Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I hate cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

these automobiles are everywhere, like pigeon poo poo

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

thinking of renaming the thread to automotive insanity. because car culture, folks... it's freaking insane

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

so many people choosing to spend their weekend in their car driving around. miserable stuff.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
gently caress cars and the people who drive them

https://komonews.com/news/local/police-investigating-shooting-renton-washington-state-patrol-rainer-ave-grady-way

quote:

RENTON, Wash. — Washington State Patrol (WSP) is currently investigating a shooting in Renton that injured a child.

The shooting happened near Rainier Avenue South and South Grady Way just after 2:30 p.m. Friday. WSP said a 9-year-old boy was shot in a road rage incident and is suffering life threatening injuries.

“He was struck once in the mouth and once in the upper chest,” said WSP Lt. Chris Noll. “The child has two separate wounds but we're not sure if it's from the same bullet or two separate bullets."

The boy is in critical condition and is being treated at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, WSP said.
Two vehicles were traveling northbound on SR 167 approaching I-405, when they stopped at the intersection of South Grady Way and Rainier Avenue South.

WSP said that's when the driver of the victim's vehicle, a Dodge Durango, got out of their car and approached the suspect's dark blue Ford Mustang. The driver of the Mustang then fired into the victim's vehicle and hit the child.

"The suspect shot into the car on the driver's side and it ricocheted through and hit his son who was in the passenger seat," said Arun Vaidyanathan, who works at Brotherton Cadillac where the father of the child stopped for help after driving away from the shooter. "We got a first aid kit and one of our salespersons who's trained administered first aid until the medics and the police came."

It's still unclear the circumstances leading up to the shooting, although Lt. Noll said it appears the two vehicles may have made contact while still on the highway prior to the shooting.

Late Friday night, State Patrol released a photo of the Ford Mustang involved in the incident. It is a convertible with white writing on the lower part of the front windshield. It may have been driving erratically or been involved in a collision between Kent and Renton just before 2:40 p.m. Investigators are looking for witnesses or anyone who may have photos or video that could assist them in this case.

In addition to the boy who was wounded, Vaidyanathan said there were two other children in the back seat who were not hurt but clearly shaken.

The driver of the suspect vehicle left the scene and troopers are still searching for the person. The Ford Mustang was last seen heading east on SW Grady Way toward Carr Street.

Although the boy is seriously wounded, he is in stable condition. The early medical attention he received from the staff at the car dealership may have prevent a worse situation.

"Renton police said it probably made a huge difference," Vaidyanathan said about his coworker’s quick actions. "She was able to apply pressure to the wound right away.”

KOMO News is working to learn more.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

is is literally a soviet superblock. we talked about early in this thread. pretty cool

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

love to start poo poo with strangers in traffic with my children in the car in a country with more guns than people

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/jaketropolis/status/1591586322678190081?cxt=HHwWgsDUif7UuZYsAAAA

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

love to start poo poo with strangers in traffic with my children in the car in a country with more guns than people

Remember the DUBS craze? Putting twenty inch wheels on cars? Because 20" wheels are so ridiculous?

Those are 22"

Apr 7, 2003

Within my adult lifetime there was a moral panic about lazy black men putting 20" wheels on their cars instead of paying for their kids or whatever and now you can buy them straight from Chrysler.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They used to go on about spinners too. IT'S SO DANGEROUS.

Also love to whine about blasting music. Now the same whiners all ride around with their mufflers enloudened

Apr 7, 2003

Just another day in America

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

when driving it is important to leave plenty of following distance between yourself and the next car

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

lobster shirt posted:

when driving it is important to leave plenty of following distance between yourself and the next car

yeah, it's important so that someone can get in that gap and brake check you.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

when that happens i simply decrease my speed to allow for a safe followin distance to be regained

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

jetz0r posted:

yeah, it's important so that someone can get in that gap and brake check you.

nah if you continue to leave a big enough gap you can get a situation where all the tailgaters are brake checking each other and it's loads of fun to cruise 50 meters behind and watch and laugh at the morons

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I must pass you because it is critical that I be tailgating the car in front of you instead of tailgating you.

Apr 7, 2003

Lol sure why not

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I gotta admit. I was impressed by this one.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
took me a minute but you can see on the tree where it hit and scraped off the bark. impressed by the tree's survival on that.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1591903774062288897?s=20&t=bh_8wZXzKfXSlmlPGNNzMA

Computers won’t save your precious cars.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
https://twitter.com/AmericanFietser/status/1591124765049507840

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

Lol, that ute has probably $2000 of mud tires on too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CopperHound posted:

I gotta admit. I was impressed by this one.

Someone did this to a house while drunk in one of my former towns. Killed a kid too.

You're not even safe in your own home from cars lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it's the car's house! it's supposed to be there!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Someone did this to a house while drunk in one of my former towns. Killed a kid too.

You're not even safe in your own home from cars lol

Would most places even let you install bollards in your yard?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

I heard growing up that those brick mailboxes were being taken out because of lawsuits from people who crashed into them but at this point I think they're a great idea. Honestly though you could always plant more trees. Toss a couple boulders in there til they get sufficiently big to slow a 10000 pound electric truck

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Epic High Five posted:

You mean a fence?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
In 1970 four teenagers on the cusp of graduation died in my front yard when they crashed their car into a tree after failing to negotiate a turn

500excf type r has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Nov 14, 2022

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

500excf type r posted:

You mean a fence?

Fence does not defeat car

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Actually just three, the fourth died on the way to the hospital

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Fence does not defeat car

Build it stronger, a fence made of bollards is still a fence

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

took me a minute but you can see on the tree where it hit and scraped off the bark. impressed by the tree's survival on that.

hate cars. hug trees

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

500excf type r posted:

In 1970 four teenagers on the cusp of graduation died in my front yard when they crashed their car into a tree after failing to negotiate a turn

The tree rejected their offer.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah turns aren’t really a negotiation IMO.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

[yearningly] chairman kim,

https://twitter.com/queens_parents/status/1591285926285742082

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

You don't have to worry about hitting barriers like that if you're good at driving

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Blockade posted:

You don't have to worry about hitting barriers like that if you're good at driving
The entire field of traffic engineering is built on the axiom that people are not good at driving.

Those jersey barriers are like the bumpers in bowling lane gutters.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

lol, coward locked her replies

talk poo poo, git hit (by a life saving bollard)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Greatbacon posted:

lol, coward locked her replies

talk poo poo, git hit (by a life saving bollard)

Quote tweet mocking them because you know they're still reading those notifications and crying.