Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

A problem is that I've seen a lot of solo-host gun things on YouTube, but I don't think I've seen many with negative charisma. Then on top of that, the implication is that "I am going to use this to kill you and your entire family, then I will haul your corpses into my crawlspace cloning lab, consume the half of you that doesn't take, then I shall be sustained until my reelection campaign in 2028. I will also gently caress the gun."

I mean we've had 10+ years of Tea Party/MAGA/Joe Manchin ads of them shooting guns at legislation and stuff, so for Master's ad to come across as :chloe: now to most people is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

lightpole posted:

He gets rapey eyes when he's looking at the gun

There was some rather distinct fondling going on at one point. It was a bit uncomfortable to watch.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yeah the fact that he said made in Germany twice kind of gave me white supremacist vibes, but maybe I'm overthinking it.

He also refers to it as the 007 gun a few times close together, I wonder if he was planning on editing out some and got lazy/forgot, or if he has a fetish for British spies and Germans. I could believe either, to be honest.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Yeah the fact that he said made in Germany twice kind of gave me white supremacist vibes, but maybe I'm overthinking it.

When an American of means seeking power gives off those vibes, you should not, in fact give them the benefit of the doubt.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If he had said at the end of that "now click the link for part 2 where I go shoot my family and then maybe some homeless people" I'd be like... well, fits the vibe I guess.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

I mean we've had 10+ years of Tea Party/MAGA/Joe Manchin ads of them shooting guns at legislation and stuff, so for Master's ad to come across as :chloe: now to most people is pretty funny.
Eh, in this case I think its more "check out this weird almost human talking about his gun" than "omg a politician threatening people with a gun."

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It also isn't the gun Bond carried- wrong caliber.
Bond originally carried a Beretta .25 according right the Flemming novels; in the movies he carried a PPK/S in 32, not .22

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The House of Representatives is going to be hilariously ungovernable.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1591572930575495169

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

it's definitely implied that he's shooting vigilante-style at people who are in the water crossing the border and going to get away with it because he's quietly killing them and doesn't care. Just psycho poo poo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

The House of Representatives is going to be hilariously ungovernable.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1591572930575495169

Lol Cuomo's legacy.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

El Mero Mero posted:

it's definitely implied that he's shooting vigilante-style at people who are in the water crossing the border and going to get away with it because he's quietly killing them and doesn't care. Just psycho poo poo.

I'm not getting any of that. I deal with those nuts on a weekly basis. All I'm getting from this video is "hey I'm a normal dude. Who likes guns. I understand the benefits of suppressors and will work to make them available I'm not coming for your guns. Hey dems see I'm using something reasonable and James bond used it in the movies. Pretty cool huh."

I don't know what other poo poo he runs on but he's not giving me the man I wish I was running a border patrol camp vibes.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

El Mero Mero posted:

Not exactly a lot of water on the border in Arizona.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

McNally posted:

Not exactly a lot of water on the border in Arizona.

Thanks, Obama.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

Probably fair, but Sinema is also a gently caress and with the House potentially being decided by maybe a vote or two, it's likely that Congress overall isn't getting much done that's heavily partisan. Things were hard enough with a five-vote Democratic House lead and the next one is unlikely to be that high for either party!

It’s a slight improvement to gain margin in the Senate at the expense of margin in the House because the Senate has power over appointment and the House does not. Technically also over treaties, but those need two‐thirds and that ain’t happening.

It’s not worth it to lose the whole chamber, granted.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Melthir posted:

I'm not getting any of that. I deal with those nuts on a weekly basis. All I'm getting from this video is "hey I'm a normal dude. Who likes guns. I understand the benefits of suppressors and will work to make them available I'm not coming for your guns. Hey dems see I'm using something reasonable and James bond used it in the movies. Pretty cool huh."

I don't know what other poo poo he runs on but he's not giving me the man I wish I was running a border patrol camp vibes.

He gives me the creeps in a way that is difficult to put into words.

He’s closer to Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men than he is to Karl from InRange.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yeah, exactly this.

Also the camera person was good but wtf was up with the goddamn long as silence (lol) in the video? Like he's not saying a loving thing, why are there so few cuts? Why is it 2 minutes long? Why did he not give more reasons silencers are cool and a speech on why they should be taken off the NFA?

The gently caress was the point of the video?

Masters looks like a villain from an unmade John Carpenter movie.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Aaaaaaand NV-SEN is basically done, since Laxalt was only up by about 1k. Projection I posted earlier expected CCM would get 2.5K net out of Clark County and:

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1591615275652087808

Edit: NBC calls it:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1591615868877799430

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1591615940260761602

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 13, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
drat that unstoppable Red Wave :argh:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I do not believe in the afterlife, but if it does exist, one-eyed Harry Reid is cackling hysterically at the machine he built in Nevada outliving him.

Edit: oh and big thing on GA-SEN still mattering:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1591617953392652289?t=Hurq6ihNb5X_oLx1vAT11g&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 13, 2022

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

I do not believe in the afterlife, but if it does exist, one-eyed Harry Reid is cackling hysterically at the machine he built in Nevada outliving him.

God I can't find it now, but someone made a perfect "You watch the streets, I'll watch the skies" meme with Reid and CCM.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1591433080828530694?t=zyg1E0tAJx-nMoQVYBhGhw&s=19

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

drat that unstoppable Red Wave :argh:

RED TSUNAMI

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Running up the score in the senate would be really important for trying to stuff as many people as they can in to dilute the bullshit that McConnell pulled. They don't have the balls to fix stuff at the SCOTUS level but it's still a really good thing if they manage it.

Totally can't wait for Hunter Biden to get impeached or whatever the gently caress right wing fever swamp bullshit they investigate for the next two years in the house.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

red red whiiiiiiine

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ded posted:

red red whiiiiiiine

Red: dead redemption

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

Seattle Times calls WA-03 for Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (D), a major upset: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/democrat-marie-gluesenkamp-perez-defeats-republican-joe-kent-in-wa-house-race/

quote:

The path to Gluesenkamp Perez’s improbable win started when six-term Republican U.S. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler last year voted to impeach Trump over his role in stoking the violent Jan. 6 , 2021 attack on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters seeking to halt certification of Joe Biden’s win.

Trump took revenge by endorsing Kent, who succeeded in ousting Herrera Beutler in the August primary, but went on to lose what had been considered a safe Republican seat.

Wombot fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 13, 2022

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

donald does it again :chaostrump:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

:stare:

This is most unexpected

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

He's got that magic touch alright.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Looking her up, she’s antifa in populist guise. Seems like a cool person

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

She does! I'm in WA but not in her district, but from listening to other folks it sounds like her campaign was hyper-local and eschewed partisan culture war talking points - almost the exact opposite of Joe Kent.

It really was his race to lose. He's a trumpist, so we'll see if he keeps his word to honor the outcome, but it sounds like she's staying outside the recount margin so hopefully that curtails his appetite for bullshit.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

He's got that magic touch alright.

Truly a kingmaker the party needs to fear and respect

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Is there any chance this kind of poo poo starts them turning on him?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Leave posted:

Probably not until he loses an election for public office and the resulting riot fails to kill enough government officials to change the results again.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Leave posted:

Not likely. Republican voters love Trump, and this was borne out in the primaries. The fact that he's a perennial loser in the general elections isn't going to change that.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Leave posted:

Fox has started to be openly critical and Zyklon Ben is... lol

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Leave posted:

Already has, it’s gonna be hilarious when he gets primaried in 2024 by Desantis and has to decide whether to double down on trashing him during the general election or eat poo poo and support him (or decide to run as a third party and split the republican vote)

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Coasterphreak posted:

Already has, it’s gonna be hilarious when he gets primaried in 2024 by Desantis and has to decide whether to double down on trashing him during the general election or eat poo poo and support him (or decide to run as a third party and split the republican vote)

I'm really hoping that trump runs as a third party and splits the gop.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
His legal problems will force him to run and his ego will force him to run a write in campaign after he loses the primary just to spite the party.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A less competent Ross Perot would be pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Fox has started to be openly critical and Zyklon Ben is... lol

I love how it's less a cartoon and more Charlie Day ranting about the mail