Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
No you don't get it. By keeping the lights off he saves on electricity costs and can keep twitter running for another 16 femtosecond. Brilliant!

Edit: shameless snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why are people ITT doing that thing they did (and still do :rolleyes:) with Trump where you deliberately misspell his name?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
You mean Trimp? Yeah I don't know either. Hopefully Musky bans this practice for good.

PederP posted:

Let me rephrase it then: "it's his net worth to deflate by making dumb investments". He is not going to make back the billions he wasted. He blew them on an ego-trip. But he still has plenty assets to live like a king - and do this again. It is horrifying and entrancing to watch this circus at a distance - but it's really just a macrocosm of some middle class shmuck with a good net worth losing a chunk of it to bad crypto-investments. Elon might be sad for a while - he might be bitter for the rest of life even - but unless he ups the stupid-ante or repeats this trick one time too many he is more likely to die at the peak of wealth in some dumb accident or from a heart attack than to crash and burn in humility from this failed venture. And sure he might go on a spiral of crazy stunts until he ends up like a more spectacular version of John Macafee - but he might not. He might convince himself the billions of net worth lost paid back for themselves through an awesome ride on the centre-of-attention coaster.

TL;DR - he can fail horribly at making up those billions, move on and still be insanely rich.

I am not applauding this or him - I just think those who are convinced this is the end of Elon Musk as a businessman and wealthy public person are as deluded as those who think him some kind of genius hero.
All his net worth is tied to his reputation of being a genius technoking though. No way Tesla is worth as much as all other car manufacturers combined unless you've bought into the idea that he'll make robotaxis a thing by the end of the year thus instantly generating infinite revenue.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol Elon Musk had two-factor authentication turned off today, so if you use that service on your Twitter account, you can't login now.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Why are people ITT doing that thing they did (and still do :rolleyes:) with Trump where you deliberately misspell his name?
Because it's cool to call them dump and felon mollusk. Also I don't want to soil my keyboard by typing their names properly.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

:tinfoil: elong tusk searches his name all the time what if he finds the forums and offers 420.69 million for it :ohdear:

(its fun)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

stdh. If a company is able to compensate you well, they're also likely to be the kind of place that appreciates employees enough to not mandate working through lunch breaks.

I work for a European branch of a San Jose tech company. OT during crunch periods is strictly opt-in. We're all salaried at different levels, but it works out about 2x per hour what the average person here would earn if they were paid hourly. Back when we still worked in the office OT pizza and beer were just expensed thank you items above the regular free snacks/coffee/sodas we had in the office.

Since everyone went to WFH we've replaced them with Amazon or JustEat/Deliveroo vouchers, but the primary motivator behind people doing OT has always been getting that bump in their next pay statement.

Just left a well compensated job where I could not consistently afford three squares a day

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
My job pays me not to eat lunch. The boss loves to hear me moan with hunger. He offers his boot as a substitute and I can’t get enough of the taste.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Because we all know who we're talking about so we might as well type some junk that amuses us for the barest fraction of a second.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

roffles posted:

:tinfoil: elong tusk searches his name all the time what if he finds the forums and offers 420.69 million for it :ohdear:

(its fun)

Hey I want my share of $420.69m.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/EricFrohnhoefer/status/1592198356579016704

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Eric missed a perfect crying emoji opportunity

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

What is that Emoji anyways? A hat? A hand on head?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tarkus posted:

What is that Emoji anyways? A hat? A hand on head?

It's a salute

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

kazil posted:

It's a salute

Ah, thanks. It was bugging me.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It is emoji 1fae1 - Saluting Face.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Firing somebody because they told you the truth seems like a bad business strategy.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
The people responsible for new emojis should just add a checkmark emoji to gently caress with Elon. That way everyone can be verified on everything

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Easy enough.

Carbage fail kids

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Roblo posted:

Here you go, the worst yet.

the most cursed thing ive seen this year

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

These conservative Elon cucks think everyone else has the same lovely degrading job they do, they can’t comprehend someone talking back to their boss

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Jesus loving christ, this website's going to be dead by the end of 2022.

So it won't even make it till 8:30pm?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

kazil posted:

doesn't this guy have a few businesses to run or dozens of kids to spend time with instead of posting to twitter all day?

This is quite possibly the hardest he's ever worked in his entire life. And he's just managing by tweets.

And Twitter is suffering for it.

Lol

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Funky Pee Funky Doodoo

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Squibbles posted:

Yes but it is also apparently alarmingly easy to steal someone's phone number apparently. Last I heard it was generally pretty easy to convince reps over the phone to transfer your account to a new SIM or whatever. Even if you have previously told them to keep your account locked.

At the very least anywhere that cares about security should support tokens/apps for 2FA

Yeah, SIM hijacking is prevalent. Thought it got better since that one time at Defcon someone literally brought in a Verizon minicell and started intercepting calls live (Defcon rules literally say things that attacks on wireless is to be expected)

I am going from how those Overwatch 2 players were complaining of how the strict requirement to have a permanent phone number and only associate it to a single account was making people not able to play the game being they were on preplan phones.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Tumsk

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

:lol:

Holy poo poo

Also :lol: at Elon asking help from randos instead of, you know, the 6 Twitter employees left whom are, I assume, the cream of the crop.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Castor Poe posted:

Holy poo poo

Also :lol: at Elon asking help from randos instead of, you know, the 6 Twitter employees left whom are, I assume, the cream of the crop.

Rightwing grifters and crypto scammers give really good programing advice.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Moving forward, any posts deliberately misspelling Musk's name will be suspended.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Castor Poe posted:

Holy poo poo

Twitter doesn't have any programmers left. The only staff left are cafeteria employees, cranking out massive loads of food

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
You mean Trimp? Yeah I don't know either. Hopefully Musky bans this practice for good.

All his net worth is tied to his reputation of being a genius technoking though. No way Tesla is worth as much as all other car manufacturers combined unless you've bought into the idea that he'll make robotaxis a thing by the end of the year thus instantly generating infinite revenue.

If he lost 99.5% of his notional money he would still be a billionaire, it's just fun watching him be an idiot really

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Ratjaculation posted:

Moving forward, any posts deliberately misspelling Musk's name will be suspended.

🤣🤣🤣

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I said come in! posted:

lol Elon Musk had two-factor authentication turned off today, so if you use that service on your Twitter account, you can't login now.

https://twitter.com/jengolbeck/status/1592259104697102337

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Ratjaculation posted:

Let's see this post again with the blue check mark. You can never be too sure

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Ratjaculation posted:

no misspelling is going to be funnier than his name being a smell from the secretion of a deer gland that was thought to resemble a scrotum, and it means testicle in Sanskrit (source Wikipedia)

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

kazil posted:

Twitter doesn't have any programmers left. The only staff left are cafeteria employees, cranking out massive loads of food

Grill cook has been promoted to lead programmer.

Edit:

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 14, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He finally got fired
https://twitter.com/EricFrohnhoefer/status/1592287037805441024

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

deoju posted:

Firing somebody because they told you the truth seems like a bad business strategy.

Elon Musk company strategy
- Fire anyone that disagree with me
- Fire anyone brining bad news

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ratjaculation posted:

Mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Ratjaculation posted:

I trust we can still call him ol' musky.