Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Anyone have any Sera decks that work well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

team overhead smash posted:

Anyone have any Sera decks that work well?

How many do you want?

Negative Seratonin

Angela Okoye Bishop Cosmo
Mr Fantastic Wolfsbane Jubilee Mr Negative
Shang-Chi Blue Marvel Iron Man Sera

Sera Destroy

Nova Hood Angela Bucky
Carnage Mojo Mysterio Bishop
Deathlok Killmonger Enchantress Sera

Sera Miracle

Ant-Man Angela Armor Colleen Wing
Lizard Mojo Mysterio Bishop
Maximus Dracula Sera America Chavez

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I love you X-Mansion.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What are some good decks that use Jubilee, seems like you need something top-heavy and able to endure RNG.

Edit: ah I see one above... I can see Mr Negative playing nice with her

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

What are some good decks that use Jubilee, seems like you need something top-heavy and able to endure RNG.

Yeah, she's a triple synergy: she's an extra chance to draw Neg, she draws an additional negative card if played after Neg, and she herself flips to be a 1/4.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Lockjaw and Jubilee go hand in hand (or paw).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I tried to put this deck together yesterday but realized I didn't actually have Mystique, but then I lucked into getting her this morning and decided to take it out for a spin

Good poo poo

code:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Gambit
# (3) Wave
# (3) Thor
# (4) Wong
# (5) Magik
# (5) Sera
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Onslaught

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm finding it hard to phrase this for Google:

How many cards should I have of one cost, two cost, etc. Obviously it varies but what are some options, considerations, etc.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I just saw the craziest thing on OrdinaryHarry's stream. Harry's first play is Jubilee left on turn 3. Jubilee hits Arnim Zola, which copies Jubilee into mid and right. In mid she pulls Odin, and the second pop pulls Shang-Chi. In right she pulls Doom. From an empty board to eight cards and 28 power in one turn.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Jedit posted:

I just saw the craziest thing on OrdinaryHarry's stream. Harry's first play is Jubilee left on turn 3. Jubilee hits Arnim Zola, which copies Jubilee into mid and right. In mid she pulls Odin, and the second pop pulls Shang-Chi. In right she pulls Doom. From an empty board to eight cards and 28 power in one turn.

lol cool

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

playing in the mid 70s, i snapped on t2. my opponent played t3, t4, and t5 into danger room and lost all three times, culminating on t5 by him playing devil dinosaur and getting that zapped. at which point he snapped back. now that's good tilting!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
been playing this for a few week now and never thought to check for a thread. I was stuck around 41 but got up to 65 last night once I stopping playing like a scrub and started retreating more often when things were looking like a go by turn 3

been playing around with Klaw, Mr. Fantastic and Onslaught for contesting zones I'm not even in

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

It feels like half the game is knowing when you're in too deep early enough to mitigate cube loss.

As someone climbing in pool 2, there is a wonderful satisfaction of Shang Chi-ing a lane over to your side, especially after your opponent snaps or spams Thanos emote. I know a few stars have to align for that to happen, but man I live for that.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Ubersandwich posted:

As someone climbing in pool 2, there is a wonderful satisfaction of Shang Chi-ing a lane over to your side, especially after your opponent snaps or spams Thanos emote. I know a few stars have to align for that to happen, but man I live for that.

the perfect version of this is when someone pulls off a combo like 4 Novas on bar sinister or something to get normal scrub cards up to 9 and THEN you shang chi them

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

I am trying to find good Jubilee decks too. Been playing with these (still Pool 2) but need to improve my skill.

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nova
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (6) Odin

# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Morph
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Leech
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (5) Vision
# (6) Odin
# (6) Hulk
# (6) The Infinaut

anchorite
Sep 22, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm finding it hard to phrase this for Google:

How many cards should I have of one cost, two cost, etc. Obviously it varies but what are some options, considerations, etc.

The term you're looking for 'curve'. For MTG it's the 'mana curve'. I guess for snap it would be an energy or cost curve.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Curve is very archetype dependent and even pool dependent. Pool 1 goodstuff should run 4 or 5 1 costs because there isnt punishment for spamming them and two 1 drops are much better than one 2 cost. Pool 2 goodstuff is all devil dino which makes you not want to dump your hand and killmonger is there to punish lots of 1 drops anyways. Beyond pool 2 decks run specific strategies and your deck's composition will generally be determined by factors other than the optimal curve out.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I built a Mr Negative deck and never drew him once in five consecutive games.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ubersandwich posted:

buffalo all day posted:

the perfect version of this is when someone pulls off a combo like 4 Novas on bar sinister or something to get normal scrub cards up to 9 and THEN you shang chi them

Not quite that, but here's the last turn of a game I played yesterday with the Ka-Zar last-turn one-drops deck

I genuinely have no clue why they played their Apocalypse there, I'm like 80% sure they'd have won if they'd played him mid (I think my cards were Squirrel Girl and maybe Blade? but it doesn't matter too much). Also no idea why I hadn't played Ka-Zar already, I can't remember now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My first pool 3 card was falcon... but then my second one was beast!?!?!? I guess two wrongs make a right.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

i've seen that weird bishop + discard deck a few times and i'ts always been bots (or humans who love to play blade on t1 with a bunch of cards in hand they don't want to discard??)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

buffalo all day posted:

i've seen that weird bishop + discard deck a few times and i'ts always been bots (or humans who love to play blade on t1 with a bunch of cards in hand they don't want to discard??)

Yeah the Discard deck isn't unplayable, especially in pool 2 with Swarm, but I didn't have much luck with it. Discarding Apocalypse is fun, but it's an obvious play, and with some prediction you just get Shang-Chi'd. You don't want to run much protection, since you don't want to discard it, so it's a bit tough. I hear it gets more consistent in pool 3 with some late game synergies, and Colleen Wing (2/4 discard your cheapest card)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have an Apocalypse deck, a Death deck, and now a Destroyer deck and they're all fun as hell. I might not win as much as with my Kazar deck, but it's less predictable and more interesting

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

Curve is very archetype dependent and even pool dependent. Pool 1 goodstuff should run 4 or 5 1 costs because there isnt punishment for spamming them and two 1 drops are much better than one 2 cost. Pool 2 goodstuff is all devil dino which makes you not want to dump your hand and killmonger is there to punish lots of 1 drops anyways. Beyond pool 2 decks run specific strategies and your deck's composition will generally be determined by factors other than the optimal curve out.

Just got into Diamond (=rank 60) playing Kazoo. I think 90% of my games are either retreat or snap (me and/or my opponent), only very rarely do I go to the last turn with no snapping. I either have Kazaar+BM and I'm pretty sure I'm winning (except if they play Moon Girl on 4 and snap, that's an instant retreat), or I don't and I'm pretty sure I'm losing. There's very, very little in between.

And yeah, if I have to put 1-cost cards out before the final turn, they get Killmongered. But if that happens or I get snapped on, I just retreat, it's not worth the risk.

I wish there was some kind of non-rank area where I could try new decks. The Infinity-rank overlords can test weird poo poo out all they want because 100 is a floor they can't go below, but the plebs is sort of forced to only play tried and trusted decks if they don't want to lose rank. And I want that card back dammit.

On the plus side, got a new pool 3 card: Wave. That makes the current pool 3 list:

Black Cat
Daredevil
Debrii
Electro
Jane Foster The Mighty Thor
Mojo
Ultron
Wave
Wong

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I haven't been a "pubbie tears" kind of guy until now, but I'm into bronze, it's becoming obvious when my opponent is human, and baiting them into a tilt snap and then snatching up all their little cubes is delicious.

Gamora punches above her weight relative to the other guardians because it's more obvious where cards are going on turn five or six.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

uXs posted:

Just got into Diamond (=rank 60) playing Kazoo. I think 90% of my games are either retreat or snap (me and/or my opponent), only very rarely do I go to the last turn with no snapping. I either have Kazaar+BM and I'm pretty sure I'm winning (except if they play Moon Girl on 4 and snap, that's an instant retreat), or I don't and I'm pretty sure I'm losing. There's very, very little in between.

And yeah, if I have to put 1-cost cards out before the final turn, they get Killmongered. But if that happens or I get snapped on, I just retreat, it's not worth the risk.

I wish there was some kind of non-rank area where I could try new decks. The Infinity-rank overlords can test weird poo poo out all they want because 100 is a floor they can't go below, but the plebs is sort of forced to only play tried and trusted decks if they don't want to lose rank. And I want that card back dammit.

On the plus side, got a new pool 3 card: Wave. That makes the current pool 3 list:

Black Cat
Daredevil
Debrii
Electro
Jane Foster The Mighty Thor
Mojo
Ultron
Wave
Wong

Nice! So far I have

Wong
Agatha
Kingpin
Wasp
Psylocke
Aero

I know wong is good but i dont love him honestly, he comes out t4 and it's so obvious what you're doing that you rarely get to pull off the combo. The rest I'm really struggling with, feel like they're niche cards at best.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

Nice! So far I have

Wong
Agatha
Kingpin
Wasp
Psylocke
Aero

I know wong is good but i dont love him honestly, he comes out t4 and it's so obvious what you're doing that you rarely get to pull off the combo. The rest I'm really struggling with, feel like they're niche cards at best.

Yeah, Wong is obvious. Unless you play somewhere else. There's a pretty obvious drawback to that though. (Same with Jessica Jones, you would have to be crazy to just play another card on top of her. Except that sometimes wins you the game.)

Agatha yeah, she's niche incarnated.

Kingpin works well with Magneto, and Aero for that matter.

Wasp needs Lockjaw.

Psylocke seems great for decks that can use that extra energy.

And apparently Aero is currently the best card in the game. Probably needs other stuff though, I don't have her so I haven't looked into decks for her yet.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tender Bender posted:

My start-of-Pool-3 Jubilee deck is as follows:

Domino [To have a guaranteed play in the starting turns, while not diluting draws later. Originally I was playing Domino and Quicksilver to synergize with Captain America but I took Quicksilver out to stick in Killmonger instead. See below.]

Captain America [To buff a location with many bodies on board. Possibly better with Quicksilver for 1/2/3 curve but still good otherwise.]
Storm [Gets the opponent's attention, can lock down a location they're not at, removes obnoxious location abilities, etc., etc.]
Hulk Buster [In addition to being a solid body, if this is pulled by Jubilee, it frees up a slot for you to potentially play something on turn 5 and Odin on turn 6 and get a 4th pull.]
Killmonger [You'll usually hit something with him. We play no 1-drops, so we can always play him at no risk to ourselves. And it feels great if your opponent relies on him. Double-able with Odin.]
Wave [Lets you cheat out big drops, and can sometimes bait opponent to play their Devil Dino, etc., early so you know what to respond to. You can also roll over the battlecry with Odin played next turn. There's an alternate win condition here to lock down decks that play many cards as a pseudo-Sandman.]

Jessica Jones [A good card with big stats.]
Jubilee [One of the key cards in the deck. Pulls out anything between good and great value. If she pulls Odin, the effect happens twice!]

Spider-Woman [Good stats, scaling up to a 5/11 if we play her opposite a full board. Double-able with Odin, too.]
White Tiger [Since we don't run Nightcrawler, we need some way to sneak into locations like Sanctum Sanctorum, Storm's Flooded area, etc. White Tiger is it. We'll be playing her with Odin a lot.]

Hulk [A big stick who wins games. Drop him to claim a location. That's it. Hilarious when pulled by Jubilee. Just... watch out for Shang-Chi, OK?]
Odin [Synergizes with a bunch of stuff in the deck. A good alternate finisher.]

If I wanted to increase the curve, I could suggest adding Hobgoblin or Vision to the 5-slot and cutting something - Captain America, Hulk Buster, or Killmonger - from the 3-slot.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol won a game I should have lost after opponent played a turn six Morph who became Carnage and wiped out high value cards that had been providing support to a neighboring location.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Please don't run Domino or Quicksilver, they eat your early draws for very mediocre plays.

People run America Chavez because it guarantees you a below-rate 6-drop that won't polute your hand early on, making your other cards more likely before turn 6.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You only put Domino in something ridiculous like this.

Which was fun for a few days when Shuri's Lab was a hot location, but now it feels too unreliable to me. However, I did not actually play Domino if I got an early Sunspot most of the time. Also, with that deck you will get Hobgoblin the moment your Odin interacts with Jubilee. Those cards are so fun tho!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 15, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Out of curiosity - why wouldnt you play domino with sunspot out? It's one more power and can't be mongered.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

PJOmega posted:

Please don't run Domino or Quicksilver, they eat your early draws for very mediocre plays.

Under normal circumstances, yes. I let myself get talked into the Domino/Quicksilver line by a friend.

I think it works in the deck I posted because, and only because, the deck plays one card per turn and this way it's doing something on turns 1 and 2 rather than passing. (My original build of the deck had Sunspot, Lizard, and Elektra, but then there was the possibility for Jubilee to whiff).

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Wongbo combo occasionally get shuts down by cosmo (Or a well timed Shang Chi) but I'm still hitting people with this for +8 on the reg

I think this earlyish pool 3 people just aren't expecting the zola, so they are like cool you have a giant black panther in one lane and nothing in the other two, I'm still gonna win/snap

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

I built a Mr Negative deck and never drew him once in five consecutive games.

It's a high variance deck. If you haven't played him by turn 4 you'll generally retreat - although not always, depending how you build it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I hate mr. Negative. The discord keeps trying to tell me its good but it was less consistent than a julibee deck. And the payoffs are just okay.

I think you need Magick for the 7 turns games or else you just draw something like bishop and lose.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Quackles posted:

My start-of-Pool-3 Jubilee deck is as follows:
This lineup has gotten my rank from the mid-20s to the mid-40s in the space of a couple of hours, so cheers!

Only thing is that I don't have Wave yet, so I put Shang-Chi in instead

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Well I did it, t5 kingpin to t6 aero for the win. Feels improbable

Crini
Sep 2, 2011
It’s the little things in this game.

My opponent plays Scorpion on Bar Sinister on Turn 2. The Turn 3 location reveal is the one that flips the power and cost of all the cards in your hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are the Fast Upgrades in the shop worth buying?