Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

It's already been three years and Elon has been kicking the can down the road every month. I doubt that the cybertruck is going to be mass produced in any real quantity except for photo ops and 'It's right around the corner guys!' type posturing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Elon is just like the Joker

he's a clown that set a giant pile of money on fire

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Dragonstoned posted:

Also, doing it, and I quote, "for the lulz".

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Space Kablooey posted:

So was this rocket supposed to look like this from the beginning or did these people got swindled

The ones building the rocket are the swindlers, they are running a ponzi cryptocurrency for stupid rubes. They are selling the narrative that "after we deliver this big ugly goat statue to elon musk, goatcoin will get tons of publicity and the price will go up uP UP!!! buy goatcoins now so you can 10x your money before it's too late!"

Now on first hearing this you might think "that's insanely stupid, nobody would be dumb enough to fall for that, you must be explaining it wrong".

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Glimm posted:

Tbf the games only work when parked (I think?) and are primarily there for the 45 minute long charging sessions necessary if doing any distance driving

but people have phones? also god forbid people do things away from a god drat computer screen.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Charging employees at the $400 at the cafeteria is how he’s gonna turn Twitter around

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Soggy Muffin posted:

Charging employees at the cafeteria is how he excepts to turn Twitter around

Next he'll remove all the refrigerators from the building to discourage employees from bringing lunch.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

But it was seriously the tackiest loving thing. What does that add to the car? Everything is designed to trick nerds into thinking they'll spend their time having a bunch of "and then everyone stood up and clapped" moments because of their cool car.

I would never own a Model X because of those silly-rear end "falcon wing" rear doors. Sure, they're probably cool the first few times you show them off to friends. But eventually they're just going to fade into the background of life, until they inevitably loving break. Then they're going to ruin your entire day, if not your week or month because you have to take your car in to get the doors fixed, and Tesla service centers sound like they might be backed up worse than Elon himself after his final assault on what remains of the Twitter commissary. All because a standard-rear end sliding door wasn't cool enough.

The guy has some sort of weird sublimated complex about John DeLorean, too. The ripoff gullwing doors on the SUV, building the goofy cyber truck entirely out of stainless steel... it must be part of convincing himself he can't fail the way DeLorean did. Unlike DeLorean, we can only infer his likely stimulant habits, there's no hard public evidence. I wonder if there are less scrupulous federal agents looking back to the '80s and trying to pitch their bosses on an entrapment plot right now.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is the birdsite Xmas party an actual Xmas Party or just a generic "winter holiday party" because if its the latter, Musk WILL do the regressive War on Jesus thing.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 14, 2022

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
The forced bag checks were not working as we found some of you were sneaking in food and pee bottles in your pockets, so there will now be mandatory pat downs at the security checkpoint.

You may get food and water at your designated times. There is no need to pay at the time. Food costs will automatically be removed from your pay.

The PMC guards are allowed to use all compliance measures needed. Do not mess around with this. Code now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

PhazonLink posted:

is the birdsite Xmas party an actual Xmas Party or just a generic "winter holiday party" because if its the latter, Musk WILL do the regressive War on Jesus thing.

Except replace Jesus with Elon

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

bobjr posted:

There's already a few obvious problems with the Cybertruck, but I can't imagine how many more will come out from it.

Just wait until the first person takes it for a swim.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Butcher posted:

The forced bag checks were not working as we found some of you were sneaking in food and pee bottles in your pockets, so there will now be mandatory pat downs at the security checkpoint.

You may get food and water at your designated times. There is no need to pay at the time. Food costs will automatically be removed from your pay.

The PMC guards are allowed to use all compliance measures needed. Do not mess around with this. Code now.

Are you gonna take bathroom usage out of my pay too finally or will I still have to carry around a roll of quarters to unlock the toll-potty's door

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Butcher posted:

Ahh, going the Theranos route

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I didn't watch this video so I'm not sure what the spin is but someone posted the very long one (like an hour) from the it's always sunny podcast earlier in here I think. Glenn Howerton was unable to access his car for like a week or more because it was in a parking garage with no cell phone signal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2aysBLcjtk

If you watched it you would have heard how he was trapped inside the car for over a week, almost died of thirst but he was smart and kept redrinking he’s pee and eating his poop for snacks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thank you Elon for helping reduce waste and save the environment

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Glimm posted:

Tbf the games only work when parked (I think?) and are primarily there for the 45 minute long charging sessions necessary if doing any distance driving

that wasn't the point.

the point is the steering wheel still rotates the tire which grinds that particular part of the tread towards bald.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
code:
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1591903774062288897 
Link to NSFW video. It has probably already been posted, but a terrifying video of a Tesla deciding it wanted to go for a ride without driver input.

Tesla fanboys are quick with the "that's not how Tesla's operate" because it's too difficult to understand what "malfunction" means.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Those tweets with Elon arguing with his own employees make me so mad because I know that’s exactly how he treats everyone at his companies. He knows better than anyone.

And there are so many managers who think that’s how you run a business - ignoring every expert
There's the grain of truth that a lot of leadership does involve having to show that you're the baboon with the bright red rear end, but when that's what you're constantly doing it's a sign that you don't actually have a vision or any particularly unique skillset, and you're terrified of what will happen if you do slow down and allow anyone else to put their hand on the wheel.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

PITY BONER posted:

code:
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1591903774062288897 
Link to NSFW video. It has probably already been posted, but a terrifying video of a Tesla deciding it wanted to go for a ride without driver input.

Tesla fanboys are quick with the "that's not how Tesla's operate" because it's too difficult to understand what "malfunction" means.

We can put it in the form of a syllogism

The vehicle failed to stop when the brake was depressed

Teslas stop when the break is depressed

Therefore, he was not driving a Tesla

Ipso facto musko

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Soggy Muffin posted:

If you watched it you would have heard how he was trapped inside the car for over a week, almost died of thirst but he was smart and kept redrinking he’s pee and eating his poop for snacks

that's how Tesla generates the carbon credits they make their money selling other corporations to

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Castor Poe posted:

Also, doing it, and I quote, "for the lulz".

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ProfessorMarvel posted:

One must imagine Sisyphus 🤣

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

The Saddest Rhino posted:

that's how Tesla generates the carbon credits they make their money selling other corporations to

You can't order one with a brown interior -- you have to make it that way yourself. World's first mobile carbon sequestration solution! Innovation in motion!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's weird how the only people I really see using that emoji are massive losers like Don Jr and Elon.

old people on the internet who dont get sarcasm/mocking through text because it's never not been used as a joke or insult lol

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

crime weed posted:

it's even worse, he's trapped in this of his own volition

he could've just hosed off after buying & twitter would've been better off for it. but he keeps posting!!

He's officially entered Dark Lord of Ravenloft territory.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
The laughing crying emoji is such bullshit anyway. i've never laughed that hard. nobody has. it's a complete non sequitur

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

am I too late for open kimono chat?

Asking what "open kimono" means is now the biggest regret of my life.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Putting my rivals at work into my model 3 and then shouting "ELON MUSK IS A loving MORON WHO DRINKS PISS" at the top of my lungs, triggering the car's suicide module

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I paid extra to disable the suicide module and install the racism upgrade.

You don't want to have any accidents with the suicide one.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

The laughing crying emoji is such bullshit anyway. i've never laughed that hard. nobody has. it's a complete non sequitur

Get better jokes and/or funnier friends, loser.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Kingo Ligma posted:

Get better jokes and/or funnier friends, loser.

Alternatively just stay up long enough for sleep exhaustion to kick in and see something mildly funny

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
My coworker had the suicide plugin, and after a rough and frustrating day at work, he said to his wife on a call, "gently caress me, this is bullshit, I think I'm done with this place".

And you know where it goes from there.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Have you considered cocaine?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
A suicide button on a Tesla is probably the only feature that wouldn't kill the occupants.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://twitter.com/jammonravager/status/1591869702598701058

lol

literally saw 2 teslas on the road today (rare occurrence in SEA) and my friend asked "is this the one that just blows up"

that is the sloppiest, dumpiest trunk hinge I've ever seen in my life

the rubber trim is worse than early 00s dodges

embarrassingly build quality

sad question
May 30, 2020

Maximum Overdrive mode in Teslas is just an easter egg since Musk is such a Steven king fan.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeeplyConcerned posted:

i used to have throat problems growing up so if i laughed too hard it kind of sealed up and i'd have tears in my eyes

from not breathing. so the emoji is clearly me as a child and i expect royalties

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Robo Reagan posted:

i used to have throat problems growing up so if i laughed too hard it kind of sealed up and i'd have tears in my eyes

from not breathing. so the emoji is clearly me as a child and i expect royalties

I’m glad you found a forum where you could always breath easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Dragonstoned posted:

wanna know how I got these cars?