Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

although I’ll acknowledge that playing Mitchell 40 mins a game is good cover for faking an injury to duck Gobert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yossarian-22 posted:

I was told Embiid should be traded for Halliburton, Hield, and Turner. And DLo doesn't go 30/12 with Mitchell on defense lol

Cavs being a top four team and the Wolves being garbage is still true

i also remember being told this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

being attached to the past leads to suffering

I advise being here now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I threw four touchdowns in one game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

are we talking like in Madden or ?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I didn't even realize Cavs lacked Jarrett Allen. It's a testament to how good the team is that they even made it close and once Mitchell/Garland learn how to maximize each other's talents they will be unstoppable. Garland can't seem to figure out how to hit shots when Mitchell is on the floor

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

being attached to the past leads to suffering

I advise being here now

Sorry euph your posts are like Trump tweets: timeless

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Shopping Embiid would be in the best interest of the Sixers, but obviously you can’t do that in the modern nba.

you can’t win a chip playing like Embiid im sorry. refs won’t allow it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

if you think Embiid is going to get 24 FTs in a playoff game you haven’t been paying attention.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Oh yeah 76ers would be in a great position to win with 4 guards: Maxey/Harden/Hield/Halliburton and no draft picks. lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

you are ignoring Turner. also why would you have no picks? also you’d trade harden

your hypothetical is a mess

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

point is, nba referees will not allow a team who’s best player is a post up center to win a championship. the only thing worse would be having a guard who is reliant on FTs as the primary scorer. they’ll swallow the whistle and allow the Celtics to grab your arm on every play.

if a chip is the goal you trade Embiid. but maybe it’s about the journey.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

the thing about Embiid and Giannis is true, they are getting fouled on pretty much every play. Jokic would be in this category too but he really doesn’t do post moves or anything.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

giannis gets calls though. hes averaging a foul call on 3 out of every 4 shots he takes in the paint this season

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

point is, nba referees will not allow a team who’s best player is a post up center to win a championship. the only thing worse would be having a guard who is reliant on FTs as the primary scorer. they’ll swallow the whistle and allow the Celtics to grab your arm on every play.

if a chip is the goal you trade Embiid. but maybe it’s about the journey.

the sixers going hard into The Process 2.0 would be just :discourse:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

embiid too. just looked it up, he's averaging 1 free throw made for every field goal he makes. seems pretty good idk

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Jokic would be in this category too but he really doesn’t do post moves or anything.

when u definitely watch jokic

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

are we describing passes to the perimeter as post moves now? jokic isn’t going to the line for those.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

you jokic fans are absurd. he rarely plays with his back to the basket. 90 percent of his possessions are passes from the corner of the key or layups.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I know that defending him means ignoring the world that you can observe with your eyes and describe with your words in favor of a computational analysis that totally says he had the best season of all time last year, but come on.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

are these made up stats?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

you jokic fans are absurd. he rarely plays with his back to the basket. 90 percent of his possessions are passes from the corner of the key or layups.

lmfao just say you don't watch the nuggets dude it's ok

embiid, constant back to the basket guy, leads the league in post-ups this season with 57. jokic, who never ever posts up, has 54

last year jokic had more made field goals off post-ups than embiid did

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

fart simpson posted:

are these made up stats?

offensive rating is a decent all-in-one efficiency metric (so it gives high scores to low-volume bigs). defensive rating has major issues and should basically be ignored.

ast/TO really needs to be combined with knowing how many assists or it's kinda useless. Hauser has 8:1 ratio because he literally has a total of eight assists and one turnover. not per game, total.

looking him up on bbr (i don't watch celtic games) he's playing 75% of his minutes at PF, he has a sky-high TS% at 15% usage and 15mpg. 7/8 of his two-point field goals (again, not per game, total) are assisted, and every one of his 26 3-point field goals.

so, combining all this info, not one stat shows "this guy is amazing" or "this guy sucks." you can figure out his profile, that of an up-and-coming stretch 4 who's been knocking down his 3s at an excellent rate and that the celtics don't ask to do too much as far as creation or playmaking.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kingcobweb posted:

lmfao just say you don't watch the nuggets dude it's ok

embiid, constant back to the basket guy, leads the league in post-ups this season with 57. jokic, who never ever posts up, has 54

last year jokic had more made field goals off post-ups than embiid did

I don’t think you are being genuine here. NBA may count a post up attempt as any time you back your defender down in the post, but my point is that Jokic isn’t trying to score off the post up, which is where the FT attempt is coming from, he’s passing out of them.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

but idk maybe the stat gods don’t delineate what you do with a post up, because that doesn’t matter at all right? they’re all equal. no need to think about it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I don’t think you are being genuine here. NBA may count a post up attempt as any time you back your defender down in the post, but my point is that Jokic isn’t trying to score off the post up, which is where the FT attempt is coming from, he’s passing out of them.

no, this isn't true. if jokic isn't doubled in the post, he goes one-on-one and looks to score. if the opposing team sends a double (as OKC decided to do in their games this year, and as the clippers infamously did the entire 7-game series in the bubble), then jokic looks to pass.

saying he doesn't have post moves is just beyond absurd and you deserve to be made fun of for it. he even has a specific post-up move that he invented that has its own name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUYTzXnHwtg

this year he seems to have worked on the right-to-left version when previously he only ever went left-to-right (because it was invented because of an ankle injury)

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2022/10/21/0022200026/610/fa24365a-8ff1-642a-2bd1-b328636d57da_1280x720.mp4

if teams leave him one-on-one in the post, especially if it's clutch situations where the team needs a bucket, he will absolutely look to score.

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2022/11/07/0022200154/619/4a6b4df8-7f5b-8e7c-d2d6-1d91cca81b8d_1280x720.mp4

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

are these made up stats?

yes

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

embiid really made 59 points lmao wow

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/1591996971379994626

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kingcobweb posted:

no, this isn't true. if jokic isn't doubled in the post, he goes one-on-one and looks to score. if the opposing team sends a double (as OKC decided to do in their games this year, and as the clippers infamously did the entire 7-game series in the bubble), then jokic looks to pass.

saying he doesn't have post moves is just beyond absurd and you deserve to be made fun of for it. he even has a specific post-up move that he invented that has its own name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUYTzXnHwtg

this year he seems to have worked on the right-to-left version when previously he only ever went left-to-right (because it was invented because of an ankle injury)

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2022/10/21/0022200026/610/fa24365a-8ff1-642a-2bd1-b328636d57da_1280x720.mp4

if teams leave him one-on-one in the post, especially if it's clutch situations where the team needs a bucket, he will absolutely look to score.

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2022/11/07/0022200154/619/4a6b4df8-7f5b-8e7c-d2d6-1d91cca81b8d_1280x720.mp4

let me hate on Jokic in peace please

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1591993217536655360

How do the Philly fans hate this man?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Check this out, it's Fidel playing basketball with some Polish students.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

btw embiid does not rely on post ups

his playoff problems have been like having his face broken on purpose by a raptor

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This Embiid guy sounds pretty good. Maybe the Sixers should build around him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah def

they need a wing I don’t know how they can get one tho

Tobias is just like almost there but not quite

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tatums has turned into a complete monster. he’s a big matchup problem

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

rivers always has his eye of getting that better draft pick

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

euphronius posted:

btw embiid does not rely on post ups

his playoff problems have been like having his face broken on purpose by a raptor

i guess that explains why he chokes and is out of breath in the 3rd

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

modern high usage big play is about the turnaround jumper and the hook. jokic, ayton, kat, etc. i think it's an open question if you want your center occupying a max contract slot but it is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hifi posted:

modern high usage big play is about the turnaround jumper and the hook. jokic, ayton, kat, etc. i think it's an open question if you want your center occupying a max contract slot but it is what it is.

you named one center