Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwuL58xeyv0&t=173s

Also timestamp for a short clip of plasma gameplay, sans sound.

Just gibs everything in one shot, looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Exodee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwuL58xeyv0
While this video is meant for beginners, there's a lot of footage of the later maps and weapons. (including the bolter which looks awesome :getin:)

Edit: He also shows off the hub functions, and there's apparently a holodeck where you can test your loadout against whatever enemies you've unlocked (though only as static dummies unfortunately)

The Stormvermin patrol equivalent (corrupted company) sounds absolutely brutal. Just a firing line of hot murder.

Seen a couple new specials on display, including a berserker analog. Didn't see any tox flamers like the beta but they have regular flamethrower now. He mentioned that fire damage now wipes out all of your toughness, so that's going to be a new challenge.

From his reporting the first days of early access will be pretty restricted and they will start staging out new levels and weapons in waves during the early access.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the deal with plasma in the tabletop is it’s crazy powerful but has a 1/6 chance of exploding or something like that, right?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Lmfao I cannot take using the bolter as a human being in first person seriously. It's so thicc.

Cowcaster posted:

the deal with plasma in the tabletop is it’s crazy powerful but has a 1/6 chance of exploding or something like that, right?

Yeah, most of the games just do a Gears of War style reload overheat or limited ammo.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Cowcaster posted:

IIRC In the newer rules it's only if you overcharge it so there is on theory a safe-ish way to operate it. The ork equivalent can only be overcharged and is always hot.

In game it looks like it's represented by a VT overheat meter, so you have the regular ammo and also the heat to manage in exchange for its power and armor loving capabilities.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I haven't preordered yet, but if I buy it on say the 20th, will I be able to play in the beta? I'd prefer to wait till next payday and I won't have time to play till then anyway, but if not I'll get it on credit today.

Orv
May 4, 2011

field balm posted:

I haven't preordered yet, but if I buy it on say the 20th, will I be able to play in the beta? I'd prefer to wait till next payday and I won't have time to play till then anyway, but if not I'll get it on credit today.

You should be, if other games that have done this are any indication. You might not get the pre-order stuff anymore but don't quote me on it.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

From reddit

Orv
May 4, 2011
Sorry I only do at least two thirds story missions.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In the bleak grimdark future of 40k, there are only bar graphs.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

this is an extremely pro click, it's a ton of gameplay from what appears to be the preview beta opening this week

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

In the bleak grimdark future of 40k, there are only bar graphs.

Seriously, how the gently caress do you show ping as a loving bar graph?

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Explosionface posted:

Seriously, how the gently caress do you show ping as a loving bar graph?

It’s a meme image from someone mad about the weapon stat UI from the previous beta.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Wow. Way to make a lazpistol actually look like fun to use. Also, the section in the "movement" part of the video where he talks about stuff like hitboxes and more accurate movement sound really, really nice after five+ years of Vermintide's nonsense.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 15, 2022

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Orv posted:

You should be, if other games that have done this are any indication. You might not get the pre-order stuff anymore but don't quote me on it.

Thanks for the response, I'll grab it later today to be safe!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Two days left! So hype!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pennsylvanian posted:

Wow. Way to make a lazpistol actually look like fun to use. Also, the section in the "movement" part of the video where he talks about stuff like hitboxes and more accurate movement sound really, really nice after five+ years of Vermintide's nonsense.

I'll miss you chaos warriors with the heelie roller blade boots.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Very hyped.

Have we heard anything about preloading yet? Every time I try to search I only see mentions about it for the closed beta.

[Edit: official discord says no news yet]

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 15, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does Gamepass allow access to the early beta?

In any case I was going to use that to play this until I learned that Gamepass players does not have crossplay with Steam.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

In any case I was going to use that to play this until I learned that Gamepass players does not have crossplay with Steam.

Steam only unfortunately.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Welp, Imma idiot; Preordered even though I will be traveling from Wednesday till Saturday. Though on the plus side that seems like sufficient time to see if Fatshark...well, Fatsharks it up.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

DeathSandwich posted:

I'll miss you chaos warriors with the heelie roller blade boots.

Dont worry, space Maulers do the same scoot-n-bonk as fantasy Maulers

Unlucky7 posted:

If need be you can refund at any point before release regardless how many hours you put into the preorder beta

I was pretty set on Ogryn to start but that bolter and plasma gun gameplay is very tempting.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fishstick posted:

If need be you can refund at any point before release regardless how many hours you put into the preorder beta

That may depend on if Valve conciders the beta to be the same as the game proper, at least in regards to the "No questions asked if played for less than 2 hours for 2 weeks" side of things..

Orv
May 4, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

That may depend on if Valve conciders the beta to be the same as the game proper, at least in regards to the "No questions asked if played for less than 2 hours for 2 weeks" side of things..

The rules for pre-order betas typically allow for full refunds at any point before the official store page date regardless of play time. It’s been the case for quite a few things, even those using the same main client.

Estel
May 4, 2010
Unless Valve has changed policies pre-order betas are not subject to the time limits for refunds. Time played in the beta does not count towards time played in refund policy.

Edit:

https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

quote:

REFUNDS ON PRE-PURCHASED TITLES
When you pre-purchase a title on Steam (and have paid for the title in advance), you can request a refund at any time prior to release of that title. The standard 14-day/two-hour refund period also applies, starting on the game’s release date.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress it, i preordered after seeing the open/bright maps, the weapons and the psyker. i was gonna be boring and start with Vet but now i'm questioning that...

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
That 30 minute video made me really happy I went whole hog on the imperial edition, the game is absolutely going to deliver in big ways.

Also jesus christ that bolter is a loving chunkasaurus railgun gib machine lol it's sooo stupid

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Fishstick posted:

I was pretty set on Ogryn to start but that bolter and plasma gun gameplay is very tempting.
Yeah same, think I'll be rolling a Zealot instead. That eviscerator looks amazing too :black101:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, I was leaning towards psyker fairly heavily, but between bolter, flamer, and eviscerator, the Zealot is looking very tempting.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Gonna make one of each character at the start but I'm probably going to focus on zealot as my first character. Maybe the psyker will be my number 2.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I assume the geforce now functionality won't work until the actual proper release date of the game? My comp almost definitely won't run this I think so been planning to play it using that service, had decent results with it for other games and they've been using it to advertise the service so figure all the fancy effects will probably look pretty good with it.

Guess since I'd have to buy it anyway to potentially play the bonus thing and I am planning to buy it regardless, I can just pre order it, try it on thursday/friday and see how it runs.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
They're going to have to nerf the las pistol + sword combination into the ground for me not to take it, because my brain hates the time lost switching weapons.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Making a Vet just because I mained Kruber in the last two games and want to go with something different.

Remind me, if you preorder any time during the beta you'll get in, right? Or does it actually have to be before the 17th?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm still pretty well settled in on my large boy slapping maulers to death and giggling hysterically for my first character. That 30 minute video had grenade fists in it and hoo boy. I wasn't sure if they were going to go "melee weapon primarily with ancillary grenade attack" or "ranged weapon primary with a powerful melee secondary attack" and it looks like they are opting for the latter. Looks like it had an absolute ton of ammo too, I could of swore I seen like 20+ shots for it.

Chunkasaurus bolter sounds interesting, but sharpshooter will probably be my third or last class leveled. Probably going to go psyker second. Not sure on the voice yet, I feel like everyone is probably going to go with the germanic "foreshortened lifespans" guy. I might do the female French lady or the bootleg Sienna.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Vet or Zealot for me as I'm kind of keen to keep it ranged combat only.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think anyone trying to do ranged only is going to have a bad time, but the Zealot specifically seems to be a more melee focused character.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

As a sienna main easy choice for me. Magic is always fun

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

Remind me, if you preorder any time during the beta you'll get in, right? Or does it actually have to be before the 17th?

Every other thing of this type on Steam you get in when you purchase during the run time of the pre-order period so it’d be pretty weird if it weren’t the case here.

Not as a dunk on you, mind, just some odd comments via the developers that don’t really confirm or deny exactly with regards to Nvidia GPU codes.

Internet Explorer posted:

I think anyone trying to do ranged only is going to have a bad time, but the Zealot specifically seems to be a more melee focused character.

I did a bunch of runs as vet in the second beta where I only pulled out a melee if things went very wrong. The higher power basic lasrifles (both in Power number and high damage/low RoF) had so much ammo that it overflowed the ammo counter. Mind that only works out to around 400 shots or so since it’s 3 a pop with the standard pattern but the ammo return vet passive seemed to trigger fairly often. It’ll be slightly less viable to do that exclusively on higher difficulties but it worked fine for me up to and including 3.

Orv fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

Veteran can fight in melee fine, but most of its talents benefit ranged gameplay, whereas most of zealots benefit the melee, so while both are stuck in close the zealot is going to be doing slightly more crit, slightly more damage, and recharging their armor faster than the veteran.

But it would be a mistake to say the veteran is helpless or weak in melee, they still get access to most of the same weapons.