Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Those sorts of joke job titles can be interpretive.

I’d assume he was a very influential programmer on the backend and also worked on some of the API. Probably a prolific and respected code reviewer.

She. Yao's got a bunch of papers under her belt in distributed systems research and caching performance and is a _principal engineer_ at Twitter. She's been there for 12 years, her brain is worth so loving much to Twitter. Elon is the biggest loving idiot I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

it's important to note that Elon Musk is profoundly stupid.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Im so extremely happy Musk has such a fragile ego that he does this kind of poo poo

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Browsing around, seems like a lot of people got fired today.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/caseynewton/status/1592539948745650176?s=46&t=WECUnvKQpcnlhU3eKVRxLA

It does sound like he’s going after anyone who says anything negative about him no matter how necessary they are

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Sure is awesome that one manchild billionaire can gently caress with thousands of people’s livelihoods because he’s a dweeb that can’t take criticism or be professional.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

anyone left should absolutely be using all of this information to speedrun their UI benefits unless they are a true bazinga

Frank Frank posted:

Sure is awesome that one manchild billionaire can gently caress with thousands of people’s livelihoods because he’s a dweeb that can’t take criticism or be professional.

lmao I got treated like this by a guy that used to be a manager at a Boot Barn before he backstabbed his way into the management of a drug manufacturing plant, I had no doubt in my mind about the born-rich Boer

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

honestly gonna have to narrow it down because bezos used that bs about giving his money away to help everyone to hide the fact he's laying off thousands of people lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Employee morale will improve for sure now

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

MrQwerty posted:

anyone left should absolutely be using all of this information to speedrun their UI benefits unless they are a true bazinga

Put in for 2 weeks vacation starting tomorrow "better enjoy it because you are fired when you get back!"

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Mr. Lobe posted:

She is a collosally stupid woman from all appearances, it's kind of impressive really

You once again do have to hand it to Azealia Banks

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Carnage4Life/status/1592456205511053312?s=20&t=6AWEeaj5xwqFYca5RbTXfg

and this acc is a pro watch before it gets banned

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

starting to believe that article yesterday that said the code-freeze was because he's afraid engineers will sabotage the code on their way out.

great culture

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://mobile.twitter.com/davidgerard/status/1592507176584896513

Madly giggling

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1592323969683968001?s=20&t=32NrTCxFGRPSzxuF9qCMsQ

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm almost in favor of this firing simply because fuuuuuuuuuck people who festoon work PCs with dumbass stickers. Dipshits like me have to clean that poo poo off, ya know.

EDit: At least they oriented the stickers correctly for when the laptop is open

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Spuckuk posted:

You once again do have to hand it to Azealia Banks

A big lol that apparently nusk invited her over to try and have a threesome with her and Grimes

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

yeah if I was at Twitter right now I'd be leaning hard into making him fire me today

I don't work at Twitter and kind of want to get Musk to fire me today.

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/caseynewton/status/1592539948745650176?s=46&t=WECUnvKQpcnlhU3eKVRxLA

It does sound like he’s going after anyone who says anything negative about him no matter how necessary they are

I wonder what policy they violated. If they could point to the section in the employee handbook that lays out this rule.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

this has gotta be on purpose, like it's some weird tax scam or insurance scheme that only rich people have access to, right? where it turns out you can multiply your already-excessive wealth by counterintuitively producing even less value than there was before

i know he's stupid as gently caress but he has enough money to hire some very smart and cynical people. and i'm just too old to watch the bank burn and not look for the senator out back handing a novelty cheque to the owner

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Slotducks posted:

it's important to note that Elon Musk is profoundly stupid.

Its more important to note that the information above is profoundly understated.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

INT. TWITTER EXECUTIVE BATHROOM - SUNRISE

Sunlight strikes the far wall through the frosted window glass. Another day and night have passed for our protagonists in this increasingly desperate situation.

The bathroom is a total wreck -- unspooled toilet paper strewn everywhere across the floor, stall doors swinging loosely on broken hinges. A shattered sink lays in the corner, its former pipe on the far wall guttering out spurts of water and adding to the ruin. The phrase "GCU OF COURSE I STILL LOVE YOU" is spray-painted across what was once luxurious redwood wall paneling.

ELON MUSK paces frantically in the middle of the room, his pupils dilated into a thousand-yard stare, shivering and scratching incessantly at his forearms.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

can one of you hardcore coders make something that changes that drat crylaugh emote into something less upsetting, idk, goatse maybe?
(oh no microservices obviously)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Adolf Glitter posted:

can one of you hardcore coders make something that changes that drat crylaugh emote into something less upsetting, idk, goatse maybe?
(oh no microservices obviously)

:hurr: but change the text to microservices

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

A LOVELY LAD posted:

A big lol that apparently nusk invited her over to try and have a threesome with her and Grimes

Azaelia Banks is the living embodiment of the scorpion/frog fable. If you invite her into your life you deserve everything you get.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

I wonder what policy they violated. If they could point to the section in the employee handbook that lays out this rule.

they made his peepee and feefees feel bad.

also again lol at poo poo talking on company channels/hardware.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ah this must be one of those microservices I hear tell about. Legally functioning in Europe.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

goatface posted:

I'm not up on my big programmer hierarchy titles. Code aesthetics = Refactoring lead? Internal style manager?

From what I can tell it's not an industry thing, it's a cute fun job title. Which means she's important enough and unique enough to give herself a cute fun job title because everybody in the company knows who she is and what she does.

From a quick Google it looks like she's the person who solves the difficult problems on how to make Twitter operate at scale as a massive coherent global distributed system with high responsivity.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 15, 2022

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The two Ukraine war threads I follow are nicknamed Dumbkirk and Dumberkirk. This honestly might be Dumbestkirk.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh my god, if you gently caress with GDPR you get big fines. Like 4% of total annual revenue big. :allears:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Oh my god, if you gently caress with GDPR you get big fines. Like 4% of total annual revenue big. :allears:

Well luckily he's really loving up total annual revenue, so the fines will be lower.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Perestroika posted:

Ah this must be his master plan, because I'm pretty sure his revenue is negative at this point.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

boofhead posted:

this has gotta be on purpose, like it's some weird tax scam or insurance scheme that only rich people have access to, right? where it turns out you can multiply your already-excessive wealth by counterintuitively producing even less value than there was before

i know he's stupid as gently caress but he has enough money to hire some very smart and cynical people. and i'm just too old to watch the bank burn and not look for the senator out back handing a novelty cheque to the owner

No, I'm pretty sure it's that he's just that stupid

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Good for morale when the CEO himself is monitoring internal chat for Anti-Elon sentiment.

Probably also good that he relies on various right wing mutants like catturd or Ian Miles Chong for engineering advice.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Can't pay 4% of your revenue if you nuke all your revenue streams in a giant manchild tantrum :thunk:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Can't take 4% of 0. [Taps forehead]

Unironically, getting fired from Twitter for politely telling Elon to shut up is going to be a badge of honor. The people cheering on the firings don't get that these are people in high demand who have just had a huge cash windfall and Elon is telling the world that they're now looking for work. I'm sure they aren't happy to see their work burn to the ground because an arsonist moved in, but they're better off after firing than they were immediately before.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Perestroika posted:

Just ignore, what are they going to do, not have twitter? :smug:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Guze posted:

Good for morale when the CEO himself is monitoring internal chat for Anti-Elon sentiment.

Probably also good that he relies on various right wing mutants like catturd or Ian Miles Chong for engineering advice.

The goodness is off the charts

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Imagine the tantrums when the FTC comes at them over the consent decree and Europe over the GDPR at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Just ignore, what are they going to do, not have twitter? :smug:

probably?

like Zuck tried that with the EU and he's the one that folded. Also reminded that Zuck styles his robo hair like a roman emperor.