Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hope the Godbert weapons have steps that have Eureka or Bozja as options like how Boz has older content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vermain posted:

I believe this should be more than enough to handle everyone that currently wants a house, as well as have some overflow for future players who'd like to buy in, especially with the addition of the new NA DC. When I did my Ishgard housing survey on Gilgamesh during the last chance saloon (when they opened up the FC-only districts to players), there were about 624 bidders for 247 plots, which is around 377 people who wanted a house but couldn't get one. Even tripling that number still leaves you with a good amount of wiggle room with 1,800 new plots.

Every ONE, sure, but we probably still also have to go against everyone who has an alt that wants a house too

super sweet best pal posted:

I hope the Godbert weapons have steps that have Eureka or Bozja as options like how Boz has older content.

I hope there's Shared EW Fates involved, because I need a boot in my rear end to make me do them

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I finally went and did potd 1-50 after putting it off since..heavensward? gnb is surprisingly decent in there, a lot of debuffs don't land if you have the shield from brutal shell active (including the snare from the floor 50 boss)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

the_steve posted:

Every ONE, sure, but we probably still also have to go against everyone who has an alt that wants a house too

You can buy apartments and FC rooms for your alts, but if you already have a house on one character, you're not allowed to buy one on another character on the same account.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I transferred to Dynamis this week and it's been fun seeing all the first-time homeowners getting all excited. A bit of an adjustment from Primal, though. PvP isn't much of a thing yet, so the queues don't move, and the markets haven't quite found a rhythm yet, but I'm enjoying being on a brand new server and data centre. It's a fresh start and I might finally get an Empyreum house. The FC housing race in December once all the Day 1 companies mature will also be fun to watch.

I probably should have gone to Seraph for the higher population but I'm a big FFVI fan so I went with Maduin and bought an apartment to at least store some of my stuff.

https://twitter.com/RaytheOndore/status/1590809321289703424

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
My favorite thing to happen in Bozja lately.

KoB
May 1, 2009
havent run leveling roulette much on my WAR and got cutters cry, I never realized that you need to be level 50 for Storms Eye but get Mythril tempest at 40. So i need to AOE on bosses to keep my buff up.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hey if it makes you feel better, the aoe didnt use to apply the buff, just extend it so you wouldnt even have the option to turn it on at all before. :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

KoB posted:

havent run leveling roulette much on my WAR and got cutters cry, I never realized that you need to be level 50 for Storms Eye but get Mythril tempest at 40. So i need to AOE on bosses to keep my buff up.

I ju8st did the same dungeon and had the same thought. One of those weird downleveling quirks.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wow a revamp for PLD rotation? But how? Were they any more specific? I assume when they talk about changing some buttons they mean cleaning up some of the buttons that feel a little like detritus left over from past concepts of the game and giving them new effects. I'm pretty jazzed. PLD was a first tanking love, then I found I like DRK's mechanics more, but I am ready to do a Cecil if this rework is cool!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I really hope they take away none of my PLD buttons, I love them all dearly.

The only one I've never actually had a use for in savage raiding is Cover and that's because when there's an opportunity to do something clutch with it I can't remember what I have it hotkeyed to until it's too late.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

They're unlikely to touch the paladin utility/tanking/support buttons. The thing they're changing is the damage buttons because they don't work well with the current 2 minute homogenised burst window.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I haven't read anything at all from the live letter yet, but one thing I'm kinda hoping for PLD rework is a more interweaving of magic and physical damage rather than 2 distinct phases. That or a more natural flow like tying Requirescat to the end of a physical combo or something.

Either way I'm looking forward to it! PLD has always been one of my favorites.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The translation for what Yoshi said about Paladin is "It will fully change" (in regards to it's rotation) So it might be more of a change than some think.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

a full job revamp in the middle of an expansion is a little scary

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

blatman posted:

RIP early Stormblood WAR.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Paladin's been lucky to only get away with minor changes as the years went on, the most drastic ones were the drop from three physical combos to two and the removal of Flash.

I just hope Shield Bash stays, I like having a GCD alternative to Low Blow as a mitigation option.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just wish that they take the time to include a visual on your tank gauge that shows how many stacks of Recquiescat you have left.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
^ that's a good idea.

I went to DRK because I like the feeling of managing MP as an actual resource to be spent in discretionary fashion* whereas in PLD MP is mostly an illusion, spent and recovered on GCD schedule as part of a rotation. I'd be thrilled if they plugged a little bit more of DRK's free-feeling resource management into PLD's overall knight with shield vibe.

*Even if I'm gonna have to homogenize myself and face to burst window if I ever want to git gud

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

As a former PLD main who switched to WAR, PLD has the most strict rotation where a single mistake can gently caress up a lot of your damage, and yet it has the lowest damage of tanks. Not to mention the giant targeting circles also mean the ranged advantage of PLD goes out as well. Honestly I feel fine with reworking them a little.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Wasn't the optimal PLD rotation also slightly longer than one minute (which means you would eventually drifting out of the party buff windows if you didn't adjust)?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Tamba posted:

Wasn't the optimal PLD rotation also slightly longer than one minute (which means you would eventually drifting out of the party buff windows if you didn't adjust)?

Consult the spreadsheets.

The designed rotation is definitely just a bit too long to sync up with raid buffs though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tamba posted:

thats one reason i liked the new 2.5 gcd pld rotation. you actually used all your atonements! you still need to adjust a bit though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

man i really did way too many moogle dailies

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I think they also give more than one nut per daily once you rank them up enough, so the discrepancy might be caused by that moreso

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

free kupo nuts

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Since we're talking PLD changes, does Cover really need a two minute cooldown? I guess you could argue it prevents paladins from popping Intervention on the Cover target and Sheltron on themself at the same time (assuming mitigation can even double up that way) but at that point it might be worth popping a Hallowed Ground instead.

Also, I think Divine Veil's weird on-heal requirement should be removed, just apply the barrier on activation. Having to wait for a GCD or the healer makes it real fiddly.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Turn Paladin into Mystic Knight and let me imbue my blade with magic.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

HackensackBackpack posted:

yoshi p hire this poster

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

blatman posted:

Worked out okay for Ninja in ShB

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Paladin just needs more FFT Swordskills and also Shock

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

blatman posted:

Moee than a little! But suddenly when it's not a healer people actually notice that for some reason.

AST is still staring down the bareel of changes, isn't it? They didn't talk about it, as far as I could tell.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Cleretic posted:

Moee than a little! But suddenly when it's not a healer people actually notice that for some reason.

AST is still staring down the bareel of changes, isn't it? They didn't talk about it, as far as I could tell.

They’ve said it and DRG are going to be changed in 7.0 instead.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

HackensackBackpack posted:

Just let PLDs use SoS WoL's moveset.

Terror Unleashed :getin:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Your god is come snae ling coffee break his whiskers free kupo nuts.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mol?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

when I do those quests I add a little bit like "time for a coffee break!" or "hey do you want some free kupo nuts" because that's the kind of high-quality roleplayer I am

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

If you're not shoehorning the code phrase into a dad joke or a dril tweet, does it really count?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm not so fond of the coffee break because it's in an instanced area so nobody can see either my terrible joke or my repeated attempts to type it correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Personally, I recommend insulting them with a sentence that includes the phrase the quest needs.