂️

That does lead to far fewer of my posts, so mission accomplished I guess.

e: please don’t ban for meta discussion since discussing vague rules is itself against the rules. I’m shutting up now.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Loucks posted:

Yeah man, it was totally saying that Ukrainian soldiers are bad that made that happen.

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

NAFO ghouls are all over this justifying why "Russian soldiers in civilian clothes" aren't actually POWs and aren't covered under the Geneva convention.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Majorian posted:

Yeah man, it was totally saying that Ukrainian soldiers are bad that made that happen.

You can get snarky, but I’m not trying to start poo poo. This is me saying, without subtext or rancor, that I am genuinely baffled. If everyone else gets it and I’m just stupid then ok.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
drat, getting sent to a dungeon because you got the wrong version of identification papers on you
or worse

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

USSR symbols are banned by the government anyway. Should have probably burned it or something.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Loucks posted:

You can get snarky, but I’m not trying to start poo poo. This is me saying, without subtext or rancor, that I am genuinely baffled. If everyone else gets it and I’m just stupid then ok.

I don't think meta discussion is punishable unless it's being psycho or talking about other threads.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
glenn greenwald

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Loucks posted:

It's really not that hard. Criticize Ukraine all you want, just don't be a bigot, don't engage in bloodlust, don't deny war crimes without good evidence for it, and don't be a toxic psycho.

speng31b posted:

I don't think meta discussion is punishable unless it's being psycho or talking about other threads.

This, yeah. I did say I wanted to keep meta discussion to a minimum but I'm not gonna, like, ban folks for it or anything.

\/\/\/ty, my thoughts exactly\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 21:27 on Nov 12, 2022

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
To be honest, the thread is better and more readable without meta discussion beyond the other issues it causes.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yeah, no more going to bed, waking up seeing a thousand posts and realising its 5 funky pagan symbol defenders getting forumpunched.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

To be honest, the thread is better and more readable without meta discussion beyond the other issues it causes.

That's because we haven't had a serious push on the thread. Something that usually happens after a Ukrainian victory, but not this time.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

kolovrat? more like cool-o-rad. pagans rock

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
How about instead of Kolovrat it was ogey rat?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

is this better or worse than when Russia does it

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1591523408860221440

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the Ukrainian military and intelligence state is going to murder a lot of civilians in plain sight to the sound of enthusiastic applause

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

Worse! I thought we were friends yo! Did that fistbump with MBS mean nothing?!:qq:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

That's because we haven't had a serious push on the thread. Something that usually happens after a Ukrainian victory, but not this time.

Yeah, as long as everyone stays in their corners, it works…

speng31b posted:

Wait until the next OPEC meeting

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, as long as everyone stays in their corners, I guess it works as long as no one takes that first shot.

they wouldn't invade, it doesn't make sense politically or strategically. its just posturing

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I watched all quiet on the western front yesterday and it really confused me. which side is supposed to be the good guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Tankbuster posted:

yeah, no more going to bed, waking up seeing a thousand posts and realising its 5 funky pagan symbol defenders getting forumpunched.

halcyon days