Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

who the gently caress is scraeming "LOG IN" at twitter. show yourself, coward. i will never log in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Decon posted:

I look forward to hearing about Twitter DevOps doing mad scrambles to keep poo poo online after Elon just starts turning feature flags off in prod.

Musk reinventing Chaos Monkey

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Free food is legitimately one of the most cost-effective ways to improve morale and job retention and treating it as a luxury or an excessive expense is an excellent signal for the bosses who think of their companies as morality plays for capitalist hierarchy instead of “let’s actually maximize profits” the former are a lot worse than the second as bad as the second are

Seriously a company that starts penny pinching on simple QOL things is sending a signal that it's time to get out because more cuts are coming and it's about to turn into a miserable crab bucket. Here we all know that because everything else is being overtly broadcasted of course.

On the other hand, it could just be a strategy to get rid of people who are entitled severance or unemployment (also likely here).

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 14, 2022

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Lol that 2 factor authentication is “bloatware” how are you worse at computers than me, a dude who barely passed the CompTIA A+ and hasn’t even gotten his first computer janitor job yet

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Stoatbringer posted:

Simply don't log out!

Clearing cookies, what's that?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

PederP posted:

but hey it's his billions to waste
that's not how capital acquisition works at all

it's not

"it's his billions to waste"

it's

"it's twitter's job to somehow make up 42 billion + interest (difficulty level: impossible)"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Aramis posted:

Hear hear. I have no doubt that there are a lot of companies/offices that treat free food as a proxy for OT pay, but that's not been my experience at all at one of the FAANGs (circa 2010-2015). It was a very appreciated QoL benefit on top of the absurd pay, reasonable working hours, and extra pay when on-call.

The myth that the likes of Google do so in order to somehow fool their employees intro doing additional OT is ludicrous.

Even in my crunch-heavy videogame days, OT food was certainly never seen as "compensation". It was more like coffee: a bare minimum the employer was expected to provide.
The whole runaround is you don't consciously clock what's happening to count it as a benefit. Its just background enabling you to work through lunch or skip a 15 minute car ride to McDonald's. You personally might be getting one over or seeing it as a basic novelty but free lunches are exclusively used to maximize on task time during a work shift and are proven to do so by any study that has cared to try.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Stoatbringer posted:

Simply don't log out!

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Amphigory posted:

Musk reinventing Chaos Monkey

Chaos Musky

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/ScottNover/status/1591975324224479232

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Waffle House posted:

I was pretty disgusted by Musk for a long time, and I'm glad I was justified in completely trash talking him. Watching his actual, real personality come out as he struggles not to be owned has been a real unsurprising eye-opener.

I hope on a lark someone at Tesla HR hires me for my business plan, I actually get to execute it and build it into a functional company, completely flense his bullshit GMAC Cryptocurrency and Racism bullshit, and turn him out on his rear end far away from it while giving a lot of spotlight the people who actually made it worthwhile so he can take a Trump Twitter poo poo for the rest of his life.

You’ve now used the word “flense” twice, and I’ve never seen or heard it in my life. What is this. Who are you and where are you from. Am I living under a rock?

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

I know it keeps being said, but I really can't believe just *how* dumb and addicted to 'im not owned' tweets this man is.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

does twitter still use text based 2FA?

lol

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Years ago, I worked at Wal-Mart. There was a TV on an AV cart in a backroom that was meant to show training videos. There was a coax cable that dropped from the ceiling that carried the signal from the satellite system. This connection needed to be adapted to composite for reasons that I don't remember. I got tasked to make this work, so I went to the Goodwill down the street and bought a VCR with company funds to act as an intermediary to adapt the connection.

One of the dumbass managers saw the VCR and was like, "wtf is this doing here?" and disconnected it for no reason other than they didn't know what it did.

Same energy.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 14, 2022

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Decon posted:

The overt, virulent hatred of someone for working at a company (that produced a tool that happened to be used to uncover people being racist, and was thus somehow "anti-free speech") is real, and that hatred and doublethink is what matters to me.

Having your life upended because you called someone the n word in public? Or because nobody tolerates ethnonationalism as "just my opinion" anymore? Bad.

Having your life upended because a rabid horde of manchildren can't "jokingly" threaten strangers with rape without losing their jobs anymore? Cool and good.

It's also been kinda wild watching what these chuds call "freeloaders"/"leeches" go from people without jobs, to include people with jobs but not "paying taxes", and then people with jobs who pay taxes but maybe want to be paid more, and now including people who work at places that don't grind them into dust.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Aramis posted:

That ship sailed a long time ago. He's been explicit about the left in general, and Dems in particular, sucking for a while now.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1526997132858822658
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1519735033950470144

If he's fooling anyone at this point, it's mostly himself.

Also, he's got the wrong party running to extend the line there. the left has barely moved. If anything the entire spectrum has shifted right. Reagan is drat near a liberal by today's standards.
I don't think he really knows what "liberal" or "progressive" means. Most of the US sure doesn't.

Pookah posted:

Yeah, I know nothing about the kind of systems something like twitter uses, but I spent a good while working in games QA, and one thing I learned along the way is that if things are working, don't start stripping out code that apparently does nothing, it never ends well.
Once place I worked, they found something that literally appeared not to interact with anything else, and seemingly had no function at all.
They took it out and every loving thing broke. It was like some kind of talisman.

You found a software version of the "magic - more magic" switch.

Wow, their even more stans than my previous reading indicated. Also, never let any of those cucks in a position of power, please - they obviously have no clue what it means to treat employees with respect, much less compassion, and certainly can't recognize when the employee holds all the cards. Or doesn't give a gently caress and won't kowtow, which I'm sure just infuriates their impotent selves.

Klyith posted:

Every single one of those people is jerking themselves while imagining having the power to ruin someone who they don't agree with.

That's why bootlickers tonguewash the boot. They need to get close enough to smell the leather so they can vicariously imagine the feel of stomping on faces.

And perhaps Senpai might notice them and reward them for their adoration!

B-Rock452 posted:

Lolling that the guy ends up getting a job offer from Reddit and everyone keeps trying to bash him and convince the guy offering the job that he is disrespectfull. How badly do all these guys want to suck Elon off?

Yeah, that.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

PhazonLink posted:

does twitter still use text based 2FA?

lol

not that surprising, it’s also what my banks and 401k brokerage use by default (at least the first time you login) because it’s something everyone already has. most people don’t have a hardware token and won’t bother setting up an authenticator. email is the only other universal option, which has its own issues because people reuse passwords.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Does that person think Matt Foley gives good advice?

Actually never mind Elon please do what Matt Foley tells you to do.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I almost wish I had a Twitter account so I could pose as a Twitter employee, politely contradict Musky, and get "fired".

madmatt112 posted:

You’ve now used the word “flense” twice, and I’ve never seen or heard it in my life. What is this. Who are you and where are you from. Am I living under a rock?

Someone who doesn't know the word "flense"? Flense him! :flense:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Flense is a good word. Every kitchen should have a flensing knife.

Just in case you ever need to de-blubber something.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

madmatt112 posted:

Tell me you’ve never been on a whaling ship without telling me you’ve never been on a whaling ship.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Have they actually fired all the remote workers yet? It doesn't seem like they have.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kibayasu posted:

If he lived in a Cybertruck down by the river at least he could also use it to cross the river.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Pookah posted:

I know we all know this, but any company that provides free snacks, lunches, gyms etc has absolutely worked out that it is cheaper to con their salaried staff into staying onsite for multiple extra hours per day with meals n snacks rather than pay them properly for their extra hours

I briefly worked for one of these companies. The lunches really were wonderful; the sushi alone was better than anything else available in Ireland at the time, but the working conditions were dogshit.
is your username related with the company you worked at

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

(playing joker's clip from the dark knight, "and here we go")

https://twitter.com/Cartoonbrains/status/1592233920036315138

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Kibayasu posted:

I hope they just want Musk to kill it too

but I fear I am wrong.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

holy poo poo this is hilarious

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Melon getting upset about RPCs on load cos he thinks it stands for Rider/Pedestrian Casualties and he's trying to keep it below 800 per unit

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

not that surprising, it’s also what my banks and 401k brokerage use by default (at least the first time you login) because it’s something everyone already has. most people don’t have a hardware token and won’t bother setting up an authenticator. email is the only other universal option, which has its own issues because people reuse passwords.

but authenticator apps are just a simple app store DL and both google and apple have their own official ones?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

the number of admins that will be unable to access any of their tools right now...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/Cartoonbrains/status/1592233920036315138

actually, do log off from twitter

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

oobie's og hous is starting to look like a well oiled machine compared to this shitshow

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Calling it right now he's going to claim that this is to combat bot accounts

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kibayasu posted:

Matt Foley lives(lived :smith:) in a van down by the river so he must have been doing something right

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Pookah posted:

I know we all know this, but any company that provides free snacks, lunches, gyms etc has absolutely worked out that it is cheaper to con their salaried staff into staying onsite for multiple extra hours per day with meals n snacks rather than pay them properly for their extra hours

I briefly worked for one of these companies. The lunches really were wonderful; the sushi alone was better than anything else available in Ireland at the time, but the working conditions were dogshit.

Irish Canteen Sushi would make a wonderful band name.

Irish Canteen Sushi's Common Roach and Stone Loach. Featuring the hit tracks, Allison's Shad and Deathcab for Cuiteag.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

greazeball posted:

just yank that thing out and blow in it

Call me.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Twitter $44,000,000,000
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

He's already flipping feature flags off :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Calling it right now he's going to claim that this is to combat bot accounts

"I was hacked by the (((left))) 🤣🤣"