Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
much more interesting for psvr2 is the followup to firewall which is one of the very few vr games i played that actually utilized and took advantage of the expanded sensory data and functionality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
*spartacus-ishly*

I liked the camera

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
*spartanly*
the camera is fine boy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Twibbit posted:

*spartanly*
the camera is fine boy.

i need a nodding :kratos: for this

also to the whole "people seem to hate gow2" post form earlier. ragnorok is incredible, I'm just nit picking bc its so drat good I'm left thinking about the few things that detract from it. same thing happened with elden ring (altho ragnarok is not nearly so ground breaking) where it was a fantastic game and people would point out the one or two things that aren't great. it was my default choice in the game awards voting outside of giving elden ring the nod for game of the year.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 15, 2022

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

its easier to nitpick than suffer the indignity of not being able to play at work like i can with tactics goatgre

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Casnorf posted:

its easier to nitpick than suffer the indignity of not being able to play at work like i can with tactics goatgre

true.

god bless games you can play at work, looking at you vampire survivors

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vampire Survivors not being on the PS5 is definitely one of the top 3 shocking anime betrayals of all time.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm suprised people like the camera. I think the game would benefit from a manual camera and increased FOV so you don't need to rely on indicators.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

But the camera is manual... are you thinking about GoW2 ps2?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Twibbit posted:

But the camera is manual... are you thinking about GoW2 ps2?

Manual like in Metal Gear or Tsushima that works independently regardless of what your character is doing, I mean

acksplode
May 17, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

Name one person who likes the camera.

Raises paw. I want more character action games with this camera. God Hand stays goated

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I turn the camera noise and shake off cos that makes me dizzy but otherwise it's fine.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

Manual like in Metal Gear or Tsushima that works independently regardless of what your character is doing, I mean

That is called Independent Camera normally. As any camera that a player can control is manual.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I connect more with the character if they are big on the screen. In old GOW Kratos was this tiny little thing on the screen which always made it feel less epic in scale and made it feel more like an arcade game. Lots of my favorite games have a close up camera especially since survival horror is a favorite of mine. Dark Souls is the perfect mid point for melee combat though. Nice, big character but still small enough to see around you. (not that Dark Souls camera is perfect either lol. Infamously it's not)

Speaking of bad loving cameras... I'm replaying MGR Revengence and my god. Worst camera I have ever seen in a game in my life. This game is overrated as hell tbh it's not great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

From the camera, to the way Kratos holds his axe right handed, to the boy thinking he's allowed to speak without being addressed first, to the chatter, just absolute revulsion at all aspects

Game is cringe

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: what?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

silent nod of approval

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Acumen is the new Pablo

Getting properly stuck into the story again for the first tine since I got back home and it owns, game owns, just had some unbelievably good fights

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the way slamming a sabretooth seal around like a sack of flour make me feel

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

oof

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

hahahaha i did not think those two markets overlapped even a little

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah funnily enough the only Playstation to not handle HDDs this way is the PS3

hence why it is the GOAT

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Have to agree with the sentiments put forward by @SirDagnix

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

what

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It should make you have to delete your save when you win a match.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’n officially reaching the “holy poo poo how big IS this game” point. May have to start leaving side quests for postgame because there’s a TON

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Escobarbarian posted:

I’n officially reaching the “holy poo poo how big IS this game” point. May have to start leaving side quests for postgame because there’s a TON

Have, I think, just reached the same exact point. An area I’ve already been to and explored and have some bits left to do and suddenly it opens up to what could be another realm entirely.

Can get a bit daunting at times

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aipsh posted:

Have, I think, just reached the same exact point. An area I’ve already been to and explored and have some bits left to do and suddenly it opens up to what could be another realm entirely.

Can get a bit daunting at times

Just checkin: Northern area of Vanaheim? The Crater and so on? because yeah it’s so loving big lol with so much to do and also came at a point where it really seems like story should be the focus

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

They really did an amzing job of combining combat options with traversal options to a degree that is appropriately game-y and yet feels totally cohesive with the level design. Getting the spear was a huge holy poo poo moment for me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Speaking of bad loving cameras... I'm replaying MGR Revengence and my god. Worst camera I have ever seen in a game in my life. This game is overrated as hell tbh it's not great.

I think Revengeance is great for what it is. Nier:A and Vanquish are the best P* titles though, and it's not even close.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
They've done a real nice job with the voice acting in tactics ogre. Arycelle has such a distinctive voice, I'm fascinated by everything she says.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Escobarbarian posted:

Just checkin: Northern area of Vanaheim? The Crater and so on? because yeah it’s so loving big lol with so much to do and also came at a point where it really seems like story should be the focus

That’s the one. I’ve already goofed around there a bit but wondering should I just start saving all that stuff for post-game

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whelp, I did it. I pre-ordered the vr2, comes out to like $600 after tax. I'm bad with money. Hopefully gt7/acc gets support for it at some point.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

no money left over to spend on microtransaction dances in factions 2 :doh:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vr will continue to fail until ace combat makes an mmo for it

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

no money left over to spend on microtransaction dances in factions 2 :doh:

As long as they keep the gun flip from og factions so I can look like I'm jerking off over a dead body I'll be fine m.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I also like the camera, but that guy only asked us to name one person, so he wins the argument on a technicality.

FireWorksWell posted:

Yeah I finished the campaign yesterday and it's crazy how it only feels like I've done a fraction of the game.

If you skipped the side quests that were available in the course of the campaign, then yeah you'd still have half the game left to complete after the credits rolled. Most of the bosses and puzzles are completely off to the side. If completed them as they came up, then you still have at least an hour of new stuff available after the credit roll.

I think I like the side stuff way more than the campaign. Exploring the crater was my favorite part of the entire game. It has all of the gameplay I like without any of the pacing issues or filler of the main story.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My only real issue with it now I’m almost done is the whole night-day thing is not a very fun mechanic compared to unlocking areas by using weapons or whatever

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh wait I just unlocked two more side quests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

I'm suprised people like the camera. I think the game would benefit from a manual camera and increased FOV so you don't need to rely on indicators.

I had issues with the camera in 2018, but they've made a lot of QoL adjustments to it and combat in general, it's quite a bit better this time around. It feels like a staple of the Nordic Saga or whatever, but successfully loosening up on parts of it for Dadnarok confirms what I originally felt that the embedded 1-take style is largely a visual gimmick that sometimes compromises other parts of the interactive design. Anyways, at least it makes the games distinct.