Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

"Abuse" = "do his job" apparently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I literally get this same schoolyard "presuppose the frame" poo poo from loving teenagers on Discord.

And they're better at it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kazil posted:

How do you even get to $400 per lunch served? Caviar and dinosaur steaks?

Serve sushi on naked people. Open kimono is a lifestyle.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

This is like the owner of the Triangle Shirtwaist company mocking the fire marshal when he shows up and asks why there are chains on the doors and being indignant when someone points out that he's the loving fire marshal.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Can't wait for Musk's January 6th moment

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

flubber nuts posted:

lmao this cant be real

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

"I have a new black metal band"
"Really? Whats it called?"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is this the bio mom, or the step mom that is also his step sis?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Twitter office in SF has turnstiles to enter, so the badge records are probably accurate. You could get to $400/meal by cooking buffet-style and having a lot of it go to waste, not that I trust any of Musk’s analysis.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Subjunctive posted:

The Twitter office in SF has turnstiles to enter, so the badge records are probably accurate. You could get to $400/meal by cooking buffet-style and having a lot of it go to waste, not that I trust any of Musk’s analysis.

He's probably just as dumb about financial records as he is about software engineering. He found a line item for T&E at Twitter for the whole year which includes executive dinners with advertisers and other high-value partners and assigned this all to Twitter employees eating caviar every day at the SF office. There are no finance executives left to explain to him what each line item means and includes.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 14, 2022

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

repiv posted:

a fun thing about the tesla games is they let you use the wheel as a controller while stationary, but it's still linked to the physical wheels, so you grind up your tyres by turning them on the spot as you play

need a video of this in action asap

e:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Do you think Twitters christmas party this year is going to be either very dismal and barebones, or will Elon throw a lavish fete for remaining employees to make it seem like things totally aren't in the shitter?

Whoever gets Musk for their white elephant pick is going to have a lot of weight on their shoulders (just poo poo in a box and wrap it up real nice)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
muskrat : lol nintendo Wii waggling!

also muskrats : *turns wheel 360 to get through mobile game menu*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Butcher posted:

Also the doors are chainedhandcuffed closed during mandatory work hours. The fire marshal isn't happy about this, but what are rules to a God?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
found one!!!

https://youtu.be/Up0ToMV-k1k

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

I would normally say a Twitter mass walkout protest would be a Mueller trusting Liberal pipe dream but its starting to seem like a possibility

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

kazil posted:

How do you even get to $400 per lunch served? Caviar and dinosaur steaks?

Maybe Elon slashed staffing only on the technical side and not the support side so there's a kitchen set up with the staffing and supplies to handle 400 people for lunch but only 10 are showing up these days because all the other programmers were fired.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MasterSitsu posted:

I would normally say a Twitter mass walkout protest would be a Mueller trusting Liberal pipe dream but its starting to seem like a possibility

There are employees on visas, so that would be tough. I think rather than a walkout, he’ll just be bleeding employees, who will use their unlimited PTO to go to job interviews and such.

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of you are putting way more thought into how Musk came up with the food catering cost figures than he did.

He pulled the figures out of his rear end. That's it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
am I too late for open kimono chat?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Do you think Twitters christmas party this year is going to be either very dismal and barebones, or will Elon throw a lavish fete for remaining employees to make it seem like things totally aren't in the shitter?

Whoever gets Musk for their white elephant pick is going to have a lot of weight on their shoulders (just poo poo in a box and wrap it up real nice)

oh you know they're working all thru christmas.

probably on some harebrained scheme like fast-track verification for people with bad politics.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

probably on some harebrained scheme like fast-track verification for people with bad politics.

$40/month 'Twitter Red' that gives you two tickmarks and makes you immune to the factcheck addendums.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

yook posted:

Either way, $400 per meal sounds insane and like he’s making poo poo up so he can pretend to be fixing more problems than he’s causing.

It's even more pathetic: he's making poo poo up to pretend that twitter was a complete disaster before he took it over, so it's not his fault that the company is gonna go tits up in under 6 months. If he hadn't been screwed by some unelected liberal judge he wouldn't even have bought it.

"This company was so badly run that they served $400 lunches, of course even the great Elon Musk couldn't save it!!1!"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Klyith posted:

It's even more pathetic: he's making poo poo up to pretend that twitter was a complete disaster before he took it over, so it's not his fault that the company is gonna go tits up in under 6 months. If he hadn't been screwed by some unelected liberal judge he wouldn't even have bought it.

"This company was so badly run that they served $400 lunches, of course even the great Elon Musk couldn't save it!!1!"

ALL the important people quit when god Elon suggested dropping the $400 lunches to $392

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kingo Ligma posted:

Serve sushi on naked people. Open kimono is a lifestyle.

I'd trust Frank and Charlie more than Musk.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

am I too late for open kimono chat?

It's never too late for kimono chat

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

fuctifino posted:

:catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare:

I hate this

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 14, 2022

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Klyith posted:

Seems like a thing you'd want to find out before you spend 44 billion on the site.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

fuctifino posted:

someone find a way to use these kind of images in a coordinated effort to drive elon crazy because it would be funny if AI caused his downfall

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

If anyone wants to tweet any of these images to him, feel free. I've tweeted a few at him

This is rather accurate for 'Fat Sweaty Elon Musk in a see through kimono"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Subjunctive posted:

I worked at Google for like 2 years and they built the entire building just to hold all of us "contractors" (temps, I hate the whole contractor label thing). They had a buffet for lunch every day. It was some of the worst food I've had in my entire life and was and probably the #1 complaint among employees. I didn't complain because I was poor and was just grateful I had free food. But sometimes even a poor rear end in a top hat can't deal with it and I'd go to a teriyaki place for a huge $7-$8 container of teriyaki chicken, rice, and an asian salad.

drat. Now I'm thinking of the teriyaki places that were everywhere in WA and not a single one here. :smith:

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

bingeing on free breakfast then walking to the center of the open floor plan office downing ipecac and spinning 360 degrees while it takes hold

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

ai was a mistake

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Happy Landfill posted:

ai was a mistake

the internet was a mistake

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

fuctifino posted:

the internet was a mistake

AI is needed to save us now that the internet has made us stupid

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

fuctifino posted:

What the gently caress

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

flubber nuts posted:

lmao this cant be real

It’s true, a coworker has a model Y and he had to ban his kid from playing a racing game because he was putting flat spots on the tires and grinding up the garage floor lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

fuctifino posted:

If anyone wants to tweet any of these images to him, feel free. I've tweeted a few at him

This is rather accurate for 'Fat Sweaty Elon Musk in a see through kimono"

amazing there are only 3 hands and not 3 nipples

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

crispix posted:

twitter HQ with musk inside must be like the hell dimension in event horizon

Musk is like Sam Neill's character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

priznat posted:

It’s true, a coworker has a model Y and he had to ban his kid from playing a racing game because he was putting flat spots on the tires and grinding up the garage floor lol

Given the option, I cannot think of anywhere I would want to play videogames less than in my car. Elon watched way too much Pimp My Ride and you cannot convince me otherwise