Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

SadisTech posted:

Been getting a bit of Stylosa content in recommendations lately and, uh... am I wrong or is he just not very good for a 'pro'

Like i'm not going to say I'm better than he is but I'm also not claiming to be or offering coaching tips

Stylosa was never a pro. He's just a content creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Yeah Stylosa is terrible but also isn't afraid to talk about how dogshit greedy the monetization is.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Jack Trades posted:

Sooo...Bastion but a Tank?
With Sojourn being "Widow but good" I feel like they're running out of ideas.

I mean it's not like they did something goofy like "Genji, but healer"

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Was Mei re-enabled yet? I have a weird urge to play Mei. I was playing Baptiste, and I think getting better with his immortality field might make me better at landing Mei ults.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 15, 2022

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Seeing someone use the immortality effect effectively over and over again was pretty amazing. Also kind of frustrating because it's hard enough for me to confirm kills. But hey gotta hand it to them for the nice work, I say, from the grave.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Right? When I say "getting better" I mean, mostly, getting like one or two saves, and/or deterring anyone from shooting me because they can't hit my generator. The guys that can actually stop poo poo with it reliably are crazy.

Bap is weird. His gun is really good, but not too good. He's got a serious advantage over Mercy in that he can fire it without slowing down his grenades, and over Ana in that they're distinct shots with distinct things each can hit. I do like his Mario 2 rear end jump. His ult is crazy good but everyone refuses to use it and instead decides to dive the enemies, which is kind of a let down. I guess that also at least boosts his heals, so that's not worthless.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

It's also never worthless to drop a window for yourself and kill 80% of the cast in one or two bursts

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I appreciate that you can dance with it like Sym's ult, and in case some charging German hammerman flies past you.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/regarding-our-mid-season-cycle-patch/748128

THE PATCH WAS ALREADY DONE TWO WEEKS AGO, WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING?!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh but you can buy a new Mei skin for 10 bux.

Can't actually play Mei but...you know...

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jack Trades posted:

Oh but you can buy a new Mei skin for 10 bux.

Can't actually play Mei but...you know...

What the gently caress even is this skin

Space Channel 4 1/2 Mei?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

What the gently caress even is this skin

Space Channel 4 1/2 Mei?

:shrug:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Those colors are awesome

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Jack Trades posted:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/regarding-our-mid-season-cycle-patch/748128

THE PATCH WAS ALREADY DONE TWO WEEKS AGO, WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING?!

What an incompetent bunch

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What an incompetent single remaining junior dev who comes in to an empty cube farm every morning.

I'm very interested to see an OW1 launch credits screen shot with names crossed off.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I was legit excited for the balance patch, lmao. :rip:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Anyone have patch notes?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Batiste ult is baller solo or with group support. I don't think you can do 1-shot fire strikes anymore but it's still good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

quote:

UPDATE 4:00 PM PST, 11/15 - We are now planning to release this mid-season patch on Thursday, November 17 at 11 AM PST. Thank you to our players for your patience as we addressed this issue.

2 day delay, alright.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Junkerqueens speakers aren't blasting tunes on the splash screen, wtf blizzard fix this immediately.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

dogstile posted:

Poor hog, he was my first main and now he just kinda exists doing gently caress all in a game that heavily buffed all tanks except him.

To the contrary, I enjoy hooking and picking squishies that think they're safe from right under the enemy tank's nose.

"Hi." :twisted:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Roadhog hooks are the one thing I can aim well. Roadhog main for life.

My favorite accomplishment is catching wind of a Sombra running around behind us and then just getting a sixth sense to hook off in some random direction at thin air to produce a Sombra which immediately evaporated.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Roadhog hooks are the one thing I can aim well. Roadhog main for life.

My favorite accomplishment is catching wind of a Sombra running around behind us and then just getting a sixth sense to hook off in some random direction at thin air to produce a Sombra which immediately evaporated.

:hf:

It's pretty sweet seeing a Sombra get completely flabbergasted at how you managed to pick them out of thin air.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

3.5$ vs 5$

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

For $3.50, you'll eat it once and just be done with it.

But for $5? Then it can last forever.

(Smiles a wide, poo poo-eating grin)

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

96 spacejam posted:

Is there a creator out there that has legit guides on how to Lucio. Literally just never was able to make this hero click.

I found Eskay's video on wall riding interesting, I'm betting they have more instructional vids buried in the channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpR6Mbgfn0I

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
some junkrat in comp today was like wow no supp no heals and i was like excuse me? and just went loving ballistic as Moira to spite him

lil fun thing i did was purple orb a bastion then land my float on top of him to ride behind into a corner while draining him

also so many good Orissa games tonight omg just sniping assholes with the javvy

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

verbal enema posted:

some junkrat in comp today was like wow no supp no heals and i was like excuse me? and just went loving ballistic as Moira to spite him

lil fun thing i did was purple orb a bastion then land my float on top of him to ride behind into a corner while draining him

also so many good Orissa games tonight omg just sniping assholes with the javvy

Orisa is 90% about hitting the right cooldown for what the enemy tank is doing, and it is so easy to choose poorly. I need to get some practice with her based on how I got handled in a few matches last night.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Took Doomfist into quick play and was insulted with a racist slur within the first two games. Great.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

headcase posted:

Orisa is 90% about hitting the right cooldown for what the enemy tank is doing, and it is so easy to choose poorly. I need to get some practice with her based on how I got handled in a few matches last night.

dude layering all her cds with 2 secs of eachother is ludicrous strong

Jack's Flow posted:

Took Doomfist into quick play and was insulted with a racist slur within the first two games. Great.

classic overwatch

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I had my own first in-game rage quit playing MH the other night. It doesn't really count because I had an immediate family emergency (turned out ok), but I was tilted, doing horribly, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with anything. Dropped just after they took the second point in Gibraltar.

My first MH game back last night I get put into a game in progress at the very end of the same map, as Hanzo, into Rein, Sigma, Doomfist, Brig, and Symmetra, with ults. Quickest loss ever and well played Blizz.

Then did a point capture game where everything clicked, my team worked like clockwork, and I got 3 dailies and 2 seasonals done. Mystery Heroes taketh and giveth I guess.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

It's absolutely ludicrous they went with "Lucio-Ohs" instead of the much more aesthetic "Luci-Os"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

headcase posted:

Orisa is 90% about hitting the right cooldown for what the enemy tank is doing

This is also why I find Sigma so satisfying to play, you have to find this rhythm of shield/drop shield, as well as knowing what to hold the rock and succ abilities for. Makes it fun playing against an Orisa, as both of you are juggling and second-guessing cooldowns.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Countblanc posted:

It's absolutely ludicrous they went with "Lucio-Ohs" instead of the much more aesthetic "Luci-Os"

"look dear, it's your favorite character, Luci"

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

verbal enema posted:

dude layering all her cds with 2 secs of eachother is ludicrous strong

Fortify, javelin spin push the opposing tank backward toward a wall (which usually confuses/irritates them), back off for one second, javelin them into a wall, the extra damage resist and health from fortify usually means you can finish them off first before your gun overheats. It's fun.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Midniter posted:

Fortify, javelin spin push the opposing tank backward toward a wall (which usually confuses/irritates them), back off for one second, javelin them into a wall, the extra damage resist and health from fortify usually means you can finish them off first before your gun overheats. It's fun.

it owns

so many good games in the early morning? i had a nice time

rein is still just a ludicrous good tank

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Jack B Nimble posted:

"look dear, it's your favorite character, Luci"

Look cereal based off my favorite cookie, Ore

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This is also why I find Sigma so satisfying to play, you have to find this rhythm of shield/drop shield, as well as knowing what to hold the rock and succ abilities for. Makes it fun playing against an Orisa, as both of you are juggling and second-guessing cooldowns.

:same:

Now just place those explosions directly into the enemies midfield and the word "tank" gets a whole lot more literal.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I can do any tank as Ori but vs Sigma? gently caress me it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

verbal enema posted:

I can do any tank as Ori but vs Sigma? gently caress me it's done.

how are you dealing with Zarya?