Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

tacodaemon posted:

good lord how is this airshow crash video real

https://i.imgur.com/2QHUzwq.mp4

oh gently caress now I need more star trek, poo poo this is loving brutal

not your fault tacodaemon, you know I love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I didn't know who ram dass was so I looked him up just now and apparently he's a dude from the 60s who did the whole beatles in india thing and became some kind of guru, so I'm just assuming he was a massive sex criminal

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Virgil Vox posted:

I have one of those, even had the booklet...

That one is cheesy, as are all her records. What's unique about her is that she was an exceptional dancer and got a whole series of records in her name, as well as a couple cookbooks. She built up a brand. And while the records do stuff like use Turkish styled guitars with wa wa pedals, I don't care for them all that much. But the bellydance community is pretty diverse and really good music just keeps coming out.

Incidentally, her daughter is also a dancer and she came on Antiques Road Show to get her mother's outfit appraised and they quoted some puny sum, it was really pathetic.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I didn't know who ram dass was so I looked him up just now and apparently he's a dude from the 60s who did the whole beatles in india thing and became some kind of guru, so I'm just assuming he was a massive sex criminal

probably

Buddhist thought is interesting but again if you just look at the world and know it's there you're pretty much ready to go

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

good lord how is this airshow crash video real

https://i.imgur.com/2QHUzwq.mp4

:911:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sherbert Hoover posted:

no

I mean you are right to draw that superficial connection but I don’t think they gets close to it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

emfive posted:

probably

Buddhist thought is interesting but again if you just look at the world and know it's there you're pretty much ready to go

ram dass is not Buddhist

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol at Fetterman's campaign manager pointedly leaving Lamb out

https://twitter.com/BrendanMcP/status/1591458623602950149

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

petit choux posted:

I thought it was it's every man for himself

it mostly is except, and not everybody knows this but it's true, except for the few men who are not supposed to be for themselves but are are actually for me. it was all organised a while ago, you might have missed it. it's totally all above board

long story short, i expect you to report in monday

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sherbert Hoover posted:

you never heard of baba ram dass before? he was one of the old time acid gurus, hung out with tim leary and poo poo

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

so loving depressing, I need to binge eat and drink

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

euphronius posted:

ram dass is not Buddhist

yea well whatever, 60s poo poo

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

lol I was literally born in 1960

where is byddykins I need to hate poo poo with a friend

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

emfive posted:

just like you

lol

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

dang Toledo just gave its residents a medical debt jubilee

https://twitter.com/colinflanaganOH/status/1590715105209044994

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m sorry emfive you are not 60s poo poo

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

someone sold bernie a bag of shake in 1965 and he never bothered again

many such cases

i didnt feel anything until the second time i smoked it and man i was fuckin gone lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Foo Diddley posted:

you never heard of baba ram dass before? he was one of the old time acid gurus, hung out with tim leary and poo poo

i heard that guy is in hell OP. many people are saying this.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

emfive posted:

probably

LMAO

emfive posted:

:thunk:

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Foo Diddley posted:

so yes

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

euphronius posted:

just like you

lol

I was born like maybe 16 or 17 years after that B17 was built, like closer in time than 9/11 is to now

this is why I want to watch some star trek tonight and find some kind of food to binge on

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

emfive posted:

Everybody thinks about "the Enlightenment" being about "science" but back then "scientist" was not really a word; Newton was a philosopher. The thing is that if you wanted to be a 17th century philosopher, you needed to have your epistemological ducks in a row, because if you couldn't make a case for how you know what you say you know, you're a complete loser and fraud. And they kept trying and failing over and over again, because that is an almost impossible thing to do. Is my monitor on? How do I know? How can I prove that my monitor is on?

Which is why it's every man for himself. You just keep digging yourself further and further.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

are you mocking me Mr Vox, I can't tell

I really love your posts btw

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

emfive posted:

lol I was literally born in 1960

where is byddykins I need to hate poo poo with a friend

i am not technically buddykins but i am drinking my third g&t of the day at 10am sooo... whassup?

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

emfive posted:

I was born like maybe 16 or 17 years after that B17 was built, like closer in time than 9/11 is to now

this is why I want to watch some star trek tonight and find some kind of food to binge on

TOS I assume? First time I saw TOS in 1080p I was so blown away, same with Adam west Batman. The colors are so vibrant!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Slumfrog posted:

i am not technically buddykins but i am drinking my third g&t of the day at 10am sooo... whassup?

meet me in the walk-in ;)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Slumfrog posted:

it mostly is except, and not everybody knows this but it's true, except for the few men who are not supposed to be for themselves but are are actually for me. it was all organised a while ago, you might have missed it. it's totally all above board

long story short, i expect you to report in monday

Now that is a no-nonsense guru!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my brother is almost 60 so I get the vibe

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Based on some quick reading I think I'm still ok because I'm going longer with the lower temp. I'll try going higher this next time anyway though, and see if I've got people just passed out all over the building. I bake for everyone at my job most Wednesdays, and while I sometimes get people saying they aren't stoned it's usually the dabbing crowd and with their tolerance I can't trust anything they say

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
emfive retire bitch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Slumfrog posted:

go to the doctor

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Foo Diddley posted:

meet me in the walk-in ;)

clinic or freezer?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/revhowardarson/status/1591575078416060416

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

RealityWarCriminal posted:

clinic or freezer?

Lol

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

ArmZ posted:

emfive retire bitch

ha ha lol, just today literally I was looking up what income past "retirement" (SS checks) means tax-wise, I am so bored if I'm not doing something I go crazy

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I once had an early edition version of this. Like Zelazny said, only your friends steal your books.

Just found another secondhand copy, so pleased.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I was going to use the restroom at the Starbucks at 2413 Columbia Pike in Arlington today but I walked in and turned around and walked right back out and said a little prayer for whoever has to clean that toilet later

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

as far as I can tell if you make money after 65 they don't care, and in fact if you make a lot of money they might up your SS checks

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

petit choux posted:

I once had an early edition version of this. Like Zelazny said, only your friends steal your books.

Just found another secondhand copy, so pleased.

Oh poo poo I had that, I may still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

tacodaemon posted:

dang Toledo just gave its residents a medical debt jubilee

https://twitter.com/colinflanaganOH/status/1590715105209044994

can someone explain how you can turn $800,000 into $160,000,000?