Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
IIRC the Affirmative Action Bake Sale was pioneered in the early 1980s by right wing Dartmouth Review student newspaper writers (probably including noted convicted felon Dinesh D'Souza and Laura Ingraham)

So yeah, it's a "joke" that is at least forty years old. Fresh as a daisy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Republicans posted:

Pretty sure that's an old picture, I'm sure I've seen that exact sign before.

Yeah, that picture alone is pushing like 20 years old at this point. I seem to recall it was very 2006-ish, maybe 2008, around the time Obama started rising to prominence and the right wing in America just got super mask-off racist in response to Black President.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

It's still making Neo-nazis mad so working as intended.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Some googling shows a chud blog about it from 2011, it's a California college Republicans event in response to some Affirmative Action change

Piell fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 14, 2022

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Meanwhile: it is to lol, perchance to lmao

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/1591972783155990528?t=orOYMWswJgVM6OpRKU6AWg&s=19

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Where's the spock emoji?
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1591957646894321664?t=j71QD0rIJWgYUWB_zDDzwQ&s=19

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Libertarians are beyond parody. I suppose most of reality is these days but they will always have a special place in the "LOL, what?" category.

Adults with Baby's First Political Belief System.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Levantine posted:

Libertarians are beyond parody. I suppose most of reality is these days but they will always have a special place in the "LOL, what?" category.

Adults with Baby's First Political Belief System.

There's a reply that says "I absolutely agree. We're either entirely logical or not logical at all"

Like...what?!? Either I think or I don't. That's my politics!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Recently the leadership of the libertarian party got fully taken over by MAGA Chuds, from what I understand

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

FlamingLiberal posted:

Recently the leadership of the libertarian party got fully taken over by MAGA Chuds, from what I understand

This makes sense, as Scarlet Witch Libertarian lady has some pretty far right views-anti abortion, wants leftist books banned from schools, anti Vax/mask, the whole nine yards.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Yeah, here's a more in-depth discussion of the fashy turn the Libertarian Party has taken lately: https://www.thedailybeast.com/libertarian-party-is-fighting-a-civil-war-over-its-right-wing-mises-caucus

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Hot take, McConnell is a the defacto leader of the Republican Old Guard. Terrible folks but still sane. Granted, this performance sucks but he's absolutely no friend of MAGA Republicans and desperately wants them to be gone. I think this is a small price to pay and now they're finally getting slowly pushed back out of the party.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Oh yeah I encountered this in the wild the other day, they see Mitch as a leftist quasi-Democrat cuck. It owns because they're gonna want some absolute rube in his place and they're going to get played constantly, even by Schumer.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also encounter this. The Libertarians are very mad that the party is openly supporting the things that merely implied by their policies.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/SteveBattaglio/status/1592283981533569024

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
How much must you like to eat poo poo so that you can be the token democrat on a Fox News show?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Murgos posted:

How much must you like to eat poo poo so that you can be the token democrat on a Fox News show?

Gabbard switched parties to Republican, not that she was anything else in reality. She ran as a Democrat because that's the only way to get elected in Hawai'i but she's always been a homophobic warhawk so she'll fit right in at Fox.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
McConnell also really likes giving cash to Ukraine so the FSB-to-RWM pipeline is doing its usual thing.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

McConnell also really likes giving cash to Ukraine so the FSB-to-RWM pipeline is doing its usual thing.

Guess that $200 Million investment from Deripaska didn't pan out :v:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm fascinated the MAGA contingent on 4ch isn't going "McConnell engineered the whole Roe debacle!" yet.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1591137651264196608?t=d4WVPwH7Y69BjOEOLkpA5w&s=19

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ron Desantis is just Bush if he pretended to be an insane Florida guy instead of a dumb Texas guy.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
irony coming from Walsh given how he also dresses up and changes branding every few years.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lol "DeSantis: 1.) hosed up the economy 2.) hosed up legal immigration and 3.) hosed up healthcare". I guess that's definitely anti-establishment!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Lol "DeSantis: 1.) hosed up the economy 2.) hosed up legal immigration and 3.) hosed up healthcare". I guess that's definitely anti-establishment!

Yeah but he owned the libs which is literally all his voters care about

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Yeah, here's a more in-depth discussion of the fashy turn the Libertarian Party has taken lately: https://www.thedailybeast.com/libertarian-party-is-fighting-a-civil-war-over-its-right-wing-mises-caucus
As it turns out, :10bux: isn't enough to keep it the fash if you can't also throw them out the metaphorical window when they go full throat.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I'm really excited about the prospect of Republicans seeing Florida as a blueprint for future victories.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Disney is a pile of poo poo but :lol: at seeing settling a town of tax payers with their massive resort upkeep costs and billion dollar bond as a win and raising their property taxes by hundreds of dollars. Disney had already been paying the town their property tax without the town giving anything back to Disney. It was basically a free influx of cash for the town to use. What a win!

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 15, 2022

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm really excited about the prospect of Republicans seeing Florida as a blueprint for future victories.

The Florida GOP's success mostly comes down to demographic changes + the Florida Dem party's incompetence. DeSantis's culture war bullshit won't fly outside of the reddest, chuddiest states.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Disney is a pile of poo poo but :lol: at seeing settling a town of tax payers with their massive resort upkeep costs and billion dollar bond as a win and raising their property taxes by hundreds of dollars. Disney had already been paying the town their property tax without the town giving anything back to Disney. It was basically a free influx of cash for the town to use. What a win!

also IIRC there was a big delay on whatever bill they passed that allows them to quietly walk the whole thing back when people stop paying attention

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Queering Wheel posted:

The Florida GOP's success mostly comes down to demographic changes + the Florida Dem party's incompetence. DeSantis's culture war bullshit won't fly outside of the reddest, chuddiest states.

does demographic change here mean, a poo poo ton of retiring snowbirds go there and wait to die while being as lovely as possible?

only two of these three legs will struggle in other places. note struggle still means an almost 50:50ish split.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Of all my most MAGA relatives, two have moved to Florida in the last year. And they aren't even snowbirds, or geratrics, both youngish (30-40 y/o) people.

Ironically, one of them just bought a Telsa lol The Musk brainworms are working.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PhazonLink posted:

does demographic change here mean, a poo poo ton of retiring snowbirds go there and wait to die while being as lovely as possible?

only two of these three legs will struggle in other places. note struggle still means an almost 50:50ish split.
That’s part of it

The GOP has also begun to win among Hispanics in FL, something they struggled with more less than a decade ago

NDP
Jun 25, 2021

FlamingLiberal posted:

The GOP has also begun to win among Hispanics in FL, something they struggled with more less than a decade ago

But aren't the Hispanics in Florida mostly Cuban, rabidly anti-Communist, conservative, and have been strong Republicans for decades? It's been my understanding Cuban-Americans are among the voting blocs the GOP could always depend on.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Trump ages slower

"During a Fox News segment about the 2024 race, Perino noted that former White House Secretary Jen Psaki had recently pointed out that Trump is 76 years old while Biden is 79.

But Perino said that Trump's age might not be a hindrance like it would be for Biden.

"Eh, I don't know — everybody ages at a different rate," the Fox News host told Kellyanne Conway. "So, we can maybe set that aside.""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3YVDhHRYiQ

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

NDP posted:

But aren't the Hispanics in Florida mostly Cuban, rabidly anti-Communist, conservative, and have been strong Republicans for decades? It's been my understanding Cuban-Americans are among the voting blocs the GOP could always depend on.

That's only some of the population.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Queering Wheel posted:

Exactly, and that's why it's so exciting. If they instead conclude that DeSantis won on messaging and strategy, they're going to double down disastrously.

And if not, it might be even worse for them because in swing states they'll have half weirdos and half moderate conservatives trying to maintain a unified message.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

OgNar posted:

Trump ages slower

"During a Fox News segment about the 2024 race, Perino noted that former White House Secretary Jen Psaki had recently pointed out that Trump is 76 years old while Biden is 79.

But Perino said that Trump's age might not be a hindrance like it would be for Biden.

"Eh, I don't know — everybody ages at a different rate," the Fox News host told Kellyanne Conway. "So, we can maybe set that aside.""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3YVDhHRYiQ

I saw trump on tv for the first time since 2020. He looks like poo poo. He always did, but he for sure looks worse now.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Queering Wheel posted:

The way it's being sold down here is that all those fine good americans trapped in Democratic states like NY, DE, PA and NJ have fled and chose to move here. WHich is kinda true because holy poo poo, I'm from Philly but have lived in NE FL for 20+ years and tehre are poo poo ton of Giants, Steelers, Eagles and WAshington fans here. Lots and lots of people living here from up that way.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BiggerBoat posted:

The way it's being sold down here is that all those fine good americans trapped in Democratic states like NY, DE, PA and NJ have fled and chose to move here. WHich is kinda true because holy poo poo, I'm from Philly but have lived in NE FL for 20+ years and tehre are poo poo ton of Giants, Steelers, Eagles and WAshington fans here. Lots and lots of people living here from up that way.

How it's always been. I worked at a pizza place in Clearwater for a few years and we had more New Englander customers than locals, in like 2004. The NE'ers with money retire in FL and vote republican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I AM GRANDO posted:

I saw trump on tv for the first time since 2020. He looks like poo poo. He always did, but he for sure looks worse now.

Yeah he got the long Covid and it makes him look even more like a sundried orange than before, less able to speak a complete sentence too.