Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
If we ignore that daylight savings ended, technically I still posted on time... 😅
I also wish I had prepared a bit ahead of time...
Oh well, oh well, making progress! :toot:

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The thing with PSP is that even though it's a forum for wrestling and combat sports, the wrestling side of things is much more active, but even then, it's a forum dominated by megathreads. I reckon many posters don't venture out of their dedicated threads very often. Which is a bit of a shame. I think it's cool that you tried to make one for the combat sports side of the community. Sure, it seems to be a stinker, I guess even the more "legitimate fighting" people are more into watching it than doing it. Which makes sense, getting punched in the face sucks. But I'm a wrestling fan so if a punch hurts you're doing it wrong.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

The thing with PSP is that even though it's a forum for wrestling and combat sports, the wrestling side of things is much more active, but even then, it's a forum dominated by megathreads. I reckon many posters don't venture out of their dedicated threads very often. Which is a bit of a shame. I think it's cool that you tried to make one for the combat sports side of the community. Sure, it seems to be a stinker, I guess even the more "legitimate fighting" people are more into watching it than doing it. Which makes sense, getting punched in the face sucks. But I'm a wrestling fan so if a punch hurts you're doing it wrong.

It was more of I, myself, didn't like the quality of the thread, not a comment on its performance, haha. But it's all good.

Shame we don't have more people into actually doing fighting or martial arts. It's good exercise!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BigBadSteve posted:

I admire your ecelectic posting skills. I know there's no way I could make even vaguely relevant interesting threads in so many different subforums.

Thanks! I appreciate your posts too. Keep up your unique posting style, friend.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! Things that don't belong in a human body

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! Leveling up Resistance Endurance

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Good luck on your journey to buffdom!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Good luck on your journey to buffdom!

Thanks! I'm gonna do 100 key-presses and 100 mouse-lifts right now! :pt:

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

dang you really hustling OP! I can't even keep up, and honestly the last few weeks have been in subforums that I have no business in at all. I think I have visited some of these folders exactly never before I started following your journey. :lol: at that buzz lightyear in the bum.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
📝 Travel update:

Surprisingly, my TGJS thread seems to be warming up with some really interesting posts. I guess despite my own disappointment in my OP, once again other posters have helped make one of my threads into something nice. I know goons like to call the forums dead and gay, but even with a poor prompt, there's some really interesting knowledge to be had here on these forums.

I sometimes regret my lack of preparation. And certainly I regretted it when I reached YLLS. My OP was clearly lacking. I fixed it rather late, but thankfully it was fixed. It still sits pretty high on the first page, but with zero responses. I'm not sure if I have much to say about the subforum so far as I haven't met any of the locals yet.

TGD is another one of those subforums that are really good to have. This was one of the subforums I was most worried about. I thought it operated like HoTS, and I was going to need a medical issue I was willing to post about. I spent a lot of time trying to think of something that wasn't too gross, but also couldn't just be looked up on the Internet or only solvable by going to the doctor. But then, fortunately, I realized that it's just a general subforum for medicine. So I had ideas.
From what I've come to understand, it's a nice place not too different from e/n. A lot of specific threads about specific posters. This subforum probably has the least megathreads and the most minithreads. I really appreciate those goons who are there, helping out their fellow goons with their medical issues.

My TFLC journey has only just begun. This is another subforum where you better be willing to invest into your thread. This is going to be a lot of work for me going forward, but good work. It's another place full of helpful goons. I think it's really nice seeing a goon going on a personal journey, yet getting replies from other posters. Everyone seems really supportive.

There's also something I noticed that I forgot to remark on earlier - a lot of the SAS subforums don't have their own rules threads, which makes them somewhat unique among the subforums. I suppose the general forum rules are enough for them. I just thought it was interesting.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 24, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

your dungeons and dragons game is chugging along well, too, good job on that

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

I know goons like to call the forums dead and gay, but even with a poor prompt, there's some really interesting knowledge to be had here on these forums.

That is not dead and gay which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! Camping cuisine: S'more wieners and Dutch ovens

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Nov 11, 2022

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! 🥓🍹 Bacon drink

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I'm no good at cooking, and it's really hard to get good bacon where I live anyway, so I won't be participating in that thread, but maybe more than any other thread of yours, I want that one to succeed.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bribing users to post in your threads is a new low op. smdh

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I feel like I've reached lower lows in other threads.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! 🏎️🏁 Your own version of the Mach 5

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Does anyone still care about this?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

lol apparently yes

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Christ, What An rear end in a top hat

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Coincidentally, when I posted too much, doing GIVEAWAY threads always got butts in the seats. Give away an av, a drawing, one time I sent someone something and people really enjoyed it. BRIBE THEM, OP.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Phileas Fogg was probably handing out those filthy fivers non stop to get to the next steamer or w/e

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I haven't posted in the threads but I definitely follow this because seeing new parts of the forums is fun.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

lmfao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Much like the idea of Phileas Fogg having to constantly dodge cops chasing him along the way would've made the story better, having rando naysayers in the crowds hauled off for a night in the slammer also makes it more entertaining

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Dip Viscous posted:

I haven't posted in the threads but I definitely follow this because seeing new parts of the forums is fun.

I'm in the same boat, or 'balloon' as it were. I'm learning about forums I never knew we had.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Captain Hygiene posted:

Much like the idea of Phileas Fogg having to constantly dodge cops chasing him along the way would've made the story better

you mean INSPECTOR FIX of SCOTLAND YARD?

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

Dip Viscous posted:

Yeah it's neat to discover new subforums, and these threads have been great efforts to engage in those subforums. I really appreciate the time that Shadow0 is putting into this.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

sebmojo posted:

you mean INSPECTOR FIX of SCOTLAND YARD?

:aaaaa: I completely forgot about Inspector Fix. FYAD wasn't even being original here!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I knew SA had a lot of subforums, but this thread has helped put it into perspective just how many subforums SA has.
It's been a great ride so far, and it's not even close to being done :woop:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i've been following along OP

you've been putting in a lot of effort to explore these forums and it's a nice change from bad posts like mine

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! Sidecars

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Ubersandwich posted:

I'm in the same boat, or 'balloon' as it were. I'm learning about forums I never knew we had.

Same same.

The "balloon" bit made me laugh out loud in real life by the way.

:350:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Just out of curiousity, is the original all your base photoshop thread still hidden in some corner of archive?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

Just out of curiousity, is the original all your base photoshop thread still hidden in some corner of archive?
I don't believe so, since it was in late-2000 and there's no archive that goes back that far.
The earliest that the GBS archive goes back is 2002.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! Your magnum opus (or magnum oops)

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Congrats on the magnum "opi" (OP)

the plural of opus in latin is opera, not that anyone should care in the slightest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Yeah but magnum opera just sounds like an Italian musical about ice creams.