Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought the bengals oc was bill callahan for the past 3 years but it's brian callahan. i knew that but i didn't know it as well. them sort of things. nepotism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

mcmagic posted:

He’s gonna offer Sean Payton twice what he paid Gruden.

a smart move

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mark Davis doesn’t have twice what he paid John Gruden.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

fartknocker posted:

and there is the frequently speculated financial aspect that Davis may not be able to afford to fire McDaniels and pay for a new coach next season.

Are Derek Carr ($25m this year) and Davante Adams ($23m this year) willing to float Mark Davis the cash to get rid of Josh McDaniels?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I am. Do I write the check out to Hooters directly or???

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I am. Do I write the check out to Hooters directly or???

I can’t believe you want to get rid of a ROCKET SCIENTIST as your OC!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fartknocker posted:

there is the frequently speculated financial aspect that Davis may not be able to afford to fire McDaniels and pay for a new coach

"I'm too poor to keep fixing bad decisions" seems like it could more easily be solved by no longer making bad decisions

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I mean, if not for the refs, the Raiders would be 7-2 right now and be tied for the best record in the AFC. Not sure how a CB holding an arm down isn't DPI, which is what happened both the last two plays of the game.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The international referee-bolshevik conspiracy truly is working overtime to keep down the raiders

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
In a turnabout from the 20s, the rootless metropolitan referees are helping out the group whose reich has just ended in ignominious defeat

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Look you get a chance to get Matt Ryan a w you loving take it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The r-r-r-r-raaaaiiiiderrrss

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The r-r-r-r-raaaaiiiiderrrss

Next Raiders coach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2msmYpNXic

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can't believe the refs allowed Matt Ryan to scramble for 39 yards on them

Nov 6, 2002

Come on, where's that announcement already.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I lust for coaching changes

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MrLogan posted:

I mean, if not for the refs, the Raiders would be 7-2 right now and be tied for the best record in the AFC. Not sure how a CB holding an arm down isn't DPI, which is what happened both the last two plays of the game.

Ah, I was wondering what their real record was, thanks for posting it

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
It's the Wins by Refs Adjusted Record, or WinRAR

Nov 6, 2002

I wonder - at their weekly league meetings in a hidden room in NYC - how the refs decide if they should steal a Jets or a Raiders win each week?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The endorsement of death

https://twitter.com/reviewjournal/status/1592246307317460993

Nov 6, 2002

YES

Nov 6, 2002

Losing to Denver would have to do it? Right?????

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1592253396773441539

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He’s definitely gone now

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/Chubb4President/status/1592252875094511621

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Yea, and he still keeps going to him, which is why McDaniels is safe.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
even if he loses out i still dont think Mcdaniels gets fired. and I doubt he loses out, i mean look at the remaning schedule

@broncos
@seahawks
chargers
@rams
patriots
@steelers
49ers
chiefs

the broncos, rams, and steelers should give them 1 win (at least) and everyone else on there is beatable if they show up at all, including the chiefs who are likely sitting starters that game

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Relentlessboredomm posted:

even if he loses out i still dont think Mcdaniels gets fired. and I doubt he loses out, i mean look at the remaning schedule

@broncos
@seahawks
chargers
@rams
patriots
@steelers
49ers
chiefs

the broncos, rams, and steelers should give them 1 win (at least) and everyone else on there is beatable if they show up at all, including the chiefs who are likely sitting starters that game

The only team they beat there is the Steelers and that’s a coin flip, they got blown out by the Broncos at home

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

The only team they beat there is the Steelers and that’s a coin flip

They’ve already beaten a Denver once and the Rams look absolutely putrid right now. They could sneak another win in as well because football is weird.

Nov 6, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

@broncos
@seahawks
chargers
@rams
patriots
@steelers
49ers
chiefs

I think you are vastly overestimating this Raiders team. Could realistically see them going 2-6 down the stretch, beating only two of the Broncos/Rams/Steelers.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

My bad they beat Denver at home, I don’t have much faith in them doing it on the road though

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
In a vacuum they could probably win 5-6 of those but not in their current state of affairs

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1592272289957306368?s=20&t=o_4-NNt75WDUAcPvekcTFw

https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1592272914996686848?s=20&t=o_4-NNt75WDUAcPvekcTFw

that's right

Nov 6, 2002

gently caress

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

My bad they beat Denver at home, I don’t have much faith in them doing it on the road though

Since then Denver traded away their best pass rusher and the offense is still as bad as ever. The Raiders won by 9, I don’t think being in Denver with a checked out crowd is that big a difference.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Undefeated Head Coach Jeff Saturday

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/1592263345872437248

:hai:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

With any other owner, I'd say he was lying, but Mark Davis might actually be that much of an idiot

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Derek Carr definitely isn't going to be a Raider next year

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm glad he won't fire McDaniels because that means more embarrassing losses are on the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think you are vastly overestimating this Raiders team. Could realistically see them going 2-6 down the stretch, beating only two of the Broncos/Rams/Steelers.

Hell it wouldn't be a shock if they straight up lose out after The Saturday Incident. Although they probably won't just because football is so gloriously unpredictable. Are they going to be favorites in a single one of those games? Maaaaaybe by like 1 point at home vs Pats? The Raiders are in absolute shambles right now (and it owns)