Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

GotLag posted:

The top marginal rate should be at least 120%

gently caress that, income tax is dumb make it a 100% wealth tax over a million

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I forget who said it, but I like the idea of instead of letting someone get above 999 million, we confiscate every cent after that point and just give the person a plaque that says "congratulations, you won capitalism"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

jeebus bob posted:

I forget who said it, but I like the idea of instead of letting someone get above 999 million, we confiscate every centimetre above their shoulders

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Maximum wage now!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The isp that my apartment complex has a exclusivity agreement with is down for at least a half hour a day.

Now they've been down about 45minutes and I check online... Can't access their website. It's a literal nationwide outage.

I wonder if I can go to the free market and get a different provider...oh,no, I can't. Cool. :capitalism:

SSJ_naruto_2003 has issued a correction as of 18:34 on Nov 15, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

The Demilich posted:

Maximum wage now!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Maed posted:

gently caress that, income tax is dumb make it a 100% wealth tax over a million

wealthy people dont actually have money in an account

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

irrelevant

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Carthag Tuek posted:

they dont have income to tax either tho

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

make the stock market illegal, all stocks are worth the paper or bits they're written on now

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Keep my stocks in cuneiform, clay lasts.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

like a loving stock market would even exist in a world with a wealth tax

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

jeebus bob posted:

I forget who said it, but I like the idea of instead of letting someone get above 999 million, we confiscate every cent after that point and just give the person a plaque that says "congratulations, you won capitalism"

you know they'd game this with bundling or some other dumb tactic so they're not technically breaking the law

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Keep my stocks in cuneiform, clay lasts.

I have some money invested in a mesopotamian copper trade. Haven't checked in a while but I assume it's doing well.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

you know they'd game this with bundling or some other dumb tactic so they're not technically breaking the law
Benefits/perks became a thing in the US last century specifically to sidestep progressive tax brackets, and family trusts as a way of sidestepping personal wealth taxes.
Of course this just means we need to marshal appropriate resources to close loopholes or go after the wealthy for tax crimes instead of auditing waiters for not reporting enough of their tips.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

SpacePig posted:

I have some money invested in a mesopotamian copper trade. Haven't checked in a while but I assume it's doing well.

I have done some research and have received some worrisome letters in regards to their quality

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I have done some research and have received some worrisome letters in regards to their quality

Time to put ingots on the blockchain

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

im loving dying at photoshopped elon musk on the cover of forbes

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Biplane posted:

im loving dying at photoshopped elon musk on the cover of forbes

All of those photos are touched up to some degree, but yeah his is the worst. Though it's not unexpected from a dude who spent so much money on cosmetic surgery, almost certainly juiced for a bit, and also was very particular about what angles he was supposed to be photographed from.

It's a monument to his idiocy that the best body Elon's money could buy looks like it was designed by Elon Musk

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

a goon once described their body as being “a bag of grapefruit left out in the sun for a while” and I found it very funny but now I can’t help but think of Musk

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Professor Shark posted:

a goon once described their body as being “a bag of grapefruit left out in the sun for a while” and I found it very funny but now I can’t help but think of Musk

Azaela Banks describing him as 'pig-skinned' after he and Grimes tried to rope her into the most awkward threesome always stuck out to me.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

he's a bag of mElons

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The isp that my apartment complex has a exclusivity agreement with is down for at least a half hour a day.

Now they've been down about 45minutes and I check online... Can't access their website. It's a literal nationwide outage.

I wonder if I can go to the free market and get a different provider...oh,no, I can't. Cool. :capitalism:

Free meerkats is when i win and you lose

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That's revenue you tedious pleb. The actual profit from the sale is almost certainly less than the price of doing a manslaughter

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Frankie Boyle once described Trump's head as if someone drew a face on a plum and lost it for a month, and I feel like that could work for Elon on some level. Maybe more his body

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

finally, neurodiverse female concentration camp guards

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

isn't that explicitly illegal now? Not that other providers will cross borders, but exclusivity agreements were banned this year

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/02/rebuffing-cable-lobby-fcc-bans-deals-that-block-competition-in-apartments/

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

I always figured companies did this poo poo behind the scenes anyway because if you find just the right combination of brain problems you can get a person that's very good at and in love with their specific work and also way too quiet and anxious to stand up for themselves at all about anything

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

Please check my diversity boxes!

Though I will say that my ADHD and autism spectrum cyber security coworkers are pretty good people and good at their job too.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BonHair posted:

Please check my diversity boxes!

Though I will say that my ADHD and autism spectrum cyber security coworkers are pretty good people and good at their job too.

if that’s what they’re after intelligence agencies in the US at least should just advertise a lack of stimulant supply issues

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Intelligence orgs like to hire trans people too, we can keep a secret well and presumably it's easier to kill us if needed

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Antonymous posted:

It was well known in the 20th century that colors could be reproduced by mixing primaries, I think western civilization figured that out in the times of ancient greece but I don't know the exact history. And I think it was also known that although all hues can be made from three colors, all hues aren't made of three colors by the time of Newton.
[snip[
Necropost, but that was a wonderful post, and I'm really glad I read it.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

Benefits/perks became a thing in the US last century specifically to sidestep progressive tax brackets, and family trusts as a way of sidestepping personal wealth taxes.
Of course this just means we need to marshal appropriate resources to close loopholes or go after the wealthy for tax crimes instead of auditing waiters for not reporting enough of their tips.

I've had to explain this to a border guard before because he refused to understand that the car which I use for personal use and drive on vacation is owned by my company.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ewww, gross, imagine having to wrestle Zuckerberg D:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm guessing that's because the Romans did wrestling but not fencing

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007