Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I think Elon is doing a fantastic job. He should buy Stormfront next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

the email printout where he got fired "via meme" is not real.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1592207891624505345

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

"If minorities kept their heads down and realize that they have it better than where they came from... ESPECIALLY African-Americans (not you Elon LMAO) Anyone who does not acknowledge this is DIVIDING ARE GRATE CONTRY"

Goddam, the "Left is trying to divide us" take sucks so horribly, jesus gently caress.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol: at the loving brainless rube who believes "Rich Afrikaaner Apartheid Blood Diamond Guy" was ever remotely liberal

Like loving really?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 14, 2022

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1592228299337760768

lol @ that y axis

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Rocketing up by an astonishing 0.01%!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Ubersandwich posted:

"If minorities kept their heads down and realize that they have it better than where they came from... ESPECIALLY African-Americans (not you Elon LMAO) Anyone who does not acknowledge this is DIVIDING ARE GRATE CONTRY"

Goddam, the "Left is trying to divide us" take sucks so horribly, jesus gently caress.

meanwhile, at tesla:

quote:

Black workers complained that managers called them monkeys and other racial slurs, including routine use of the N-word. Some alleged the Black workers were given the worst jobs, no matter their qualifications. When they complained to human resources, several said, it made matters worse, and some were fired.
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2022-11-14/elon-musk-toxic-boss-timeline

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I was pretty disgusted by Musk for a long time, and I'm glad I was justified in completely trash talking him. Watching his actual, real personality come out as he struggles not to be owned has been a real unsurprising eye-opener.

I hope on a lark someone at Tesla HR hires me for my business plan, I actually get to execute it and build it into a functional company, completely flense his bullshit GMAC Cryptocurrency and Racism bullshit, and turn him out on his rear end far away from it while giving a lot of spotlight the people who actually made it worthwhile so he can take a Trump Twitter poo poo for the rest of his life.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

I look forward to hearing about Twitter DevOps doing mad scrambles to keep poo poo online after Elon just starts turning feature flags off in prod.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I cannot believe how loving dumb this dude is.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Every single one of those people is jerking themselves while imagining having the power to ruin someone who they don't agree with.

That's why bootlickers tonguewash the boot. They need to get close enough to smell the leather so they can vicariously imagine the feel of stomping on faces.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This car is too slow!

Imma throw random parts of the chassis and engine out until the car gets faster!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

THIS is what he's been bragging about with Twitter being more active than ever?? According to that graph it's up like 0.8% since Musk took over, and we just had an election.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

wa27 posted:

THIS is what he's been bragging about with Twitter being more active than ever?? According to that graph it's up like 0.8% since Musk took over, and we just had an election.

Twitter is more active than it's been in months! (to clown on Elon)

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Pookah posted:

This car is too slow!

Imma throw random parts of the chassis and engine out until the car gets faster!

Yep, those are speed holes. They make the car tweets go faster.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Castor Poe posted:

Literally got fired for saying "You're wrong".

You made Elon-sama angry. The kimono is closed.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

It's one lunch Twitter, how much can it cost? $400?

It's the "add up all the costs in a year and divide by the numbers of people in, as they obviously each ate a lunch of exactly equal value."

It makes no division of service costs vs supply costs, or maintenance/upkeep/replacement vs devalued assets, it's taking every liquid out the pantry, mixing it all together, and wondering why the drink tastes like poo poo :laffo:

This is where Bezos takes Lonnie to court over defamation and agrees to settle the lawsuit through a match of sporting fisticuffs, then he knocks out Lonnie and we all suck his dick for a minute and then bump him down the "billionares to kill first" list by a few places.

:tviv:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

WOW Elon just OWNED Br'er Rabbit and threw him STRAIGHT into the briar patch. Hope you enjoy needles 😂 😂 😂

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

The overt, virulent hatred of someone for working at a company (that produced a tool that happened to be used to uncover people being racist, and was thus somehow "anti-free speech") is real, and that hatred and doublethink is what matters to me.

Having your life upended because you called someone the n word in public? Or because nobody tolerates ethnonationalism as "just my opinion" anymore? Bad.

Having your life upended because a rabid horde of manchildren can't "jokingly" threaten strangers with rape without losing their jobs anymore? Cool and good.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

he could have just been a regular rear end in a top hat ceo, but he exceeded all my expectations. i look forward to the next episode of this comedy :munch:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Pookah posted:

This car is too slow!

Lmao reminds me of this old article https://nerocam.com/SCC_TAP.asp

Sure it ends up not being much of a useful car cat all but it's fast!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

So, what do you think he'll start blaming first for his failures after "the wokes?"

Is it:

(a) Other rich people
(b) The US Government
(c) <insert racial epithet>
(d) Facebook/Meta
(e) A conspiracy
(f) not being given enough money
(g) anyone he can find that isn't himself
(h) his exes

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Strong Sauce posted:

the email printout where he got fired "via meme" is not real.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/nov/08/instagram-posts/no-twitter-didnt-send-a-meme-to-fire-an-employee/

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I know we all know this, but any company that provides free snacks, lunches, gyms etc has absolutely worked out that it is cheaper to con their salaried staff into staying onsite for multiple extra hours per day with meals n snacks rather than pay them properly for their extra hours

I briefly worked for one of these companies. The lunches really were wonderful; the sushi alone was better than anything else available in Ireland at the time, but the working conditions were dogshit.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

kazil posted:

doesn't this guy have a few businesses to run or dozens of kids to spend time with instead of posting to twitter all day?

Lots of galaxy brain business types trying to analyse what Musk’s strategy is when the reality is he just bought it because he wants to shitpost as Chief Mod

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
If I tape two 4k TVs together, I'll get an 8k TV, right?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Pookah posted:

I know we all know this, but any company that provides free snacks, lunches, gyms etc has absolutely worked out that it is cheaper to con their salaried staff into staying onsite for multiple extra hours per day with meals n snacks rather than pay them properly for their extra hours

I briefly worked for one of these companies. The lunches really were wonderful; the sushi alone was better than anything else available in Ireland at the time, but the working conditions were dogshit.

Free food is legitimately one of the most cost-effective ways to improve morale and job retention and treating it as a luxury or an excessive expense is an excellent signal for the bosses who think of their companies as morality plays for capitalist hierarchy instead of “let’s actually maximize profits” the former are a lot worse than the second as bad as the second are

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Lolling that the guy ends up getting a job offer from Reddit and everyone keeps trying to bash him and convince the guy offering the job that he is disrespectfull. How badly do all these guys want to suck Elon off?

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 14, 2022

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Free food is legitimately one of the most cost-effective ways to improve morale and job retention and treating it as a luxury or an excessive expense is an excellent signal for the bosses who think of their companies as morality plays for capitalist hierarchy instead of “let’s actually maximize profits” the former are a lot worse than the second as bad as the second are

Hear hear. I have no doubt that there are a lot of companies/offices that treat free food as a proxy for OT pay, but that's not been my experience at all at one of the FAANGs (circa 2010-2015). It was a very appreciated QoL benefit on top of the absurd pay, reasonable working hours, and extra pay when on-call.

The myth that the likes of Google do so in order to somehow fool their employees into doing additional OT is ludicrous.

Even in my crunch-heavy videogame days, OT food was certainly never seen as "compensation". It was more like coffee: a bare minimum the employer was expected to provide.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 14, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
A classic Chris Farley movie

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1592020713044688899?s=20&t=ZZOgEmwXkjPmXwF40W5NEQ

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

smellmycheese posted:

Lots of galaxy brain business types trying to analyse what Musk’s strategy is when the reality is he just bought it because he wants to shitpost as Chief Mod

I still remember when I first started using irc chats and message boards in the 90s and being a mod was like the ultimate dream. The buttons! The private channel/forum for mods! I tried to ingratiate myself so much and be known as a good poster all so I could weasel my way into a sweet modship with all of the power and popularity that comes with it.

I did eventually get to be a mod of this small Final Fantasy forum. gently caress yeah. Except it was pretty lame overall though, the buttons were less fun than I thought they would be. And no one really gave me any more respect or liked me any more.

Also, this all happened when I was 11 years old.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

https://twitter.com/zachsilberberg/status/1592228112770924544?t=w9FpmFJ0RGXD4HOYwYx7Eg&s=19 lmao.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Elon: Hahaha dance puppets dance 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Simply don't log out!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

also has anyone made a computer peripheral that can recreate smells from an image? just for lols you know?

look at your avatar

you know what she's seeing

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ror posted:

I wonder if Elon thinks he's being subtle about his shift toward right-wing mouthpiece.

Elon is openly turning the site into Parler with a pre-existing userbase and journos are crying that they still have to use it

Take a loving hint already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol it's done for

I should start emailing board members at Tesla