Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

All crypto people look like various forms of goblin

This is better as a statement than a question, as updated and noted.

Meanwhile, lots of people who are involved with bitcoin believe they're doing something important and it must go up. Then again, this happened.

https://twitter.com/CoinDesk/status/1592543111921770499

Usually this is about the strongest sign of an impending crash that exists. Wondering if she'll sell again by EOY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/fxhedgers/status/1592577369730351104?s=46&t=6lSgUy5L9YTc0nK_mbIXWA

We can only hope this is true

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Meanwhile, lots of people who are involved with bitcoin believe they're doing something important and it must go up. Then again, this happened.

Usually this is about the strongest sign of an impending crash that exists. Wondering if she'll sell again by EOY.

"A record discount"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

This is a terrible comparison because no one expected Trump to win in 2016, the republicans were actively obstructing democratic supreme court appointments in the year of Obama's term, and she was relatively healthy (as much so as an 83 year old woman can be) in 2015. The assumption was that she would retire early in Hillary's term but lol whelp. She almost made it through Trump, but not quite.
Except she refused when people who foresaw the risk were begging her to retire in 2014, afraid that the GOP might win the senate in the midterms, closing off the opportunity for her to retire and be replaced by Obama before the next presidential election which the GOP could also win. Which in fact is exactly what went on to happen.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So russia bombing poland is good for bitcoin how?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

VitalSigns posted:

Except she refused when people who foresaw the risk were begging her to retire in 2014, afraid that the GOP might win the senate in the midterms, closing off the opportunity for her to retire and be replaced by Obama before the next presidential election which the GOP could also win. Which in fact is exactly what went on to happen.

Yeah they whole mess was the height of Democratic hubris

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

Is there that exact plot line in West Wing that predates that by like a decade? The crusty old judge knows better than when to step aside because he is better than politics, and anyone that the president could hope to appoint. Or something like that.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I get so much financial news reporting on whatever loving stupid thing Cathie Woods is doing this week and I don’t know why. She was right like once and then wrong almost every other time.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Now there's a whole other argument to be had about relying on octogenarians in the highest court in the land in the first place, but that's a separate issue.

Carefully taking my opponents point and dropping it into a box marked "separate issue".

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Olewithmilk posted:

You recommend any good videos? I don't really know what's happened.

so this is the one that outlines "interesting connections" like who SBF familys and political donations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieu3VzKkp1c

this is the newest one I havent watched yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIMKsB3D9SU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the funniest thing about cathie's destruction is that it's been pretty much nothing but bad news for her since literally the day after she gave an interview where she said god guides all of her trades

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Orvin posted:

Is there that exact plot line in West Wing that predates that by like a decade? The crusty old judge knows better than when to step aside because he is better than politics, and anyone that the president could hope to appoint. Or something like that.
No. In the show a (conservative) justice died, and then the (liberal) Chief Justice agreed to retire if the White House could make a deal with Republicans to put a new liberal judge in as Chief Justice in exchange for letting conservatives choose the other replacement.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

No. In the show a (conservative) justice died, and then the (liberal) Chief Justice agreed to retire if the White House could make a deal with Republicans to put a new liberal judge in as Chief Justice in exchange for letting conservatives choose the other replacement.

Lmao Sorkin is a hack.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Everyone talking about how RBJ should have known to retire in 2014 is taking an extremely a-historic view of the situation. Particularly because in 2014 she was just a few years away from seeing her close friend Sandra Day O'Connor retire to take care of her husband, only for her husband to die shortly after. O'Conner then had to watch loving Sam Alito sit in her seat and race to become the worst justice in Supreme Court history. Hell, O'Connor is still alive and could still be on the bench if she hadn't retired too early.

EDIT:

To get back on topic, here's how the Bitcoin crowd is trying to spin all this madness...

https://twitter.com/LinaSeiche/status/1591882933731983360

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 15, 2022

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

LanceHunter posted:

Everyone talking about how RBJ should have known to retire in 2014 is taking an extremely a-historic view of the situation.

Here's an ahistorical take for you. US Judges and politicians should be forced to retire at 70. Your entire ruling class is people who predate commercial television.

Ed: also the Bitcoin comic reminds me of that old atheist joke about "I just believe in one fewer god than you".

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ups_rail posted:

so this is the one that outlines "interesting connections" like who SBF familys and political donations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieu3VzKkp1c

this is the newest one I havent watched yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIMKsB3D9SU

I know his channel name turns a lot of people off but he does do really good videos.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Party Ape posted:

Here's an ahistorical take for you. US Judges and politicians should be forced to retire at 70.

Hey if we're wishing for things can I have a unicorn and a flying carpet?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the entire point of retiring early was you had a sympathetic party in control to get a good judge.

If your point is they would have appointed a poo poo judge either way then everything was and is pointless so why care about judges at all

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

This is a terrible comparison because no one expected Trump to win in 2016, the republicans were actively obstructing democratic supreme court appointments in the year of Obama's term, and she was relatively healthy (as much so as an 83 year old woman can be) in 2015. The assumption was that she would retire early in Hillary's term but lol whelp. She almost made it through Trump, but not quite. If anything she suffered from the same problem of under-estimating the chances of a Trump win that most of the democratic establishment did.

Now there's a whole other argument to be had about relying on octogenarians in the highest court in the land in the first place, but that's a separate issue.

I think its quite generous of you to engineer a situation that allows old fossils clinging to the highest powers of government in a way that can be interpreted as positive.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

EDIT:

To get back on topic, here's how the Bitcoin crowd is trying to spin all this madness...

https://twitter.com/LinaSeiche/status/1591882933731983360

I knew this was good for bitcoin!!

Very strong "I'm not religious, I'm Christian" energy

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Cant wait being old & confused at the grocery store checkout when my 4 factor authenticated turbocoin provider crashes & the youth laugh disgustedly as i reminisce over chip & pin machines.
Soon the cashier starts carving an IOU into the skin on my back

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
not ALL cryptocoins!

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

George Rouncewell posted:

Cant wait being old & confused at the grocery store checkout when my 4 factor authenticated turbocoin provider crashes & the youth laugh disgustedly as i reminisce over chip & pin machines.
Soon the cashier starts carving an IOU into the skin on my back

The check writing grandma of the millennial generation

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://twitter.com/isaacscher/status/1592619864631365632?s=46&t=rbCBrWqLelqxEOK8-kL19g

I’m a very good researcher, except for that one thing

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i literally had to use the mag strip on my card the other day because they had a lot of chip trouble that day, i think these two base levels of electronic fin will always be here.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The closer to midnight the bell tolls, the crazier these people's PR meltdown jargon is going to get and that's basically all I'm reading this thread for

attn: ex rich *coining goons, please at least be entertaining as the whole thing implodes and please gallows humor about which countries approached you to violate the Hatch act

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Waffle House posted:

The closer to midnight the bell tolls, the crazier these people's PR meltdown jargon is going to get and that's basically all I'm reading this thread for

It should get really good from here, to be honest. Especially below 12k btc if/when we get there.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

FTX refugees when the next exchange goes down: this is not why i unbankmaned myself

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
The Bitcoin maximalists crack me up. Like all that poo poo about the amount of energy it wastes solving brain teasers just bounced off of them. Can't do any better. There's no way to improve it at all. This is the one. Ride or die. Whoever wins, earth loses.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

acidx posted:

The Bitcoin maximalists crack me up. Like all that poo poo about the amount of energy it wastes solving brain teasers just bounced off of them. Can't do any better. There's no way to improve it at all. This is the one. Ride or die. Whoever wins, earth loses.

What kind of complexity are we talking about anyway?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Bronze III on the Japan server! Sub-NA!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

lmao he is so clearly faking sleep in that picture, everyone who gave that clown money should be exiled to jupiter

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

gvibes posted:

Bronze III on the Japan server! Sub-NA!

"restarting his RAM"? What on earth. oh is this dipshit talking like his brain is a computer?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

haljordan posted:

lmao he is so clearly faking sleep in that picture, everyone who gave that clown money should be exiled to jupiter

"My mind stays in work mode" gently caress you

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1592646606242779136

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah they whole mess was the height of Democratic hubris

It was hubris but it was on her part not the D's.

She thought she'd live forever or something and when asked to retire so they could let the D's pick her replacement she told them to screw off and stuck around long enough to die in office and let the R's pick it instead.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

BoldFace posted:

Apparently, not believing in crypto now means that you're a Hitler.
https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/1592454899434147841

I always lol recalling this dude created ethereum because he was mad with a patch in world of war craft

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I always lol recalling this dude created ethereum because he was mad with a patch in world of war craft

Folding Ideas described him as "butthurt warlock main"

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
This is a pretty good list of speculation about how SBF might have lost all that money:

https://milkyeggs.com/?p=175

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Heath posted:

Folding Ideas described him as "butthurt warlock main"

Well he wasn’t wrong!