Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Necrothatcher posted:

Azaelia Banks is the living embodiment of the scorpion/frog fable. If you invite her into your life you deserve everything you get.

Allegedly, or at least according to her version, he thought it was going to be Iggy Azalea and when Banks turned up panicked and locked himself upstairs away from them all to ride out the rest of whatever trip cycle he was on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PhazonLink posted:

probably?

like Zuck tried that with the EU and he's the one that folded. Also reminded that Zuck styles his robo hair like a roman emperor.

I assume a specific emperor because the emperors didn’t have a consistent look

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think its Augustus.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

darkwasthenight posted:

Allegedly, or at least according to her version, he thought it was going to be Iggy Azalea and when Banks turned up panicked and locked himself upstairs away from them all to ride out the rest of whatever trip cycle he was on.

that was possibly the smartest thing he's ever done in his life

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I used to think the dumb Elon Tusk joke was his idea, but after the last week even that seems like too much for him

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://mobile.twitter.com/karaswisher/status/1592376131227123712?cxt=HHwWgIDUqfLpoJksAAAA

He can’t even hate on Kara Swisher properly.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1592542789379960834

Doesn't seem like anything too major to me on first glance, but I can't wait to see how this somehow only manages to royally gently caress things up even further.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 15, 2022

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The five people remaining will some how still get lost in the reorg shuffle.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Time to shuffle the deck chairs on Titanic again.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The employees all know they can go on a general strike, right?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
All communication between engineering divisions will take place at meetings where Elon is present to ensure everyone is agreeing with his vision and nobody is colluding against him.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

davecrazy posted:

The employees all know they can go on a general strike, right?

Musk fired people today for saying he was wrong. They would happily fire everyone who went on strike.

“Haha serves those bad employees right” says musk as he shoots his toes and fingers off

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm almost in favor of this firing simply because fuuuuuuuuuck people who festoon work PCs with dumbass stickers. Dipshits like me have to clean that poo poo off, ya know.

EDit: At least they oriented the stickers correctly for when the laptop is open
   /
:reject:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

“Haha serves those bad employees right” says musk as he shoots his toes and fingers off
Aim higher and more center body. Twitter is going to be a hollowed shell that doesn't have enough staff to replace its lightbulbs, never mind running a cutting edge on-demand communications network.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Slotducks posted:

she almost died of malnutrition as well when toying with the idea of a diet that consisted of only spaghetti?

Oh my god I'd never heard this one before and hahahahaha

Grimes posted:

“In the past, I’ve been quite not good to myself. On the last tour, my last record, because I was ‘vegan’ and I had this thing where I was like, ‘The only reliable food is spaghetti.’ So I was only eating spaghetti for a year or two years. I only ate spaghetti. And then I was just so sick and my hair actually stopped growing. I went to the doctor and the doctor was like, ’You actually are malnourished from not eating vegetables or meat and just eating spaghetti for two years.”

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

0, that's a fictional Television show

METAPHOR? EXAMPLE AND DEMONSTRATION OF POSSIBLY SIMILAR SITUATIONS?!?

I DONT EVEN CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY BECAUSE IN MY WORLD, BIG DICK BUTT gently caress CONSIDER NO FLIGHTS OF FANTASY

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elder Postsman posted:

Oh my god I'd never heard this one before and hahahahaha

Grimes is a goon

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kara rules and doesn’t give a gently caress. At best you can make her mildly amused by hating on her, lol.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

JehovahsWetness posted:

She. Yao's got a bunch of papers under her belt in distributed systems research and caching performance and is a _principal engineer_ at Twitter. She's been there for 12 years, her brain is worth so loving much to Twitter. Elon is the biggest loving idiot I've ever seen.

Oh poo poo.

To translate that for people who don't "tech": They fired a literal magician. "Distributed" and "caching" in close proximity are sure signs that someone is practising dark magic.

There are only two hard problems in computer science. Cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Boooooo

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

That DICK! posted:

so remind me california's at will and he can basically do that right? it would be funny if the boss of twitter has to argue in court that he had cause to fire an employee cause he argued with him on twitter

Cali is at will, so yeah he can fire individuals pretty much whenever he wants.

OTOH if he tries to say they were fired for cause and deny any contractual benefits, that's another thing entirely. For ex, a lawyer on twitter was saying that switching the WFH policy with no warning was against cali rules. So anyone he fires for that will get complete severance benefits etc.

And the mass layoffs with no advance notice were against the law, so he has to provide 2 months complete salary plus any standard severance that twitter was providing before the takeover.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

How do the Saudis feel about Twitter's new direction?

they don't seem like a lol destroy a company meme kinda people.

yah they're more of a "lol destroy your buildings" kinda people

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Live footage of the remaining engineering infrastructure team:

https://twitter.com/PanasonicDX4500/status/1592017291838980096

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If they're doing dark magic with caching, would that explain their keeping servers in-house?

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
You guys need to unfortunately interact with more really rich Business people.

They are boring as gently caress, zero imagination is a big thing, have no real identities outside of their job, and really no life at all regardless of the travel or activities they do, Which sounds weird, but they don't like hug fully or something, I guess, or have the emotions that make "Went jet skiing with the kids" anything meaningful.

I've been at a job for a short while now with people who think sports cars are a Xmas gift.

CumBlast Radius Jr fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 15, 2022

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kazil posted:

Grimes is a goon

Musk’s pick up line was "M'lady, do you have stairs in your house?" and then he tipped his fedora to reveal the plugs.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 15, 2022

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Ardemia posted:

Elon Huwel Howsering it up is surprisingly accurate

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

Ardemia posted:

The only genius left at Twitter is the guy in this video which is now on their servers.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dragon's eye snaps open. The camera pans back to reveal 'IRS" stencilled on its side.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Guze posted:

Good for morale when the CEO himself is monitoring internal chat for Anti-Elon sentiment.

Probably also good that he relies on various right wing mutants like catturd or Ian Miles Chong for engineering advice.
That's the worst thing, he's not monitoring it, he's got insiders who - for whatever reason - have nailed their colours to the mast and are snitching on their co-workers. One of the guys who got fired said that morale is in the toilet because you can't trust anyone anymore, people you previously enjoyed working with are suddenly looking to step on you to climb some new, imagined ladder.

I don't know why anyone would try and get in Musk's good graces, he is the epitome of a boss where you're only as good as your last mistake.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The firings will continue until morale improves.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Welcome to Twitterdome...two programmers enter, one programmer leaves!

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Felix from Chapo said something about Elon going the Robert Maxwell route.

And I agree. Elon is too big to fail in some ways, but he has his fingers in too many things and is too stupid to stop touching things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maxwell#Death

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Durzel posted:

That's the worst thing, he's not monitoring it, he's got insiders who - for whatever reason - have nailed their colours to the mast and are snitching on their co-workers. One of the guys who got fired said that morale is in the toilet because you can't trust anyone anymore, people you previously enjoyed working with are suddenly looking to step on you to climb some new, imagined ladder.

I don't know why anyone would try and get in Musk's good graces, he is the epitome of a boss where you're only as good as your last mistake.

The gist I get is that most of the management chain has been replaced with Musk’s favorite sociopaths from Tesla and SpaceX and such. So anyone wanting to ingrain themselves in that pack for future Musk Adventures might have to do a little backstabbing along the way. Definitely taking zero blame and throwing everyone else under the bus in the hopes they’re the chosen few who get to follow Musk to the next Nirvana.

Kinda seems appealing to a certain type of personality who sees the world in a ruthless dog-eat-dog sort of way. “Let’s sift out the bad coders” crowd. But in reality, the only people left will be the worst of Silicon Valley along with some folks who can’t swap jobs for whatever reason.

Edit: in more normal corporate environments I’ve definitely met these people too. Very condescending and they see most of the workforce as either soft baby coders or NPC’s.

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 15, 2022

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
No idea why people talking poo poo about their bosses on the work chat are getting fired?????????????????

lmao come on in what world is this tolerated

that’s what the sidechannel personal phone only whatsapp/whatever is for

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
He got let into the right wing circle, and hes blabbing and acting out the Neo Feudal stuff even they said would be at least 2 more successful GOP elections away.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"Talking poo poo" is "um, boss, that's a critical function you can't turn off on a whim."

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
I don’t know anyone in my big tech circles who got fired for criticizing the C level execs. If you do it in public you might get a talk with HR though.

Tech companies are big on grand visions of culture and positivity, but expecting die hard loyalty is a pipe dream.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

kw0134 posted:

"Talking poo poo" is "um, boss, that's a critical function you can't turn off on a whim."

When you're an emotionally stunted manchild raised on apartheid money, any privately offered disagreement is tantamount to being called slurs publicly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Durzel posted:

One of the guys who got fired said that morale is in the toilet because you can't trust anyone anymore, people you previously enjoyed working with are suddenly looking to step on you to climb some new, imagined ladder.

lmao how goddamned stupid do you have to be to look at how elon is running twitter and not see that the ladder is sinking into quicksand faster than usain bolt could climb it?

hhmmmm yes I'm gonna backstab my way to success at a company that outside observers are now wondering if it will even exist in a year. that's the ticket!

Bobcats posted:

No idea why people talking poo poo about their bosses on the work chat are getting fired?????????????????

lmao come on in what world is this tolerated

a. if your people are talking poo poo in public because they are basically daring you to fire them, you have hosed up

b. it's more tolerated in SV than elsewhere