Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

calandryll posted:

Speaking of Techmoan. I went down the rabbithole of buying MiniDisc Players. I had one in the early 2000s and loved it.

I'm not good with money.

oh man I forgot about the in-line remotes with little screens. Those were pretty damned good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

god this blows posted:

oh man I forgot about the in-line remotes with little screens. Those were pretty damned good.

I forgot how much I love these things. I ended up buying a set of 10 discs and currently ripping the playlists off of them for posterity sake.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Continuing my midlife crisis with some pretty subdued rollerblades.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

can you grind

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

lament.cfg posted:

can you grind

Yes I've seen him on grinder

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Taking a gamble on a Jasper gaming table. Heard they had some build quality/consistency issues when they first launched, but the recent reviews I've found have been largely positive. My friends and I do a ton of board gaming so fingers crossed I don't get a dud.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Another guitar

Firefly Bad Cat, a copy of the old Hohner that Prince played. $227 shipped to my door. Double bound body, flame maple top and back with a walnut stripe down the middle. Damned impressive for the price.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

widefault posted:

Another guitar

Firefly Bad Cat, a copy of the old Hohner that Prince played. $227 shipped to my door. Double bound body, flame maple top and back with a walnut stripe down the middle. Damned impressive for the price.

Where are you picking these up, ebay?

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Where are you picking these up, ebay?

Firefly has their own online store

https://guitarsgarden.com/

Some of them end up on Amazon, probably the ones that aren't selling, and they do sell some on ebay now and then. I think those are the returns usually.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Argyle posted:

Taking a gamble on a Jasper gaming table. Heard they had some build quality/consistency issues when they first launched, but the recent reviews I've found have been largely positive. My friends and I do a ton of board gaming so fingers crossed I don't get a dud.

I have one and I love it

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

calandryll posted:

Speaking of Techmoan. I went down the rabbithole of buying MiniDisc Players. I had one in the early 2000s and loved it.

I'm not good with money.

I had to buy one of these bad boys for college. The prof was insistent that it had to be minidisc, had to be this model for field recordings. It was a giant pain to get those recordings back off again with software, but we were actually made to connect the headphone out into a 3.5mm input in a recording studio to get them. Maybe they made the wrong choice on purpose to evoke the old days of transferring media? Anyway the laser failed after less than 3 years and it was going to cost more to repair it than to replace it.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

lament.cfg posted:

can you grind

Yeah, I've fully committed to being an aggressive inline skater and film little edits of myself to get kudos from the other manbabies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kq9B8KxRwQ

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ve been off and on about getting a longboard for my neighborhood trips to the bodega. These blade posts are making me want to pull the trigger.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Get you an electric one or an one wheel if you really hate money. There a place you can buy/rent them over at Camp North End.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Warbird posted:

Get you an electric one or an one wheel if you really hate money. There a place you can buy/rent them over at Camp North End.

Then have the guy at the tire shop hate you because they're a bitch to replace.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Tenterhooks posted:

Continuing my midlife crisis with some pretty subdued rollerblades.

one of us one of us one of us ('cept i skate wizard bc i'm old and fragile and afraid)

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

god this blows posted:

I can't see one of those and not think about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymNFyxvIdaM

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I very badly want a microtech knife but switchblades are illegal in my state and I also don’t have a spare $400, so I ordered a Civivi Chronic.

Warbird posted:

Post your thoughts on the program once you wrap up. I’d be interested in hearing them.

Pretty painless, basically it was the same as just buying and returning stuff but without charging a bunch of money and waiting for a refund.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Craftsman M250 with a Honda GCV160 motor. Normally I wouldn't get a gas mower but a friend was selling their never-used unit for a good price. Now I need to sell the ancient Black & Decker electric mower I got from another friend.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Coffee And Pie posted:

I very badly want a microtech knife but switchblades are illegal in my state and I also don’t have a spare $400, so I ordered a Civivi Chronic.

Pretty painless, basically it was the same as just buying and returning stuff but without charging a bunch of money and waiting for a refund.

I have the Civivi Baby Banter and it's fantastic. It's perfectly centered with no lock rock and the edge is pretty good for factory. They make really good quality for the price.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
X-Box Series S:

Microsoft has them for $250 ($50 off) for the holidays, and Target is throwing in a $50 GC if you buy online and do in-store pickup, so functionally $200 since I have plenty I'll have to buy at Target between now and...well, ever. I'll probably use the GC within a day of getting it for gifts for other people.

I have a PS5, and have just been jealous of the overall MUCH better quality and quantity of games I see on GamePass, and I don't have any real gaming PC setup, so the Series S is perfect for me, just going to be a Gamepass Stream Machine.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

No poo poo, the PS5 has like five exclusives... however, I bought Demon's Souls remake two full loving years ago, digital deluxe and everything, so I just ordered a PS5 today. Apparently that's a thing now, you can just go on PS Direct and buy one, what a time to have waited two whole loving years be alive!

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

I figured it was time to upgrade my chair, as a sort of graduation present to myself. Compared to the previous one, this one feels like there's an actual massage therapist hidden in there.

The cat laid claim to it immediately, of course.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Those Japanese toilets are super nice

mystes
May 31, 2006

Spy_Guy posted:

I figured it was time to upgrade my chair, as a sort of graduation present to myself. Compared to the previous one, this one feels like there's an actual massage therapist hidden in there.

The cat laid claim to it immediately, of course.
Maybe you can sit in it when the cat goes on an away mission

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed
Socks on sale!

Darn Tough socks best socks.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is it a promo code or something? I don’t see anything advertised on their site, but my wife loves those socks.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I have a 15% code they gave for reviewing a recent order but would be excited for something more. I have just about every style of their running socks and a bunch of lightweight casual and midweight hiking socks. they're fantastic.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

jfff posted:

Socks on sale!

yeah where's this at? I love those socks.

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed

IUG posted:

Is it a promo code or something? I don’t see anything advertised on their site, but my wife loves those socks.

Good Dog posted:

I have a 15% code they gave for reviewing a recent order but would be excited for something more. I have just about every style of their running socks and a bunch of lightweight casual and midweight hiking socks. they're fantastic.

El Mero Mero posted:

yeah where's this at? I love those socks.

socksaddict.com runs an annual holiday sale. Darn Tough and a bunch of other brands are 25% off.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Coffee And Pie posted:

Oh that is pretty. I love the design, you're right that it's similar to a Microtech.

drat the law though, if you want a Microtech get one. It's just a knife. I once 'knew' a Damascus steel Combat Troodon and I loved it so much. Steak just tasted better when it was cut with that knife. And I live in Canada.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It wouldn’t even be my first switchblade tbh, I just wanna be able to carry it without worrying a cop is gonna take it away.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

decided to upgrade my whittling game:

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

jfff posted:

Socks on sale!

Agreed. If there’s a better sock I haven’t found it yet. I’m gonna guess that was at least a $300 order right there.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Finished cobbling together a flowerbed just in time for winter, so I picked up some dutch garden bulbs!

Idea is something different should be coming into bloom throughout the spring and summer :sun:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Didn't pay for it today but only received it today: an ID card. Haven't had official ID since my passport expired in 2011. Was finally inspired to get one when I tried to deposit money into my co-op account at their grocery store and they declined because I didn't have official ID.

e: ^^^ I like that the retaining wall looks like Turkish delight.
ee: Sorry, won't post a picture of my ID :newlol:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 08:47 on Nov 21, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

A grocery store co-op?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Warbird posted:

A grocery store co-op?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co-operative_Group
Yeah, co-operative grocery retail has been a thing in the UK for a very long time but most of it since the 80s has been all brought into a single group. Don't know if this is the exact co-op Megadoodoo is talking about but it's the main one I'm familiar with.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Warbird posted:

A grocery store co-op?

Where do you think co-operative farmers sell their produce?

e: That's not what it is tho :troll:, it's a retail co-op that has their own bank.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 14:39 on Nov 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m gonna separate so much oil from so much air.

Also lol I had it in portrait mode.