Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I don't know why it was in the 70s all weekend in Maine, but I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Autumn AF out here

A bit damp and dreary, but warm. Possibly the last good riding day of the year.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Not impressed with the local Oregon weather this weekend

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

The cow palace was bumpin', just kidding it's the place with the 20 foot longhorn skull out front across the street. Lots of country music and cowboy boots. They repaved a really fun road going into a tiny little town of Arivaca, which was super fun. Also no cops down here, just a ton of border patrol. 75 and sunny, love winter in southern Arizona :)

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

Not impressed with the local Oregon weather this weekend

lol mid 70s here in TN til I go camping this weekend and then the high is 40. can't wait

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Last track day for the year. The initial forecast was 50s and rain but it was mid 60s and clear :hellyeah:

Here's some video if you're truly bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lrqpVADxsw

Related question: does anyone have issues with their GoPro randomly not working, and have gotten any resolution from GoPro? Mine is a GoPro Max, which is the 360 version (which I don't recommend!!). In this video, at 6:32 the horizon leveling and image stabilization stop working, and at 9:39 it stops recording video altogether. :confused:

It did this to me before, and I thought maybe it overheated in 90+, but obviously not the case.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Toe Rag posted:

Last track day for the year. The initial forecast was 50s and rain but it was mid 60s and clear :hellyeah:

Related question: does anyone have issues with their GoPro randomly not working, and have gotten any resolution from GoPro? Mine is a GoPro Max, which is the 360 version (which I don't recommend!!). In this video, at 6:32 the horizon leveling and image stabilization stop working, and at 9:39 it stops recording video altogether. :confused:

It did this to me before, and I thought maybe it overheated in 90+, but obviously not the case.

I have an ancient go pro hero 3 black, so no experience with your specific model. However, could that behavior be related to a low battery?

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I never considered that a possibility, but maybe? I usually just run the battery down to like 10-20% before switching. I'll try switching it out each session next time :hehe:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Toe Rag posted:

This looks like such a hoot.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Toe Rag posted:

Mine does a lot of haunted poo poo sometimes because it just doesn't like the battery for whatever reason. And I say 'for whatever reason' because after the battery is discharged, then recharged, it's fine. But I cycle through 4 batteries, and about 1/10 times a battery will cause the camera to spaz out and not do anything properly. Video files get corrupted, or it starts recording and I can't turn it off, or it'll just do nothing except get really hot.

GoPro support is probably just going to recommend you factory reset your camera. You could try that, but you could try a different battery too.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Down one Tiger 955i, up one Futura RST. Just in time for snow on Saturday!

It is hosed cosmetically, tho

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's a shame, they're impossible to find parts for nowadays.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
It’s a good candidate for that “street fighter” bullshit, but it’s SO PRETTY* I don’t wanna go that way.

* mind the deer hair. Because it bounced off a deer pretty hard. Frame seems ok, but I might end up tossing these forks in the trash. This is why it only cost me a raggedy Tiger of similar vintage.

E: sun’s out

🥳🥳 what a mess

Revvik fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 10, 2022

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
I need to ask eBay for a long probation. 2007 SV650S listed near me and I couldn’t resist.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It is not eBay’s policy to suspend accounts for making rad decisions

That’s awesome, congrats!

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Oibignose posted:

I need to ask eBay for a long probation. 2007 SV650S listed near me and I couldn’t resist.

That's an exceptionally clean looking SF. Congrats!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Oibignose posted:

Noice

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Oibignose posted:

Good work son!

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Oibignose posted:

Nice pick up. I always wanted the full fairing kit when I had my red 2007.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Oibignose posted:

Nice!

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Speaking of SVs, I'm in the process of installing some SV1000 calipers and a Brembo RCS front brake master cylinder. Getting the hose clamps over the reservoir and BMC nipples is being a huge PITA though... I think I was supposed to put the clamps on the nipples and slide it onto the hose AFTER pushing the hoses on, and not leave the clamps on the hose.

The right-angle adapter from AF1 Racing was a life saver. I was about to purchase new SS brake lines before I discovered that this part existed and I could pick it up locally.

IDK how familiar Oibignose is with SV650ses, but do not be tempted to buy parts from SVRacing Parts. Their fasteners are all garbage and their rearsets are not great. If you decide to modify or change anything, just go with Vortex or Woodcraft rearsets. This brake caliper spacer bracket is hopefully solid and stiff enough, but the fasteners that originally came with it, and the fasteners on the rearsets both cracked or stripped on me while applying very little torque. I eventually sold the SVR rearsets and bought a set of Vortex ones.

Edit: Few month old photo of my SV at the track. I'm getting ready for another track day after Thanksgiving.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 12, 2022

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
The only upgrade I will be doing is Hel SS brake lines and replace some furry bolts and hangers. This SV has covered 3500 miles and only a 1000 in the last ten years. Previous owner was an old guy who just retired and moved to sunnier climbs, leaving this bike in his neighbours garage. Looking at the mot history its done a consistent 100 miles a year. I knew when I turned up and saw it I’d end up buying it and the neighbour who was doing the selling was a really nice guy and let me ride it (in his helmet and gloves because Ididn’t bring mine) and I could tell straight away this bike was as good as new.

Wish my wife appreciated SVs as much as you guys.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MetaJew posted:

Speaking of SVs, I'm in the process of installing some SV1000 calipers and a Brembo RCS front brake master cylinder. Getting the hose clamps over the reservoir and BMC nipples is being a huge PITA though... I think I was supposed to put the clamps on the nipples and slide it onto the hose AFTER pushing the hoses on, and not leave the clamps on the hose.

The right-angle adapter from AF1 Racing was a life saver. I was about to purchase new SS brake lines before I discovered that this part existed and I could pick it up locally.

IDK how familiar Oibignose is with SV650ses, but do not be tempted to buy parts from SVRacing Parts. Their fasteners are all garbage and their rearsets are not great. If you decide to modify or change anything, just go with Vortex or Woodcraft rearsets. This brake caliper spacer bracket is hopefully solid and stiff enough, but the fasteners that originally came with it, and the fasteners on the rearsets both cracked or stripped on me while applying very little torque. I eventually sold the SVR rearsets and bought a set of Vortex ones.

Edit: Few month old photo of my SV at the track. I'm getting ready for another track day after Thanksgiving.

Out of curiosity why did you tape the side reflectors instead of just unscrewing them (and never putting them back on)?

Oibignose posted:

The only upgrade I will be doing is Hel SS brake lines and replace some furry bolts and hangers. This SV has covered 3500 miles and only a 1000 in the last ten years. Previous owner was an old guy who just retired and moved to sunnier climbs, leaving this bike in his neighbours garage. Looking at the mot history its done a consistent 100 miles a year. I knew when I turned up and saw it I’d end up buying it and the neighbour who was doing the selling was a really nice guy and let me ride it (in his helmet and gloves because Ididn’t bring mine) and I could tell straight away this bike was as good as new.

Wish my wife appreciated SVs as much as you guys.

The only 'mandatory' upgrades on the sv are imo something to sort the brakes out like you're doing, and valve emulators to fix the rather dire fork. Zx6 shock if you're feeling extra peppy.

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef

Slavvy posted:

Out of curiosity why did you tape the side reflectors instead of just unscrewing them (and never putting them back on)?

The only 'mandatory' upgrades on the sv are imo something to sort the brakes out like you're doing, and valve emulators to fix the rather dire fork. Zx6 shock if you're feeling extra peppy.

The front forks do feel quite soft compared to the Trident I’ve been riding so I’ll look in to emulators. Rear feels good to me but I’ve only done 100 miles and the roads are damp so not been pushing too hard. The riding position feels great coming from an upright naked, forgot how much more engaging and focused it feels hunched over a tank. The engine is a peach. So much fun.

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest
Picked this up last weekend, and got to sneak in a quick ride today. I was looking at R1150R's initially because I liked the looks of them, but this R1200R was listed for roughly the same price, though I did have to take a short trek to get it.

Also pictured, a random purple spray painted rock.

Not Pictured - The included Side Cases so I can dip my toes into dad-bikedom.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Slavvy posted:

You know, it never crossed my mind to just remove them. Good point.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The old KTM

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:hellyeah:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

There's something very peaceful about this picture. Also the lighting almost makes your Scrambler look like a cell shaded drawing which is pretty rad.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Strife posted:

There's something very peaceful about this picture. Also the lighting almost makes your Scrambler look like a cell shaded drawing which is pretty rad.

Yeah, looks like a video game, something about it. Nice photo.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

2022 Husqvarna Svartpilen

It's got some extra lights, plus a few more coming, for that extra visibility when commuting around the city before dawn and after dusk. I've been really pleased with it. It squeezes through gaps that scooters can't fit through.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Love the way those look. I'd be interested to see if you find a solution for that rock hard seat.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

ride a pedal bike and all seats are fine :cool:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

That's a great looking bike. Nice job.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

right arm posted:

ride a pedal bike and all seats are fine :cool:

Not just that, turns out all suspension is plush as gently caress also

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Still not a fan of how short the pillion looks. It's a naked that could approach UJM style, but they chopped the seat off too short.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Slavvy hates this! One weird trick to help stay warm

Only registered members can see post attachments!