Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Since Lore is a non-combat skill you can let you characters get good at their primary attack skill too.

Lore is the primary attack skill. If you're not using a spell cooldown you're wasting your time in Tyranny. Magic is by far the strongest option in the game, Barik et all are here to be punched in the face while magic wipes out the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Some content-lite articles derived from an Xbox podcast are going around saying Avowed is being retooled. Which, it should be said, is the sort of thing that happens all the time in game development, even with successful titles. But they've lost some devs. Time will tell, I suppose.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Basic Chunnel posted:

Some content-lite articles derived from an Xbox podcast are going around saying Avowed is being retooled. Which, it should be said, is the sort of thing that happens all the time in game development, even with successful titles. But they've lost some devs. Time will tell, I suppose.

Excited to see more content in this universe but still sad that we won't get another game like Deadfire. I like it a lot. Shame it didn't sell as well as they hoped. I can only imagine the improvements they could make if given a chance to make another game in this series.

Avowed may end up being cool but it's obviously gonna be a pretty different style of gameplay for better or worse.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
True, true. I am now playing through Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous. There's a certain charm to its story of cosmic powers allowing you to decide the fate of the world and turning you into a God, with objective Good and Evil and all that jazz. But it's gameplay systems are so imbalanced and so poorly suited to what it's doing it makes me angry I'm not playing PoE2 again.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I tried to play it a couple of times and it feels like if NWN2 was designed in hell, totally agreed it's fun to play some completely unreconstructed high fantasy but PoE2 has it beat mechanically to an absurd extent

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

There are also narrative peculiarities. Pathfinder stories are timeless, you can only tell those stories weren't written in the 70s because of inclusivity. It asks if the guy who says he's good is actually evil, and what if evil looking guy is actually a good one. PoE2 is much more deep and it's probably a story impossible to make today. It's fascinated with the idea of sacrifice in the name of greater good, usually expressed in the game in the question of what if benevolent tyranny can handle challenges better than legitimate or good government. It existed in a relatively short time span between the disillusionment with The End of History idea and, well, recent events. Now that the world is disillusioned with the idea that if you don't put points in freedom in prosperity they go into a military and science PoE2 nuanced approach feels almost apologetic.

Of course it isn't and in no way I'm saying that the story is bad. Just that the ambitious story demands a lot.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

ilitarist posted:

It existed in a relatively short time span between the disillusionment with The End of History idea and, well, recent events. Now that the world is disillusioned with the idea that if you don't put points in freedom in prosperity they go into a military and science PoE2 nuanced approach feels almost apologetic.

...when exactly do you think Deadfire was made?

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Between 2001 and 2020.

I know I probably didn't put enough effort in that post to make it comprehensible but in any case, it shouldn't be taken too seriously as the topic is as subjective as it gets.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Aside from the fact that POE2 didn't sell as well as Obsidian wanted I don't see what's changed that it's a harder story to tell now than in 2018. The world has definitely changed since then but not in anyway I think affects Deadfire's story.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm too lazy to search for the Tumblr post (I think it was one?) where Sawyer said it, but Deadfire apparently had enough legs to get the team a bonus in the end, so while I'm sure that doesn't drastically change the considerations made about it since release (especially since these projects are expensive and justifying the expense + long-term support based on possible future profits after a weak release is very hard) it's nice to hear that at least it wasn't a total flop.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

I sort of hate being reminded about the perceived lacklustre response to Deadfire, because it's one of the best IMO and it bums me out that a 3rd game isn't on the cards.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I've played Deadfire for about 500 hours so it was successful in my heart.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I definitely want to see Avowed be a huge success because it's a world and lore I really want to see more of.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It's less "wasn't a success" and more "wasn't a Divinity Original Sin 2" kind of success, I always thought.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

mitochondritom posted:

I sort of hate being reminded about the perceived lacklustre response to Deadfire, because it's one of the best IMO and it bums me out that a 3rd game isn't on the cards.

I feel that leaving this engine like that is a missed opportunity. They could probably make a sequel or side game with a relatively small budget on this engine the way in the olden days Icewind Dale was. I understand that was Tyranny was and it wasn't a very successful game but it was a great game too.

Yes, let us not talk about this again.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm too lazy to search for the Tumblr post (I think it was one?) where Sawyer said it, but Deadfire apparently had enough legs to get the team a bonus in the end, so while I'm sure that doesn't drastically change the considerations made about it since release (especially since these projects are expensive and justifying the expense + long-term support based on possible future profits after a weak release is very hard) it's nice to hear that at least it wasn't a total flop.

Wasn't part of this because of the switch to fig for funding?

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i mean i didn't know poe2 was even being made until a year after it had come out

i'm hoping that bg3 will be a huge successful that will make microsoft go "hey don't we have something like this...?" and then we get poe3

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Pillars of Eternity 1 is on sale at GOG.com. 16 bucks for the definitive edition, which is the one that includes the expansions. I know there's a handful of people here that own the second but not the first.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So what are the exact factors to Pallegina's loyalty in the endgame of Deadfire?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

So what are the exact factors to Pallegina's loyalty in the endgame of Deadfire?

She'll only ever accept a VTC or factionless ending (assuming the VTC aren't the primary rival), so going with anything else will result in her leaving. There's ending slides for if you supported another faction outside of those, but apparently no actual way of accessing them in-game outside of console commands or modding.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The Valian treaty choice from PoE1 also figures. Idk if it's the factionless ending that's unlocked or if there are others, but which way you went determines the esteem with which Pallegina is held at the beginning of PoE2 and how liable she is to go with you at the end. Though I don't think she'll go along with the brass boyz in any case

It's been a little since I've played but I can't recall any other PoE1 decision that comes close to that one in terms of substantive effect on the sequel (not counting killing returning CNPCs). A couple of former quest PCs hanging out who you can talk to (the other Watcher from White Forge, etc) but nothing I can think of that determines possible quest outcomes.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 12, 2022

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

On my first play through I went with save from PoE1 where Palegina ended up unhappy with my decisions. She met me in the docks and told me how she felt about me. I think you can still travel with her.
But I didn't.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I think between the two games you get to crush pallegina’s career and dreams no more than once and keep her as a companion.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The Republics may not deserve Pallegina, but she definitely doesn't deserve how much of a dick an rear end in a top hat Watcher can be to her.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

The Republics may not deserve Pallegina, but she definitely doesn't deserve how much of a dick an rear end in a top hat Watcher can be to her.

I mean, she kind of does? She's pretty happy to help the Republics exploit and gently caress over other nations, she only objects in the first game because she thinks it'll lead to blowback down the line. She's such a nationalistic zealot that it gives her superpowers, even though Vailian sucks almost as much as Rauatai and she's only even able to work for them on a technicality.

The only real "good" companions in Deadfire are Eder and Tekehu. And I guess Aloth depending on your choices.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 12, 2022

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I'm talking about this response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZXtv_C03e8

rear end in a top hat RP Watcher can be so needlessly dickish lol

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

moot the hopple posted:

lol. also cringe xoti as usual

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Nephthys posted:

The only real "good" companions in Deadfire are Eder and Tekehu. And I guess Aloth depending on your choices.

Eder’s a racist.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.
I've decided to restart a Monk run (as my favourite gimmick: a Nihilist Philosopher who decided to become the first secular humanist in Eora). I'm likely going to go Nalpazca when I get to Deadfire because it's the Chill Party Time class and basically a straight upgrade on base Monk, but the Helwalker seems interesting as an alternative, if dangerously fragile even by Monk standards. Can anyone who's gone straight Helwalker attest to how easy it is for them to explode in a fight?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zeerust posted:

I've decided to restart a Monk run (as my favourite gimmick: a Nihilist Philosopher who decided to become the first secular humanist in Eora). I'm likely going to go Nalpazca when I get to Deadfire because it's the Chill Party Time class and basically a straight upgrade on base Monk, but the Helwalker seems interesting as an alternative, if dangerously fragile even by Monk standards. Can anyone who's gone straight Helwalker attest to how easy it is for them to explode in a fight?

You won't immediately crumple, but it's very easy to get clobbered if you misposition and can get focused down. I'd recommend one or more of using a reach weapon so you can hit from behind the tank line, using a weapon with a good defensive modal (quarterstaff), building for Deflection, or multiclassing into a strong defensive secondary like Trickster Rogue.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I like multiclassing Helwalkers more with backliner classes like Rangers with AoE weapons or damage specced spellcasters where the added intellect, might, and penetration provides incredible value and you can just use Dance of Death to build up and sit on your maxed out wounds without too much concern. Frontline Helwalkers run the risk of taking a big nasty hit and running up their wound count, which puts them in further danger from subsequent hits. It's not an unmitigable issue that makes Helwalkers unusable in a frontline role but it definitely requires some more management such as spending your wounds in a timely manner, prioritizing dangerous targets such as rogues and barbarians who get a further damage bonus off you when afflicted/low health, and positioning so you don't get dogpiled. If you're going single classed monk, I find that fists scale very well even without the Helwalker might bonus and get to post legendary quality on their own as you level. Nalpazca is probably my favorite monk, from both a thematic/roleplaying viewpoint and mechanical level because their passive wound generation is very strong, and would be my choice if going single class monk since getting an easy, constant stream of wounds is more valuable to me for the high level monk abilities.

If you want a really fun and synergistic Nalpazca multiclass build for when you get to Deadfire, I have a morningstar-wielding crit focused Nalpazca/Berserker build I can recommend. The sales pitch is that you can generate wounds faster than you can spend them, you demolish enemies' fortitude defense, have the ability to reliably stunlock entire groups of enemies all day, have great action speed and recovery bonuses, and can even occasionally one-shot high health enemies thanks to free attacks you get from crits.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm actually about to do a Helwalker myself. I'm playing a Priest of Berath in Poe1 which I think I will import into a Helwalker/Priest for Deadfire. The Helwalker bonuses synergize nicely with a caster since all that int and might helps durations and damage/healing. Pretty good combo for a Priest.

Not sure how fragile it will prove to be. I'll be wearing heavy armor I think, and using a Greatsword of course because Berath.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.
Thanks for the advice, all!

moot the hopple posted:

If you want a really fun and synergistic Nalpazca multiclass build for when you get to Deadfire, I have a morningstar-wielding crit focused Nalpazca/Berserker build I can recommend. The sales pitch is that you can generate wounds faster than you can spend them, you demolish enemies' fortitude defense, have the ability to reliably stunlock entire groups of enemies all day, have great action speed and recovery bonuses, and can even occasionally one-shot high health enemies thanks to free attacks you get from crits.

I would love to hear about this, it sounds ridiculous.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm not super far in that play through, but I was having fun with this helwalker/fury build.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102529-class-build-the-fate-testarossa/

I didn't min-max as much in stats (dropped some so I didn't have to tank resolve, went with a human so I could make her look like Storm from X-Men) but you can get the Voulge and Deltro's cage pretty early, the the later requires doing the feud quest a certain way that will get Pallegina to drop out if she's present. If she's chilling on your boat however, it's like it never happened.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

moot the hopple posted:

Yeah naw she mostly still deserves that. She's a jackbooted thug for a capitalist oligarchy and enthusiastically so. She will trample any amount of people if she thinks the Republics will be stronger or safer for it.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah naw she mostly still deserves that. She's a jackbooted thug for a capitalist oligarchy and enthusiastically so. She will trample any amount of people if she thinks the Republics will be stronger or safer for it.

That may be true but the response in that clip isn't moralizing or calling her out for any of that. It's just an rear end in a top hat RP Watcher being a complete dick for the sake of being a dick. It's hilarious how much of a prick you can be in the game, especially to the ones who decide to throw their lot in with you.

Zeerust posted:

I'll write up something on the build later today when I'm at work and unable to play Pentiment :sigh:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Zeerust posted:

So the basic gist is that a Berserker's health drain, normally a negative consequence you have to accept in exchange for the subclass' other benefits, actually becomes a boon when combined with a Monk, who'll gain Wounds from the self damage while Frenzied. A Nalpazca monk passively gains Wounds on top of that whenever he's high on drugs, meaning a Berserker/Nalpazca is always gaining a steady flow of Wounds from both sources so he can constantly spam his attack abilities. The two classes synergize further in that they both have abilities that will lower enemies' Fortitude defense. Combined with the morningstar modal which further lowers Fortitude, the key Barbarian passive ability Brute Force which allows Barbarians to target Fortitude instead of Deflection if it's lower, and the hit-to-crit conversion that a Berserker gets while using Frenzy, a Berserker/Nalpazca is able to significantly lower their target's defenses and land huge critical hits, which leads to some crazy things such as getting free attacks and refundable stuns. Here's the build in detail:

Race
By order of preference: Hearth Orlan because they are able to get the highest starting Perception and their Minor Threat passive gives them further hit-to-crit conversion which are both valuable for our crit-seeking needs. Death Godlike are another consideration as their damage bonus to low health enemies synergizes with Barbarian's similar bonus. Humans get added damage and accuracy from their Fighting Spirit passive at half health, which can often happen when you play as a Berserker, but it's not as dependable of a bonus.

Attributes (These will be more guidelines with only a few defined scores. Feel free to play with the spread as you see fit)
Might – Doesn't have to be sky-high as a baseline because we'll have other means of increasing damage and Frenzy will already give us a +5 here. Super high Might is actually dangerous for a Berserker because the self-damage you take from Frenzy scales off of it. You want it high, but not close to max.
Constitution – You'll get +5 from Frenzy on top of an already large health pool. This is your main survival attribute so put as many points in here as you feel comfortable.
Dexterity – This can be average since you'll be getting +5 from Swift Flurry and this multi gets a slew of action speed bonus, recovery speed bonus, extra attacks, and instant recovery from other abilities.
Perception – Absolutely max this out. The goal is to get critical hits so the more points you can place here, the better.
Intellect – I would leave this at the default 10. Technically you can get +10 bonus at max Wounds from Turning Wheel, but in practice it'll hover a little bit below that as you use your Wounds and they replenish. Intellect does help with increasing the size of AoE attacks like Carnage and Raised Torment and also extending the duration of your self-buffs, but you don't really have to invest in here.
Resolve – In terms of deflection, Barbarians start with lower deflection and will get a further -10 penalty while using Frenzy so it will take a lot of Resolve just to overcome this inherent malus. If you're looking to be more tanky, your points would be better spent in Constitution.

Skills
Alchemy is an expected choice since Nalpazca monks already get a skill bonus when using drugs. Note that higher Alchemy only increases the duration of drugs and lessens the effects of drug crash. At high enough levels of Alchemy, the penalty of drug crash goes away entirely. However, Nalpazca monks will still need to take drugs in order to receive healing. Athletics is another good active ability choice to have a per-encounter heal. For passive skills, go with whatever you want to roleplay with, but if you decided to minmax some of your attributes, there's a decent cloak that gives a scaling bonus to defenses based on your History score to make up for any lowered defense.

Abilities
Barbarian
Blooded – The damage bonus at half health is useful but it also serves as an indicator for when your health is low since your health bar is otherwise hidden when Frenzied as a Berserker. Just pay attention to the Blooded icon that shows up by your character's portrait to gauge whether you need to heal at that point.
Spirit Frenzy – This upgrade to Frenzy allows all your attacks to Stagger enemies, dropping their Might by -5 which translates to -10 Fortitude defense. Note that I don't take the further upgrade, Spirit Tornado, because the added Terrify effect only happens at activation and I'd rather spend the point elsewhere for more value
Thick Skinned – Extra armor against all weapon damage types (which further stacks with the +2 armor Berserkers get from Frenzy) and an engagement slot is a lot of value here
One Stands Alone – A pretty decent damage bonus with a conditional that's easy to meet for a character that's going to be in the thick of things
Two Handed Style – A generic damage bonus for our weapon of choice
Accurate Carnage – Carnage damage is calculated off your weapon's damage, however Carnage's accuracy doesn't use get your weapon's accuracy bonus so this passive is useful
Bloody Slaughter – Any additional crit conversion is good and the bonus crit damage is even better
Barbaric Smash – Upgraded to refund the Rage cost upon killing an enemy, this is your finisher move you use on enemies near death to synergize with Bloody Slaughter and spread Carnage to the other enemies left alive around your target
Bloodlust – You'll be killing a lot of enemies back to back so it will be easy to have this action speed bonus on you for most of the battle
Uncanny Luck – Another source of crit conversion to stack
Improved Critical – Another source of critical damage to stack
Brute Force – The pivotal passive ability for this build. Since we're going to have an easier time attacking and debuffing Fortitude for the majority of enemies, this will be a major contributor to getting crits that's not just another method of crit conversion (which has diminishing returns as you stack it but it's still worth doing so in this build since it's the whole point). Anyway, Brute Force gets us on the way to weakening and then wrecking enemies
Blood Thirst – The instant recovery after a kill is like getting a free attack and becomes really powerful once you start chaining kills
Monk
Lesser Wounds – lowers the damage threshold required to get a Wound. This passive along with the scaling self-damage from Frenzy as you gain power levels will generate a lot of wounds for yourself
Combat Focus – Having a source of Concentration is very useful to prevent yourself from getting interrupted at the start of the battle when you need to activate Frenzy and take some drugs
Swift Flurry – The added Dexterity and action speed is great, but the cherry on top is the chance to get a free attack when you crit. Note that your free attack can crit, which can produce another free attack which can crit, and so on and so on. Sometimes this can lead to one-shotting an enemy as your initial attack can chain crit, leading to a hilarious stream of red numbers popping up over an enemy's head before it falls dead.
Turning Wheel – A fire damage lash and bonus to intellect that remains decently high with how quickly you generate Wounds
Raised Torment – This is your main attack ability to spend your Wounds on. A spammable source of interrupt, AoE damage that adds up in conjunction with Carnage, and an AoE stun is a great force multiplier
Stunning Surge – Raised Torment unfortunately doesn't stun its direct target, only the enemies behind it. Luckily, we have another direct target source of stun with Stunning Surge. It's fairly reliable because it targets Fortitude and it refunds its resource cost on crit, and we are purpose-built to exploit both aspects
Enervating Blows – Allows our attacks to impart Weakened, debuffing Constitution by -5 and dropping Fortitude by -10
Heartbeat Drumming – Further increases your chances of getting free attacks along with Swift Flurry

Equipment
Armor – Devil of Caroc Breastplate. Primarily as a way to get rid of the Confused affliction while using Frenzy but the heal upon crit upgrade, extra class resources to use for buffs, and increased recovery are all relevant for our build
Weapon – Saru-Sichr and The Willbreaker. There's only two unique morningstars but that's okay because they're both good. Saru-Sichr is more of your early game weapon because it's available for free depending on how sneaky you are. Both have good, stackable effects but the key component is the morningstar modal which drops Fortitude by a whooping -25 points
Helmet – Maw of Ingimyrk for the +2 Perception. Helm of the Falcon's increased recovery for two handed weapons is a good stepping stone before you do the DLC
Necklace – Protective Eothasan Charm for the Perception. The automatic heal is also very useful for Berserkers and their hidden health bar
Cloak – Ajamuut's Stalking Cloak again for the Perception. Giftbearer's Cloth with stacked History skill if you want more defense. Three Trolls Stitched is also good for the regen early on to mitigate the Berserker health drain
Gloves – Gloves of Accuracy or Gloves of the Dungeon Warden for +3 accuracy which is the main point of relevance for the build. The first set you get very early and the second set just has an extra per-rest ability.
Rings – Ring of Prosperity's Fortune for the crit chance bonus and Voidward to mitigate the self-damage from Frenzy. Early on when you don't have all the money to activate the full bonus for RoPF or when Frenzy's self-damage hasn't reached the level at full power levels, the Greater Ring of Regeneration is a fine option
Belt – The Maker's Own Power. The added armor and Might is relevant but the per-rest ability is your safety net and guarantees that you won't get yourself killed if your not paying attention to health
Boots – Boots of the Stone. This slot doesn't have any essentials so you can substitute whatever you want
Pet – Abraham. The recovery bonus is great and the health return upon kills will really pay dividends

Gameplay
How it all comes together. When you first start combat, activate Frenzy, snort some drugs (Svef or Deadeye preferably for the accuracy, or White Leaf for the mild health regen), and activate Swift Flurry. You should already have enough Wounds to use Raised Torment on whatever enemy has the lowest Fortitude to stun enemies behind him. As you attack, you'll apply Staggered, Weakened, and Body Blows which cumulatively debuffs enemies for -45 Fortitude. That's an unparalleled amount that even dedicated spellcasters would struggle to reach. With their Fortitude defense tanked, you can use Stunning Surge to reliably crit and stun for free any enemies who are directly targeting you and then use them as a pivot point to further stun enemies behind them with Raised Torment until you have most of the enemies near you stunlocked. Then it's just a matter of picking off enemies based on the lowest fortitude score so that you can get free hits and crits off them while using Barbaric Smash as your finisher when they are at low health. The beauty is that enemies get weaker and more vulnerable as you attack them while you keep getting stronger by killing things for increased speed and health return.

This isn't really a solo capable build so in terms of party makeup, having an actual tank to deal with damage is useful. While the Berserker/Nalpazca can stay safe by stunning and interrupting his opponents, he still needs a tank to draw all the frontloaded damage while he buffs himself. A healer is also very important; a priest who can cast Triumph of the Crusaders would take care of any health concerns for this build and the accuracy buff from spells would have added value. A Chanter/Paladin with healing auras would also be a decent teammate; that's what I actually paired this build with when I made this character and I didn't have too much trouble keeping him alive with all the passive healing.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

I am done with this game but you, moot the hopple, make me feel like I'm not. I enjoyed reading this, thank you.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

Thanks for the detailed writeup! That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to keep it bookmarked for when I decide to do a full Fear and Loathing run.

Playing back through PoE1, you really feel the restrictions in how the classes are set up. There's nothing wrong with role protection per se, but Deadfire made multiclassing so interesting that I really miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

POE1 was the only game of the first CRPG wave I actually finished.

Original Sin 1 and Wasteland 2 compared to their sequels? Bleh.