Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
How much influence does the UAE have at OPEC+ meetings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

speng31b posted:

the Ukrainian military and intelligence state is going to murder a lot of civilians in plain sight to the sound of enthusiastic applause

white people can just be bloodthirsty bigots like the rest of us.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/general_ben/status/1591486606812516352

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russian soldiers, whatever should not be there it is not their land

Crimea will soon be free, Putin is a disaster for Russia!

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Majorian posted:

It's really not that hard. Criticize Ukraine all you want, just don't be a bigot, don't engage in bloodlust, don't deny war crimes without good evidence for it, and don't be a toxic psycho
Honest question: What's the policy on leveling accusations of war crimes?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
what?! the UAE and KSA interfering in America?!?! what else are you going to tell me that israel regularly brainwashes American kids by giving them free flights and trips to summer camps to give them blowjobs and military/propaganda training to kill and hate Arabs and Muslims and leftists and actively gives them seminars on who to vote for or not and uses their financial and political lobbying networks and evangelical Allies to destroy and smear any leftist who tries to get elected in the western world?!?!

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Nov 12, 2022

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Honest question: What's the policy on leveling accusations of war crimes?

Totally fair question. It's less of a policy and more of a guideline, but if there's evidence, present the evidence. If a government or other entity is making an allegation, try to make it clear that it's an allegation.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Comrade Koba posted:

purge videos from ”liberated” kherson already showing up on tiktok :smith:

Don't go on tiktok!!

speng31b posted:

the Ukrainian military, and especially the SBU, is bad. drat that was a hot take

Loucks is right. I am going to have to ban you.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Can you summarize so I don't have to watch it? The thumbnail looks bad

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I don't have the volume on, but it's a Ukrainian soldier acting menacingly towards what I assume must be an alleged collaborator.

Probably something good to spoiler and :nws: going forward.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lostconfused posted:

That's because we haven't had a serious push on the thread. Something that usually happens after a Ukrainian victory, but not this time.

We have made it clear to anyone who would think about doing this that such a thing would risk their accounts, and even potentially put their home thread in jeopardy. Folks here have gotten the message, and I'm glad of it. To say that it would be a bad idea for some group of posters to do it to this thread would be an understatement.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Ukrainian military police laughing and slapping a blindfolded and bound guy while presenting his ID doc that shows "Russian" in the nationality column

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Don't go on tiktok!!

Now look at Mr FCC here

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b posted:

is this better or worse than when Russia does it

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1591523408860221440

Flynn being a literal Turkish agent is such a great bit.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

speng31b posted:

Technically fake news since Tom Barrack was recently acquitted of being an unregistered foreign agent, OP.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

no man is an island

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

A Russian troll farm posted:

I watched all quiet on the western front yesterday and it really confused me. which side is supposed to be the good guys?

you are for watching it

thanks, consumer :angel:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

A Russian troll farm posted:

I watched all quiet on the western front yesterday and it really confused me. which side is supposed to be the good guys?

It's Hindenburg, he's the good guy trying to make peace while those stupid french and german generals are just getting more people killed. Also the german soldiers aren't really the bad guys, they just became like that under the constant attack of the brutal and inhumane french warmachine.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

dieselfruit posted:

NAFO ghouls are all over this justifying why "Russian soldiers in civilian clothes" aren't actually POWs and aren't covered under the Geneva convention.

I think that only applies if they’re fighting too, if they’re unarmed I’m pretty sure they would count as interned enemy nationals.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

HiroProtagonist posted:

no man is an island

No, Man is an island!

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

speng31b posted:

ok, but they're allowed to

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

The Russo-Japanese War is a great example because the Russians more or less let Port Arthur get encircled, had the Japanese Navy on the ropes but freaked out and returned to port after their only bold leader was killed when the flagship hit a mine, brought the cruisers in after Japanese trade and even the troopships heading to Korea were in dire straits.

Ardennes posted:

Most the engagements were inconclusive and the Russians were at an intrinsic disadvantage (which was rooted in being asleep at the switch for years prior). That said, you could made the argument that the Rozhestvensky by rushing the straits made defeat certain, and while his crew was fatigued from their journey. Their best course of action was not to seek battle and take a slower and longer route to Vladivostok to resupply and bring the fleet into fighting form. At that point, the main of the Russian navy would be to attack Japanese supply lines and "turn the tables" on Japan by increasing the cost of the war until Japan would be forced to engage the Russian fleet on their terms.

Done of that was going to happen obviously because there simply wasn't the competency present.

Donrf posted:

Since we are talking about the navy...In 1904 the Second Pacific Squadron was going on a campaign. Of the eight ships in the line, four are new, and three are manned by conscripts. Before you go to war, it's a good idea to shoot a bit, just for practice. They did...according to peacetime standards. As an artilleryman, Rozhestvensky cried out that that was nothing and he was promised - The ship with the shells is sure to catch up with him on the way. There they'll practice. Rozhestvensky departed, and in St. Petersburg Admiral Birilev estimated - the rent of a transport ship is a hundred thousand, and by train to Vladivostok is three times cheaper. They'll practice after they win. Will just beat the macaques barehanded. There are 15,000 men in the squadron after all. Rozhestvensky at Madagascar, when he realized that instead of shells he got what we got from Kherson and became that psychopath as described by Novikov. The result - more than a hundred million rubles lost (the cost of ships) but 70 thousand in savings. Rozhestvensky went to trial, Birilev was promoted. It's the climate.
(from t.me/donrf22/9008, via tgsa)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I have a giant spinning arrow labeled "next US Invasion" and have just added a section called "Saudi Arabia".

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

No, Man is an island!

no, island for good men

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Majorian posted:

I don't have the volume on, but it's a Ukrainian soldier acting menacingly towards what I assume must be an alleged collaborator.

Probably something good to spoiler and :nws: going forward.

speng31b posted:

Ukrainian military police laughing and slapping a blindfolded and bound guy while presenting his ID doc that shows "Russian" in the nationality column

Ugh that is very uh bad. Very bad. Thanks for explaining it though.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I assumed since there was 0 actual violence it was safe but in the future I'll post a disclaimer that it may be hard to watch.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Maybe I am just too jaded, but it didn't seem menacing to me.

It was just abuse, the soldier was toying with the man because the victim was completely powerless in that situation.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

that doesn't look like a ton of people but still, not good!!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Lostconfused posted:

It was just abuse, the soldier was toying with the man because the victim was completely powerless in that situation.

Agreed 100%

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

yeah, i mean, it was super hosed up to see but probably not in a way that needed to be spoilered. the implication is far worse than what's shown

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

also if you’re a Stalinist or Maoist, just do the needful and go the gently caress away

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

Placeholder. Please don't tell me to kill myself in PMs and then brag about it in a different forum. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

oh word, this guy turned out to be a psycho?

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
uh, Ukraine should crack down on all these nazi patches, i don't want to feel like I'm cheering for nazis

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1591246684520329216

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder if that was an inclusive or and included people who are Stalinists and Maoists

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol of all the Nazi units it’s the Dirlewanger Brigade

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

lol of all the Nazi units it’s the Dirlewanger Brigade

I've always wondered how Polish Canadians feel about the fact our government supports people who just can't stop wearing Political patches of the worst units of the SS that did awful poo poo in Warsaw in 1944

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Don't worry about the patches. Ukraine is the good guys.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

oh ok then

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the nazi special needs brigade getting rep

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Isentropy posted:

I've always wondered how Polish Canadians feel about the fact our government supports people who just can't stop wearing Political patches of the worst units of the SS that did awful poo poo in Warsaw in 1944

The answer may surprise you! They're fine with it because they did warcrimes to Kashubians and other ethnicities, the Polish Diaspora is almost entirely western Poland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

warlibs all like "why don't these nazis that i support know about the quiet part!?"