Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Average by Falcom butt standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

iunno adol's rear end is looking pretty hot

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
It sure looks like I missed out on the Trails to Azure Special Edition for the Switch. I got the SE of Trails to Zero, but despite checking fairly regularly I never heard about Azure going up for pre-orders. When did it happen and is there anywhere I could still find it?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

hepcat posted:

It sure looks like I missed out on the Trails to Azure Special Edition for the Switch. I got the SE of Trails to Zero, but despite checking fairly regularly I never heard about Azure going up for pre-orders. When did it happen and is there anywhere I could still find it?

June, double price on ebay after release.
Nisa spams your emails with all their LEs if you sign up btw.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
Thanks for the tip; I'm signed up now.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I've heard of this working before and it's a long shot, but if you email them after release you might be able to buy one of the ones that got declined for payment. Not sure on the best time frame for it though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

They might also have spare stock from people like me who drunkenly pre-ordered the drat thing twice a month apart and only realised just before shipments were going out.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
I can't believe I missed the timing for it too. I was relying on this thread and other sources to call it out and just completely missed it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was going to mention it when it was present on the EU store but first I checked the NA one to make sure things were the same and it wasn't there, so I shrugged and guessed it was different pre-order time windows.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I dropped Cold Steel 3 when I saw the references and stuff to crossbell characters and whatnot so it was great to finally pick up Zero. I really enjoyed my time with it. Being able to play in the classic Sky style of gameplay was nice too. I'm really excited for Azure and then I'll be able to pick up CS3 again.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I've started the Garghav trilogy. Is the game meant to seem so floaty during normal movement? Or is my Vita hosed?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

I've started the Garghav trilogy. Is the game meant to seem so floaty during normal movement? Or is my Vita hosed?

No clue what floaty means, it should just look and move like a less quality version of sky.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MythosDragon posted:

No clue what floaty means, it should just look and move like a less quality version of sky.

Basically how if you walk towards an interactive character it seems to collision detect and make you face either side of them at random?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

Basically how if you walk towards an interactive character it seems to collision detect and make you face either side of them at random?

oooooh
thats normal
I grew up when that kind of thing was in every other game, so I would never have guessed lol.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean I've been playing since the early 90s and this is the worst I've seen it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1597718797955125248?s=20&t=EESV2bSc7NV7UAaOcOdkZA

Trails games are on sale, but them now and you might have enough time to be caught up for Reverie

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm good. i'm gonna stop after azure probably. i will have to savor that one

at least until Kuro

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://youtu.be/RXju9Rftxbw

The anime might be…okay?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Campanella shows up? I'm sold.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I’m guessing more named characters are going to die in the anime than in every trails game combined

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1599856134948589581?t=dVfcR5xvPOatWMZKbke3vg&s=19

English VAs for Class 7

Can’t say I’m not a little disappointed that Marisha Ray isn’t reprising Laura’s role, but by the end of CS4 I got used to Heather Gonzalez, and maybe with another game she can find her voice

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SgtSteel91 posted:

Can’t say I’m not a little disappointed that Marisha Ray isn’t reprising Laura’s role, but by the end of CS4 I got used to Heather Gonzalez, and maybe with another game she can find her voice

It's curious Ray didn't reprise the role since she's not exactly prolific as a VA. Maybe too busy with her D&D stuff.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They may have felt it'd look like a huge dick move to get Heather because of whatever reason kept Marisha busy, only to cut her in the very next game (which it totally would be even if I prefer the latter).

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

SgtSteel91 posted:

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1599856134948589581?t=dVfcR5xvPOatWMZKbke3vg&s=19

English VAs for Class 7

Wait, why isn't Crow listed?

Anyhow, the various VA changes we took in CS3 and 4 were sad, but somewhere there's a universe where Rean, Sara, Machias, and Fie were recast instead and I like to think that world is now covered in nuclear fallout.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

Wait, why isn't Crow listed?

he's dead again

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/nisamerica/status/1600218523183169537?s=46&t=-3CUsc4O-LtGPNSJ8muBrA

Crow still MIA

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Oh, Max is back as McBurn so there goes my logic.

They should give that guy who played him in IV a role in Kuro or something though, he didn't sound too bad

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 7, 2022

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, I guess Marisha Ray retired from voice acting or is still too busy with Critical Roll

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Hey, did you know Xanadu Next is a loving train wreck? Well, it is. At least it's probably a short one from what I'm seeing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

secretly best girl posted:

Hey, did you know Xanadu Next is a loving train wreck? Well, it is. At least it's probably a short one from what I'm seeing.
I don't really know what Falcom was going for with that game.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

secretly best girl posted:

I got pretty far into it then put it down and forgot to pick it back up.

I'm fine not doing so, my backlog is already hell.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

that's literally one of my favourite falcom games, where's the train wreck at

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It's a mash-up of a lot of systems that seem to punish experimentation, in a game which is doing some early-RE style "speed through the game/save as little as possible" ranking systems, wrapped inside what is easily one of the most ill-featured PC ports XSEED released during their time with Falcom. I know the Sky games all had some slightly funky wrapping for controllers, this is that but 10x worse. I can't find a single way to bind this game's controls where I'm not using the DS4 touchpad as a mouse and triggers as cursors just to shop.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i'll give you that the port is pretty meh (i just sit at my desk so i can whip out the mouse whenever if needed lol) but i really didn't experience any of those other issues. i didn't even know the game had a ranking system. i played it once and had a great time!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/ys-x-nordics-announced-for-ps5-ps4-and-switch

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/ys-memoire-the-oath-in-felghana-announced-for-switch

Ys X announced and Oath in Felghana coming to Switch. Letting Adol be the captain of and sail a boat in Ys X sounds like a really terrible idea, like becoming a helicopter pilot in the Resident Evil universe. Bad things can only happen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So hype for Ys

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Letting Adol be the captain of and sail a boat in Ys X sounds like a really terrible idea, like becoming a helicopter pilot in the Resident Evil universe. Bad things can only happen.

Maybe all those boats only crashed because Adol wasn't the captain? Makes you think :thunk:

Oh, who are we kidding. It's gonna capsize halfway through the story and/or crash into a mysterious island.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Why is the UI half way down the right side of the screen in those shots? Who put that there?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It movable you can just grab it and put it wherever you like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
I got confronted on the Coldsteel 2 LP thread about my play habits, and I'm having trouble trying to put into words "I don't play Kiseki for the gameplay, I play it because I want to watch Naruto".