Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HookShot posted:

I was one of those “pickles on pizza sounds disgusting” until I tried it and yeah incredible.

It just works.

I've had a cheeseburger pizza with pickles, onions, ketchup, mustard and ground beef - its legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Thank god he put his real name to make it easier to root him out of job interviews

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Thank god he put his real name to make it easier to root him out of job interviews

And he paid $8/month for Twitter, lmao.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Bucket head has a bright future as pps future blood boy

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I know when I interview people for my department the first thing I hope for is someone who hates rules and engages is malicious compliance

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

He either a) is a petroleum engineer of some kind in which case he'll easily find a chud subcontractor to work for or b) is gonna get on the wingnut welfare train

NE: oops I thought he was in Alberta, but (a) still stands. Remember how LIUNA was about masks and mandates?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Isentropy posted:

He either a) is a petroleum engineer of some kind in which case he'll easily find a chud subcontractor to work for or b) is gonna get on the wingnut welfare train

NE: oops I thought he was in Alberta, but (a) still stands. Remember how LIUNA was about masks and mandates?

i think he's a student, since he's posting images from being in class and looks about 20. but yeah he'll find a place once he graduates. also paid for the checkmark lol

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Karatela posted:

Agreed, allergies aside the only nut worse than macadamia is almonds.
I'm not too big on sweets, but chocolate covered almonds are basically my crack cocaine.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Isentropy posted:

This is going to shock your balls off.

He's a future serial PPC candidate.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm taking a wild guess that he's either studying business or politics, and that the bucket was entirely redundant for embarrassing himself.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/concodanomics/status/1591232063906217984

lol

https://twitter.com/kevinolearytv/status/1591547384101847042

lmao

https://twitter.com/kevinolearytv/status/1591432730788536321

God I hope he had millions stashed in that garbage fire.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Arivia posted:

Takes a lot of confidence to be a furry in a gray forum, good for you for living your truth

........well played my friend

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

eXXon posted:

God I hope he had millions stashed in that garbage fire.

I don't give a poo poo if he had a cent or a million in there.

I hope he cashed out early based on insider information of malfeasance with a paper trail while still making public statements in support of them. It would be entirely on brand, and absolutely hilarious.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
It's like driving a boat. Sometimes it's smooth sailings, and sometimes your wife gets away with manslaughter.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Powershift posted:

I don't give a poo poo if he had a cent or a million in there.

I hope he cashed out early based on insider information of malfeasance with a paper trail while still making public statements in support of them. It would be entirely on brand, and absolutely hilarious.
Insider trading has been effectively decriminalized pretty much everywhere. Otherwise how would all of these politicians and oligarchs do insider trading?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Didnt one of the provinces premiers sink a bunch of public employee money into bitcoin at one point?

e: I want to say Kenney but it may have been Manitoba's premier whose name I will never remember.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Quebec.

And the Ontario teacher's pension fund.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Kenney took control of public sector pension funds and then used those funds to invest in oil companies. That strategy ended up losing between $2 and $4 billion.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Surely the Viola Desmond of our times.

infernal machines posted:

Quebec.

Luckily the pension only had something like 0.3% of their assets in that idiocy so not too bad, sort of.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mr. Apollo posted:

Kenney took control of public sector pension funds and then used those funds to invest in oil companies. That strategy ended up losing between $2 and $4 billion.

Oh lord I forgot about that one.

infernal machines posted:

Quebec.

That was it! Wow how did I forget it was Quebec? I know not much of the provinces news makes it to Ontario but still...

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Furnaceface posted:

Didnt one of the provinces premiers sink a bunch of public employee money into bitcoin at one point?

e: I want to say Kenney but it may have been Manitoba's premier whose name I will never remember.

Manitoba had Brian Pallister giving some random Alberta company millions of dollars to develop a made in Canada vaccine. Not surprisingly, it was just a big grift and nothing actually came of it.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

ColdBlooded posted:

some random Alberta company

... and when people looked up the company's "headquarters" in Google Maps it was a house in the suburbs.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's "funny" Pallister can just walk away from all this bullshit and not be charged or held to any consequences and just retire rich as gently caress in Costa Rica.

I said it before and I'll say it again - I wish he never was found when he got lost on the hiking trail.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rachel-notley-premier-approval-rating-jason-kenney-danielle-smith-poll-1.6648343

The UCP is so ridiculously poo poo, it’s made Albertans love Notley even more than they did the first time the NDP took power. Just an omnishambles of a political party.

Rurals delenda est.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/cspotweet/status/1592180620884865025?s=20&t=gRv5dzA4uOuVsuAjB7rRLQ

So many people are sick right now. Basically everyone I know at work or socially is either sick themselves or caring for a sick family member. It's loving nuts

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just got over my first covid infection since the whole thing started. I got it basically 6 weeks after getting the moderna bivalent booster as my second booster, which was sort of best-case scenario.

People don't give a gently caress anymore. walking around the grocery store and everybody is sniffling and coughing mask free.

Covid-weakened immune systems seem to be letting influenza and RSV run wild.

Hospitals are full again. the wait time at the emergency room here regularly hits 16 hours.

Smith is reportedly bringing in Trump's "vaccines are a bioweapon" guy so this whole thing should be over by april. The province i mean, the viruses will still be going strong.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

terrorist ambulance posted:

https://twitter.com/cspotweet/status/1592180620884865025?s=20&t=gRv5dzA4uOuVsuAjB7rRLQ

So many people are sick right now. Basically everyone I know at work or socially is either sick themselves or caring for a sick family member. It's loving nuts

"It's not covid, it's just a coincidence that this is happening a few years into the pandemic we're denying the existence of."

- Provincial Educational Ministers

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Remember: Covid doesn't spread in schools

Totally normal that 14% of students are out sick

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I refused to listen to Bonnie and Dix about waiting for the bivalent in the fall, so my husband and I got our fourth (regular) vaccine 3 months ago.

We got our bivalents on Friday morning. By Friday evening, husband had tested positive. I did the next day. Thankfully it’s just been a lovely head cold, but I’m absolutely convinced that it would’ve been worse if I’d listened to those bozos to wait.

I absolutely do not trust anyone now to be looking out for our best interests.

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but you see, the real issue with all this is that you can't get children's tylenol over the counter, don't you know.

Why would there be a shortage? Who can possibly say. Surely these are unrelated issues at play here.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Karatela posted:

Yeah but you see, the real issue with all this is that you can't get children's tylenol fentanyl over the counter, don't you know.

Baby get a bad crack at the chiropractor? Np

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

ColdBlooded posted:

Remember: Covid doesn't spread in schools

Totally normal that 14% of students are out sick
Bunch of RSV too, I bet. Covid, RSV, normal colds, bad flu season, it's going to be a hellscape of illness over the next couple months.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Karatela posted:

Yeah but you see, the real issue with all this is that you can't get children's tylenol over the counter, don't you know.

Why would there be a shortage? Who can possibly say. Surely these are unrelated issues at play here.

I saw no less than 3 couples come in practically begging for children’s Tylenol while waiting for my shot. The pharmacist actually was giving them instructions on how to give a child’s dose with adult medicine.

BUT WE’RE ALL BACK AT WORK! CAPITALISM FOREVER BABY!

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Less than 1% of kids under 5 have gotten vaccinated it's loving incredible how little anyone seems to care

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/andrew_leach/status/1592316443663962112?s=46&t=gyxosJCDRsdpDgBEkPfq0w

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

linoleum floors posted:

Less than 1% of kids under 5 have gotten vaccinated it's loving incredible how little anyone seems to care

It isn't that low, but it's still low, unless you mean something else: https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/

edit: oh maybe you mean Alberta?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

linoleum floors posted:

It's stupid low but if we're talking Canada-wide it's not less than 1%.

It's a whopping 2.4% lol. But 7.3% have had once dose so no idea who all these parents are getting their kid one dose but not dose 2 because it's been available since loving July.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ever since I got my kid his first dose, there has been zero communication from provincial authorities about getting a second. His daycare had a covid case, which caused me to look into it on my own and get him his second dose last weekend.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
how time flies.

https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/1592206109947105280?s=20&t=BIfTJq1fF6hBRLG7vMauig

I'm almost certain there was a thread title related to this once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
I'm willing to bet that about 95% of people think that all vaccines are at least a little bit bad for your health, but they're willing to get them if they can be convinced that the disease will affect them seriously and they're likely to contract it. Now couple that with government officials insisting for about 18 months that kids can't get covid and then that they can but it's really mild and less bad than even a cold, we have nobody wanting to vaccinate their young children.

There might be a lot of kids under 2 whose parents have used their parental leave to stay home with them and thus aren't at a high risk for contracting COVID but I have no idea.

In any case I feel bad for the kids but there's not much I can do about 2/3rds of the adults in this country being such weak willed idiots that they can't do the bear minimum of wearing a mask in retail stores and getting free vaccinations. I've done those things plus not go to bars, restaurants, large public gatherings, small indoor public gatherings (besides immediate family), etc. I can't really do anything else so to the extent that I can I'm going to try not to worry about it too much.