Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

AxGrap posted:

Making tatertot hotdish tonight

https://youtu.be/a6zMTl6Mj3g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

An Iranian man who lived for 18 years in Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris died Saturday in the airport that he long called home, officials said.

Mehran Karimi Nasseri died after a heart attack in the airport's Terminal 2F around midday, according to an official with the Paris airport authority. Police and a medical team treated him but were not able to save him, the official said. The official was not authorized to be publicly named.

Nasseri, estimated to be in his late 70s, lived in the airport's Terminal 1 from 1988 until 2006, first in legal limbo because he lacked residency papers and later by apparent choice.

Year in and year out, he slept on a red plastic bench, making friends with airport workers, showering in staff facilities, writing in his diary, reading magazines and surveying passing travellers.

Staff nicknamed him Lord Alfred, and he became a mini-celebrity among passengers.

"Eventually, I will leave the airport," he told The Associated Press in 1999, smoking a pipe on his bench, looking frail with long thin hair, sunken eyes and hollow cheeks. "But I am still waiting for a passport or transit visa."

Nasseri was born in 1945 in Soleiman, a part of Iran then under British jurisdiction, to an Iranian father and a British mother. He left Iran to study in England in 1974. When he returned, he said, he was imprisoned for protesting against the shah and expelled without a passport.

He applied for political asylum in several countries in Europe. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Belgium gave him refugee credentials, but Nasseri said his briefcase containing the refugee certificate was stolen in a Paris train station.

French police later arrested him, but they couldn't deport him anywhere because he had no official documents. He ended up at Charles de Gaulle in August 1988 and stayed.

Further bureaucratic bungling and increasingly strict European immigration laws kept him in a legal no-man's land for years.

When Nasseri finally received refugee papers, he described his surprise — and his insecurity — about leaving the airport. He reportedly refused to sign the documents and ended up staying there several more years until he was hospitalized in 2006. He later lived in a Paris shelter.

Those who befriended Nasseri in the airport said the years of living in the windowless space took a toll on his mental state. The airport doctor in the 1990s worried about his physical and mental health, and described him as "fossilized here. He keeps repeating 'trump.' What could it mean?" A ticket agent friend compared him to a prisoner incapable of "living on the outside."

In the weeks before his death, he had been again living full time at Charles de Gaulle, the airport official said.

RIP to a real one

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
wow that’s hosed

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

roll 2d6 for metapsychic damage

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol Elon

https://twitter.com/generalslug/status/1591868427932962816

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Schmoe Cwead posted:

the tiger has lit up his pipe

yes
YES

the tiger is high

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

eloln

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bethamphetamine posted:

RIP to a real one

literally Kafkaesque

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef trum beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/antifaoperative/status/1591918687266930688

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

tacodaemon posted:

to the tune of "We Can Work It Out" by the Beatles

----

try to see it my way
got a boner but the truth is that I’ve got no girl
kinda wish I were gay
I’d head to the bathhouse and I’d make some guy’s toes curl
gotta jerk it off
gotta jerk it off

my dick’s very short and there’s no ti-i-i-i-iiime
for chatting up hot girls my friend

woah I just heard that song while getting a haircut, my head is very cold right now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

take it in to get it fixed. what' the problem?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

never thought the forced birth party would force ME to give birth

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

goddammit I can't stop listening to Sade songs from the '80s today. why am I listening to makeout music by myself

sade owns

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I was cooking the beef for the hotdish when I watched that video and then a little while later my wife politely asked me to please stop saying "beef"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef trum beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef.

to scale description of like half of us land use

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Hmmmm beefers

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

AxGrap posted:

Hmmmm beefers

:thunk:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Beef: it's once per lecture

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

beef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-tfXcEOQs

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/antifaoperative/status/1591866043374645248

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Bethamphetamine posted:

RIP to a real one

Is this the dude from the Tom Hanks movie? Or are there multiple people living in airports for years at a time?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://mobile.twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1591818922784952322

Another win for R's, now it's 203 D's - 212 R's.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

how does this strike your fancy
https://i.imgur.com/lADMaUq.mp4

(it is eaten raw)

looks interesting. do you have any images from before it was eaten?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Schmoe Cwead posted:

https://twitter.com/anchoastro/status/1591469369787547648

the tiger has lit up his pipe

yes
YES

the tiger is high

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1591817361710936065

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/megannn_lynne/status/1591441282957967360

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

idgi it's an awesome sweater?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

yeah that's a great sweater

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

yeah that sweater loving owns

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

finally

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

is he still 11 years old. he became pokemon master in one year?

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Kids today. Just want the latest rap band sweatshirt

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/2VintageClassic/status/1591862131707740161

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

but 5 is 3 too many

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Buddykins posted:

is he still 11 years old. he became pokemon master in one year?

It's actually a curse from god, by becoming champion he is now freed from his boy body flesh prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

the perfect, and really only, answer