Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
How many hundreds of times do you think something very similar to this scene has played out over at Twitter hq since Elon took over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-5s4JlBesc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Offler posted:

How many hundreds of times do you think something very similar to this scene has played out over at Twitter hq since Elon took over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-5s4JlBesc

0, that's a fictional Television show

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So will that elon start up with the brain chip be part of his plan with twitter

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Ups_rail posted:

No, because it would read his real emotions and post crying emoji rather than cry laughing.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Wonder what Tom MySpace thinks about this

He dgaf.

The guy did exactly what I'd do if I lucked into landing enough money for it never to be a concern again in my life. He travels the globe, going to any place that piques his interest, taking cool photos and meeting interesting people.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Had anyone noticed that Elon has not been in the trending list, in any capacity? He made them exclude him, didn't he?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Tom Myspace absolutely owns

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ups_rail posted:

That start up killed a bunch of monkeys, but I doubt that would stop some people from signing up for it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

bobjr posted:

That start up killed a bunch of monkeys, but I doubt that would stop some people from signing up for it

That's no way to talk about Tesla drivers

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

kru posted:

Tom Myspace absolutely owns
He sold myspace at the very top before it collapsed then retired to travel the world and do photography :hmmyes:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I really should rewatch Silicon Valley (never saw the final season). It was way truer to tech-job life than I was expecting (more so than Office Space, even — part of that is the evolution of the industry but I'm impressed Judge was able to evolve with it)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tom is my most successful friend of all time

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I was thinking about how Musk is probably surrounded by Yes Men at this point and apparently someone else has had that thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywlsTbKsl6k

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

He sold myspace at the very top before it collapsed then retired to travel the world and do photography :hmmyes:

I hope Tom and Randy "Bird Annihilator" Johnson hang out and talk photography.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I was thinking about how Musk is probably surrounded by Yes Men at this point and apparently someone else has had that thought:

Can you imagine how vile the work environment at Twitter will be in a year or two if they're still around and Elon is still the captain? Just think of the people who not only decide to stay on after a week or two of Elon, but actually attempt to jockey for promotions and increased responsibilities in this regime. An entire hierarchy of rear end kissers who are all prepared to throw anyone under them to the wolves in seconds if they think that this is what Elon wants based on his latest unhinged tweet.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I think it's great that Elon is all smug about how the Democrat Senator that he was talking poo poo to will now "abuse his power" by doing his job and then he fires/bans anyone who disagrees with him on his own personal usenet bb

lol

lmao

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Holy poo poo that laughter is so forced.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Data Graham posted:

I really should rewatch Silicon Valley (never saw the final season). It was way truer to tech-job life than I was expecting (more so than Office Space, even — part of that is the evolution of the industry but I'm impressed Judge was able to evolve with it)

They consulted a lot of people in the industry to make the show so it doesn't surprise me that it's surprisingly realistic. Apparently they talked to venture capital people and actually had to lower the dollar amounts they get for the company in the first season because the amount the VC's said they would be given was just not believable by an audience.

Also found some leaked footage of someone explaining twitter's architecture to Elon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8OnoxKotPQ

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has he found out how to quit vim yet?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

goatface posted:

Has he found out how to quit vim yet?

Difficulty quitting Vim is an old programming joke, I assume he's making a 'cool' joke about how everyone's talking about his technical incompetence to take ownership and show he's totally in on the gag guys.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

I think it's great that Elon is all smug about how the Democrat Senator that he was talking poo poo to will now "abuse his power" by doing his job and then he fires/bans anyone who disagrees with him on his own personal usenet bb

lol

lmao

That senator is gonna get a bunch of death threats where the author forgets to do a find and replace to change all the "Daddy"s to "Elon"

Except for one where instead of "daddy" it's "My Son"

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

If I ever have to say the phrase "your meme game is strong" to another grown man, I want someone to put me down.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

MikeJF posted:

Difficulty quitting Vim is an old programming joke, I assume he's making a 'cool' joke about how everyone's talking about his technical incompetence to take ownership and show he's totally in on the gag guys.

was it actually a real elon tweet, or someone who faked a tweet screenshot to dunk on elon?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do you think he googled programmer jokes and took the first one off the stack, or has he hired a writers room to provide his tech and nerdery "quips"?

Fergazon
Dec 6, 2011
Test

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Seen.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Can't wait for him to Tweet "well gosh, looks like Twitter is having some ID10T errors and a lot of PEBKAC issues on the back end! LOL!"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It wasn’t a real tweet guys

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But it could have been, that's the beauty of it.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Can't wait for him to Tweet "well gosh, looks like Twitter is having some ID10T errors and a lot of PEBKAC issues on the back end! LOL!"

If he starts talking about PICNIC errors we're done for.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

He deleted the "He's Fired" tweet as well as the one where he said he was at Twitter hq all night for some reason.

I went to link it to someone and it was gone!

I'm sure this is all great for morale.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Edwardly posted:

He deleted the "He's Fired" tweet as well as the one where he said he was at Twitter hq all night for some reason.

I went to link it to someone and it was gone!

I'm sure this is all great for morale.

coward. never delete a post.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
His constant deleting of things is the clearest sign of his non-poster status.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It wasn’t a real tweet guys

Yeah, we know Elon is strictly an EMACS user.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Unperson_47 posted:

Musk could spend a miniscule fraction of his wealth without missing it to make a huge dent in world hunger or any other cause and still do his other evil dumb poo poo and people would love him but he chooses not to

The problem is Musk would want to solve world hunger his way. Because his way is the right way. Just imagine Musk applying his engineering and management skillset to solving global supply and scarcity issues.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Outrail posted:

The problem is Musk would want to solve world hunger his way. Because his way is the right way. Just imagine Musk applying his engineering and management skillset to solving global supply and scarcity issues.

His solution will no doubt involve self driving food transport.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Step 1: Fire 50-75% of all farmers

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
How does farming/food production working in Polytopia? old musky will do that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, we know Elon is strictly an EMACS user.

Yes, he is an Emerald Mine Acquired Cash (Slavery) user

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Step 1: Fire 50-75% of all farmers

Once I realized that if there are fewer living humans there are fewer mouths to feed, the solution to world hunger became obvious.