Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

if you don't have a single macro with every phrase strung together what are you even doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Time for a coffee break, free kupo nuts in the breakroom.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

jjac posted:

If you're not shoehorning the code phrase into a dad joke or a dril tweet, does it really count?

another day volunteering at the moogle museum. everyone keeps asking me if they can have free kupo nuts. buddy, they wont even let me have them

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

( That Lalafell voice )

Ayy boss, gedda loada his whiskers! Badda bing, badda boom!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Just picked up the Heavensward art books half off from Amazon. Heads up to anyone who hasn't completed that particular collection

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
tataru come get some ham

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Macaluso posted:

another day volunteering at the moogle museum. everyone keeps asking me if they can have free kupo nuts. buddy, they wont even let me have them

so long snae ling! i rev up his whiskers and create a huge cloud of free kupo nuts. when your god is come im lying completely dead on the pavement

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've mentioned it before but what in the actual hell do I have to do, short of redoing every portrait from scratch, to prevent the game from reverting them to default before every CC match? They were made using the exact glam plates I use for my gearsets, but it keeps telling me that the gear doesn't match. I also don't see a "reset glamour plate" button in the portraits outside of making a brand new one. Maybe I'm just really dim, but if anybody has run into this and has a step by step process that actually works I'd appreciate it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kerrzhe posted:

if you don't have a single macro with every phrase strung together what are you even doing

They don't all fit anymore. :negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thundarr posted:

I've mentioned it before but what in the actual hell do I have to do, short of redoing every portrait from scratch, to prevent the game from reverting them to default before every CC match? They were made using the exact glam plates I use for my gearsets, but it keeps telling me that the gear doesn't match. I also don't see a "reset glamour plate" button in the portraits outside of making a brand new one. Maybe I'm just really dim, but if anybody has run into this and has a step by step process that actually works I'd appreciate it.

This happened to me once and it was incredibly frustrating. What you have to do is to check your adventurer plate and make sure that it's updated to match your portrait and your gear as well, then only will it properly save.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

This happened to me once and it was incredibly frustrating. What you have to do is to check your adventurer plate and make sure that it's updated to match your portrait and your gear as well, then only will it properly save.

That's the thing, I'd done that over and over and the portraits never had the ! next to them, but still refused to work.

In the spirit of the first law of tech support (you will resolve the problem immediately after you complain about it to others), I think I found the issue was that some of my glam plates had empty slots for right side parts that were covered by armor, as opposed to Emperor's New bits in those slots. Which may have resulted in some drift over time of what the actual appearance of that accessory was without violating glamour plate rules, but still different enough that portraits cared.

At least it worked for now. If they break again later on me then I have truly no idea what the cause is.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Thundarr posted:

That's the thing, I'd done that over and over and the portraits never had the ! next to them, but still refused to work.

In the spirit of the first law of tech support (you will resolve the problem immediately after you complain about it to others), I think I found the issue was that some of my glam plates had empty slots for right side parts that were covered by armor, as opposed to Emperor's New bits in those slots. Which may have resulted in some drift over time of what the actual appearance of that accessory was without violating glamour plate rules, but still different enough that portraits cared.

At least it worked for now. If they break again later on me then I have truly no idea what the cause is.

The only solution I've had when swapping to a gear set tied to a glamour plate is: after switching, un-equipping a piece of gear, re-equipping it and then saving my gear set to apply the changes. Afterwards go and update your portrait and it'll remain stable until you update your glamour plate again, at which point you need to repeat the process.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Portraits are super picky about head/weapon visiblity setting, as well as visor setting. Also, I'm pretty sure it saves both equipment settings AND glam settings, so if you change gear and reapply your glam plate, it'll still spit an error, because the gear doesn't match. Gotta resave the gearset and the portrait both. There is no way to update your portrait alongside a gear change without opening it up and re-saving it manually, afaict.

I really really hope they fix this before dungeon portraits become a thing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They don't all fit anymore. :negative:

Time to make a macro.

genovefa fedelmid
Sep 28, 2016

I'd like to see the "Cat bus" do THIS

the_steve posted:

Every ONE, sure, but we probably still also have to go against everyone who has an alt that wants a house too

I transferred to Dynamis on my main and an alt and so did my boyfriend, and some friends. We've all gotten houses easily and there are loads left over on Marilith, as well as Maduin. Hali still has nearly as many as Mari while Seraph is getting pretty full. But if wanting a house is your primary concern, you can transfer (probably for free depending on your server) and get a house like right now in the current lottery. There are really nice plots left too not just dregs. The FC housing rounds are yet to start but based on numbers of FCs on the worlds, it's looking like there'll be massive amounts of leftovers there so they'll probably open up some of those wards for personals later (currently it's split 12-12 on Dynamis, not 9-15 like on all other worlds).

Things are a bit slow on Dynamis so far but its early days and if you have to DC hop for queues and cheaper MB you can, but there's only been a couple of times I've really had to queue elsewhere.

The new wards on every world plus four new worlds coming to Dynamis at some time next year as well should mean pretty much everyone gets a house that wants one - at least for now.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

been playing some CC because it's an easier way to get crystals than suffering through twenty minutes of frontlines over and over again

but holy poo poo I am extremely bad at this

I don't even understand what it is I'm doing, other than respawning and dying the moment I make contact with the other team, repeatedly

like, in a great irony for how useless it inevitably is in frontlines, it would be great if someone could actually shotcall instead of having to use the chat buttons, because my teams could use something like a player/coach who can actually point out where things are going wrong, instead of what I usually see, which is my team running out there, watching the other team get on the crystal, and then them absolutely slaughtering us for the next five minutes

and times when we actually do play aggressively, we still get immediately annihilated, it just means we also get 5% of the push instead of 0%

I also am absolutely not helping, usually winding up with more deaths than assists and zero kills, but gently caress if I know what I'm doing

also is it just me or is the scoreboard, with its red and blue maybe not meaning the same as the red and blue on your screen and the left and right being wonky because the meters are here but the percentages are there and it's absolutely a pain to read without staring at it for long enough that oops you got killed again

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

there are a lot of articles and guides breaking down each job's strengths in pvp along with general tips, and an entire pvp equivalent to the balance discord called revival. just knowing what your buttons do and paying attention so you don't get caught out are really all you need to be useful tho, so maybe start there?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The most important thing for CC is: Constantly watch the enemy party list (and move it closer to the middle of the screen).
Their MP is their real HP bar. Hit whoever has the least MP instead of whoever is closest to you.
If you see someone getting close to their limit break, position to minimize the impact of that LB.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The information that's helped me immensely in PVP is this: No one knows what's happening, and sometimes you explode.

My experience improved immensely once I internalized that lesson and began Gizmoducking my way through PVP matches. Did my gameplay improve? Listen, buddy, I don't need that kind of negative attitude weighing me down.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

quote:

Ability to cast glamours on your own equipment directly from your retainer’s inventory.

Very nice.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The thing about all those open housing plots on the various servers, you can't be in an FC. If you're in one you like, like one of our goon guilds, you have to wait for plots to open, and with demolishing off, that hasn't been happening.

The new wards will hopefully do their thing

genovefa fedelmid posted:

I transferred to Dynamis on my main and an alt and so did my boyfriend, and some friends. We've all gotten houses easily and there are loads left over on Marilith, as well as Maduin. Hali still has nearly as many as Mari while Seraph is getting pretty full. But if wanting a house is your primary concern, you can transfer (probably for free depending on your server) and get a house like right now in the current lottery. There are really nice plots left too not just dregs.

So wait your main and your alt both have plots? Are you inherting FC houses to do that?

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 14, 2022

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Success in CC is highly dependent on party comp and whether anybody else has any idea what they're doing. Neither of which you have any control over, so at low ranks and in casual it's frequently going to be very one sided. Don't stress too much if you get stomped, you just lost a coin flip basically.

Remember that it's 5v5, and being down just one or two people on one side can rapidly snowball into a rout for the rest of the match. Make use of the Regroup and Falling Back quick chats if you see the other side gaining advantage. Unless the crystal is at the goal, it's much better to let your opponents gain some ground than for your party to keep filtering back a few at a time and giving the other guy a constant 5v2 advantage. Sometimes your party will even listen!

Coordinating a push is also possible but takes some work. You can set up macros to auto target enemy player 1-5, and use this to mark targets. Getting your team to focus fire down one enemy at a time is way more effective at gaining a numbers advantage than spreading your damage around, and often the only reliable way to take somebody out before they can retreat and heal.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The most devastating maneuver you can do in CC is to escape and pull off a potion while oom.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Speaking of Frontline, anyone know when the Dynamis DC ones trigger? They must fill at some point, since there's a leaderboard, but I have no idea what the window is (8pm EST Sunday was no good and immediately after the daily reset now apparently isn't either).

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Offkorn posted:

Speaking of Frontline, anyone know when the Dynamis DC ones trigger? They must fill at some point, since there's a leaderboard, but I have no idea what the window is (8pm EST Sunday was no good and immediately after the daily reset now apparently isn't either).
:lol: at leaderboard for frontlines existing, just a list of people that rolled the dice the most

they could bring back 8-man frontlines for times when DCs are less populated

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I just found out in Japan they have all the msq in game dialogue for arr, hw, and sb in actual books! Came out last year I guess, scenario books they call them. That's really cool and the ultimate in preservation.

I wonder if we'll ever get them?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Kerrzhe posted:

I'm lazy and TidyChat makes it so when i talk normally to someone i'm supposed to /say to, the plugin copies the reminder text to the clipboard so I can lb+rb paste it in. Never have to type it out so I can play without a keyboard attached.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Sanctuary's Heart is pretty mediocre. There's like, 4 good songs, another handful of songs that are fine, and then a little under half the album just blows. Finality in particular, who the gently caress greenlit this mario paint-rear end sounding song? Equilibrium similarly mishandled into a song that sounds basically nothing like the original.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 14, 2022

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
If it sounded like the original it would be even less chill.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like making a chill version of Finality defeats the point of Finality.

Like making a chill version Triumph.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Rand Brittain posted:

If it sounded like the original it would be even less chill.

Well it's also just terrible to be honest. It not sounding too close to the original is a perplexing thing for a remix album but I wouldn't care if the song itself was good.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I feel like making a chill version of Finality defeats the point of Finality.

Like making a chill version Triumph.

Chill songs of fast songs are fine. The version of Heroes is pretty good.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A light jazz version of eScape.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

A ska version of Fiend.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Failboattootoot posted:

Equilibrium similarly mishandled into a song that sounds basically nothing like the original.

Listening to the Apple Store's sample (I don't know if the melody kicks in later) I think I can tell what was done, it's taking the drum beat and putting a melody to it. Starting at about 2:00 in the original song, leading into the chorus, I can hear that "beat, beat, tri-pi-let" pretty clearly. That can be an interesting space to play around in but not what I expected, and as you said it doesn't feel like it's tied to the original

Night in the Brume sounds like someone just read the title and wrote their own thing.
Finality is funny as Hell. It's a gag, right? Like that cover of American Pie that's just yelling the chorus repeatedly?
Shadows Withal... nothing in here is working together. The original had some of that too, mind.
Oblivion is another "where did they get the sample from, did they download the right track?"

Tomorrow and Tomorrow I like. Neath Dark Waters sounds like something out of Donkey Kong Country (in a good way). Close in the Distance sounds really good in this style. Heroes and Flow as well, that's what I expected for "chill remix".

Ink Long Dry and Civilizations just sound like the original tracks.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

this and that edm album they put out last year have generally been not good. there's some standout tracks on both but I wouldn't buy either whole drat album.

a shame, really.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Ehh wrong thread.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 14, 2022

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Pulse was such a disappointment

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Vitamean posted:

this and that edm album they put out last year have generally been not good. there's some standout tracks on both but I wouldn't buy either whole drat album.

a shame, really.

Eh I loved Pulse on the whole. Only songs I've deleted off my playlists from it are Oblivion and Long Fall and I don't really have any complaints with Long Fall so much as I just don't like dubstep as a general rule. Oblivion was completely awful though, serious off day for Soken as I understand it's the only song on the album he did. On the other end, Rise and Sunrise in particular were great.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Failboattootoot posted:

Sanctuary's Heart is pretty mediocre. There's like, 4 good songs, another handful of songs that are fine, and then a little under half the album just blows. Finality in particular, who the gently caress greenlit this mario paint-rear end sounding song? Equilibrium similarly mishandled into a song that sounds basically nothing like the original.

Yeah that's about where I landed too. Haven't listened to the whole thing through yet because what I did hear was not inspiring a sit down through all of it. A couple of tracks are neat but a bunch just aren't chill and use some weird samples and effects that don't make for a good track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin