Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

MoonCrab posted:

... You just do the boss mechanics and when he drops down, when his super move fails, you get your energy completely refilled.

or (new boss stuff) his super move succeeds and kills you actually, which is what happened to me yesterday because my friend and i couldn't destroy the little electric thingies fast enough

also, do you just stand on the giant buttons for a while to activate them during phase 1? do multiple people have to stand on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lazy_Liberal posted:

or (new boss stuff) his super move succeeds and kills you actually, which is what happened to me yesterday because my friend and i couldn't destroy the little electric thingies fast enough

also, do you just stand on the giant buttons for a while to activate them during phase 1? do multiple people have to stand on them?

you need to use your terminal command once it’s picked up enough cubes

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Buttons?

E: I legit don't know the phase 1 mechanics because I explode him with my yoimiya team

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
With some characters the little bits in that fight feel like they only take damage when they feel like it.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Lazy_Liberal posted:

You collect the crystals which replaces your skill, same as phase two. You just need to activate it on one of the buttons once your buddy is charged up The best ones are the two electro since if you activate both it stuns mecha mouche for a long time. The others can be ignored. You can also just burst down the boss like normal.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sanctum posted:

I hit this scaramouche boss in the feet for 5 minutes and then he dies for no apparent reason. 3 weeks now I got only 2 boss mats which aren't the Nahida strings. :argh: Good thing I have 90 dream solvent.

Mihoyo your weekly bosses have sucked ever since Azdaha and I don't even care what dumb gimmick you want me to do. Make more weekly bosses like Childe please.

The two times I tried it, better paimon just killed it for me. Running around aimlessly for a few minutes is a better experience than picking up energy and hoping you don't accidentally overwrite your skill with its stupid attack, only to not have enough energy to use the stupid attack when its going to instakill you. I think it was rather thoughtful of them to create a boss that'll die if you're patient enough.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

press t or r1+square when you're standing on it (once you've got enough juice). Pray the buttons aren't covered in lava or ice or that you're not standing slightly too far off center, so that the stupid thing actually works.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

thanks pals i will try to hit all the buttons next time or perhaps i will ignore the mechanics completely

(make sure you do them at least once for the achievement)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yelan's main benefit over XQ is being a lot more convenient for overworld stuff (movement, bow, faster CDs)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also the coat

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

Yelan's main benefit over XQ is being a lot more convenient for overworld stuff (movement, bow, faster CDs)
Yes. Ayaka Yelan Kazuha are the main characters of my account. Hard for me to imagine this trio getting improved.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Speaking of bow characters, are there any decent all-archer compositions? Or maybe "all archer except the healer" in a pinch.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Venti/Yelan/Ganyu/Diona probably

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yelan also has a passive that is pretty drat useful. +25% materials from a 20 hour expedition in liyue.

I use it everyday.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Speaking of bow characters, are there any decent all-archer compositions? Or maybe "all archer except the healer" in a pinch.

personally, i enjoy yoimiya + fischl and then i guess you could do Diona and Kojou Sara maybe? the important part is being is being a yoimiya main

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

gandlethorpe posted:

Venti/Yelan/Ganyu/Diona probably

That's definitely the best one, since it's a real team you might actually use, on purpose.

Yoimiya/Yelan/Fischl/Diona also looks semi-functional. Diona can be Zhongli is we're ignoring the healer I guess, that's a good team.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Tighnari, Collei, Fischl, and Diona would work rather well. Replacing Diona with Shinobu if you aren't hard committed to the gimmick.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Man, Layla is a funny character to kit. If you plan to run her in a freeze team, she should only need 12% Cr.Rate from substats to max out assuming BS, Cryo resonance, and Harbinger. I'm having trouble assembling a set without going over. I regret reforging a ton of HP% pieces over the past few months.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

gandlethorpe posted:

She can't just charge her own burst by pressing E twice, though. (Maybe if you have C1.) You can get around this by running a second hydro or Raiden with her, but one of the other hydro characters you'd run with her is... XQ.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I run Yelan as the only Hydro often and rarely have trouble charging her burst by herself with Fav Bow (R1). Granted, my ER is 236%

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm nearly at 50k primos. Should I throw a 50:50 towards Yoimiya or Yae Miko?

Yoimiya:
I have an extremely well built Yanfei for ranged pyro. But Yoimiya sounds significantly better, also not being limited by stamina is handy. I could use another pyro 5* and I have great luck with crimson witch artifacts. Severed fate is by far my most run domain and I have nothing but trash for shimemwama so I hope that's not required for Yoimiya.

Yae Miko:
What do you even use her for? She does big electro numbers but up until dendro big electro numbers wasn't all that good. Has aggravate made Yae Miko good? I don't have the widsith.

No Wave posted:

Yes. Ayaka Yelan Kazuha are the main characters of my account. Hard for me to imagine this trio getting improved.
Add Sayu for double anemo resonance and her roll whenever Yelan's skill is on CD. That's my default team for the mobility, mobility, mobility, and more mobility.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MoonCrab posted:

That's definitely the best one, since it's a real team you might actually use, on purpose.

Yoimiya/Yelan/Fischl/Diona also looks semi-functional. Diona can be Zhongli is we're ignoring the healer I guess, that's a good team.

But Diona heals too. She shields on skill, heals on burst.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Tighnari, Collei, Fischl, and Diona would work rather well. Replacing Diona with Shinobu if you aren't hard committed to the gimmick.

Perfect, I'm a Tighnari main and while I'm currently running Tighnari/Nilou/Nahida/Barbara just because that's who I have I've been planning on splitting that team up into separate Aggravate and Bloom compositions once I have a few more electro characters leveled and geared anyways.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

Yae doesn't seem to offer a lot since you have a limited roster and already have Fischl and Raiden levelled.

Yoi is top tier single-target DPS and she's great in the overworld where she pretty much deletes most encounters by herself. She uses Shimenawa or +18% so you probably have pieces for her already.

Hu Tao is going to outperform Yoimiya in most domain/abyss situations and has better AOE but she is a pain in the rear end to play. Yoi couldn't be easier.

So get Yoi. And C6 your Bennet.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Man, Layla is a funny character to kit. If you plan to run her in a freeze team, she should only need 12% Cr.Rate from substats to max out assuming BS, Cryo resonance, and Harbinger. I'm having trouble assembling a set without going over. I regret reforging a ton of HP% pieces over the past few months.

I plan on running her on 4 piece Noblesse, since she's pretty much there to support the other characters. I think her damage looks pretty bad. We'll see, though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanctum posted:

Both kind of stinky. But you have 300+ wishes. Idk at this point who you pull depends on which characters you like. Do play Yoi's trial a bunch before rolling you might find she gives you an RSI.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Sanctum posted:

Yae Miko:
What do you even use her for? She does big electro numbers but up until dendro big electro numbers wasn't all that good. Has aggravate made Yae Miko good? I don't have the widsith.

Yae Miko has always been a finicky unit that does a buttzillion damage with her burst, but she invites comparison to Fischl, who does almost as much damage with zero effort. Dendro made her way better. Her normal attacks are huge projectiles that can trigger hyperblooms, and her skill can be used as a second dash to chase down dendro cores. It's a really fun way to play. Also, her burst has no cooldown, and can proc reactions on all 4 hits. That was useless information until dendro came along and let her proc Aggravate with every hit of her burst.

However, Fischl is still there, and still does almost as much damage on a dendro team with zero effort. It's also easy to just drop Fischl into a team and have her work, while Yae needs a team that's built to accommodate her. Or you can just make a team with Fischl and Yae, that works pretty well.

One of my favorite abyss team is Yae/Albedo/Zhongli/Tighnari. Yae can do some absurd damage if enemies are grouped up for her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fischl also has a second outfit, which allows her to T-pose in dominance over many 5*s

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Sanctum posted:

I could use another pyro 5* and I have great luck with crimson witch artifacts.

I mean, could you really? Like, have you been on the team builder and been like, "drat, I could really use another pyro right now!"? I find that pretty hard to believe. But I'm gonna be honest, I legitimately believe that the correct number of pyro 5 stars an account needs is 0. She's totally usable if you like her playstyle, but I'd toss her in the same bucket as units like Itto/Eula/Xiao. Pull her if you wanna play her.

Miko is a decent AoE dps for electro focused quicken teams. She could also work as a solo electro applier for dendro focused quicken teams, if they existed, which they may in the future. If there were a tier list for "supports" I'd put her right underneath whatever tier Raiden and Yelan are in.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you own tighnari yae feels good. Otherwise I will shitpost her mercilessly.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

gandlethorpe posted:

I run Yelan as the only Hydro often and rarely have trouble charging her burst by herself with Fav Bow (R1). Granted, my ER is 236%

Same here. Run into whatever enemies with her skill, then burst before it hits, and you're good to go again when it's done.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

valuum posted:

Same here. Run into whatever enemies with her skill, then burst before it hits, and you're good to go again when it's done.

Yep! Charged shots also work

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yae has the coolest looking burst in the game IMO.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Fischl Yelan Collei, and Amber, out of pity/in case someone needs a light.

It'll make things dead fairly quick, depending on your threshold for decent, and I guess how you've got them set up. Although you're probably going to lose out on most of collei's dendro application unless there's enough energy to keep that going. Maybe her c2 ring works when yelan's running? Even if it doesn't, she can probably survive standing next to an eremite or getting trampled by a sumpter beast or whatever. The rest of them super can't, though. Bring some chicken.

e. Best burst is hu tao's. There's a ghost, you aren't going to beat "has a ghost."

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Yae has the coolest looking burst in the game IMO.
I actually think it's Sucrose's. It's incredible. Too bad no one plays her. Nahida's effects are also unreal, all the dots on the ground are just crazy.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

MoonCrab posted:

I mean, could you really? Like, have you been on the team builder and been like, "drat, I could really use another pyro right now!"? I find that pretty hard to believe. But I'm gonna be honest, I legitimately believe that the correct number of pyro 5 stars an account needs is 0. She's totally usable if you like her playstyle, but I'd toss her in the same bucket as units like Itto/Eula/Xiao. Pull her if you wanna play her.

Miko is a decent AoE dps for electro focused quicken teams. She could also work as a solo electro applier for dendro focused quicken teams, if they existed, which they may in the future. If there were a tier list for "supports" I'd put her right underneath whatever tier Raiden and Yelan are in.

I don't use any Pyro at all (except switching to Amber for torch puzzles) and it's fine.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Just thinking about Yae vs Onfield DPS #13 has made me completely swing over to the Miko side of my internal Miko vs Scara debate. And even cross him off my wanted characters list completely lmao

Hopefully Yelan is in 3.4 phase 1 so I can pick her up and try for new characters in peace.

Edit:

Zenostein posted:

e. Best burst is hu tao's. There's a ghost, you aren't going to beat "has a ghost."

I love the description for it. "Commands a blazing spirit to attack" yeah she sure does :allears:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 15, 2022

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Yoi/Fischl is my favorite pair for any kind of boss. Doesn't need stamina or bursts, doesn't care about stuff moving out of range. Very easy to play (so long as you have Zhongli).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally finished the event enough to get Dori. This'll really help my friendship team for the next two weeks while I'm still using Candace.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

God it's been so long since I rolled and accidentally got Childe I forgot he's a 5* Hydro

maybe I'll level him? I vaguely remember his burst turns his bow into like twin daggers or something? which is cool as heck, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyaawn posted:

God it's been so long since I rolled and accidentally got Childe I forgot he's a 5* Hydro

maybe I'll level him? I vaguely remember his burst turns his bow into like twin daggers or something? which is cool as heck, actually.

His skill does that. He's good... except for his cooldowns... which really are killer.

I know Heart of Depth was designed for him, but I really feel like he needs his own set that addresses this