Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lid posted:

Why did we stop at the first 5

998. Long hair.
999. The word "belt".
1000. Armbar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Vandar posted:

I agree with number eleven on his list.

The only thing I can fault him for on that one is that it should have been the first thing he listed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Funnily enough if we ignore women's belts and ROH New Japan only has 3 more belts than AEW right now, the new TV titles and the JR single/tag title. Now if we include ROH than whelp AEW/ROH has way more

Is two more titles really that many more if you compare AEW/ROH vs New Japan? New Japan has 11 belt titles + KOPW for 12, ROH/AEW has 14 including FTW.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was very confused how you got to this number before I went to wikipedia and saw you were including the American and Women's belts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SG Bamboo posted:

I was very confused how you got to this number before I went to wikipedia and saw you were including the American and Women's belts

I should have done it honestly and counted NJPW + STARDOM + STRONG if we're counting ROH because AEW and ROH are separate companies!

But I can't count that high.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Are they? I though ROH was still just another brand on AEW tv at the moment

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SG Bamboo posted:

Are they? I though ROH was still just another brand on AEW tv at the moment

Yes, Tony bought ROH as a separate company it is not owned by AEW.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MassRafTer posted:

Yes, Tony bought ROH as a separate company it is not owned by AEW.

Ah, so like when Vince bought ECW. Gotcha

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SG Bamboo posted:

Ah, so like when Vince bought ECW. Gotcha

Not like that at all. You don't got it.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

1glitch0 posted:

Not like that at all. You don't got it.

Fair enough. ECW had it's own tv show, so it's way more of a separate company

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SG Bamboo posted:

Took Vince 2+ years to run his first ECW PPV after the purchase and Tony managed to run his first ROH PPV before his purchase was even finalized so he's way ahead of Vince.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MassRafTer posted:

Took Vince 2+ years to run his first ECW PPV after the purchase and Tony managed to run his first ROH PPV before his purchase was even finalized so he's way ahead of Vince.

I think I've mentioned it in this thread before, but Tony is fishing for a TV deal for ROH. The inclusion of ROH stuff on AEW TV and PPVs has been to pitch that ROH has demand too.
Though he's also talked about how big of a get ROH was for their library of old matches as content for when he has an AEW digital streaming service, so I can see where it also feels like he's marrying the two products.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Coolness Averted posted:

I think I've mentioned it in this thread before, but Tony is fishing for a TV deal for ROH. The inclusion of ROH stuff on AEW TV and PPVs has been to pitch that ROH has demand too.
Though he's also talked about how big of a get ROH was for their library of old matches as content for when he has an AEW digital streaming service, so I can see where it also feels like he's marrying the two products.

he married them and hes gonna make them kiss and its loving gross

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

it didn't have tv before tony bought it and they haven't missed a ppv yet. also the titles didn't get deactivated for years.

so really it's a separate company like ROH was last year, but it's featured all the time on AEW like Impact/NWA were a couple years ago. nothing like WWECW.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Daddy Khan owns (part?) of AEW, ROH is purestrain Tony

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I always thought that while Tony owns both AEW and ROH he wants to have them as separate companies that can occasionally do crossover stuff, and the reason that ROH stuff is featured fairly regularly on AEW is to keep it in the public eye until they can get their own TV deal. I see it more as one company doing another company a favour than what WWECW was which was WWE trying to capitalise on the nostalgia buzz that the One Night Stand shows had created and then making ECW into the third WWE brand.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all good points. but Tony didn't own ROH until early this year, and AEW did not exist until January 1 2019, yet you always thought those things?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Brian Cage was rehired by AEW when Tony planned to use him for RoH. I'm sure they're structured as two separate companies but when the one pays the other's employees I wonder quite how much that means. But as neither is publicly traded it's not really an issue.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
love finding new Guys

https://twitter.com/BrianCharles100/status/1591516295610372096
https://twitter.com/BrianCharles100/status/1591696162817740800
https://twitter.com/BrianCharles100/status/1591825086759436288
https://twitter.com/BrianCharles100/status/1590516192292134912

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's not even a fully formed idea here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I was very sad this guy blocked me after coming after my journalism credentials.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

His pinned tweet is something else

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mike Mondo reply guys are the best.

https://twitter.com/DemondDoes/status/1591047178075918338

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

TV Zombie posted:

Lol, it really is. Kenny bit himself to frame Ace Steel, it's worth investigating!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Lol, it really is. Kenny bit himself to frame Ace Steel, it's worth investigating!

A second set of jaws on the grassy knoll

Grass Ynoll to debut on NXT next week.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

At least AEW fired Cody and has hidden Frankie Kazarian because they were pushing “smoking cigars” on AEW’s unsuspecting young audience.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

what a take

https://twitter.com/BrianCharles100/status/1571552471788716032?s=20&t=tBTHKqjDcXOaKIFYN11kbA

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

"back, and to the left"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

There is a chance he sincerely thinks this is a valid argument and it makes me very sad

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I constantly flip back and forth between being greatly amused that people can be that stupid and greatly saddened that I have to share a world with them

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Mike Mondo reply guys

"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn" Destroyed as the saddest, shortest story

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn" Destroyed as the saddest, shortest story

What if I told you the story is even sadder than you realized?

Here is he MSG show Mike Mondo main evented:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=7940

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

mooseinfants posted:

I constantly flip back and forth between being greatly amused that people can be that stupid and greatly saddened that I have to share a world with them

To co-opt a Carlin bit: imagine how stupid the average wrestling fan is and then realize half of them are dumber than that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

lmao whoa baby

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

suoer crazy and chris masters get 2 minutes! drat thats a gotta be a banger

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

He's no Matt Taven

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1591953410542407680?s=20&t=tBH01GdeE9o-2rg1-MRn-A

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr. Squishy posted:

Few even think to ask the question. :colbert:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This isn't a bad opinion. PPVs being on Saturdays now mean that they're on during the weekend in countries like Australia which means I don't have to book time off to watch the Royal Rumble live!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Hoss Corncave posted:

I always thought that while Tony owns both AEW and ROH he wants to have them as separate companies that can occasionally do crossover stuff, and the reason that ROH stuff is featured fairly regularly on AEW is to keep it in the public eye until they can get their own TV deal. I see it more as one company doing another company a favour than what WWECW was which was WWE trying to capitalise on the nostalgia buzz that the One Night Stand shows had created and then making ECW into the third WWE brand.
ROH also had a de facto home in Impact in the small window between everyone getting released from ROH and TK buying it. They were doing the same thing AEW is currently doing with the belts (though they didn't have all of them). Honor No More was the heel stable that stuck around after the buyout while TK was still collecting contracts.