Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lostconfused posted:

I honestly had no idea the Baltic states are more ready to die than Poland.

https://twitter.com/IngridaSimonyte/status/1592603720134500352?t=lAJRNvr0HNSk0F8CcOIaOg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It seems obviously insane to hear about a grain elevator explosion and immediately leap to the conclusion that it's Russian missiles that missed their target. The chance of that happening is nonzero but microscopic compared to the the possibility of it https://doing. Until they find missile pieces it's just people stroking themselves hoping for the war to escalate and get bloodier because they're bored or something. Disgusting

Russia conducting a Mickey Mouse war has emboldened people who smell blood in the water and sense weakness.

The US bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade in what was not very likely an accident, and China had to roll with it. By contrast, even a slight pretext here can be used to extract more from what’s seen as a prostrate Russia.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I swear to god if I get sent to battlegroup or something because Canada must forward base a bde I’ll be pissed

e:

Comedy option, Lwow restored

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

do you want to trust eastern european electricity

haha good point

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1592598364176031746

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmao of course war-humpers are taking it as proven fact already that the explosions were Russian missiles and treating the idea that it might just be an explosion from grain dust a conspiracy theory

Unreal how stupid the war propaganda makes some people. It seems to straight up short circuit some people's brains

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

there it is

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I've seen enough. Invoke article 5, ukraine must be invaded by nato

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

lmao of course war-humpers are taking it as proven fact already that the explosions were Russian missiles and treating the idea that it might just be an explosion from grain dust a conspiracy theory

Unreal how stupid the war propaganda makes some people. It seems to straight up short circuit some people's brains

afaik they found missile guts on site

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Big beautiful Israel defending good friend Poland from evil Russia, some collateral damage might have been involved.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

these people want to have sex with the concept of war itself! full penetrative intercourse !!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's very funny how carefully you've avoided the realities of war funding. Nowhere in your assessment is the concept that a state at war may need to buy weapons or pay soldiers or that those expenses could come from other areas (like infrastructure and agriculture) in the form of debt.

On top of all that is working backwards from the premise that Vietnam was free to choose whatever it wanted to rather than facing coercion by a unilateral trade bloc.

:rolleyes:

Don't you know that bombs and other war materials can only be purchased with Warbucks? Vietnam was only paying back the debt for regular Bucks, so it's fundamentally different

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The scariest thing about it being deflected missile fragments (or a stray interceptor?) is that the possibility of Russian saboteurs with access to cigarettes igniting grain silos remains.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Seatbelts posted:

afaik they found missile guts on site

eh, there were some pictures of scrap metal on twitter people were using as evidence.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Great timed post

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Great timed post
As long as there's evidence to see I've got no problem talking about Russian missiles hitting buildings in Poland. But before any evidence is out there my post still stands :shrug:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Calibanibal posted:

Submarines don't exist. Have you ever seen one?

yes I have.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Not nice of Ukraine to drop bombs on NATO like that.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Article 5! ARTICLE FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
America has so many observation satellites over that area it'll bet they know what happens on every square meter.

speng31b posted:

eh, there were some pictures of scrap metal on twitter people were using as evidence.

That's true it'll take some time to know if that's actually missile bits or where/when it came from.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Great timed post

its about as likely as russia shooting a cruise missile at poland, which people treated as an actual possibility lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
e: I can't read worsd

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 21:13 on Nov 15, 2022

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
unless you could change like one number on a gps coordinate and it all lines up. that’d at least have a logical through line.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Admittedly if it was an Ukrainian s-300...it would also be a pretty tremendous whoops, it ended up 68 kms from Lvov.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

invoke article 5 on...ukraine?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

lmao, loving called it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Russian missile wreckage hits Polish farm.

Time to launch all nukes!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
putin did not forget poland

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Russian missile wreckage hits Polish farm.

nah, if it's s300 wreckage (big if) that would be from ukrainian air defense

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

speng31b posted:

nah, if it's s300 wreckage (big if) that would be from ukrainian air defense

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

speng31b posted:

invoke article 5 on...ukraine?

invoke ‘v’

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

President Xi! please!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
tonight, everyone is OSINT

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we are all Brown Moses

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
Article 5 wouldn't allow the invasion of Russia in this case cause they aren't trying to invade Poland (yet)
Its a defensive pact so it would mostly end with new air defense and FF posting from Poland for a few years.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

synapse posted:

everyone is so thirsty lmao

Stockheed Martin

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Seatbelts posted:

Article 5 wouldn't allow the invasion of Russia in this case cause they aren't trying to invade Poland (yet)
Its a defensive pact so it would mostly end with new air defense and FF posting from Poland for a few years.

yeah, maybe poland will bluff their way to some new toys over it

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Dreylad posted:

tonight, everyone is OSINT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkT19uH2RQ

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Frosted Flakes please tell us how this missile accident relates to the famous 1557 Battle of Lubieszów

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

speng31b posted:

yeah, maybe poland will bluff their way to some new toys over it

They should give them to Ukrainians so that they stop accidentally shooting their old ones into Poland.