Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

shouldn't we know better than to trust any polls whatsoever by now?

We've scientifically demonstrated that most voters have heard DeSantis' name more recently than Trump's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DeSantis is so much worse than Trump, I really hope he never becomes President.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

maruhkati posted:

drat. Thought it'd take longer than this before we started seeing anything close to it.

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1591816619830960128

Tremendous Content season is back, folks.

:munch:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i guess they didn't need to embed ducklo or bates after all

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Since the dems were going to get destroyed because they were so left (the think pieces were already being published), now thst they've done better than anyone expected surely it means the dem party will move even further to the left, right??

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

shouldn't we know better than to trust any polls whatsoever by now?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Since the dems were going to get destroyed because they were so left (the think pieces were already being published), now thst they've done better than anyone expected surely it means the dem party will move even further to the left, right??

i thought c-spam thought held the democrats would be destroyed because they alienated the left by appealing to republicans.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Zodium posted:

i thought c-spam thought held the democrats would be destroyed because they alienated the left by appealing to republicans.

Yes but the more mainstream position was that the democrats would be destroyed by pandering too much to the left and alienating republicans

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

maruhkati posted:

drat. Thought it'd take longer than this before we started seeing anything close to it.

lmao some qanon chud is going to do the thing

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Zodium posted:

The outcome is pretty interesting as well because of how state dependent it was and you had strong swings one way or another in states adjoining each other.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zodium posted:

cspam thought that the democrats would be destroyed because they're rank incompetents, which was entirely true

it just turns out that the republicans are that as well

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this thread should remain sticky until cspam predicts correctly

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

maruhkati posted:

now put them on the same stage for 30 seconds

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Cerebral Bore posted:

cspam thought that the democrats would be destroyed because they're rank incompetents, which was entirely true

They are incompetent at providing improvements to the daily lives of average Americans, it just that it doesn’t really matter all that much.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Let's never forget that Trump was an anomaly and the Republicans are the people who gladly run bland old weirdos every four years. :mitt:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Stuck with a guy who won his most recent election... a nightmare scenario for the Democratic Party

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Maya Fey posted:

now put them on the same stage for 30 seconds

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Zodium posted:

i was of the opinion that the democrats would be destroyed because they're a comical collection of incompetents

and the democrats did get loving rocked it was great and i can't wait for abrams and co to waste another billion dollars taking runny shits on ballots

sad that the party still exists and wasn't destroyed in a single fabulously cathartic moment of destruction but that was to be expected

Cerebral Bore posted:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

atelier morgan posted:

i was of the opinion that the democrats would be destroyed because they're a comical collection of incompetents

if that's a metric for failure, cspam would've closed at midnight ages ago

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

The Voice of Labor posted:

if that's a metric for failure, cspam would've closed at midnight ages ago

thankfully nobody lets cspam be in charge of anything

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Stuck with a guy who won his most recent election... a nightmare scenario for the Democratic Party

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

maruhkati posted:

loser stink dont wash

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Sherbert Hoover posted:

lmao some qanon chud is going to do the thing

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

anime was right posted:

loser stink dont wash

just means he's a contender for the Democratic nomination

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Trump will get into painting and palling around with Michelle Obama and the libs will fondly remember him as a lovable oaf, especially after Grand Moff DeSantis cancels elections two cycles in a row.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

fuhrer herschel walker will be a sight to behold

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just crunched the numbers and 42% of all votes for Fetterman came from the Philadelphia area, despite the fact that he's a Pittsburgh rear end in a top hat.

I'm sure, going forward, that statewide politicians will spend 42% of their time and their energy in the Philadelphia region, and make sure those voters reap the benefits of their support, with progressive legislation

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just crunched the numbers and 42% of all votes for Fetterman came from the Philadelphia area, despite the fact that he's a Pittsburgh rear end in a top hat.

I'm sure, going forward, that statewide politicians will spend 42% of their time and their energy in the Philadelphia region, and make sure those voters reap the benefits of their support, with progressive legislation
Um, gently caress you, Braddock isn't part of Pittsburgh, it's an independent township.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

The Voice of Labor posted:

fuhrer herschel walker will be a sight to behold

Kurt Vonnegut was a prophet.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Private Cumshoe posted:

I voted early because I still can and I'm a loving sucker for voting lol

It owns so hard.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

MLSM posted:

All American elections are sham elections

so salty

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

PostNouveau posted:

Patrick Maloney kicked a progressive (Mondaire Jones) out of his district so that Maloney could have a safer race, and then lost because he went all-in on agreeing with Republicans that NYC is a Mad Max hellscape.

Meanwhile, in the district Maloney left (the supposedly more difficult one), a progressive got an upset win.

Naturally, the head of the NY Dems is saying AOC cost them a bunch of seats, and the governor agrees with him.

Schumer is backing AOC and the Progressives in that knifefight, it's going to be beautiful.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I remember people got mad about it but the DCCC's strategy of supporting the most godawful Trump lovers in the Republican primary actually worked. Everywhere the DCCC spent money to influence the Republican primary the Republican they supported was too crazy to win a general. It's genuinely surprising that didn't backfire.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Yet with Hillary it was the opposite, and that's what makes her a true leader

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

They're never going to take away your right to vote, they're just going to throw out the wrong ones

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Hillary vanished into the woods November 9th 2016 and never having to give a poo poo about her again was one of the few bright spots of Trump's presidency.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
What does it feel like being Nate Silvers, C-Spam?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Relevant Tangent posted:

Hillary vanished into the woods November 9th 2016 and never having to give a poo poo about her again was one of the few bright spots of Trump's presidency.

rainy clothnill, moderate democrat presidential candidate 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Her not being president is a debt that the world owes to Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Weka posted:

Her not being president is a debt that the world owes to Trump.

2015-2016 was the uniquely greatest era in American politics and it will never happen again