Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

An insane mind posted:

Maybe I'm just hoping for MTG to feel threatened and travel over there :colbert:

No sorry I'm just dumb :(

i'm not going to blame anyone from outside the united states if they don't get all the political races right. hell most people in the States don't. Hell I miscounted the Senate tally last night. all of this poo poo shouldn't matter but unfortunately it actually does because the US wields a lot of power abroad so some random Q-anon idiot who just wants to own the libs can gently caress it up for everybody else.

edit: i just realized if GOP gains the house MTG will be put into actual committees. lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Well to be fair covid wiped out a lot of them too

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
How in the world has Trupm not just decided to call him “Ronda Santis” I mean for gently caress sake it’s right there and a girl’s name is the absolute worst thing you can possibly call a conservative male.

“There goes ole Ronda.”

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 12, 2022

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Party of law
https://twitter.com/KyungLahCNN/status/1591503219263303680

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah, lynch law

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Strong Sauce posted:

I don’t think they said anything about Lake but about a House seat.
I don’t think it’s anything to be negative about. They’re tempering expectations now that they have more data about last nights Maricopa dump.

Yeah, I'd like to hear more about what the Data Guru and Wasserman said here because all I've seen is that some of the remaining drops COULD be red-friendly based on the demographics of where they come from. The Data Guru also said these areas didn't help Trump enough in 2020, but he also admitted it could bring things very, very close between Hobbs and Lake.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Why aren't these people in a 24h psych hold? Just mass hysteriaing all over the place.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

oh poo poo, trump being irresponsible and chaotic can you even imagine?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Well to be fair covid wiped out a lot of them too

Covid did a lot of good things

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Thank you Trump for deliberately harming Walker's chances.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL delicious. It's trumpworld, any word can mean any other word. So MATCH can mean YOU PAY, and DONATE can mean GRIFTED.

I mean it's just a lie. Why not? How would it ever be verifiable?

100% all the people mashing the DONATE button assume Trump is just writing infinite checks from his Scrooge McDuck money bin because he is the world's richest man, after all that's why he's so famous and great!! HE CANNOT BE BOUTHGT

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

shut up chris wallace

quote:

CHRIS WALLACE: Let’s talk about it on the ground as it played out in the election, because in a number of races you were an issue and Republicans used you, too, in places like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania to go after the people they were running against, take on Washington. Democrats want to keep spending and raise your taxes to do it. And socialized medicine, we really get these crazy ideas.

POLITICAL AD: Mandela Barnes. A different Democrat, a dangerous Democrat.

CHRIS WALLACE: The argument they’re making is Democrats like you have taken the party and the country too far to the left.

ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ: Well, we won Pennsylvania, didn’t we? And we’ve overperformed across the country, haven’t we? Because I think that reiterating the fact that we care about health care, talking about things like decriminalizing marijuana and discussing some of these core issues work. But I would also counter that one of the decisive factors in the midterm elections was youth turnout. Youth turnout. And the enthusiasm among young people is what turned a lot of these close races to tip towards Democrats. And one thing that we know about young people is that they are overwhelmingly progressive. They want us to do more. They’re fired up on climate and. With any figure, with any decision, with any choice. This is leadership. You’re going to take a knock. There are going to be cons. But we can also acknowledge that there are benefits to having robust members of our party that unapologetically champion the working class.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/aoc-has-quick-response-when-chris-wallace-shows-attack-ads-using-her-against-democrats-we-won-didnt-we/

edit: from the same interview

quote:

Chris Wallace: Do people want both parties to move from the fringes, from the extremes back to the center?

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez: I think a lot of people in this country may say yes, but it’s important for us to dig into the substance of what that actually means. As someone who is often, I think, characterized as extreme. I of course, would object to that I do not believe that I am as extreme in the way that Marjorie Taylor Greene on the Republican side is extreme the idea that there is an equating of believing in someone who believes in guaranteed universal health care in the United States was someone who believes that undocumented people should incur physical harm are somehow in the same level of extreme is something that I would object to.

lol yeah wanting people to have health care and a place to live is SO EXTREME!!!!

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 12, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GreatGreen posted:

How in the world has Trupm not just decided to call him “Ronda Santis” I mean for gently caress sake it’s right there and a girl’s name is the absolute worst thing you can possibly call a conservative male.

“There goes ole Ronda.”

These fanfic nicknames are all great but c'mon, you know they're too witty for Trump to come up with. These are GWB tier, he was famous for actually being funny at it

Trump would do something out of left field like "Ron the Nose Picker". I mean he thinks "DeSanctimonious" is a great line and I guarantee he has no idea what the word means

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol "Too far to the left" AKA wanting people to be left the gently caress alone

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1591555771552387074

They're doing the walls of Jericho thing again.

Bible wise, not wrestling wise.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

someone give me a name for the period in this thread when everyone was a bid sad before the midterms, i'm making another chart.

"Trough of Despair"?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ManBoyChef posted:

I honestly dont see the utility in debates anymore considering that the GOP candidate just lies nonstop and their base will believe them even if they are fact checked in real time. Most people already know who they are voting for. What I think might work a little better is advertisements on tv and facebook, and GOTV doorknocking where you as the candidate are actually going out and speaking to people in the neighborhoods that you will need to win. Watching debates this election cycle were sometimes funny, as in the Warnock Walker debate and sometimes uplifting like the Ryan Vance debate but at the end of the day I dont think they sway anyone. Hobbs I think took a gamble knowing that Kari Lakes only policies are to hurt the people that the GOP voters dont like, immigrants. What does talking about that solve that putting an advertisement wouldnt?

The doomer in me is inclined to agree with this, and maybe the rest of me too. It seems like the only thing debates can do for good candidates is sink them for a verbal tic or stumble while awful candidates never end up suffering for absolute clownshoes performances. No news talking head would ever say Trump "won" his debates with Hillary but as far as voters were concerned he wiped the floor with her by saying "wrong" and telling his rambling stories about his MIT scientist uncle and cheating on his taxes. And Herschel Walker only solidified his supporters by showing off his crackerjack box police badge like it was the coup of the century.

Debates used to be the only way anyone could see how candidates would address issues or how they disagreed. But there's a lot more in the way of communication media now, they're just going to tweet at each other which is way easier for them to curate their image

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Toxic Mental posted:

lol "Too far to the left" AKA wanting people to be left the gently caress alone

Yeah truly the Left and the Right in this county are both too extreme! :shepface:

Shut the gently caress up Boomer

I mean Chris Wallace

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

For those who weren’t raised in bible

Walls of Jericho

quote:

According to Joshua 6:1–27, the walls of Jericho fell after the Israelites marched around the city walls once a day for six days, seven times on the seventh day, and then blew their trumpets

Please tell me they brought trumpets

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

someone give me a name for the period in this thread when everyone was a bid sad before the midterms, i'm making another chart.

"Trough of Despair"?

Depression Depression

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Strong Sauce posted:

"Trough of Despair"?

Low Tide? Right before the Red Wave of course

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Strong Sauce posted:

"Trough of Despair"?

Valley of Fears

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Walls of Jericho

I'm sure magic will happen this time, despite it never happening at any time ever that they have personally witnessed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol at running some dweeb that looks and acts like a serial killer against an astronaut and being surprised the astronaut won

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Last Call posted:

you know what I've noticed about all these fucks, they never smile, they're the least happy people on the planet.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Instead of debates I think a town hall thing can be useful with good audience questions. So they’d have to do some screening/vetting to keep the crazies out.

Debating a qanon lunatic who does not reside in reality is a pointless exercise and lots of downside for potential gaffe from the non crazy person.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
:lol: even when they win, they lose

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

priznat posted:

Instead of debates I think a town hall thing can be useful with good audience questions. So they’d have to do some screening/vetting to keep the crazies out.

Debating a qanon lunatic who does not reside in reality is a pointless exercise and lots of downside for potential gaffe from the non crazy person.

this is why i think it was the right call to not debate lake because it would have just given her a bigger platform for her election fraud conspirarcy theories or lead to a fetterman situation where they focus on the democrats gaffes and not the stupid poo poo the republican candidate is saying

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BTW I had to catch up on yesterday's/this morning's cavalcade of Great Trump Lol Moments, and I got to wondering whether there was a site you could load up and it would just serve you a randomized TRUMP LOL from the bank of thousands

And if not, why not?

trumplol.com appears to be available

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Toxic Mental posted:

trump pardoned him lmao

so instead of making GBS threads on a rimless metal toilet seat for the rest of his life and getting beat up by the same minorities he racially targeted he can coast on his lovely book deal or whatever

Pardoned him before he was even convicted. It was completely hilarious because a journalist asked him if he understood accepting the pardon was a tacit admission he was guilty and Joe was clearly not aware of that fact. He then went on to run for his old job and got blown the gently caress out.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Walls of Jericho

They bring Shofars now, the Jericho March on the Supreme court in December 2020 featured a bunch and Doug "I was at January 6th" Mastriano blew one as part of his announcing himself as a candidate for PA governor.

My friend was at a college football game in New England back in September and some dude near him was blowing the gently caress out of one after every play. That was a weird picture and text to get.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Data Graham posted:

BTW I had to catch up on yesterday's/this morning's cavalcade of Great Trump Lol Moments, and I got to wondering whether there was a site you could load up and it would just serve you a randomized TRUMP LOL from the bank of thousands

And if not, why not?

trumplol.com appears to be available

Maybe Jeffrey can be an angel investor for trumplol.com

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Toxic Mental posted:

Remind me, because I don't quite remember - the "1200% increase" thing is just that they quietly in the ToS in the donation site will charge these gullible idiots 12 months at the same donation level, right? So that the people who think they're donating means they'll get a 1200% match from somewhere but in reality it's just a recurring charge to them every month?

They actually used to claim to MATCH every donation by x00%. I think they might have actually had some legal heat for patently lying because now it's the far vaguer and unprovable "impact increase." The recurring charges issue was separate but more scummy thing I think winred was doing.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 13, 2022

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this is why i think it was the right call to not debate lake because it would have just given her a bigger platform for her election fraud conspirarcy theories or lead to a fetterman situation where they focus on the democrats gaffes and not the stupid poo poo the republican candidate is saying

This. Fetterman could not win that debate, not because hzving to think about his words from a stroke but because Oz is a nutbag. Thank god Fetterman won. I have no clue if they even got to my or my spouses mail in vote (technically my spouse put it in a drop off box because he works near it and I mailed mine in) in Philly before the election was called for Fetterman but I like to think we helped him win.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Cumatross

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Holy poo poo, Garrison seems done with Trump

I never thought that would happen

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

yes eat each other alive you brainsmashed monstrous freaks

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

TulliusCicero posted:

Garrison flips on who's supposed to be good or bad all the time. Give it a week and we'll see Ol' Six-Pack Don again.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

nooneofconsequence posted:

They actually used to claim to MATCH every donation by x00%. I think they might have actually had some legal heat for patently lying because now it's the far vaguer and unprovable "impact increase." The recurring charges issue was separate but more scummy thing I think winred was doing.

Maybe that’s how the impact increases: you donate X amount of dollars to Trump and then it auto-bills your card 12 more times before you notice it and opt out. Bing bong 1200% impact.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

TulliusCicero posted:

Neo_Crimson posted:

Garrison flips on who's supposed to be good or bad all the time. Give it a week and we'll see Ol' Six-Pack Don again.

lol it hasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
An albatross around your neck is a good thing because you see