Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stoner Sloth posted:

settle down grandma, why don't you sit and watch your stories and we'll bring you a nice cup of weed? :corsair:

They took the radio shows off of the air when they brought in that hell box where the horrible man looks at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Ghouls are Ghastly posted:

im kidding i know the old stuff because I got on the internet as a child but im a baby i was born in 1995 so sa is almost and byob is definitely way older than me

I literally just used a stapler older than you and I bought it new and I am giggling uncontrollably that my friends are younger than my stapler. My stapler probably has a stapler grandchild by now. Lil Papey Stapey.

What a funny world.

Escape From Noise

Edward Fingerhands posted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ONNNNNNNNNNN EEEEEON EEEEEEEONNNNNN NNNNNNNNN

For me the full experience involved my dad yelling at us to get off the drat phone from upstairs.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

For me the full experience involved my dad yelling at us to get off the drat phone from upstairs.

My mom but same lmfao

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I got my own phone line in 1995 and then I moved out not too long after that though.

The "get off the phone!!!!" is when I would call my friends, who were listed in the internet telephone directory which was a literal physically printed directory at the time, and tie up BOTH landlines so we could be on a *party line call* and also, be on line.

The days before voice chat were strange, lol.

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

Prof. Crocodile posted:

bweeEEEEEEeeeeeOONK

weeEEEEEeeeeeeONK

ONK

ONK

weeEEEEEeeeeeeONK

some tunglr post described the sound of a dial-up modem as the sound of “strangling a ghost to death” and honestly that’s pretty accurate

man, remember when you Got Ready to Go On The Internet. when you psyched yourself up to go on AOL or whatever. now you just grab your phone or whatever and get right to it. no fun lightning symbols to show you connecting, nothing

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

Shifty Nipples

can someone type out the sound of an ISDN modem

reeeeeeeee buhdup... buhdup

e:

im kidding i know the old stuff because I got on the internet as a child but im a baby i was born in 1995 so sa is almost and byob is definitely way older than me

i have a leatherman keychain multitool that i got in 1996 or '97 so it's almost as old as you

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 15, 2022

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

kalel

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

some tunglr post described the sound of a dial-up modem as the sound of “strangling a ghost to death” and honestly that’s pretty accurate

man, remember when you Got Ready to Go On The Internet. when you psyched yourself up to go on AOL or whatever. now you just grab your phone or whatever and get right to it. no fun lightning symbols to show you connecting, nothing

I like to make a little sound when I pull out my phone, as a treat

kalel

*slides phone out of pocket to check socials* shwing!

Finger Prince

I miss playing trade wars and the pit on BBSes. :corsair:

Shifty Nipples

kalel posted:

*slides phone out of pocket to check socials* shwing!

En garde, i'll let you try my wu-tang style

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Finger Prince

Man imagine if there was trade wars for android and iOS? Still text and ascii based tho.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
EFN or other rising sun land knowers... what's going on in this picture?

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Escape From Noise

Viginti Septem posted:

Paperwork. There's a lot of it here.

Edit: The signage for the handjob parlors is...not subtle.

Finger Prince

Viginti Septem posted:

I don't remember captain pike having a joystick.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Escape From Noise posted:

Paperwork. There's a lot of it here.

Edit: The signage for the handjob parlors is...not subtle.

Finger Prince posted:

:captainpop:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I get a seasonal sinus pressure thing and it's draining me. My head hurts 🤕

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

I have a purple wool cloak that is older than you

I wore it to see Weird Al in concert

my cloak is great, and so are you

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

Ass-penny

I got my own phone line in 1995 and then I moved out not too long after that though.

The "get off the phone!!!!" is when I would call my friends, who were listed in the internet telephone directory which was a literal physically printed directory at the time, and tie up BOTH landlines so we could be on a *party line call* and also, be on line.

The days before voice chat were strange, lol.

things are still strange, just different.

Bad Video Games

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

I have a purple wool cloak that is older than you

I wore it to see Weird Al in concert

my cloak is great, and so are you

I have a blanket that's older. A wool blanket that's seen regular use since 1988. ;)

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
[crocodile dundee voice] that's not a blankie. THIS is a blankie

i have one that i've owned all my life, i was born in 1964. it's a tangled mess that doesn't resemble a blanket at all. i'm not sure where it is right now but i'm sure i still have it

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

:whoptc:

Dr. Honked posted:

[crocodile dundee voice] that's not a blankie. THIS is a blankie

i have one that i've owned all my life, i was born in 1964. it's a tangled mess that doesn't resemble a blanket at all. i'm not sure where it is right now but i'm sure i still have it

I have done the maths and this makes you 69, the best and most byob age do not correct me tia

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have been thinking lately i need to see if i can find additional copies of my favourite blanket, but i've had it for more then a decade and am not sure they'd still be making em. to ebay!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

currently wearing one of my late grandfathers plaid shirts, which is older than both gag and i put together i think

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Chewbecca posted:

:whoptc:

I have done the maths and this makes you 69, the best and most byob age do not correct me tia

i'm 420

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

B33rChiller

Get ready everybody, it's almost time for a Nintendo game.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tried to explain to someone that I stayed in a hotel because my sewer lateral was getting replaced and said "they took out my poop chute" instead and I have to live with that on my conscience forever now

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Heather Papps posted:

currently wearing one of my late grandfathers plaid shirts, which is older than both gag and i put together i think

I have my great great great uncle's cavalry sword from the really early 20th century but I never use it bc I'm a bitch of peace and I crave only concord.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

How Wonderful! posted:

I have my great great great uncle's cavalry sword from the really early 20th century but I never use it bc I'm a bitch of peace and I crave only concord.

i'm an uncle, but i'm only "pretty good", maybe i need to get myself a sword so i can become truly great

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

<extremely napoleon dynamite voice> lucky

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Heather Papps

hello friend

*delicately using my families ancestral sword to slice cheese and bread*

listen LISTEN i know the blood feud is ancient but come ON

more falafel please

forums poster

Tried to explain to someone that I stayed in a hotel because my sewer lateral was getting replaced and said "they took out my poop chute" instead and I have to live with that on my conscience forever now

my dad said I could build the poop chute

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

more falafel please posted:

my dad said I could build the poop chute

mom says it's my turn for the poop chute

"What I wouldn't give to return to those halcyon days."

Ass-penny

:discourse:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

How Wonderful! posted:

In the war against Coupons and Deals HW will finally have the chance to draw the sword for its destiny as she raises it high and screams 'For BYOB!'

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

xcheopis

How Wonderful! posted:

You can have Concord and Walnut Creek while you're at it.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

A fun poop chute related thing is that the ramshackle house we owned while we lived in California, I repaired a snapped sewer line under the house with one of those thick rubber splice pieces, and also we replaced the back door and frame, and had to chisel away some old frame to get the frame in, and then build a weird frame-frame around the frame because the wall was thicker than the metal frame the door came with and had a step and it was all just extremely poo poo. We also replaced most of the bathroom plumbing ourselves, and tiled the bathroom floors.

Then we had an inspection when we were moving out, for the sale of the house, and they complained about all sorts of stuff, but did not have a single word to say about any of the things we haphazardly did ourselves. All the complaints were about the shambles that predated us. In conclusion, professional plumbers and carpenters must be scandalously bad at their profession, OR we're amazing.

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

i finished school in 2015 imagine that we had iphones in class

Man, calculators must be so cool these days. All I had was this very expensive Texas Instrument thing that seemed older than Nintendo Game Boy technology from the late 80's. Hell yeah, progress!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Chewbecca posted:

Hello goons, I hope your day was better than mine :sadpeanut:

chewb I hope today is better than yesterday.