Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

IronicDongz posted:

something I noticed while making this(and a few times earlier) is that in some artwork, Mightyena's nose is black, like the one used here. But most of the time it's red, including the original gen 3 sprites.
what's up with that, where does this black-nosed mightyena art come from

Late reply but a decent chunk of gen 3 mons went through some colour changes, like Mightyena having a black nose early on, or Zangoose having purple claws to match seviper's purple scars in early art before being replaced with black ones, or Kecleon having different shades of green, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Is there a place to spend BP for poo poo in the game since there's no battle tower? I've got hundreds and hundreds of points of that poo poo sitting in bank waiting for a new game to dump them into.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is there a place to spend BP for poo poo in the game since there's no battle tower? I've got hundreds and hundreds of points of that poo poo sitting in bank waiting for a new game to dump them into.

Yes absolutely. The towns all have shops specifically for it and thankfully a lot of rare stuff like mints for example is a lot more accessible this time around.

BabyRyoga posted:

Finished main story.

Out of curiosity can you transfer mons between games using home or is trade strictly required? I'd like to use two starters in my first playthrough and am willing to buy two games to do it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Flopsy posted:

Yes absolutely. The towns all have shops specifically for it and thankfully a lot of rare stuff like mints for example is a lot more accessible this time around.
how do you acquire it in this game? like you can spend it but with no Battle Tower, what, is it a reward for the postgame tournaments?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Flopsy posted:

Out of curiosity can you transfer mons between games using home or is trade strictly required? I'd like to use two starters in my first playthrough and am willing to buy two games to do it.

I think they mean is there a thing like for Sword/Shield where you can send BP to the game from Home and then use it to buy stuff.

They won't implement Home connectivity for several months. They always wait a few months before adding it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hammerite posted:

I think they mean is there a thing like for Sword/Shield where you can send BP to the game from Home and then use it to buy stuff.

They won't implement Home connectivity for several months. They always wait a few months before adding it.

Not what I meant at all, the answered my question right on!

I was wondering if there was BP in game at all since there's no battle tower, because I've got a lot spare and sitting around.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Seen screenshots of shops selling mints, ability capsules, bottle caps and so on.

They weren't super expensive either (iirc mints were 20,000, ability capsules 100,000), although I haven't played the game so for all I know money is less plentiful than it was in previous games

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

can you guess my favorite gen

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

about as well as one can guess my favorite type from my chart

gen 7 is real fuckin good

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

indigi posted:

gen 1

butterfree, is an amazing, poke mon
butterfree, is an amazing, poke mon

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hammerite posted:

In that case could I kindly ask someone who got an early copy to breed a sprigatito for me? I don't care about stats or nature or anything really I just want that for a grass type.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Larryb posted:

Also the game does have some kind of fast travel mechanic like the previous entries right?

yeah you can fly to any poke center (and certain other landmarks) you've found right from the start of the game

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

An Actual Princess posted:

yeah you can fly to any poke center (and certain other landmarks) you've found right from the start of the game

is that like the corviknight taxi

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ya

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

indigi posted:

is that like the corviknight taxi

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
aw gently caress that means you have to fly Iberia Airlines and I don'/t wish that on even my worst enemies

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hahaha that loving rules

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

kinda hosed up that the giant raven that’s made of metal and like six feet tall has predators, especially that it’s the little pixie that loves it’s hammer a lot.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Last Celebration posted:

kinda hosed up that the giant raven that’s made of metal and like six feet tall has predators, especially that it’s the little pixie that loves it’s hammer a lot.

The Pokemon ecosystem is wild.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
starting up PLA on my new switch to give myself save data so i can get the cool phone case in SV, and i have to say, I still love the fact that this game is an isekai. Its just so loving buckwild for that to be the premise of a pokemon game

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Story spoiler for rival’s team:

Nemona uses Lycanroc, Pawmot, Goodra, Orthworm, Dudunsparce, and the starter weak to yours.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 13, 2022

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

List of version exclusives, minus paradox pokemon

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Glad I won’t have any overlap with Nemona’s picks. :)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I'm leaning towards Scarlet and my one complaint is that Koraidon's type coverage overlaps one of the starters, and Miraidon's doesn't!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Pokemon ecosystem is wild.

And hilarious. Like the sapient mangosteen that lives in eternal terror that gets ignored because everyone thinks it's just being cute.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

This does not help my decision at all.

Motherfucker :(

Edit: Just looked up the paradox pokemon. Guess I'm getting Violet because the paradox mons there are cooler.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 13, 2022

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I just want to see hairstyles. Hairstyles and hats.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

I just want to see hairstyles. Hairstyles and hats.

Same.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
sure why not

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Hairstyles, I think:
Spoilers?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBUCwxzOiPE

E: More at salon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDYxudJ4g74

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The version ecclusive list confused me for a moment since it lists tyranitar for scarlet and misdreavus as violet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

The version ecclusive list confused me for a moment since it lists tyranitar for scarlet and misdreavus as violet.
Yeah I noticed the trick that's cross-versions get paradoxes of normal lines that are in the other versions.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I swear I always pick before exclusives are revealed and there are certain pokemon that I am just cursed never to have available.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
YESSSSSS

Item/mechanics spoiler

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Those are super cute and I'm so happy to see so many of the short hair styles aren't gender locked!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Nanigans posted:

Story spoiler for rival’s team:

Nemona uses Lycanroc, Pawmot, Goodra, Orthworm, Dudunsparce, and the starter weak to yours.

Does the game do that thing they sometimes do where the third starter is given to you at some point late on? I want to play with the grass and the water starter, so I need to get someone to trade to me whichever of those I don't choose. If you get the third starter, then I guess in order for the third to be the fire starter I need to choose grass and have someone trade me the duck?

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
I'm not really too bothered about version exclusives now that online trading makes it super easy to get the ones you need from the opposite version so I was going to get Violet since I just like purple better than red. But then they bamboozled me with version exclusive professors where I like the Scarlet one better so idk. I guess I'll learn to make do with daddy Turo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is the raid team AI as frustrating as the swish raids were?